IGNORED

Maxwell 10: Following the 15 minute schedule and the monthly menu

Coconut Flan

I just noticed that Lydia has that cute scrunched up nose smile that Nathan's kids used to have. I hope she gets to keep it. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the commenter who sings hymns or recites scripture around people - years ago I worked in a downtown area that had a high crime rate of muggings and purse snatchings in the various parking garages (my company did not have a dedicated garage).  The company hired a safety consultant to hold presentations to the employees regarding personal safety techniques.  One thing (out of many) that he mentioned was that these types of crimes frequently happen to people whom the criminals consider to be low risk, especially people who are distracted.  The perps want to be in and out of there quickly with their loot.  He said that sometimes, just acting crazy and aware of the surroundings will keep them away, because you become a higher risk to them and may take up too much of their time, so they will just pass on you, and wait for the next victim.  As a result, when I had to go into a parking garage, I started holding my pepper spray at chest level and constantly looked around.  I probably looked a little crazy, and was never bothered.  So, assuming that commenter is a real person, most people (criminals and not) would want to stay away from the crazy lady - what a horrible way to live.  But she would reach her goal of keeping men away.

I have been thinking that Abby looks a little unusual.  It may just be me, but I've decided it is due to the fact that she is turning into a young lady, but that her family is trying to keep her young and preventing her from dressing her age.    

6 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I'm sorry your family life was so difficult and unhappy.  While the Maxwells like to believe they are so happy (and that everyone else is unhappy) I'm glad you see that the children are oppressed and repressed.

I don't think the Maxwells are necessarily happy.  (snip)

When they were younger normal sibling squabbles came with unpleasant consequences, and not always fair ones.  (snip)

Bread and water for the boys.  Because they argued with their sister.FJers spot it.

There's nothing funny about that story to laugh at years later. You should NEVER make kids sit in a car and eat wheat thins while you take the others in for a meal no matter what they did. The whole arguing with siblings is totally normal. I'm the only girl and the guys would band together whether they all believed it or not to argue with me growing up and if we did it in public, it was a "we are eating at home now, that's your punishment"

I think NR Anna does a nice job with her girls' jumpers. They tend to be a bit long, especially for early walkers or crawlers, but that won't change. Not a fan of having the boys wear long really heavy jeans or denim overalls in the heat. You can get seersucker overalls, or long shorts for the boys. There are lots of preppie long shorts on the sales racks. It looks like NR Anna really knows how to use an iron so the seams would be perfect. I hope her next several babies are mostly boys. 

34 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

There's nothing funny about that story to laugh at years later. You should NEVER make kids sit in a car and eat wheat thins while you take the others in for a meal no matter what they did.

Quite.  What was Stevo thinking!

And a very telling thing - this is described as a mere  "consequence."

Maxwell-speak.  It sounds like a punishment to me.

4 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Well, I guess the Anna pregnancy announcement isn't surprising. She's definitely due. It's interesting that this will be her longest time getting pregnant since Ruthanne. She's certainly fertile, but not in a regular sort of way. 

I've noticed a kind of interesting (to me at least) pattern with NR Anna's pregnancies. After Joshua, it took about a year to get pregnant with Ruthie. Then she got pregnant with Lydia when Ruthie was just a few months old. Daniel's pregnancy was announced less than a year after Lydia was born, but this pregnancy wasn't announced until after Daniel's first birthday. Is she somehow more fertile after having a baby girl? I know this is most likely pure coincidence, but it seems to go against their standard of abstaining 40 days after a boy is born and 80 days after a girl. Or do the Maxwells not follow this?

13 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

I've noticed a kind of interesting (to me at least) pattern with NR Anna's pregnancies. After Joshua, it took about a year to get pregnant with Ruthie. Then she got pregnant with Lydia when Ruthie was just a few months old. Daniel's pregnancy was announced less than a year after Lydia was born, but this pregnancy wasn't announced until after Daniel's first birthday. Is she somehow more fertile after having a baby girl? I know this is most likely pure coincidence, but it seems to go against their standard of abstaining 40 days after a boy is born and 80 days after a girl. Or do the Maxwells not follow this?

Hmm, that is interesting to note. I'm not sure if the Maxwells follow the 40/80 rule, but I suppose it could affect things for her like that. It'll be interesting to see what happens after this pregnancy. 

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I wonder what kind of lil songs about Jesus are best for repelling perverts?

Jesus Loves Me? Something from Godspell? Solos from Handel's Messiah?

When it doubt, act like the mother in "Carrie."

34 minutes ago, Jatalie1996 said:

but it seems to go against their standard of abstaining 40 days after a boy is born and 80 days after a girl.

Whose standard?  The 40 - 80 abstinence thing is from Leviticus 12.  Some Messianic Jews and some Gothardites (like the Duggars) seem to follow it.  The Duggars also claim not to eat pork.  I expect they don't eat shellfish either.  Unless it is in a can.

And this is the Church of Steve.  The Maxwells have chowed down both lobster and ham.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking all Fundies are alike.  Their bloodthirsty battles over minor points of doctrine distract them from achieving World Dominion.  I rejoice in their differences!

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Quite.  What was Stevo thinking!

And a very telling thing - this is described as a mere  "consequence."

Maxwell-speak.  It sounds like a punishment to me.

Making a kid eat wheat thins while everyone else dines is typical Maxwell child training. I was reading an older corner where Teri talked about making a child eat dry crusts as a punishment, er...consequence for "fussing."  

http://articles.titus2.com/what-is-a-mother-to-do/

We have also “backwards” applied Proverbs 17:1, “Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than a house full of sacrifices with strife.” When our children are fussing with each other, the consequence is to eat a dry crust, and we quote this particular verse with them.

So NR Anna is indeed pregnant. Big surprise. Has anyone ever seen a photo where Ruthie has a big-ass grin on her face? She always has this Mona Lisa smile that makes me think she already knows what's in store for her.

8 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I dunno....she has a pretty flat stomach in all of their recent pics. I'm kind of surprised with the spacing. If it is intentional, it feels so rebellious against Papa Maxwell's wishes. I can only hope.

If Elissa is not pregnant again by Calia's 3rd birthday, then I'd wonder if it's intentional(I can't imagine, but we've been surprised before) or if they're going through secondary infertility. It's not like they don't have a lot of more-than-willing aunts to take Calia for a night so they can be alone.

That Titus 2 article about discipline and consequences??  I can't imagine a mother having to write an if/then chart unless they are punishing for EVERY LITTLE THING. Geesh! How exhausting. 

As far as the "backwards" applied verse in Proverbs; my kids would fuss all the time for that consequence. I mean if squabbling gets you a crouton or a baguette, why not fight all day?!?  Heh. 

So I was just doing a google search for a Ryan Gosling "hey girl" meme (as everyone should do on occasion) and I came across this one. If this wasn't created by an FJer, it is at least appropriate to share with y'all 

IMG_0668.JPG

2 hours ago, sparkles said:

Making a kid eat wheat thins while everyone else dines is typical Maxwell child training. I was reading an older corner where Teri talked about making a child eat dry crusts as a punishment, er...consequence for "fussing."  

So NR Anna is indeed pregnant. Big surprise. Has anyone ever seen a photo where Ruthie has a big-ass grin on her face? She always has this Mona Lisa smile that makes me think she already knows what's in store for her.

This is horrible. Crust for wearing a brothers hat? That's normal behavior for an 8 and 4 year old to act especially when you restrict any activities, most 8 year olds are playing with friends and involved in sports and taking things from each other is normal behavior to annoy them as is whining about it, but the "consequence" is extreme. Unless it got to a point where none of us would leave our parents alone they ignored it and then the response was "you're older and know better, give it back I don't want to listen to this anymore" it teaches kids how to deal with unfairness and how to deal with difficult situations in life. It's small, but if you let them work it out over time they learn. LEARNING is what kids need to do not be trained. 

I was looking around old Maxwell blog posts on a Friday night because I must be a glutton for punishment. Anyway I saw a picture from 2013 from a conference in AZ and I saw this picture. Doesn't this look like Miriam Anderson? Would the andersons actually associate with them? Idk it just seems like an odd fundie pairing.

IMG_3578.PNG

It is Miriam. I think Zsu had similar pictures on her blog or mentioned they'd been at a conference. 

ETA: Yup, Zsu's response to a comment on her blog.

ZsuzsannaMarch 12, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I hadn't seen the blog post before your comment. Even without looking at it, I knew it must have been Miriam - she just LOVED hanging around Sarah and Mary. We are thankful for godly young ladies being such great examples to her. Miriam attended one of the sessions for young people (flanked right and left by her zealously protective older brothers Solomon and Isaac). All three enjoyed the lesson. The boys went to a couple of other sessions without Miriam, too, which they say they really liked. 

All in all, I would say we were all very glad we went.

Of course Zoo probably approves of the Maxwell girls but the personalities of the  patriarchs of each family just don't seem like they would mesh. I guess I always think of the Andersons as the "lone wolf" fundie family. While the maxwells seem to know a lot of fundie families.

PP and Stevehovah in the same room?

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

I'm torn between self-righteous pride in accurately determining that she was pregnant in the 4th of July picture post, and utter disgust that I've gotten so invested in these damned people that I have developed some sort of inner radar that is calibrated to detect NRAnna's preggo glow.

Add me to the list of people that are surprised that Calia remains an only child. Martha (Morton) Alexander is the only fundy that has shocked me more than Elissa Maxwell in terms of having a singleton for so long. Zandry (ugh) and Calia were born within a couple of weeks of each other in 2015. September 24th for Z, and October 4th for Calia. Unless Elissa and  Martha announce before the end of the year, there will be a minimum 3-year gap between kids for them. 

About that photo of poor Miriam and Mary... back then, I think some FJer wrote to Stevus and asked him if he knew PP and the Andersons, his status at the SPLC, and the kind of hate he spread about the lawfully elected President of the US. After all, the Maxwells seem to be very law complying citizens and I cannot imagine them getting into fights with border guards. I have no idea if Stevus ever answered, but it's hard to imagine them hanging out with PP's crowd.

Poor NR Anna. I'm sure she's genuinely delighted and a rare example of a person who truly flourishes in this lifestyle. But it still can't be easy to have 5 kids under 6, and the most stick-in-the-ass husband of all the Maxwell offspring.

I dreamt I had a sleepover at the Maxwell house. One of the older Maxwell brothers was there, Christopher maybe and he was preaching at us. I started laughing about how self-righteous he was and I couldn't stop. The Maxwell ladies were horrified and asking if I was okay. I woke up laughing out loud which was more like gasping for air in real life. I've never experienced that before. Wild. 

On 21/07/2017 at 7:00 AM, FloraDoraDolly said:

Is Rose M a friend of John Hugh?

Sadly not but of course it must be one of us.  Stevie has got too clever, but this new look blog with Sarah or Teri replying is bull. He either pretends it's them or they are told how to reply. 

I do miss the days of <<<><<<<<<<<

On 7/21/2017 at 5:13 AM, courtlylove said:

Well, well, courtesy of a 'guest post' - after all, she's not REAL family - Anna Marie has confirmed what some of you already identified. She's expecting baby number five in February 2018.

I knew it from the 4th of July picture.  She had the glow and a bit of extra tummy.  

19 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Teri talked about making a child eat dry crusts as a punishment, er...consequence for "fussing."  

Gawd.  That link took me back to Teri's "Difficult Child" posts.  The ones where she gassed up Uriah and ran that bus back and forth over poor John.

http://articles.titus2.com/difficult-child-part-1/

She supposedly asked John's permission before she posted this crap.

When this child introduces himself at our music session, he says, “Hello, my name is John. I am nineteen, and I play the banjo. I wasn’t what you would call a model child growing up. As a matter of fact, because of how difficult I was, I think my mom was able to write that book, Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit. I expect if I had been put into a public school, they would have labeled me with a learning disability.

John, sweetie, you have no idea how a public school would have treated your lack of military style subjugation to learning from a mother who just planted you in front of a Maths book and expected you to perform like a clockwork toy.  

You were a very active kid who did not respond well to being sat in front of a freaking work book page of math.  You found it boring.  That is not a flaw in your character.

However, the reality was that I was simply lazy.”

Nope.  You responded far better to positive reinforcement than you did to punishment.  Like most living and breathing beings. It took Teri far too much time to understand that.

This is all in Teri's 2 posts on her supposedly "difficult child."  Poor John.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived