Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Target mix and match basic clothes are alwayslike $5 per item plus their clearance stuff. After a couple years  of raising my 3 i realized this works out better for me than trying to shop at the kids consignment hell.

Word. My kids basically live in Target's Cat and Jack line. The other place I tend to shop is The Children's Place, which has amazing sales (I pretty much buy all their jeans there).

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2017 at 10:30 PM, Million Children For Jesus said:

I've had pharmacists announce my Rx while there was a line behind me. ("Your birth control pills are ready, and so is your rash cream!" Thanks.) My ex's new wife works in health care admin. She called the pharmacy and asked for my records. They sent them to her. Then I got a notice of HIPAA violations but they couldn't undo giving her my records.

Please tell me her ass got fired for this! In the hospital I believe it's a 10k fine for the hospital and a fire able offense.  

Regarding depo... would they make her go through all the routine pap etc before giving it?

16 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Please tell me her ass got fired for this! In the hospital I believe it's a 10k fine for the hospital and a fire able offense.  

I don't think she got fired, but she did change jobs soon after, so she may have been asked to resign. My ex would never reveal something as scandalous as getting fired. He's very guarded and caught up in maintaining appearances. He denies she (his wife) did anything wrong, and if he even slightly acknowledges it even happened, he says it was legal and for valid reasons. But...nope, and nope. The way my ex tells it, I'm complaining about nothing. He glosses over the whole part where the pharmacy were the ones who caught it and notified me, and makes it sound like I was out witch hunting to criticize his wife. More nope.

17 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Regarding depo... would they make her go through all the routine pap etc before giving it?

I haven't been on BC in 15 years, but I vaguely recall not needing a pap when I tried the shot.

4 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I don't think she got fired, but she did change jobs soon after, so she may have been asked to resign. My ex would never reveal something as scandalous as getting fired. He's very guarded and caught up in maintaining appearances. He denies she (his wife) did anything wrong, and if he even slightly acknowledges it even happened, he says it was legal and for valid reasons. But...nope, and nope. The way my ex tells it, I'm complaining about nothing. He glosses over the whole part where the pharmacy were the ones who caught it and notified me, and makes it sound like I was out witch hunting to criticize his wife. More nope.

Oh hell to the no!  Not my place to say and o don't know any of y'all but you made a good decision getting out of that crazy!  

Also, she's going a little single white female asking for your records!!!  If your underwear goes missing you know where to look.

5 hours ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

In my department at work there are two Jessicas, two Kellys, two Michaels (both go by Mike), two Davids, and two Melissas. I'm the only one with my name so far, but it's just as popular as these. Obviously, we were all born in the 1980s :pb_lol:

This is the reason I vetoed any name from the 70's and 80's when we were picking a name for our daughter. I remember the endless Jennifers/Jessicas/Courtneys and Megans(With all the various spellings). I have a name that is uncommon but is associated with the 80's due to a famous tv character.  When I went to college there were 3500 kids in a class plus grad school and I was 1 of only 2 with the same name. I actually met the other girl and was embarrassed one day when a disgruntled boy started screaming on the residential quad that she was a slut. Since he lived on my floor and saw me standing there I wanted to hit him for multiple reasons,  not the least was slut shaming. 

38 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

I had to have an exam before I got depo in 2010.

32 minutes ago, JMO said:

Since he lived on my floor and saw me standing there I wanted to hit him for multiple reasons,  not the least was slut shaming. 

This double standard has always pissed me off.  A guy who has sex is a stud, but a woman is a slut. Well then just who is this guy having all that sex with? Sluts?

I've already started trying to talk to my daughter about the double standard.  She is 13 and middle school is where it starts.

@Million Children For Jesus I can't believe your pharmacy gave your private information to that woman like that!! I go to doctors at the medical facility my mom works at, and even though she has access to medical records there she can't access anything about me! She also personally knows some of these docs, and they just talk about surface level, "Oh, how are you kids doing?"

11 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

This double standard has always pissed me off.  A guy who has sex is a stud, but a woman is a slut. Well then just who is this guy having all that sex with? Sluts?

I've already started trying to talk to my daughter about the double standard.  She is 13 and middle school is where it starts.

Reminds me of an ex-friend, who would bitch and moan that no woman would sleep with him. It was all he would talk about. It made everyone in the friend group stop talking to him. I joked if he was so desperate he could pay for it, and he said no because once a woman has sex she is forever tainted with the other guy's "jizz." Men don't get tainted though. 

I haven't talked to him since.

5 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Oh hell to the no!  Not my place to say and o don't know any of y'all but you made a good decision getting out of that crazy!  

Also, she's going a little single white female asking for your records!!!  If your underwear goes missing you know where to look.

That's exactly what my sister said, that his wife is very "single white female" towards me. The way she is with my son feels very "Hand That Rocks The Cradle." 

8 hours ago, SuhrEnity said:

It's a thunderstormy day in Toronto so I thought I'd give you all a prezzie. You're welcome!

Knowing where things went after this... I need brain bleach

4 minutes ago, karen77 said:

Knowing where things went after this... I need brain bleach

Oh yuck. Just effing yuck. 

55 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

Oh yuck. Just effing yuck. 

Basically. Lol

3 hours ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Reminds me of an ex-friend, who would bitch and moan that no woman would sleep with him. It was all he would talk about. It made everyone in the friend group stop talking to him. I joked if he was so desperate he could pay for it, and he said no because once a woman has sex she is forever tainted with the other guy's "jizz." Men don't get tainted though.

That actually sounds like it makes sense from his perspective. If the woman is tainted by jizz, then he must have finished. I would assume the opposite is correct as well. But he sounds like someone who's not remotely interested in his partner's pleasure, so he wouldn't need to worry about that.

Also, ewwwwwwww. What a jackass.

17 minutes ago, PianoPounder said:

That actually sounds like it makes sense from his perspective. If the woman is tainted by jizz, then he must have finished. I would assume the opposite is correct as well. But he sounds like someone who's not remotely interested in his partner's pleasure, so he wouldn't need to worry about that.

Also, ewwwwwwww. What a jackass.

Yeah, I doubt he'd care if a woman got pleasure. He also signed up for a Jane Austen class in college in order to meet women. That didn't work out to well for him. I'm guessing everyone saw right through him. His beliefs about semen living forever inside a woman forever also says a lot about the inadequate sex ed we got. He's such an asshole. I did have fun once in high school by putting a spare sanitary pad in his backpack when he wasn't looking :pb_lol:

Did anyone else pick up on Jinger's bit of attitude about Jill asking her if she is preggers?  Definately more fuel for the fire about a possible sibling issue there.  

Here is the conversation I would love to see:

Jill:  So, are you pregnant yet?

Jinger:  My sex life is none of your business.

Come on Jing....you can do it!  Set this boundry with your family, please?  And, please do it on camera so something will be interesting.

23 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Hell, even JESUS gets a souvenir license plate in NYC. Me? Nope.

Can't think of souvenir license plates without thinking of this MLB commercial from a few years back.

In less than a year, people would have gone to three Duggar wedding within one year. I wonder how can all those bigs families afford that?

I am in the "How can you be so cruel to a child?" camp with Spurge's name. I grew up with a name that is cause for hysterical laughter in English. A great-Aunt was named Michaela (think Dr. Quinn Medicine  Woman) and her family called her Mikey for short. That is until her Irish husband-to-be put his foot down and told her that her name was going to be Mary. Period. I suspect Mikey was too close to Mickey or MIck which wasn't always the most polite name for Irish-Americans. To be fair he changed his highly Irish first name to Bill, so they both changed their names for ease in living in the US.

Meanwhile my exes second wife named their son something out of Eastern Europe that in English sounds like a vitamin commercial. It honestly makes Spurgeon sound half normal. It will be brutal on that kid when he reaches school. He will be in public school, not home schooled or growing up in the equal to Little Italy or Chinatown etc.... where there would be lots of other kids from the same ethnic group around him. This little boy has a more average middle name in honor of someone he and his mom never met. So I am hoping he will chose to go with some variation on his middle name come junior high or high school. His mother will have many fits over such a change but I hope for his sake he goes with his middle name. Same goes for Spurgeon.

14 hours ago, sj3339sta said:

Did anyone else pick up on Jinger's bit of attitude about Jill asking her if she is preggers?  Definately more fuel for the fire about a possible sibling issue there.  

Here is the conversation I would love to see:

Jill:  So, are you pregnant yet?

Jinger:  My sex life is none of your business.

Come on Jing....you can do it!  Set this boundry with your family, please?  And, please do it on camera so something will be interesting.

I noticed that too, there is definitely some tension there between Jill and Jinger. And it was really obvious when Jessa was talking just how much she misses Jinger... she probably can't wait to see the back of Jill. 

I started watching Counting On for the first time (and I haven't watched since 19 Kids) and my god, I had forgotten just how boring their lives are. They try to make them "interesting" for the cameras, but there's not a whole lot of material they have to work with. 

I used to think that Austin/Joy wasn't a bad combo, but watching her try to find so many outfits that HE would like really turned me off of him. 

On 6/22/2017 at 9:26 AM, mpheels said:

It would be feasible to fit 6 kids in the back of an SUV with two rows of passenger seating, especially since Mack and Michael are old enough to be in booster seats. Izzy if old/big enough for a forward facing seat. She would need rear facing for Meredith and Henry for sure, and hopefully also still using rear facing for Spurgeon.

Meredith's older than Spurgeon, I would hope they are both still rear-faced. I don't put much faith in the Duggars to know current carseat guidelines from the AAP or anything. I assume they just follow the exact letter of the law and probably flipped front facing at exactly one year. Currently most car seat guidelines recommend rear-facing to at least two years, regardless of weight, but I think only 3 states have rear-facing till 2 as law. Most are 1 year, and a lot of parents just flip on the first birthday because it's easier, and because it's easy not to realize that the laws don't keep up with the cutting edge safety recs as well as you'd wish.

1 hour ago, viii said:

I started watching Counting On for the first time (and I haven't watched since 19 Kids) and my god, I had forgotten just how boring their lives are. They try to make them "interesting" for the cameras, but there's not a whole lot of material they have to work with

This. I saw some entertainment website talking about Monday's episode and whether of not Jinger in pregnant (of course, it says 'tune in to find out'). If that conversation was Jinger's first video chat with her sisters since the wedding, it would've been 6-7 months ago. If she were pregnant when that was recorded, she'd probably be showing by now.

That being said, I'd love to see Jinger tell Jill to mind her own damn business.

10 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

That being said, I'd love to see Jinger tell Jill to mind her own damn business.

With  Jessa as protective as she is of Jinger, I'd love to see Jessa throw down with Jill. 

I'm sorry, I just can't stand Jill. Jill, throughout her childhood, has always had a holier-than-thou attitude and it's unflattering. Remember Jill all but scolding Jinger like a naughty child for wanting to live out in a big city? 

1 hour ago, Honeysuckle said:

Meredith's older than Spurgeon, I would hope they are both still rear-faced. I don't put much faith in the Duggars to know current carseat guidelines from the AAP or anything. I assume they just follow the exact letter of the law and probably flipped front facing at exactly one year. Currently most car seat guidelines recommend rear-facing to at least two years, regardless of weight, but I think only 3 states have rear-facing till 2 as law. Most are 1 year, and a lot of parents just flip on the first birthday because it's easier, and because it's easy not to realize that the laws don't keep up with the cutting edge safety recs as well as you'd wish.

There needs to be more education for carseat safety. Just a quick overview in the hospital and booklet with pictures on the dos and don'ts of carseat safety. If I hadn't seen moms get ripped apart on social media/ message boards, then I wouldn't have learned how to properly put my kids in their carseats, or made sure to learn the laws on my state for carseat safety. I was one of those moms that had the chest clips too low on my daughter sometimes. It seems like most moms learn too late, and then get defensive when you give them helpful, life saving information. It's almost like they won't correct simple mistakes just to spite whoever corrects them. 

2 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

With  Jessa as protective as she is of Jinger, I'd love to see Jessa throw down with Jill. 

I'm sorry, I just can't stand Jill. Jill, throughout her childhood, has always had a holier-than-thou attitude and it's unflattering. Remember Jill all but scolding Jinger like a naughty child for wanting to live out in a big city? 

Jill was likely made that way due to a combination of nature and nurture -

Jill strikes me as someone who is naturally a people pleaser who does well when given a set of rules to follow. Adding those natural inclinations (which I truly believe her parents took full advantage of) to her parents' insistence on absolute obedience... well, you get a young woman who is already mid-air before her parents even finish telling her to jump. It makes absolute sense to me that she would have "scolded"* Jinger the way she did given her upbringing. I mean, they're purposely raised to keep each other in line and to rat each other out when they mess up - in their world, Jill did nothing wrong and everything right by acting that way towards Jinger.

I absolutely get how people find her obnoxious, but I can't help pitying her. She was the victim of a sexual assault by her brother, was failed in so many ways by pretty much every adult in her life, and her parents emotionally manipulated her into raising her younger siblings and running their house for them. She's one of the few Duggars to show any sort of interest in furthering her education (and yes, her Midwife studies do count as do her Spanish lessons), yet she's been denied a decent education and a supportive family willing to cultivate that interest.

She's a full-fledged adult now and is entirely responsible for her words and actions since marrying... but no matter how annoying she may be, I personally will always have sympathy for her due to the abuse she's endured her entire life. 

(*I put scolded in quotations because it's a subjective term. I respect your opinion, but I don't really see her as having scolded Jinger in that clip - scolding to me implies more heat and anger, whereas Jill sounded more like she was just reminding Jinger about accepting God's will. :pb_rollseyes: Lame either way.)

ETA: Not trying to sound argumentative. Your post just got me thinking. :) 

Not to mention Jill seemed to have drawn the short end of the stick in the husband department. Not that any of them are stellar, but hers seems a bit more off to me.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived