IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 22: Criticising your poop and pining for Gilead

2 hours ago, Joyce said:

A moderator on the FB chatroom commented:

Does this mean that if one posts about physical abuse without going through the moderators, the post will be deleted?

She doesn't want the physically abused women to tell their stories, because then none of her advice will apply, and she will look callous. Silence those ladies!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BlackSheep said:

IMG_7658.PNG.4d21ead364839e952bdd776cb570423b.PNG

Five hours and not yet deleted.

She's low on poop today and is popping magnesium and sitting on the toilet waiting for action. 

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

She's low on poop today and is popping magnesium and sitting on the toilet waiting for action. 

Sitting on the toilet all the time waiting for action DOES explain why she has so much time with nothing better to do than spam the delete button...

8 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Let's assess this.

• a family is grieving and a little girl lost her father
  • another little girl is sick
  • a prayer request for our nation
  • a prayer request for lost souls
  • the commenter is looking for a better job and is praying for direction

Lori's response?

"Can I pray that you find a way to make money from home?"

She ignored every matter raised, and forged ahead with her agenda of keeping women at home. When will her followers see that she is blinded by her own hubris?

I'm surprised she didn't add "That's what happens when you live in sin," since the victim was a boyfriend rather than a husband) 

8 hours ago, BlackSheep said:

Sorry, I accidentally posted this twice.

9 hours ago, Joyce said:

I asked Lori to post something about how to earn money working from home, but I doubt if she posted anything recently. 

I doubt Lori would ever post about how ways to earn money from home. I don't think she knows that much about various ways to earn money from home. She probably doesn't know that education and/or previous work experience are needed in many cases to obtain at home employment. A friend of mine does online tutoring part time from home. She had previous tutoring experience from college and she has a degree which helped her get hired.  Also, there are home requirements such as having a distraction free work space, paying for some or all of your office equipment and computers for some at home jobs.  Years ago, I had a co-worker whose wife did customer service as an independent agent from home for LiveOps. They had to buy a computer, a business landline, and other equipment so she could work from home. Working from home for customer service isn't always flexible when it comes to kids and taking care of a home. You have to work set hours for certain types of at home jobs and there is chance that your work hours can change.

It's been said here that Lori's daughter-in-law Erin has some kind of floral business. I have the feeling that it's more of a part time setup to earn a little extra money. Owning a business can be very time consuming if you are trying to earn a full time income from it. Lori again doesn't see that or understand that. Promoting a business could also mean that you have to leave your home. Let's say Lori's DIL tries to aim to get business from the wedding industry. She might have to go to bridal expo events to promote her business or met with potential customers outside the home at other places. Things like that would probably upset Lori because she thinks women shouldn't be away from their children/homes for periods of time.

ETA: As for the woman whose friend lost her boyfriend/child's father. In Lori's mind, the unmarried couple with the little girl aren't a "godly" family to her.

17 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

ETA: As for the woman whose friend lost her boyfriend/child's father. In Lori's mind, the unmarried couple with the little girl aren't a "godly" family to her.

This morning I said a prayer for each person in that comment.

IMG_3683.thumb.PNG.526b5650b8206d9289e3c91619a3b96f.PNG

"I don't see anything in that list about having a job, working for a boss or making $."

I don't see anything in that list saying that those are the only things that women are permitted to do.

And I don't see Lori ever washing feet or serving anyone in need. That woman won't even tithe. 

My husband is hands down the nurturer and relational one in our relationship. He'll be the more nurturing parent too, I already know it. 

Lori's latest post is again about the sin of not wanting to have children.  I responded that I could find nothing in my Bible on this issue and referenced her favorite conservative 'go to' Christian site for all answers, which said the same thing.  That it is not a sin and is a decision for the couple to make.   (my note here:  be fruitful and multiply does not tranalate to ... if you dont, you are a sinner. 

Her exegesis is extraordinarily poor and she interpets things that fit her own idea of what is right and wrong.  The question of being selfish for not wanting children?  Maybe she didn't? 

All I know is this:  The only time people should have a child is if they want one. Period. end. of.

I am sure she will delete me.

My late husband and I chose not to have children, mostly because of serious medical issues for both of us(me--spina bifida; him--epilepsy), but also because we weren't in a good place financially, and my doctor told me I would probably find it more difficult to conceive due to PCOS.  As it turned out, he passed shortly before our eighth anniversary due to complications from his condition, so if we'd had kids, I would have been raising them myself.

So, Lori, if that dooms me to hell, so be it.

1 minute ago, smittykins said:

So, Lori, if that dooms me to hell, so be it.

Frankly, if Lori is going to heaven I'd rather be in hell.

58 minutes ago, lilwriter85 said:

Things like that would probably upset Lori because she thinks women shouldn't be away from their children/homes for periods of time.

Fixed it for you:

Things like that would probably upset Lori because she thinks women shouldn't be away from their children/homes computers for periods of time.

From HAVING A HEART FOR SERVICE

Make sure your husband is a priority since your were created for him.

My husband is a priority. I have a job, which makes his role as Household Accountant and Bill Payer easier. He and I entered into marriage with the expectation that both of us would continue to work. If I said, "I no longer want to work because the Bible Lori says I shouldn't", then he'd feel like I didn't have my priorities straight.

Since Lori stops reading when she realizes that a person is against her, this is what she'll see of my paragraph:

My husband is a priority. I have a job

EVIL. NEXT POST.

