IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 22: Criticising your poop and pining for Gilead

33 minutes ago, BlackSheep said:

I believe that Jesus died for all of us. That each of us have an individual walk with Him. That each of us will one day be judged individually before God based on that walk. God didn't make us as mindless robots. He gave each of us our own mind and personality, and he gave us the ability to make choices.

And we have ample proof of that in the Bible alone. We have people making good and bad choices. 

Do I have all the answers? No. Do I often stumble? Yes. But I don't paint myself as a teacher and prophet.

And this is the point of Church. We need each other because none of us have all the answers. People like Lori don't only hurt themselves by rejecting all views that don't line up with theirs, they hurt others because they set themselves up as teachers and claim to have a better understanding of the Bible. Lori has even set herself as judge of people like John McArthur, a scholar who's been in the business of studying and teaching the Bible for a lot longer than she has. As soon as he started reconsidering some of his teachings, Lori pronounces him "wrong".  

So much for being a weaker vessel and more easily deceived, eh? 

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

Why does the South Park episode about pooping in "Couric measurements" come to mind....?

Does this mean that both Bono and Randy Marsh are no longer either number 1 OR 2?????

2 hours ago, Loveday said:

@AlwaysDiscerning, glad you captured that, I was hoping you would. I'm too technically challenged--do you have to put the picture on a site like Photobucket first, or can you just upload it directly here from your computer like you can with pics on Facebook? I'm clueless! And then there's blocking out people's names, totally lost there! :embarrassed:

If you have a windows PC, you should also have the Snipping Tool. You can just draw around whatever portion of the screen you want, so you don't have to crop anything after the fact. And there's a pen in the tool you can use to color over names and stuff. 

@slickcat79 oh yeah duh, forgot about that.  I am familiar with that tool from a former job but didn't dawn on me to look for it on my laptop. Found it. 

8 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@slickcat79 oh yeah duh, forgot about that.  I am familiar with that tool from a former job but didn't dawn on me to look for it on my laptop. Found it. 

My friend works for microsoft, and I told him that was the only good thing to come out of windows 7 :pb_lol: I use it ALL the time.

Thanks, @slickcat79. :pb_smile: I'm going to play around with everything, it's time I figured all of this out! I got Windows 10 recently, unfortunately, so it will probably take me longer than it really should, though. :my_dodgy:  Am I the only person who still misses Windows XP? :pb_lol:

In the SS BlackSheep posted Lori says 'many forms of birth control take away life by causing abortions'.

I don't know which methods she's talking about, she doesn't specify.  This is the same nonsense that Boob and Mechelle Duggar believe about oral contraceptives.  

I will never understand the willful ignorance that is so common in fundie culture.  It infuriates me.  She spreads misinformation to people who may actually believe it, and that can cause real harm.

I still can't get over her recommending black salve.  

I wouldn't wish her karma on a monkey on a rock. (Still missing you, Dave Letterman!) 

8 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Do you mind if I share this and some other screen shots on my fb?  Her deleted messages need to get around as much as possible. 

Please do!!! Get it around as much as possible. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Jucifer said:

This is the same nonsense that Boob and Mechelle Duggar believe about oral contraceptives.  

That's my guess, too, as to the "reasoning." Meanwhile, back in reality, in places where people have accessible and affordable contraception available to them, it's preventing many unwanted pregnancies that would likely have led to many abortions... 

Jesus, Lori never changes, does she? Mad old bat.

The reason I assume they believe hormonal birth control causes abortions is likely the same as why PP believes the same. 

According to one of his lovely and not at all off-putting sermons he went into great detail about how some birth control, namely the dual contraceptive pill and depo shot both have two methods of preventing pregnancy. 

Now, I don't know how accurate his understanding of it is because I never did look up on it (I have the depo shot more for what I believe - as in, my doctor is a pig-headed ass who thinks I'm faking everything so I took it in my own hands to stop the pain that was getting in the way of my functioning to a large degree -  is endometriosis than for birth control, but there we are), but according to him the first way these contraceptives prevent pregnancy is to stop ovulation, and the second way they prevent is by turning the cervix into an inhospitable environment. This environment makes it largely impossible (but not 100%) for an embryo/zygote/blastocyst/fertilised egg to implant, which is y'know pretty essential for the continued success of that foetus.

As these people truly and honestly believe that life begins at conception, and that a fertilised egg is a person, then I can understand why they'd see that dual contraceptive methods and such do cause abortions. Personally I don't believe the same way, and I am as pro-choice as they come, but I do understand how they could come to that conclusion. 

And now, if you will all excuse me, I'm going to do some more research on my chosen method of birth control, as I'm just now seeing how effed up it is that I took for granted that what the hate-mongering, wall-pisser-upper, twit Steven Anderson says about birth control is true (whether or not it is, I still should find this out for myself).  

Also, I need to have a serious discussion with myself about whether or not my hate-watching of these sermons is good for me or not. One's primary source of knowledge on any given subject should not be him, and I'm a little (lot) disappointed with myself right now.

6 minutes ago, Escadora said:

Now, I don't know how accurate his understanding of it is because I never did look up on it (I have the depo shot more for what I believe - as in, my doctor is a pig-headed ass who thinks I'm faking everything so I took it in my own hands to stop the pain that was getting in the way of my functioning to a large degree -  is endometriosis than for birth control, but there we are), but according to him the first way these contraceptives prevent pregnancy is to stop ovulation, and the second way they prevent is by turning the cervix into an inhospitable environment. This environment makes it largely impossible (but not 100%) for an embryo/zygote/blastocyst/fertilised egg to implant, which is y'know pretty essential for the continued success of that foetus.

As these people truly and honestly believe that life begins at conception, and that a fertilised egg is a person, then I can understand why they'd see that dual contraceptive methods and such do cause abortions. Personally I don't believe the same way, and I am as pro-choice as they come, but I do understand how they could come to that conclusion. 

I do think that's their logic, but it's still stupid. A significant percentage of fertilized eggs fail to implant in the uterus without birth control use. A person not using BC is much more likely to have an egg fail to implant, because they're much more likely to end up with fertilized eggs in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Escadora said:

*snip*

What do you mean by dual contraceptive methods?  Not trying to argue, I just don't understand.

"dual contraceptive pill and depo shot both have two methods of preventing pregnancy."?

From Planned Parenthood's website:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/birth-control-pill

"How do birth control pills prevent pregnancy?

The birth control pill works by stopping sperm from meeting an egg (which is called fertilization).

The hormones in the pill stop ovulation. No ovulation means there’s no egg hanging around for sperm to fertilize, so pregnancy can’t happen.

The pill’s hormones also thicken the mucus on the cervix. Thicker cervical mucus makes it hard for the sperm to swim to an egg."

Also from Planned Parenthood:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-control/birth-control-shot

"How does the birth control shot work?

The birth control shot (sometimes called Depo-Provera, the Depo shot, or DMPA) contains the hormone progestin.  Progestin stops you from getting pregnant by preventing ovulation.  When there’s no egg in the tube, pregnancy can’t happen. It also works by making cervical mucus thicker. When the mucus on the cervix is thicker, the sperm can’t get through. And when the sperm and the egg can’t get together, pregnancy can’t happen."

Then there is the problem of perfect use vs typical use.  From the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/index.htm

"How effective are birth control methods?

The effectiveness of birth control methods is critically important for reducing the risk of unintended pregnancy. Effectiveness can be measured during “perfect use,” when the method is used correctly and consistently as directed, or during “typical use,” which is how effective the method is during actual use (including inconsistent and incorrect use)."

So there are 6-12 pregnancies in a year per 100 women who are on oral contraceptives, injectable contraceptives, patches, and diaphragms. The PDF diagram shows effectiveness with typical use.

https://www.cdc.gov/reproductivehealth/contraception/unintendedpregnancy/pdf/Contraceptive_methods_508.pdf

My takeaway is it's possible you might get pregnant on the pill or the BC shot, though it's a small percentage.

It's not possible these BC methods will cause you to have an abortion.

@slickcat79 I hear you, and I think it's ridiculous logic as well. It's thinking like that that leads to women being considered murderers because they've had a miscarriage (which is ridiculous and not at all true and I think it's disgusting). Absolutely no disagreement from me at all. It's stupid, faulty logic. 

@Jucifer I see where the confusion comes from, and it's totally my fault. We can blame that on me being bad with words and trying to remember complete nonsense from an unreliable source. What I meant by dual contraceptive methods is that a singular form of birth control can have two ways of preventing pregnancy, as in it can 1: prevent ovulation, and 2: make the womb an inhospitable environment for a fertilised egg, should the first step of prevention occur.

Again, I got this from that whackadoodle nutjob Steve Anderson, though, and he's prone to pulling fake statistics and bullshit studies out of his ass during his pulpit hissy fits, so I'm not saying it's in any way accurate. What I'm saying is that this is what's being taught to fundies who run in those circles, and I still have - clearly - a lot of my own research to do.  I should absolutely have made it more clear that this is what Steven Anderson has preached and not that this is what I actually know to be fact about birth control, because the truth is that I clearly know very little about this subject, and that I need to do more research before talking on here about things like that.

(so much for my recent human anatomy studies, we did a module in human reproduction and it literally told me everything I should have needed to know about this. really, I need to be paying both more and better attention).

Thank you for that information from Planned Parenthood, I appreciate you taking the time to fact-check on that one.

At this point, I've confused myself, so I hope it's cleared up for you now :D 

Escadora, I just wanted to put that info out there for whoever needs it.  I don't think you do. :)

I.  wonder why Anderson referred to these methods as 'dual'. Does he think that makes them twice as bad? :)

Back to Mrs. M for a moment. I am genuinely concerned for this woman's mental and emotional well-being.  The quote below really jumped out at me from her comments on the blog. She seems to be at the point of complete hopelessness and despair.  That is the point at which a woman might see ending it all as the only way out.  

People keep telling her just to choose to be happy, get that house spotless right now and keep it that way, and to serve, honor and reverence the Jerk Hubby (TM)  just because he's a man with a peen. I hope Mrs. M reads here, or her friends and family do and can get her and the children away from the unreasonable JH .  Bolding below mine:

"no, I don’t have depression. Although my family is riddled with it. I’m seeing a Dr soon to get the results of some bloodwork done earlier this year. My vitamin d3 levels may be low, and I have been taking a supplement for that. It’s a problem that has been going on for years. I never seem to get a handle on it all. I need to conquer it once and for all. But it is almost impossible when you have zero support."

#1  I think is is highly likely, probably a sure thing she has depression. Mrs. M seems to know it's a real disease as she acknowledges it's all over her family.

#2   How does she know she doesn't have depression? I'd bet money she hasn't seen a doctor about it as she has "zero support."   I assume that means zero support from her Jerk Hubby.

#3   It is possible her depression is made worse by her low levels of vitamin D -- pain, fatigue. muddled thinking, unexplained weakness can all be signs of low D.  If she has struggled with it for years, then whatever supplement she's taking is definitely not enough. She needs to be thoroughly checked out by a doctor.

#4   I also assume she is physically worn out by multiple back-to-back pregnancies.  Obviously Jerk Hubby won't even think about giving his peen a rest. Perhaps her family can convince her she can't mother the children she has now, much less any new ones. She mentions her large family, in fundie-dom I imagine that's 5-7 children?

I really wish that Lori's fangirls would see that Mrs. M is the cautionary tale of what happen if you buy into all the patriarchy/ quiver full/ total submission/ reverence jerk hubby because he has a peen/ suffer in silence/ expectations and emotions are sinful complete and utter nonsense that Lori spews post after post after post.  

56 minutes ago, Jucifer said:

I.  wonder why Anderson referred to these methods as 'dual'. Does he think that makes them twice as bad? :)

He actually didn't, as far as I remember. That was just me trying to come up with a way of saying that they work in two different ways without having to say actually that. This is what I get for being lazy :D

He did, however, refer to methods of birth control that prevent the implantation of a fertilised egg in the lining of the womb as 'abortifaciants', which I thought was a silly, made up word until just now when I googled it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2012/12/the-pill-contraceptive-or-abortifacient/266725/

This link takes you to an article that explains better that pro-life mentality of how certain contraceptive choices can be seen as having caused an abortion than I can. I still think it's faulty logic and I don't stand by it, but it does explain that view with more clarity than I managed. 

Heck, I would just link to the sermon, but the last thing good old Stevie needs is more traffic and people to confuse.

(also I don't really want to trawl through his youtube archive of crap to try and find it, only to get suckered in to watching something that looks interesting or snark-worthy and then spend the next three hours giving him more views)

So I was looking at Instagram today. 

Spoiler

I found Erin's Instsgram account for her Etsy shop:

champagne_and_glitter

It looks like she makes some rather expensive jewelry.  

I wasn't sure how to hide a photo in the spoiler or I would share a rather immodest photo I found there. Maybe some of you can take a look and see what I mean. 

Um, I've been reading about Lori in my spare time the last couple of days and I just got done with the "black salve."  I need to take a break.  She thinks she cures cancers people.  I just need to back away.

If you are in the US and have a pack of birth control pills, read the FDA required label that is packaged with it.  It will list a reduced likelihood of implantation as a potential mechanism of action.  That language is decades old, and I can't find any evidence that it is an actual mechanism of action, but the FDA won't change the wording until the manufacturers request it and provide sufficient proof.  The manufacturers haven't made a request.  I'm guessing the manufacturers don't think it's worth their time and money.  

As to the argument that many fertilized eggs never implant naturally, a fundie would argue that there is a difference between bad things happening and making bad things happen.  That argument would be as silly to them as arguing that it is OK to murder someone because millions die naturally.

Not saying I agree with them, just that I understand how they draw their conclusions...

When will pampered cushy folks like Lori understand that disagreement is not persecution? It is such an insult to the many Christians losing their lives and homes around the world because of their faith.

Why does she even allow comments, since it is her way or the highway?

16 hours ago, jerkit said:

So is she weighing her poop in front of Ken? Because just a few months ago she was saying you should never poop in front of your husband. Even flossing in front of husbands was prohibited as "not feminine."

How much can one person talk about poop?  I just want to do my business in peace and be done with it.  

15 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

How much can one person talk about poop?  I just want to do my business in peace and be done with it.  

Speaking as someone who became the only female writing for my college's satirical newspaper...a lot. People can talk about poop a lot.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived