IGNORED

The Revolting Man

EowynW

While researching something on YouTube, Mr EW stumbled over this rabbit hole and showed it to me. We love all things farming and homesteading here but this guy made us both embarrassed to be known as homestead minded.  

I wonder if Cabinetman has a brother? 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nGksoPvIU4A

And revolting wife: 

Um. And ah. That is indeed a rabbithole!

I've never heard that argument before - 'women just have to look out for what they have to achieve Biblically themselves and if they force their husbands to love them as prescribed by the Bible they are being unsubmissive!'

Pathetic but unsurprising somehow.

She takes so long to.......um.......complete (*stare around for a second) a.......um.......sentence. Um..... In her flat monotone voice.

couldn't listen. Did she make a point at all? I just read an article about sounding smarter. She pretty much broke all the rules. Lol.

Revolting indeed if not horrifically boring. WOW.

OK, I stopped when she said, "It takes everything I have not to comment..." because, ya know, I just had this strong intuition that she WAS going to comment and I didn't want to stick around because she's not coherent and, uh, it seems like it might take her a long time to say whatever is, uh, on her mind. 

she really wants to know "whatever, i don't know". That is an interesting question. Perhaps she could be a little be more specific.

I do get the overall set of mind and it is disturbing. But forming complete sentences and give coherent reasons is not her strength. The reasons she gives are not well grounded and sound so fundy to me.

The husband wants to have more wives:

He explains that polygamy is not the right word for what those men want but uses it none the less.

When I first saw that woman on camera, I thought that it was Trixie Mattel out of drag.  

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, Red Jumper said:

He explains that polygamy is not the right word for what those men want but uses it none the less.

Well he is a totally revolting boring fart. They deserve each other. 

13 hours ago, Red Jumper said:

The right word is, "I want to f**K multiple women, and be all smug and righteous about it."  I can't remember her exact words, but this is close: an older woman who escaped polygamy said, It's all about sex.  They'll tell you it's not, but it is.  At least some of those men will want to marry have sex with young girls and also be all smug and righteous about it.  Dime a dozen -- men (and women) who use religion as a cover for all sorts of vile things.  This is just one aspect of it.  

Disclaimer: I did not watch his vid. His beard is nasty ugly and his wife styles hacks off his hair.  He has Rasputin eyes.  Are these people interesting enough to be rabbit-hole material?  Do they blog?

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

@Howl I think they only vlog on their YouTube channel. 

I think we should be grateful for this small blessing (no blog)! 

He mentions a site called 

biblicalfamilies.org sounds promising.

I wonder if is is aware that revolting has more than one meaning. Every time I read revolting man I picture a disgusting pig of a man, which he is. 

Woah! Jackpot! This is basically a Christian polygamy forum. The men only forum is pretty fun reading. Leaving a taste of whaI read so far. I don't want to go further down the rabbit hole today, I got too much to do. 

They are discussing the best place to find plural wives. Apparently USA women are too feminized, the favorite seems to be Asian mail order brides, but sadly, these days you must go overseas to meet them and can't just send them here. So they are discussing more cost effective and less time consuming ways to get a life partner.

Also if you are like me, in Texas , Mexico and the west indies are not too far away for a vacation. I am single and prefer black women so i am thinking about trinidad, jamaica or something like that very soon. I could use a wing man.

@DomWackTroll I know! I can't stop. I have to say though one of the men confronted another guy who was talking about disciplining his wife and told him flat out hitting or spanking were wrong.

So far lacking in a cursory look at the site: the approval of the first wife to take on additional wives.  I did see mention of divorce when "things get hard" for the first wife.  My impression:  if the first wife doesn't want sister wives, she's SOL, cause a man's got to do what a man's got to do. 

But, ya know, this is inevitable, because certainly the Old Testament and some New Testament is chock full o' polygamy and concubines.  Just don't kill a man to steal his wife.  Yes, King David, we're talking about you! 

I just did a quick google on "when polygamy gave way to monogamy in the Bible" and came across Libby Anne's post Monogamy Isn’t Biblical, It’s Roman  in response to Ken Ham's article, Why is Marriage Just for Two?   Here's how she wraps it up: 

I do, however, have a problem with Christians arguing that something is transparently obviously and unquestioningly biblical when it is anything but. Go ahead and form your own interpretation—but please, oh please, don’t claim the Bible is “clear” on an issue when it’s obviously more complicated than that.

Christianity is monogamous not because of anything the Bible says but rather because the Romans were monogamous. Christianity was profoundly influenced by its development within the Roman Empire. Even the Christian concept of heaven and hell comes from the Romans, not the Jews. While Jewish law permitted polygamy, the Romans were fiercely monogamous, and during its early years Christianity moved from being a Jewish sect to being an independent religion within the Roman Empire—a religion adopted primarily by Gentiles (and not Jews) and ultimately made the Roman Empire’s official religion.

Yes, you read that right—the Western idea that marriage is between one man and one woman isn’t biblical, it’s Roman.

This dude should really invest in better sound and video equipment if he's wanting to influence the masses. I tried to watch his 'Ways of resisting Islam' video and could barely hear him. 

On 6/23/2017 at 1:48 PM, Grimalkin said:

They are discussing the best place to find plural wives. Apparently USA women are too feminized, the favorite seems to be Asian mail order brides, but sadly, these days you must go overseas to meet them and can't just send them here. So they are discussing more cost effective and less time consuming ways to get a life partner.

Revolting, retrograde, and racist. Great... :my_confused:

At least he properly named himself.  Best to get that out of the way so he only has to deal with that small, sad segment of humanity that would go along with his beliefs.

34 minutes ago, warriorblade8857 said:

Revolting, retrograde, and racist. Great... :my_confused:

If you like alliteration you should read the John Schrader threads. If you don't like alliteration you should still read those threads!:my_smile:

Another thread in the Men's Forum was discussing sleeping arrangements.  It assumes everyone lives in one house, because these schlubs could never afford a house for every wife.  Then it's,  should everybody sleep in one room? should the wives each have their own room because every body needs a little space? and should the  guy just rotate between rooms and not worry about his own room?  And then, where the heck do you put the kids?

Whatever. 

Archived