40 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

"I don't see anything in that list about having a job, working for a boss or making $."

I don't see anything in that list saying that those are the only things that women are permitted to do.

I don't see anything in that list about being judgemental harpies on the internet.  Mind you, I also don't see anything about hiring OTHER women to take care of your kids!  Funny how Lori is so adamant that women shouldn't work outside the home, but is perfectly happy to hire them to relieve her burdens...

13 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

From HAVING A HEART FOR SERVICE

My husband is a priority. I have a job, which makes his role as Household Accountant and Bill Payer easier. He and I entered into marriage with the expectation that both of us would continue to work. If I said, "I no longer want to work because the Bible Lori says I shouldn't", then he'd feel like I didn't have my priorities straight.

Since Lori stops reading when she realizes that a person is against her, this is what she'll see of my paragraph:

My husband is a priority. I have a job

EVIL. NEXT POST.

She sounds like my mom. 

"You can't work because that means that you'd be working under a boss. And you can't do that because your husband is your boss" 

"your job is to make his life easier. And better." 

Bull. Shit. 

52 minutes ago, EowynW said:

And I don't see Lori ever washing feet or serving anyone in need. That woman won't even tithe. 

My husband is hands down the nurturer and relational one in our relationship. He'll be the more nurturing parent too, I already know it. 

I hope somebody asks Lori how she helps people in need. If Lori does answer that kind of question, her response might be something like "I help out by mentoring younger women.".  I could also see Lori not answering that kind of question or even deleting it.

We have never seen Lori blog about helping people in need. No stories of her helping out at food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, hospitals, or other places. There are ways you can help others from home. Lori could be making blankets by hand for non-profits that help children and adults in need. We know Lori has drama with the churches that she attends, I doubt anyone at the church would be asking Lori to volunteer with certain programs that aren't about mentoring.

I wonder if Lori is reading Sheila's series this week at To Love, Honor, and Vacuum. She is challenging the idea that men can't control lustful thoughts in the presence of thong-clad bottoms, basically. Here are the first two posts: http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2017/06/men-are-visual-lust/ and http://tolovehonorandvacuum.com/2017/06/every-mans-battle-is-wrong/. I imagine Lori sputtering all over her computer as she's reading.

Usually at home, I fill my hisband's plate and hand it to him and he ALWAYS says "Thank you honey."  He usually is up getting my drink while I fill his plate so it is kind of a (GASP!) mutual submission thing. 

At crowded events like wedding receptions, he always fills my plate and brings me a drink, for two reasons. I am usually in heels and it is often hard to maneuver crowded reception halls. Also, I dislike crowds and he knows I am more comfortable staying at the table and keeping a low profile in large groups.

We recently attended a wedding reception in a rather big hall with about 220 guests. He automatically filled a plate of fruits and veggies for me and brought it to me while we waited on the meal to be served. I always thought that was just the chivalrous thing to do because, in our circle, it is always the men bringing the small plates to the table while the women rest their feet. Maybe we and our friends are just weird????  

So someone may or may not own the domain alwayslearning.fail.  Obviously, this is not as timely as thetransformedwife, but I still think it could be useful and using SEO and goggle tactics (tm) it would still be a good place to have informative posts and all the screenshots and whatnot.

The problem is that person does not have time to maintain something like that, so it would need to be a group effort to keep it updated. 

I think a wordpress blog would be sufficient and it's super easy to use.  If you can post here, you can manage a wordpress blog post.

thoughts?

1. Most fundamentalist Christians I've known don't dance to "worldly" music. Mind your own sin, Lori.

2. On the topic of eye bouncing: It's natural for humans (male and female) to find others attractive and to notice one another. It's not natural to ogle, leer or stare. That tips over into creepy territory. A man who cannot stop ogling or leering at other people has a problem. It's not normal.

My family wasn't fundie or patriarchal in any way (Catholic in the south).   But.......

My mother had the illogical idea women shouldn't work because then they'd be taking a job a man needed to support his family,  I once argued that not every man was married. Her counter was that they were saving for the big ring and to get married.

I then asked her 'what about me, I'm single, if I don't work no one is supporting me, least of all daddy.' Her answer was in that well duh tone -- that I could get married any time i wanted, that there were a  lot of men I knew I could marry, so why didn't I "just pick one out and do it."

Well ....... umm.  No... Because I hadn't met anyone I wanted to marry -- this was pre Mr. Dress -- and at that time I wasn't sure I wanted to be married at all, to anyone, ever.  I loved being single, working, and on my own. 

Of course all of this was easy for my mother to say as she went straight from her father's house to being married to my daddy who was more than able to keep her in the style to which she was accustomed.

Fortunately for me, my father was all for my having a career/ being independent and told me to ignore my mother. The exact phrase in my family was "you know how you mama is".  He just wanted me to be happy, and although I know he thought I'd get married some time, he wasn't all that sure there would ever be a man worthy of his "sweetie".

Then Mr Dress appeared and daddy thoroughly approved of him.  The two of them had a serious father-son bond.

Interestingly, without being all icky , Mr. Dress is in many ways like my father.  He has always been totally supportive of my career and has told me throughout the years he married me because i was smart. He does add with a grin that being a good cook and the great sex didn't hurt.  So yeah ... mutual submission, respect, admiration, love, help, service  going on in our house. 

Anyway TL: DR. I'm with BlackSheep -- My husband is my priority. I have a job.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived