IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 22: Criticising your poop and pining for Gilead

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So I was looking at Instagram today. 

Spoiler

Pretty jewelry. I wonder how much financial outlay is needed to stock up on semi-precious stones like those, plus jewelry supplies, and then hope that things sell.

I'm not familiar with Etsy - have only browsed there a few times, and not recently - so I don't know if this is high-end for their site. But I do like her work.

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

When will pampered cushy folks like Lori understand that disagreement is not persecution?

This sentence might stand true for many people discussed here.  And their fans/not fans/FJ haters.

8 hours ago, Escadora said:

*snip*

He did, however, refer to methods of birth control that prevent the implantation of a fertilised egg in the lining of the womb as 'abortifaciants', which I thought was a silly, made up word until just now when I googled it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2012/12/the-pill-contraceptive-or-abortifacient/266725/

This link takes you to an article that explains better that pro-life mentality of how certain contraceptive choices can be seen as having caused an abortion than I can. I still think it's faulty logic and I don't stand by it, but it does explain that view with more clarity than I managed. 

The article Escadora linked to is really something.  The author is Karen Swallow Prior. It's taking every bit of self control I have not to make a joke right now.  ;D

Thanks for the link, E, it's good to know what the other side is saying.

KSP is an English professor at Liberty University.  It's a fundie Baptist school founded by Jerry Fallwell.  The chancellor is Jerry Falwell Jr. 

I'd like to go through the article point by point but I have a busy weekend ahead. 

There's a pool party tomorrow and I have to finish a painting by Monday and here I am giving myself homework...

10 hours ago, Mirla said:

As to the argument that many fertilized eggs never implant naturally, a fundie would argue that there is a difference between bad things happening and making bad things happen.  That argument would be as silly to them as arguing that it is OK to murder someone because millions die naturally.

Yeah, that would be "God did it/allowed it to happen, so that's totes different."

From the article that Lori posted on FB today:

The truth is, women have robbed Peter to pay Paul. They may be more successful in the professional sphere, but they lack the tools needed for love. If women want to be successful in both arenas, they need to be able to switch gears. They need to ditch "Fearless Girl" at the end of the day and surrender to love at home.

Many successful women are single or divorced precisely because they never mastered this balance. They know all too well how to be like "Fearless Girl" — headstrong, domineering and bossy — but they have no idea how to love.

Lori believes that women should be keeping house rather than having a job, and that if you have a job, that you're buying into the lie of Fearless Girl.

I have a job to help pay the bills. It's not about success or being fearless or trying to be like a man. It's not about making a statement or flying in the face of convention.

In fact, I left a better-paying full-time job for a lesser-paying part-time job to have more time to help our aging parents. Unexpected bonus: my new job is less stressful.

So don't label me as a Woman Who Is Sacrificing Love, Home and Family for Success, just because I have a job.

As for other working women, I don't know their motivations. We're not all part of some big conspiracy group-think movement to destroy families. Some of us work to keep our families together, fed, clothed and housed. Some might do it just for the success. I have no idea.

And Lori, you have no idea either. So take your self-serving agenda (because that's all it is), and put it wherever you dispose of your 2 daily pounds of poop.

This seems like a good time to mention something I stumbled upon on Instagram. Really, it was a complete accident because someone else I follow linked to a business page. 

You guys, one of Lori's daughters-in-law went on a business trip!!  For her own business!! I wonder where her children were when she was TRAVELING for her business!!  Even if it is a home business, what kind of godly woman travels for work?!? 

Having said that, it is nice to see this young woman pursuing something she enjoys. 

@BlackSheep Lori is all about the labels, isn't she? Fearless Girl, Prostitute, Jezebel, Command Man, etc.

She always points to the side that is the exact opposite extreme view from her own. It's never a thoughtful, inclusive point of view that allows for the many variables in life. Oh no. Can't have us weak women thinking.

Loving your family and working are not mutually exclusive unto themselves. You can have both. I'm sure there are career obsessed women who neglect their home life to the point of failure but I can't say I've ever known anyone like that. I spent a decade working in the food industry, an industry that was at the time mostly women and never saw it. 

46 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

This seems like a good time to mention something I stumbled upon on Instagram. Really, it was a complete accident because someone else I follow linked to a business page. 

You guys, one of Lori's daughters-in-law went on a business trip!!  For her own business!! I wonder where her children were when she was TRAVELING for her business!!  Even if it is a home business, what kind of godly woman travels for work?!? 

Having said that, it is nice to see this young woman pursuing something she enjoys. 

lol I wonder if it was the trip Lori talked about recently in one of her doodles.

A couple things ~

I don't understand the argument against birth control by fundies.  If you believe that God made heaven and earth and ALL THE THINGS!, how can you also believe that he's not smart/strong/etc enough to get past the birth control? 

I guess the answer to can God make a rock so big that God can't lift it is probably yes, since he's too weak to get around some latex or a few hormones.

Second, I wonder what Lori would think of the Nauglers.  Nicole is the one that does pretty much everything from what we can tell.  Joe seems to basically be a sperm donor and not much else. 

Is it me or is she allowing a lot of disagreeing comments?

There is one with Stephen..teaching a man.  I will post it later. 

She might scrub the whole exchange later but for now she is letting a lot stand for some reason. 

Someone is traveling again! What an awful, feminist career woman. Who can quickly gather all the quotes where she trashes women for traveling?

2 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

Here is Ken answering a comment.

Well now, Ken, Lori may have spent four years at a Christian college, but she says they were a waste of time because they didn't teach her anything valuable.  Let's see.. in her words

- Looking back, can I think of any way that my college education helped me be a better wife or mother; my most important roles in life? No.

- To tell you the truth, I can’t remember anything that I learned in college. I didn’t like any of my classes. I can’t remember any of my professors.

- Am I a smarter mother because I went to college? I don’t think so

- what I learned in college didn’t interest me at all.

As for all your credentials, remember the pharisees?  Jesus had some sharp words for them. They invested their whole lives in the study of the Scriptures and the law, and they were very good at finding the laws that everyone else was supposed to be keeping.  I don't know how highly you regard the teachings of Jesus, but I'm assume you recognize Him as the Son of God, and that you recognize his equality with God and his superior knowledge of the law and what it meant.  He said that the Law and the Prophets were summed up in two commandments.  Not "wife submit to your huband" or "husband, lead your wife". He said they were "love God" and "love your neighbor as yourself".  

The Pharisees knew a lot. They were highly qualified, yet they didn't get the spirit of the law and were too busy with the letter and making sure everyone else adhered to it. 

Bottom line? Bible Scholarship is a good thing, but it's not much use if you apply it as the Pharisees did.  

51 minutes ago, onemama said:

Bottom line? Bible Scholarship is a good thing, but it's not much use if you apply it as the Pharisees did.  

@onemama, well said, as always. Gold star to you. 

48 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Somebody must have hurt her delete finger.

Maybe she came to her senses and gave up her twisted teachings... 

...Yeah right! :pb_lol:

She either hurt that finger or is somewhere with no internet. 

This guy is nuttier than Lori.

"The energy of the home"... "a woman's antenna"... "her heart becomes a fractal structure"...  and more. He's not disagreeing with Lori, but I'd bet she stopped replying because the guy is crackers. And hopefully he's single - FOREVER.

IMG_3703.thumb.PNG.ef4d6e45399b921dd3ad5a442e4863a3.PNG

5 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

This guy is nuttier than Lori.

No joking. Goodness gracious! 

That word, "biblical", they keep throwing it around but it doesn't mean what they think it means.  "Biblical"= related to or contained in the Bible.  By that definition, lying is biblical, as well as killing, raping, marrying hundreds of women, chopping a person's body in twelve pieces and sending them off to twelve different destinations, driving a nail into a man's head, dressing up as a prostitute to seduce your FIL, chopping off the foreskins of your male enemies, marrying your eldest daughter off to a man who doesn't want her, need I go on?  There are many things in the Bible that we, mercifully, have seen as barbaric and not to be done.  Why is finally seeing that both men and women, from all races and nationalities, are equal in value and should have equal rights?  

But, whatever. It just irks me that they are out there counseling couples.

I'm overwhelmed with Lori and probably will be for a while - so could someone please be so kind to tell me how many children she and Ken spawned / tortured?

Something occurred to me about Stephen "RedDot's" post...

So far Lori has attracted cheerleader fan-girls and people like us who don't believe as she does.

But Stephen RedDot is a new element. He's an extremist even by Lori's standards and the standards of her typical male commenters. Worse than that, he comes off as a tad new age as well ("the energy of the home"... a woman is in tune with the world around her... a woman absorbs all bad influences...).

Part of the price of fame is dealing with the crazies. Have fun with this one, Lori.

Given her instagram had the packed luggage, she is off on a vacation somewhere. Must involve a plane. Its the only possible way she can't monitor comments.  That must totally freak her out to lose that control. 

But wait, there's more!

I realized that I hadn't expanded one of Stephen RedDot's comments. Went back to get it, and found:

IMG_3705.thumb.PNG.aaae1b852c9b514a781a05d5fb6d5bdc.PNG

10 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Given her instagram had the packed luggage, she is off on a vacation somewhere. Must involve a plane. Its the only possible way she can't monitor comments.  That must totally freak her out to lose that control. 

If you're right, things could get very intesting in the comments.

:popcorn:

28 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I'm overwhelmed with Lori and probably will be for a while - so could someone please be so kind to tell me how many children she and Ken spawned / tortured?

They had 4 kids.  Two boys and two girls.  I believe all 4 of them are married now.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived