IGNORED

They both can't be Fredo, can they? Junior and Eric

GreyhoundFan

Since we have threads for many newsmakers in this sham administration, I thought I'd start one for the two adult male spawn of Agent Orange. I saw this article about Eric's new haircut. It is rather creepy. "Eric Trump Got A New Haircut, And Twitter Thinks It Looks Strangely Familiar"

Spoiler

Hairstyles can be Iconic, from Liza Minnelli's signature Vidal Sassoon cut to the 90s mullet and everything in between. So when someone, especially a person in politics, gets a fresh new cut, they must be prepared to receive criticism. That's exactly where Eric Trump now finds himself.

Here's what Eric Trump looked like before his new cut.

... <you know what he looked like>

Here's the new haircut.

20170627_creepy.thumb.PNG.836fb5f8e7ded7f968ae17663952ad65.PNG

People keep thinking his new haircut looks like Richard Spencer.

...<the tweets are priceless. Scarily enough, Richard Spencer himself weighed in. I became a bit nauseous.>

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Since we have threads for many newsmakers in this sham administration, I thought I'd start one for the two adult male spawn of Agent Orange. I saw this article about Eric's new haircut. It is rather creepy. "Eric Trump Got A New Haircut, And Twitter Thinks It Looks Strangely Familiar"

Hide contents

Hairstyles can be Iconic, from Liza Minnelli's signature Vidal Sassoon cut to the 90s mullet and everything in between. So when someone, especially a person in politics, gets a fresh new cut, they must be prepared to receive criticism. That's exactly where Eric Trump now finds himself.

Here's what Eric Trump looked like before his new cut.

... <you know what he looked like>

Here's the new haircut.

20170627_creepy.thumb.PNG.836fb5f8e7ded7f968ae17663952ad65.PNG

People keep thinking his new haircut looks like Richard Spencer.

...<the tweets are priceless. Scarily enough, Richard Spencer himself weighed in. I became a bit nauseous.>

My first thought was that he needed a little mustache.

• Upvote 17
  • Love 1

Eh both brothers are the epitome of rich drat bro you root against in movies and in life, in my opinion. They also don't seem too bright, but then again not surprising considering.

• Upvote 8

I guess I'm just surprised that the entire family is just so dumb? Like I didn't know a family could be so dumb? Every time beetus and butthead utter a word I'm like what the actual fuck?

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fredo I (Donnie Jr) needs to be kicked off twitter and instagram too:  "Donald Trump Jr. one-ups his dad with new Instagram that shows the president shooting down 'CNN'"

Spoiler

Less than a week after President Donald Trump posted a video on Twitter edited to show the president body slamming the CNN logo, Donald Trump Jr. is continuing the anti-media meme war.

On Saturday, Donald Trump Jr. posted a video on Instagram that shows footage from "Top Gun" edited to appear as if Donald Trump is shooting a missile at a jet covered with the CNN logo. The CNN jet explodes after being hit by a missile from the Trump jet (the president's face is superimposed over that of Tom Cruise's "Maverick" character).

According to the Daily Caller, a far right news site, the video was originally posted on Twitter by the website's chief video editor, Richard McGinnis.

Trump Jr. reposted the video from Old Row Sports, a website owned by Barstool Sports.

President Trump has been extensively criticized for threatening the media by posting the video that appeared to portray him assaulting "CNN."

"It is a sad day when the President of the United States encourages violence against reporters," CNN said in a statement released Sunday after Trump's tweet went out.

However, supporters argued that Trump was merely attempting to communicate his views to the country, as he believes the media has treated him unfairly.

"There's a lot of cable news shows that reach directly into hundreds of thousands of viewers, and they're really not always very fair to the president," homeland security adviser, Thomas Bossert, told ABC's "This Week." "So I'm pretty proud of the president for developing a Twitter and a social-media platform where he can talk directly to the American people."

Trump's body slam video is still up on Twitter, despite arguments that it and other tweets from the president could violate the social network's abuse and harassment policy. Instagram, on the other hand, is known for more actively enforcing its anti-harassment policy, so Trump Jr.'s meme may not be up for long.

What a freaking tool.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

What a freaking tool.

Ooooh, look daddy, I'm just like you! 

Maybe the MSM will start talking about me now as much as they do about Ivanka, and you'll finally recognize me as your no1 heir instead of her. I am the oldest after all, and we share the same name, so it's about time, daddy. Daddy?

• Upvote 11

So I don't know if there are any RHONYC fans, but when LuAnn had that singing career and that song "money can't buy you class" it has been playing in my head everytime with these kids ( I refuse to call his children adults). No one is this family has any type of class or decorum.

• Upvote 11

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Fredo I (Donnie Jr) needs to be kicked off twitter and instagram too:  "Donald Trump Jr. one-ups his dad with new Instagram that shows the president shooting down 'CNN'"

Reveal hidden contents

Less than a week after President Donald Trump posted a video on Twitter edited to show the president body slamming the CNN logo, Donald Trump Jr. is continuing the anti-media meme war.

On Saturday, Donald Trump Jr. posted a video on Instagram that shows footage from "Top Gun" edited to appear as if Donald Trump is shooting a missile at a jet covered with the CNN logo. The CNN jet explodes after being hit by a missile from the Trump jet (the president's face is superimposed over that of Tom Cruise's "Maverick" character).

According to the Daily Caller, a far right news site, the video was originally posted on Twitter by the website's chief video editor, Richard McGinnis.

Trump Jr. reposted the video from Old Row Sports, a website owned by Barstool Sports.

President Trump has been extensively criticized for threatening the media by posting the video that appeared to portray him assaulting "CNN."

"It is a sad day when the President of the United States encourages violence against reporters," CNN said in a statement released Sunday after Trump's tweet went out.

However, supporters argued that Trump was merely attempting to communicate his views to the country, as he believes the media has treated him unfairly.

"There's a lot of cable news shows that reach directly into hundreds of thousands of viewers, and they're really not always very fair to the president," homeland security adviser, Thomas Bossert, told ABC's "This Week." "So I'm pretty proud of the president for developing a Twitter and a social-media platform where he can talk directly to the American people."

Trump's body slam video is still up on Twitter, despite arguments that it and other tweets from the president could violate the social network's abuse and harassment policy. Instagram, on the other hand, is known for more actively enforcing its anti-harassment policy, so Trump Jr.'s meme may not be up for long.

What a freaking tool.

Oh, wow. Just wow. He certainly lives in an echo chamber, doesn't he? I try to ignore this little piece of poo, but this indicates a love of violence that is frightening. I wonder if he has any real friends. I bet he's one of those that treat the people around him badly.

• Upvote 6

Gee, how much dirtier can this family get? "Trump Jr. says he, Kushner and Manafort met with lawyer tied to Kremlin"

Spoiler

The president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., acknowledged attending a June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer tied to the Kremlin, one of the first confirmed encounters between President Trump’s inner circle and a Russian national during the presidential campaign.

In a statement distributed Saturday evening, Trump Jr. confirmed he had participated in a “short introductory meeting,” which, per his request, was also attended by Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, and the chair of the Trump campaign, Paul Manafort.

“We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at that time and there was no follow-up,” Trump Jr. said in the statement. “I was asked to attend the meeting by an acquaintance, but was not told the name of the person I would be meeting with beforehand.”

The meeting was reported Saturday by the New York Times.

Kushner’s lawyer said in a statement that the president’s son-in-law had disclosed the session previously on his security clearance forms. But the new public report adds to the roster of curious private meetings between Trump allies and Russians during and after the campaign.

The meeting between the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, and the president’s inner circle became public the day after President Trump met in Germany with Russian President Vladimir Putin for the first time. Trump questioned Putin about Russian meddling during the 2016 election; the Russian leader denied any such interference.

Veselnitskaya is well known to advocates of sanctions against Russia, particularly the Magnitsky Act, which prohibits U.S. interaction with Russians alleged to have committed human rights violations. Congress’s passage of the law in 2012 angered Putin and led him to retaliate by halting American adoptions of Russian children.

The adoption issue is frequently used as a talking point by opponents of the Magnitsky Act, said William Browder, an American financier who worked in Russia and lobbied for the sanctions, which are named after an auditor Browder employed, Sergei L. Magnitsky. Magnitsky died in a Russian prison under mysterious circumstances in 2009 after exposing a corruption scandal.

The act lists the names of individuals in Russia, including judges and other public officials, effectively blacklisting them from doing business in the United States.

“I can’t imagine that she brought up anything during the Trump Tower meeting other than the Magnitsky Act,” said Browder, who recalled Veselnitskaya defending her Russian clients against money-laundering allegations made by the U.S. government connected to a tax fraud that Magnitsky uncovered. The case was settled in May.

Veselnitskaya also had a major role in a public-relations campaign to repeal the Magnitsky Act that included a documentary film shown in Washington last year, Browder said.

Veselnitskaya did not return requests for comment from The Washington Post on Saturday.

Veselnitskaya told the New York Times that the participants in the meeting discussed the Magnitsky Act and the adoption issue. “Nothing at all was discussed about the presidential campaign,” she said, according to the Times. “I have never acted on behalf of the Russian government and have never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”

Manafort’s lawyer declined to comment on the Times report.

An attorney for Kushner, Jamie Gorelick, issued a statement emphasizing that the meeting had been disclosed earlier by Kushner.

“As we have previously stated, Mr. Kushner’s SF-86 was prematurely submitted and, among other errors, did not list any contacts with foreign government officials. The next day, Mr. Kushner submitted supplemental information stating that he had had ‘numerous contacts with foreign officials’ about which he would be happy to provide additional information,” the statement said. “ … Mr. Kushner has submitted additional updates and included, out of an abundance of caution, this meeting with a Russian person, which he briefly attended at the request of his brother-in-law, Donald Trump Jr. As Mr. Kushner has consistently stated, he is eager to cooperate and share what he knows.”

Oh yeah, I'm sure Junior and Jared are "eager to cooperate". <end sarcasm>

• Upvote 5

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Gee, how much dirtier can this family get? "Trump Jr. says he, Kushner and Manafort met with lawyer tied to Kremlin"

Reveal hidden contents

The president’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., acknowledged attending a June 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer tied to the Kremlin, one of the first confirmed encounters between President Trump’s inner circle and a Russian national during the presidential campaign.

In a statement distributed Saturday evening, Trump Jr. confirmed he had participated in a “short introductory meeting,” which, per his request, was also attended by Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law, and the chair of the Trump campaign, Paul Manafort.

“We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at that time and there was no follow-up,” Trump Jr. said in the statement. “I was asked to attend the meeting by an acquaintance, but was not told the name of the person I would be meeting with beforehand.”

The meeting was reported Saturday by the New York Times.

Kushner’s lawyer said in a statement that the president’s son-in-law had disclosed the session previously on his security clearance forms. But the new public report adds to the roster of curious private meetings between Trump allies and Russians during and after the campaign.

The meeting between the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya, and the president’s inner circle became public the day after President Trump met in Germany with Russian President Vladimir Putin for the first time. Trump questioned Putin about Russian meddling during the 2016 election; the Russian leader denied any such interference.

Veselnitskaya is well known to advocates of sanctions against Russia, particularly the Magnitsky Act, which prohibits U.S. interaction with Russians alleged to have committed human rights violations. Congress’s passage of the law in 2012 angered Putin and led him to retaliate by halting American adoptions of Russian children.

The adoption issue is frequently used as a talking point by opponents of the Magnitsky Act, said William Browder, an American financier who worked in Russia and lobbied for the sanctions, which are named after an auditor Browder employed, Sergei L. Magnitsky. Magnitsky died in a Russian prison under mysterious circumstances in 2009 after exposing a corruption scandal.

The act lists the names of individuals in Russia, including judges and other public officials, effectively blacklisting them from doing business in the United States.

“I can’t imagine that she brought up anything during the Trump Tower meeting other than the Magnitsky Act,” said Browder, who recalled Veselnitskaya defending her Russian clients against money-laundering allegations made by the U.S. government connected to a tax fraud that Magnitsky uncovered. The case was settled in May.

Veselnitskaya also had a major role in a public-relations campaign to repeal the Magnitsky Act that included a documentary film shown in Washington last year, Browder said.

Veselnitskaya did not return requests for comment from The Washington Post on Saturday.

Veselnitskaya told the New York Times that the participants in the meeting discussed the Magnitsky Act and the adoption issue. “Nothing at all was discussed about the presidential campaign,” she said, according to the Times. “I have never acted on behalf of the Russian government and have never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”

Manafort’s lawyer declined to comment on the Times report.

An attorney for Kushner, Jamie Gorelick, issued a statement emphasizing that the meeting had been disclosed earlier by Kushner.

“As we have previously stated, Mr. Kushner’s SF-86 was prematurely submitted and, among other errors, did not list any contacts with foreign government officials. The next day, Mr. Kushner submitted supplemental information stating that he had had ‘numerous contacts with foreign officials’ about which he would be happy to provide additional information,” the statement said. “ … Mr. Kushner has submitted additional updates and included, out of an abundance of caution, this meeting with a Russian person, which he briefly attended at the request of his brother-in-law, Donald Trump Jr. As Mr. Kushner has consistently stated, he is eager to cooperate and share what he knows.”

Oh yeah, I'm sure Junior and Jared are "eager to cooperate". <end sarcasm>

This doesn't pass the smell test for me. You set up a meeting to discuss something that doesn't happen anymore? Because the three of you are VERY concerned about poor Russian children languishing in orphanages? And the generous American couples so anxious to adopt them? Not one of you ever does anything that isn't first and foremost about making money.

These people need lawyers at all times to explain to them how much of what they do is ACTUALLY ILLEGAL! Clueless about legal responsibility and liability. Because they've never had to worry about being held accountable before.

• Upvote 11

"Trump Jr. is now at the center of the Russia controversy — and always ready to fight"

Spoiler

Donald Trump Jr., the eldest of the president’s five children, played a familiar role on his father’s behalf last July, vociferously dismissing as “disgusting” and “phony” any suggestion that the Russians were attempting to aid his father’s campaign.

The month before that CNN interview, however, Trump Jr. himself had convened a meeting in Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer who promised to provide damaging information about Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Trump Jr.’s new acknowledgment that the meeting occurred — and his shifting explanations of what it entailed — have thrust the president’s 39-year-old son into the spotlight of the biggest controversy surrounding his father’s presidency: investigations of possible collusion during last year’s election between the Trump campaign and Russia.

The centrality of his role was underscored Monday afternoon with word that Trump Jr. had retained his own criminal defense lawyer, New York-based Alan S. Futerfas, whose past clients have included embattled politicians, computer hackers and alleged organized-crime associates.

Unlike his sister Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner — both of whom took top White House jobs — Trump Jr. chose to stay behind in Manhattan after the election, taking control with his brother, Eric Trump, of the president’s business interests. He has been a relatively infrequent visitor to Washington, appearing only at selected events, including the nomination of Judge Neil M. Gorsuch to the Supreme Court and the White House Easter Egg Roll.

But that has hardly diminished Trump Jr.’s fierce loyalty and outspoken advocacy for his father’s political interests. On talk radio and Twitter, he has become omnipresent — taking on Democrats, the media and anyone else perceived to be standing in his father’s way, often in terms at least as provocative as the president himself.

“He can say basically what everyone’s thinking but may feel constrained about saying because of their official positions,” said one adviser to president Trump who requested anonymity to speak more freely.

Over the weekend, as the president took flak for briefly turning over his chair at the Group of 20 summit in Hamburg to Ivanka Trump, Trump Jr. took aim at critics of his father and his sister.

“She is VERY smart & eloquent. You can belittle her all you want w your snark, but we all know 1 on 1 she way out of your league,” Trump Jr. said on Twitter in response to a Republican consultant Ana Navarro, who had mocked his sister’s time in the chair.

Trump Jr. took to Twitter several times again Monday in his own defense.

He started the day on a sarcastic note, responding to the news, first reported by the New York Times, that he had arranged a meeting with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin claiming to have dirt on Clinton.

“Obviously I’m the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent,” Trump Jr. wrote, adding, “Went nowhere but had to listen.”

Later, he sought to refute the notion that his explanation for the meeting had changed.

Trump Jr. initially claimed Saturday that the meeting was about an adoption program that had been cut off by the Kremlin in retaliation for a U.S. law that targeted Russian human rights abusers. But in a statement Sunday, Trump Jr. said an acquaintance asked him to meet with lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya because she claimed to have information about Clinton.

“No inconsistency in statements, meeting ended up being primarily about adoptions,” Trump Jr. said. “In response to further Q’s I simply provided more details.”

Still later Monday, he responded to a report that the Senate Intelligence Committee wants to interview him, tweeting, “Happy to work with the committee to pass on what I know.”

Trump Jr. grew up in Trump Tower and graduated from his father’s alma mater, the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, before rising through the ranks of the Trump Organization. He appeared as a boardroom adviser on “The Apprentice,” his father’s hit reality show on NBC.

Trump Jr. was introduced to his wife, Vanessa Haydon, by his father, and the couple were married at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla.

But he has also carved out an identity independent of his father. Growing up, he spent summers hunting with his grandmother in what was then Czechoslovakia. He remains an avid hunter, as comfortable in the halls of a National Rifle Association convention as with the Manhattanites with whom his father surrounded himself in business.

During the campaign, Trump Jr. was frequently dispatched to gun-loving and flag-waving areas in red states, while Ivanka was sent to woo suburbanites.

Barry Bennett, a Republican operative who advised Donald Trump during the general election, said his eldest son was particularly effective because “he wasn’t worried about what his father’s campaign would mean to him or his brand.”

Trump Jr.’s speech at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland provided a breakout moment of sorts as he praised his father’s “unrelenting determination” and prompted speculation of a career ahead for him in politics — a notion he played down.

Besides political commentary, Trump Jr.’s Twitter feed has also featured windows into other aspects of his life. In February, he relayed that his wife had “dragged” him to the movie “Fifty Shades Darker”and he noted that he was “the only guy in an otherwise packed theater.”

“It’s two hours of my life I’ll never get back,” Trump Jr. wrote.

His father’s campaign was Trump Jr.’s first real foray into politics, and an adviser to President Trump on Monday characterized the June 9, 2016, meeting with the Russian lawyer as a “rookie mistake.”

“It’s something that someone who’s never been around politics, particularly at the presidential level, might do but the rest of us would not,” said the adviser, who requested anonymity to more candidly discuss the episode.

The meeting was also attended by Kushner and the campaign’s chairman at the time, Paul Manafort. The adviser said it was particularly unwise to expose Manafort to a meeting with someone whom Trump Jr. claims not to have known.

Another Trump adviser described Trump Jr.’s actions as “well-meaning but naive.”

“You have to remember, the campaign was very unsophisticated at that point,” said the second adviser, who requested anonymity to speak more candidly. “It wasn’t that surprising that someone would be able to get a meeting. There wasn’t the kind of vetting going on that should have been.”

The meeting was the latest involving Russians that Trump associates initially failed to disclose. It also stood out because of the involvement of key players in the president’s inner circle.

As an executive in his father’s company, Trump Jr. was active in pursuing Trump Organization business prospects in Russia. He traveled to Moscow along with Ivanka Trump in 2006 and also helped pitch Trump-branded real estate to Russians.

“Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets,” Trump Jr. told a real estate conference in 2008, according to a trade publication. “We see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

In the speech, he said he had traveled to Russia a half-dozen times in the previous 18 months.

In October 2016, just weeks before his father’s election, Trump Jr. delivered a paid speech in Paris to a group whose leaders are close to Russia.

The speech was in front of the Center of Political and Foreign Affairs, an advocacy group founded by a French businessman and his partner who are known in France to work closely with Russian business interests.

The partner, Randa Kassis, told the Wall Street Journal in November that shortly after the election, she traveled to Moscow and held the dinner with Trump Jr. and an official in the Russian foreign ministry.

A spokeswoman for the president’s son has previously responded to questions about the event by noting that Trump Jr. has been giving paid speeches for over a decade, discussing a “range of topics.”

In an interview with the New York Times in March, Trump Jr. denied participating in any campaign-related meetings with Russian nationals.

“Did I meet with people that were Russian? I’m sure, I’m sure I did,” he said. “But none that were set up. None that I can think of at the moment. And certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.”

Trump Jr.’s responses to news reports of recent days about his meeting with Veselnitskaya were notable for his protection of those around him.

By Sunday, Trump Jr. was acknowledging the meeting with Veselnitskaya — but also said that his father knew nothing about it and that he had asked Kushner and Manafort to attend without telling them what it was about.

In a tweetstorm of his own on Monday morning, President Trump went on the attack against a range of targets — from Chelsea Clinton to former FBI director James B. Comey — but made no mention of his son’s plight.

On Saturday, as the story was still evolving, Trump Jr. showed some of the combativeness he has often exhibited on Twitter.

“I love being attacked by pundits who somehow make a living in politics but haven’t been right about anything in 2 years,” he wrote. “So out of touch!”

The picture in the article struck me -- he's looking more and more like Richard Spencer.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Personally, I think the grown male Trump spawn should be referred to as Uday and Qusay:

I'm up for that!

The NYT just popped up breaking news. It looks like there is written confirmation of some of allegations about the meeting between Uday, Kushner, Manafort, and the Russians.

Spoiler

WASHINGTON — Before arranging a meeting with a Kremlin-connected Russian lawyer he believed would offer him compromising information about Hillary Clinton, Donald J. Trump Jr. was informed in an email that the material was part of a Russian government effort to aid his father’s candidacy, according to three people with knowledge of the email.

The email to the younger Mr. Trump was sent by Rob Goldstone, a publicist and former British tabloid reporter who helped broker the June 2016 meeting. In a statement on Sunday, Mr. Trump acknowledged that he was interested in receiving damaging information about Mrs. Clinton, but gave no indication that he thought the lawyer might have been a Kremlin proxy.

Mr. Goldstone’s message, as described to The New York Times by the three people, indicates that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information. It does not elaborate on the wider effort by Moscow to help the Trump campaign. There is no evidence to suggest that the promised damaging information was related to Russian government computer hacking that led to the release of thousands of Democratic National Committee emails.

But the email is likely to be of keen interest to Justice Department and congressional investigators, who are examining whether any of President Trump’s associates colluded with the Russian government to disrupt last year’s election. American intelligence agencies have determined that the Russian government attempted to sway the election in favor of Mr. Trump.

Alan Futerfas, the lawyer for the younger Mr. Trump, said his client had done nothing wrong but pledged to work with investigators if contacted.

”In my view, this is much ado about nothing. During this busy period, Robert Goldstone contacted Don Jr. in an email and suggested that people had information concerning alleged wrongdoing by Democratic Party front-runner, Hillary Clinton, in her dealings with Russia,” he said to The Times in an email on Monday. “Don Jr.’s takeaway from this communication was that someone had information potentially helpful to the campaign and it was coming from someone he knew. Don Jr. had no knowledge as to what specific information, if any, would be discussed.”

It is unclear whether Mr. Goldstone had direct knowledge of the origin of the damaging material. One person who was briefed on the emails said it appeared that he was passing along information that had been given to him by others.

Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law, and Paul J. Manafort, the campaign chairman at the time, also attended the June 2016 meeting in New York. Representatives for Mr. Kushner referred requests for comments back to an earlier statement, which said he voluntarily disclosed the meeting to the federal government. He has deferred questions on the content of the meeting to Donald J. Trump Jr.

A spokesman for Mr. Manafort declined to comment.

But at the White House, deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was adamant from the briefing room lectern that “the president’s campaign did not collude in any way. Don Jr. did not collude with anybody to influence the election. No one within the Trump campaign colluded in order to influence the election.”

The president, a prolific Twitter user, did not address his son’s controversy on Monday, and instead sought to highlight other issues throughout the morning.

In a series of tweets, the president’s son insisted he did what anyone connected to a political campaign would have done — to hear out potentially damaging information about an opponent. He maintained that his various statements about the meeting weren’t in conflict.

“Obviously I’m the first person on a campaign to ever take a meeting to hear info about an opponent... went nowhere but had to listen,” he wrote in one tweet. In another, he added, “No inconsistency in statements, meeting ended up being primarily about adoptions. In response to further Q’s I simply provided more details.”

The younger Mr. Trump, who had a reputation during the campaign for having meetings with a wide range of people eager to speak to him, did not join his father’s administration. He runs the family business, the Trump Organization, with his brother Eric.

On Monday, after news reports that he had hired a lawyer, he indicated in a tweet that he would be open to speaking to the Senate Intelligence Committee, one of the congressional panels investigating Russian meddling in the election. “Happy to work with the committee to pass on what I know,” the younger Mr. Trump wrote.

Mr. Goldstone represents Russian pop star Emin Agalarov, whose father was President Trump’s business partner in bringing the Miss Universe pageant to Moscow in 2013. In an interview Monday, Mr. Goldstone said he was asked by Mr. Agalarov to set up the meeting with Donald Trump Jr. and the Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya.

“He said, ‘I’m told she has information about illegal campaign contributions to the D.N.C.,’” Goldstone recalled, referring to the Democratic National Committee. He said he then emailed Don Jr., outlining what the lawyer purported to have.

But Mr. Goldstone, who wrote the email over a year ago, denied any knowledge of involvement by the Russian government in the matter, saying that never dawned on him. “Never, never ever,” he said. Later, after the email was described to The Times, efforts to reach him for further comment were unsuccessful.

In the interview, he said that it was his understanding that Ms. Veselnitskaya was simply a “private citizen” for whom Mr. Agalarov wanted to do a favor. He also said he did not know whether Mr. Agalarov’s father, Aras Agalarov, a Moscow real estate tycoon known to be close to Russian President Vladimir V. Putin, was involved. The elder Mr. Agalarov and the younger Mr. Trump worked together to bring a Trump Tower to Moscow, but the project never got off the ground.

Mr. Goldstone also said his recollection of the meeting largely tracked with the account given by the president’s son, as outlined in the Sunday statement Mr. Trump released in response to a Times story on the June 2016 meeting. Mr. Goldstone said that the last time he had communicated with the younger Mr. Trump was to send him a congratulatory text after the November election, but added that he did speak to the Trump Organization over the past weekend, before giving his account to the media.

Donald Trump Jr., who initially told The Times that Ms. Veselnitskaya wanted to talk about the resumption of adoption of Russian children by American families, acknowledged in the Sunday statement that one subject of the meeting was possibly compromising information about Mrs. Clinton.

But he said that the Russian lawyer produced nothing of consequence, and that the meeting ended after she began talking about the Magnitsky Act—an American law that blacklists suspected Russian human rights abusers. The 2012 law so enraged Mr. Putin that he halted American adoptions of Russian children.

Mr. Goldstone said Ms. Veselnitskaya only offered “just a vague, generic statement about the campaign’s funding and how people, including Russian people, living all over the world donate when they shouldn’t donate” before turning to her anti-Magnitsky Act arguments.

“It was the most inane nonsense I’ve ever heard,” he said. “And I was actually feeling agitated by it. Had I, you know, actually taken up what is a huge amount of their busy time with this nonsense?”

Ms. Veselnitskaya, for her part, denied that the campaign or compromising material about Mrs. Clinton ever came up at all. She said she never acted on behalf of the Russian government. A spokesperson for Mr. Putin said on Monday that the Russian president did not know Ms. Veselnitskaya, and had no knowledge of the June 2016 meeting.

Ms. Sanders said at a press briefing that the American president had learned of the meeting recently but declined to discuss details.

The White House press office, however, accused Mrs. Clinton’s team of hypocrisy. The office circulated a January 2017 story published in Politico, detailing how officials from the Ukranian government tried to help the Democratic candidate conduct opposition research on Mr. Trump and some of his aides.

News of the meeting involving the younger Mr. Trump, Mr. Kushner and Mr. Manafort blunted whatever good feeling the president’s team had after his trip to Europe for the Group of 20 economic summit meeting.

The president learned from his aides about the existence of the 2016 meeting at the tail end of the trip, according to one White House official. But some people in the White House had known for several days that it had occurred, because Mr. Kushner had revised his foreign contact disclosure document to include it.

The president was aggravated by the news of the meeting, according to one person close to him — less over the fact that it had happened, and more because it was yet another story about Russia that had swamped the media cycle.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I was trying to remember where I heard Uday and Qusay and then I found this wonderful twitter account

https://twitter.com/uday_qusaytrump?lang=en

What a pity the account isn't up to date. It's hilarious! Maybe they'll start up soon again with all the news coming out now. Fingers crossed.

I too found something intruiging on twitter. It isn't funny though. It's a Seth Abramson mega-thread with all the information that is known right now about that June 9 2016 meeting. 

It's interesting to see it all in chronological order and tied together neatly. What the thread doesn't mention, but what someone in the comments pointed out, is that the FBI investigation into possible collusion with the Russians started in June last year. Coincidence much? That Russian lawyer was probably known to the FBI and possibly under surveillance. So it just might be that this very meeting is what lead to the investigation.

• Upvote 7

Here's another thread by Seth Abramson with a list of charges Junior COULD face arising from The Meeting.

• Upvote 3

Ok, fess up! Which one of you is Bramhall '17? Because I know for a certainty you custom-made this for this thread! :pb_lol:

5964c872b94ef_codenamefredo.thumb.jpg.ed2f7500d807a50c28abfc39d353e131.jpg

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

A good opinion piece: "Donald Jr.’s meeting is a legal game-changer"

Spoiler

From now on, ignore the conventional wisdom about how the Russia scandal is not “resonating” with President Trump’s still-loyal base. The question at this point is what strikes a chord with special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — and what kind of legal jeopardy Trump’s closest associates, including his eldest son and son-in-law, might eventually face.

Trump spent Monday morning live-tweeting fawning segments from his favorite cable news show, “Fox & Friends.” Within the cozy confines of that alternate universe, the story “everyone is still talking about” was said to be video of the president, before boarding his helicopter at Andrews Air Force Base, retrieving a Marine’s wind-blown hat.

In Mueller’s office suite, though, I’m confident there was much more talk about Donald Trump Jr.’s stunning admission over the weekend: In June of last year, he summoned Trump’s then-campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, to a meeting at Trump Tower with a Russian lawyer — described as having close connections with the Kremlin — in hopes of receiving derogatory information about Hillary Clinton.

The meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya was first reported Saturday by the New York Times. Initially, Trump Jr. told the newspaper that the “short” meeting was to discuss “a program about the adoption of Russian children.” On Sunday, however, he acknowledged that he had agreed to the meeting because he had been told that Veselnitskaya “might have information helpful to the campaign.” The lawyer’s dirt about Clinton was “vague, ambiguous and made no sense,” however, and Trump Jr. ended the meeting after “20 to 30 minutes.”

The meeting came amid what U.S. officials describe as a Russian campaign of hacks, leaks and disinformation designed to help Trump win the election. After months of categorical denials, we now have an admission of attempted collusion, at least, involving three top-ranking figures in the Trump campaign.

Despite what Trump apologists may say, it is not normal practice for a campaign to welcome information undermining an opponent, regardless of the source. In 2000, the Al Gore campaign was anonymously sent briefing books and a video that George W. Bush had used to prepare for an upcoming debate. Gore campaign officials immediately turned the material over to the FBI — which opened a criminal investigation.

Veselnitskaya is best known as a tireless crusader for repeal of the Magnitsky Act, a 2012 law blacklisting Russian officials believed responsible for the death of a well-known human rights activist. When President Barack Obama signed the law, Russian President Vladimir Putin was so vexed that he halted U.S. adoptions of Russian children in retaliation. It is safe to assume that if Veselnitskaya raised the subject of adoptions, as Trump Jr. says, it was part of an argument against the Magnitsky law.

Is this all too complicated for voters to follow? Would Americans beyond the Beltway rather hear about jobs or health care? Perhaps so. But the questions that should be concentrating the minds of the president’s inner circle are legal, not political — and Mueller’s high-powered team of lawyers is experienced at connecting dots.

The Veselnitskaya meeting is just one of several encounters with Russians that apparently slipped Kushner’s mind when he filled out disclosure forms required for his White House post. It came to light only after he amended those forms — and someone familiar with their contents dropped a dime to the Times. Trump Jr. said in March that he had had no meetings with Russians “that were set up . . . and certainly none that I was representing the campaign in any way, shape or form.” Do you find it remotely believable that he somehow forgot a meeting that he set up, between a party-line Russian lawyer and the campaign? Neither do I.

Trump Jr. said in a statement Sunday that he had been asked by an acquaintance to arrange the meeting; he claimed not even to have known Veselnitskaya’s name beforehand, let alone anything about her. He said that he did not tell Manafort or Kushner of the meeting’s purpose in advance, and that his father had no idea the meeting was taking place.

At the time, Manafort was running a presidential campaign — roughly like being at the vortex of a tornado — and Kushner was one of the campaign’s chief advisers. The idea that they could spare even five minutes to meet an unknown person about an unknown subject is absurd. But that’s Trump Jr.’s story, and he’s sticking to it.

Manafort and Kushner had already retained high-powered lawyers. It’s no surprise that on Monday, Trump Jr. did the same.

I, for one, will cheer when (not IF) Uday/Fredo is perp-walked in an orange jumpsuit.

• Upvote 6

The latest Palmer report goes into possible consequences of Junior's email-tweet.

New evidence says the Republican Party was officially in on the Russian plot to rig the election for Donald Trump

The idiocy of Donald Trump Jr. may end up doing more than merely taking down his father. It may end up taking down an entire political party. Junior’s meeting with a Kremlin representative has been identified as the epicenter of the Trump-Russia plot to rig the election for Donald Trump. And now it very much appears that the head of the Republican Party at the time was also in attendance at the meeting between Junior and the Kremlin.

It turns out Reince Priebus was also at Trump Tower in New York on the day Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort met with the Russian government representative. ProPublica dug up old documentation confirming that Priebus arrived at the building just before the meeting (link). At the time, Priebus was the head of the Republican Party in his role as RNC Chair.

If Priebus was indeed in on the meeting, and wasn’t merely at Trump Tower to buy a hot dog, it means that the Republican Party – or at least its leader – was officially in on the plot with Russia and the Trump campaign to rig the election. This was all the way back on June 9th of 2016, when Donald Trump was first settling into having won the nomination. And the RNC Chair appears to have been in on it.

This leads to the question of who else among the Republican Party leadership was aware at the time that the Donald Trump campaign and Russia were plotting to rig the general election from almost the moment Trump had seized the Republican nomination. Are we to believe that RNC Chair Reince Priebus was in on the plot, but that Republican House leader Paul Ryan and Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell weren’t? Priebus was an errand boy for Ryan and McConnell at the time. When this is all said and done, the entirely GOP leadership might well go down for treason as well.

Please Rufus, let this be true! :pray:

• Upvote 11

Apparently, Trump Aides are Freaking Out Over Don Jr.'s Russia Email: The 'Sum Of All Fears'

This Daily Beast article just happens to give an answer to the question posed by @GreyhoundFan in the title of this thread:

The series of revelations surrounding Trump Jr.’s communications with Russian officials have damaged his standing within the president’s political inner circle. As The Daily Beast reported on Sunday, opinion of Trump’s eldest son among some of Trump’s senior aides, both past and present, is vanishingly low. Since the campaign, a popular, behind-his-back nickname for Trump Jr. within among these advisers has been “Fredo,” referring to Fredo Corleone, the insecure and weak failure of a son in The Godfatherseries who ends up causing major damage to the family.

It's pretty damning when your daddy's WH officials and campaign aides lable you as an 'idiot'.

Over the past week, one senior White House official and a former top Trump campaign aide both independently and bluntly described the president’s son as an “idiot” — one who played a role in the campaign and Trump’s political rise simply because he “shares the same DNA,” the official noted.

Poor Fredo, nobody's rushing to defend him, not even daddy.

White House and former campaign officials who were reached by The Daily Beast spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not cleared to vent about President Trump’s first-born son. Trump, Jr. did not respond to multiple requests for comment on this story and the White House communications office and the president’s outside legal team did not respond either. Manafort’s spokesman Jason Maloni would only tell The Daily Beast that the former campaign chairman had “nothing to add” as of Tuesday noontime.

Another senior official who appears to have nothing to add for the moment is the president himself who has, in the past, repeatedly stressed that allegations of his collusion with Russian actors were “fabricated by Dems as an excuse for losing the election.”

On Monday morning, after much of this news had already broken, @realDonaldTrump made sure to tweet about his daughter Ivanka, Clinton’s daughter Chelsea, James Comey, and even some Fox & Friends clips. As of noon on Tuesday, he had yet to tweet out a single defense of his eldest son.

The president’s legal team hasn’t been keen to defend the first son either. After initial reports on the meeting with Veselnitskaya, Mark Corallo, a spokesman for Trump’s outside counsel, replied: "The President was not aware of and did not attend the meeting."

After it was revealed that Trump Jr. was soliciting Clinton oppo from a Kremlin-tied lawyer, Corallo simply copy-and-pasted and blasted out the exact same statement.

With him now providing the emails, they all just might be regretting their decision not to defend him...

The revelation of these emails immediately sent shockwaves through the White House.

“This is sum of all fears stuff. It’s what we’ve all been dreading,” said one White House official who is now exploring the possibility of retaining an attorney, a step described as purely precautionary.

• Upvote 7

"Republicans have no idea what to say about Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer"

Spoiler

It's a stunning admission by the president's eldest son: He met with a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary Clinton after learning there was a concerted Russian effort to help his father win the election.

What Donald Trump Jr. admitted by publishing an email thread on Tuesday (right as the New York Times reported it) could carry some serious legal implications for him and the presidential campaign. But it also has political ones. Mainly, Republicans in Congress are struggling to come to the president's defense. Some tried and fell short. Others just didn't try at all.

Immediately after the news broke, their best defense was silence. 

Washington Post reporters tracking down lawmakers on Capitol Hill said Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee that is leading Congress's Russia investigation, walked straight through a wall of reporters, stone-faced, and refused to answer questions.

In fact, even before Trump Jr. released the emails himself, Republican senators were practicing avoidance. Here's MSNBC reporter Kasie Hunt trying to track down Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.):

Why this defense isn't a defense: It's the most visual example that Republicans can't defend what could be legally indefensible. If there was a clear explanation for Trump Jr. meeting with a Russian to get dirt on Clinton, they'd be giving it to reporters, not ducking them while the cameras and microphones are rolling.

Another attempt: Pivot to the media or the Obama administration. 

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) did stop to talk to reporters, but as detailed here by Talking Points Memo, he refused to directly address the Trump Jr. news and the implications that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

“You’re being very persistent, and I suppose that’s your job,” Cruz told CNN's Manu Raju. “But let me point out the American people want the president to succeed.”

After being pressed by multiple reporters, Cruz finally said that the “irony” is that the Obama administration policies toward Russia “were constant weakness and appeasement.”

Why this defense isn't a defense: Trump uses this line all the time, especially since The Washington Post reported on President Obama's struggles about how and when to respond to Russian meddling in the 2016 election. “I feel like we sort of choked,” said one Obama administration official.

But Trump and Cruz are conflating two very different things. Obama was deciding how much to punish Russia for meddling; Trump Jr. appears to have admitted being open to working with the Russians to meddle.

And yet another attempt: To try to distinguish Trump Jr. from his father.

“Donald Jr. is very dedicated to his father, but you know he's not part of the administration,” Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, told reporters.

Why this defense isn't a defense: It's true that Trump Jr. doesn't work for the administration. But he was a top adviser to the campaign, and as such, it's an open question of who knew what when, including the president. Trump's son didn't take the meeting alone. He invited Trump's then-campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, both of whom attended.

We'll keep this post updated as more Republican attempts (or lack of attempts) to defend the president come in.

Spineless SOBs.

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Republicans have no idea what to say about Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer"

Hide contents

It's a stunning admission by the president's eldest son: He met with a Russian lawyer promising dirt on Hillary Clinton after learning there was a concerted Russian effort to help his father win the election.

What Donald Trump Jr. admitted by publishing an email thread on Tuesday (right as the New York Times reported it) could carry some serious legal implications for him and the presidential campaign. But it also has political ones. Mainly, Republicans in Congress are struggling to come to the president's defense. Some tried and fell short. Others just didn't try at all.

Immediately after the news broke, their best defense was silence. 

Washington Post reporters tracking down lawmakers on Capitol Hill said Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee that is leading Congress's Russia investigation, walked straight through a wall of reporters, stone-faced, and refused to answer questions.

In fact, even before Trump Jr. released the emails himself, Republican senators were practicing avoidance. Here's MSNBC reporter Kasie Hunt trying to track down Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.):

Why this defense isn't a defense: It's the most visual example that Republicans can't defend what could be legally indefensible. If there was a clear explanation for Trump Jr. meeting with a Russian to get dirt on Clinton, they'd be giving it to reporters, not ducking them while the cameras and microphones are rolling.

Another attempt: Pivot to the media or the Obama administration. 

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) did stop to talk to reporters, but as detailed here by Talking Points Memo, he refused to directly address the Trump Jr. news and the implications that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia.

“You’re being very persistent, and I suppose that’s your job,” Cruz told CNN's Manu Raju. “But let me point out the American people want the president to succeed.”

After being pressed by multiple reporters, Cruz finally said that the “irony” is that the Obama administration policies toward Russia “were constant weakness and appeasement.”

Why this defense isn't a defense: Trump uses this line all the time, especially since The Washington Post reported on President Obama's struggles about how and when to respond to Russian meddling in the 2016 election. “I feel like we sort of choked,” said one Obama administration official.

But Trump and Cruz are conflating two very different things. Obama was deciding how much to punish Russia for meddling; Trump Jr. appears to have admitted being open to working with the Russians to meddle.

And yet another attempt: To try to distinguish Trump Jr. from his father.

“Donald Jr. is very dedicated to his father, but you know he's not part of the administration,” Sen. Orrin G. Hatch (R-Utah), chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, told reporters.

Why this defense isn't a defense: It's true that Trump Jr. doesn't work for the administration. But he was a top adviser to the campaign, and as such, it's an open question of who knew what when, including the president. Trump's son didn't take the meeting alone. He invited Trump's then-campaign manager, Paul Manafort, and Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, both of whom attended.

We'll keep this post updated as more Republican attempts (or lack of attempts) to defend the president come in.

Spineless SOBs.

I think they're collective minds are all going: "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck... what now, what do we do, what can we do, how do we get rid of this, what will they find out next.... FUCK!" on a continuous loop.

They're all scared shitless. 

• Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I think they're collective minds are all going: "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck... what now, what do we do, what can we do, how do we get rid of this, what will they find out next.... FUCK!" on a continuous loop.

They're all scared shitless. 

Also, "Quick. How can we blame this on Obama or Hillary?"

"But Obama was born in Kenya. (The Democrats used a time machine to go back and add his birth announcement to the newspaper in Hawaii.)

"But Crooked Hillary..."

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic