The pizza cutter must be broken. 

Pizza cutter, must be broken

By and by, by and by.

Better lettuce, is awaiting

In the sky, in the sky.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know why but every so often I'll take a stroll down 'memory lane' to see what the Maxwell's were doing 5 or 10 years ago on this date. June 28, 2007 , the 4 of them cleaned the fridge; took them 45 minutes. 

Just had to pass this news on , folks.

On 6/22/2017 at 7:34 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

"The adults are content to discover the dinner meal when they sit down to eat." As if they really have a choice Teri.  :pb_rollseyes:  

That's not very adult like in my opinion.

Actual adults provide & prepare the meals they are going to eat. If you go sit at mommy's table and eat whatever she chose to make, you're not adulting very well.

Those offspring are not adults. They are physiologically aged children. 

Stevie.... tut tut  and Hi Stevie!!1!

Teri seems to be doing quite a lot of posts is poor Sarah in the prayer clossit?

You like burritos, come on that meal schedule is  bull shit as burritos are every Sunday, maybe after the elderly service at the elderly  church for the elderly?

you have been eating the bite sized, half sized, quarters brownie cookies ??? You have a tummy, something to think about?

soup as a main meal when Stud John and Jess are doing weight training?

when is the 'what some would call a vacation' happening?

john xxx

Helped clean grandparents' house today.  Dad told us to 'have fun' while we worked, which made me think of the Maxwells :P

My mother remembered to specifically give me a smaller portion of fish, so that's a happy ending to that story.

8 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Pizza cutter, must be broken

By and by, by and by.

Better lettuce, is awaiting

In the sky, in the sky.

I was looking out my window

On a warm and sunny day

When I saw some Maxwells working

For they never had learned how to play.

Ugh

ugh

ugh

I've had a week of bewildering dreams that left me unrested when I woke, but this last night's takes the giddy biscuit:

Two male friends & I breached the Maxwell Mothership ... and I wound up mopping the !&#¥ kitchen floor!

And let me tell you, IT NEEDED MOPPING!

It needed a scraper!

Best of all: dream-Teri kept placing traps -- things to reveal me as not a truly stevovah-ly good keeper at home!

My co-conspirators and I got away and headed to a steakhouse to shake off the cooties. I'd ordered an 8-ouncer and was contemplating the choice of beer when I awoke.

Years ago, Big Daddy JB taught me not to eat rich foods at night, lest they give bad dreams. Times change: I'm going to have pizza this evening! I need a good night's rest!

Soups can be very filling.  My husband loves the corn and potato chowder that I make in the crockpot - add some cornbread or other bread to it, and it's a full meal.  I also make a shrimp and black bean soup that is an entire meal.  I also have some chili and stew recipes, but tend to make them more often in the colder months.

I plan out all of our dinners for two young teenagers and two adults, mainly to ensure that I have all ingredients on hand when I need them.  I am one of those people who goes grocery shopping with a list, and I'm sure that I would miss something if I didn't have it.  The list can get long since it includes everyone's drinks, snacks, breakfast items, etc. - I always have a full cart at checkout.  I only plan out a few days in advance and ask the family if they have any requests, have a number of recipes that I rotate, and I enjoy finding new ones online, such as on pinterest or the food network.  It only takes me a few minutes to decide on a meal and put the ingredients on my list.  But unlike the Maxwells, I am flexible if plans need to change, and don't keep a spreadsheet of monthly meals.  

I do a rough meal plan for dinners and lunch my my husband and I are left overs. I don't plan Monday: Tomato Soup, Tuesday Meatballs and potatoes but more "Tomato-based dish" "Minced meat based dish" etc and not which day we will eat it. I do plan to improve on this a little more when I go back to work this autumn though.

And UGH!

Fell back asleep and dreamed 2 gals and I were there - Teri had a Mamasita-style maid who mocked us; Steve got flirty but as we took our leave, we were persuading him to just "do the hippie blogger thing" and leave religion out of it.

None of us thought to ask him to let Sarah live her life til we had gotten clear of him.

And they lived in a place much more beautiful than Kansas.

I don't know. This is too much!

Oh God. I feel sorry for those poor people who are going to be on the receiving end of the Maxwell brand of proselytising. 

So they're not saying where or with what organization for said organization's privacy?

Bullshit.

It's for Maxwell drama/privacy. 

I am not a knowledgeable person when it comes to missions because I absolutely abhore them, especially the short term vacations they call missions. But, don't most missions want attention? Don't they survive on donations? Don't they want people to share who they are working with to broaden their financial possibilities? What kind of mission wants its privacy? 

They share the most boring and mundane shit in their lives in extreme detail, but whenever something mildly interesting happens it's all secretive.

10 minutes ago, freejugar said:

They share the most boring and mundane shit in their lives in extreme detail, but whenever something mildly interesting happens it's all secretive.

Click bait. At least one - I think Christopher - is a so called SEO "expert". The entire web site is designed and maintained to make a buck. 

Maybe we can play "Where in the world are they Maxwells?" , like we did with John, when the pictures are posted.

I hope they get to meet some eligible young men on that trip (it may even be its real purpose) and finally flee the coop.

And I also don't understand why on earth they can't say where they're going, but then there are many things in Maxhell that I don't understand.

40 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

And I also don't understand why on earth they can't say where they're going, but then there are many things in Maxhell that I don't understand.

Probably because of FJ.  We were able to figure out where Invisible Elissa came from, her family, and background.  I found out Coward Steve's parents died and his birth name was Bargar.  We FJers are pretty good PIs!

7 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

And UGH!

Fell back asleep and dreamed 2 gals and I were there - Teri had a Mamasita-style maid who mocked us; Steve got flirty but as we took our leave, we were persuading him to just "do the hippie blogger thing" and leave religion out of it.

None of us thought to ask him to let Sarah live her life til we had gotten clear of him.

And they lived in a place much more beautiful than Kansas.

I don't know. This is too much!

All I remember dreaming was trying to buy model electric train with neon lights from a shop in Israel, and then pirates attacked.

Why doesn't Sarah get to go on the mission? Has she aged out of whatever mission group her siblings are at? Why couldn't Jesse go as well? Did John go because Anna and Mary needed a male chaperone? Does the house still need worker bees to keep the schedule so everyone couldn't go? Will the meal plan need to be changed now that there are three less people in the house? Do you start praying about the new meal plan before they leave for the mission trip or after everyone has been dropped off at the airport. Let's not even talk about the modifications to the cleaning schedules because of those three being gone. So many questions that will never be answered and so many leftover cookies that will not be eaten. 

It makes me mad that John can look like any other 20 something year old guy by wearing jeans and a Just Do It t-shirt, while Mary and Anna have to wear calf length skirts (better than ankle length, I suppose) and two shirts.

It is a great improvement over the frumpers of old, but still.

ETA: Not sure why this post is so long.  Tried to fix it but couldn't figure out how.  Sorry.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:47 PM, albanuadh_1 said:

Don't know why but every so often I'll take a stroll down 'memory lane' to see what the Maxwell's were doing 5 or 10 years ago on this date. June 28, 2007 , the 4 of them cleaned the fridge; took them 45 minutes. 

Just had to pass this news on , folks.

So if four people cleaned the fridge in 45 minutes, then it would take 1 person 3 hours to clean it. I guess. (SOTDRT Advanced Maths)

No, STEVE, I will not lift your family  up in prayer as they travel. You want your readers to buy your books, attend your conferences, read and comment on your blog posts.  You hold yourselves up as a family who is closer to God than any other. You expect others to share their prayer requests with you and to join you in fasting. Yet, you put on this smug cloak of self righteousness  when family members travel as though they are so important, their whereabouts must be kept secret. Really?  You would deny this "ministry" the blessing of specific prayer and potential support because your precious family is traveling with them?  

I wish no harm to your family, but, NO, I will not lift them up in prayer. I think all of your readers willl take offense at this arrogamce. Your family, Steve, is not the first to think of joining a "ministry" to do work far from home. 

I've had too much grape juice and I'm chatting to a Jinger guy on Grinder (love his blue house!!!1!)

so either Stud John is looking after the two reversals girls or other way around.

the truth in where they are going is hidden in a reply to either a birthday or Christmas reply that thanked  john for his sweet fellowship 

hi stevie xx 

Why the fuck would a ministry need privacy anyway? It's not like it's an actual person.

Most mission organisations want people to know who they are so they can get donations and prayer support, especially if they're one of the useless "let's convert ebil Catholics" praycation types where they only exist to make fundies feel good about themselves.

We know what you really mean Steve. You don't want blog readers to a. know about ministry organisations other than yours and b. risk any heathen FJ types  finding your kidults while they're away from your "protection" and, I don't know, talking to them or something.

26 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

I've had too much grape juice and I'm chatting to a Jinger guy on Grinder (love his blue house!!!1!)

so either Stud John is looking after the two reversals girls or other way around.

the truth in where they are going is hidden in a reply to either a birthday or Christmas reply that thanked  john for his sweet fellowship 

hi stevie xx 

Dammit johnhugh - do you really want us to dig up through all of those birthday and Xmas posts looking for your comment?! I don't know if my brain could stand it!

How about a clue?

ETA: wait - does the comment having something to do with a certain stone fruit and whether or not it is "popped" yet? That has to be an FJ comment, surely (2016 Christmas post).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived