IGNORED

Dillards 31: Grifting, Lying, and Allergies

Coconut Flan

To derail the discussion...

There were some missionaries at my church last night. They are in El Salvador...now, BEFORE they went, they spent a year on deputation and another YEAR in language school so when they got there, they'd be about fluent in Spanish. They've been there a few years now (I forget the name of the city though)...and, with other missionaries, they have built a school (K-12), a medical clinic that is staffed by another missionary and his wife (who specifically chose to serve a medical mission...he's an MD, she's an RN). and are involved in building/rebuilding houses. 

DerJill never bothered to put any effort into doing something worthwhile...

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Seriously - hier often can you go to this place without it getting boring?

4 hours ago, nst said:

she can fan herself looking out for all her buddies while the real people looking after them are out of camera range.

Of course - how silly of me! ;) ...straight to the prayer closet & I shall write 100 lines: I will not apply regular people logic to the Dillards.

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

I was referring more to walking around at one all day, although maybe she's walking to bring labor?

I did some rides at a theme park but they were okayed by the theme park for pregnant women.

You're right - I forgot that part (my littlest survivor is eleven this year and all of mine were preemies).

I suppose we ought to be glad she's not doing that around supermarkets looking for free groceries...

They probably have season passes:  http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Tickets/Season-Passes

We used to buy GryffindorDisappointment a season pass to our nearest Six Flags. It cost us about the same as two regular admission tickets, and she could go at any time, take friends on "buddy days," and use the water park.

That's a true missionary!  And I'm sure all of that was hard work.  It really showcases how the Dullards are basically leaches there.  They provide nothing of benefit.  Wait, my mistake.... forgot about the banana bread.

Trying to get to know/recognize the younger ones; can someone list who's on the right side of this pic?

8 hours ago, nst said:

it must have been the day before because Jana was with the Seewalds pretending not to be in Jessa's vicinity 

Jana must need a calendar to where to hang out at. 

Jana went to Ohio with the Seewalds? Is there a pic?

37 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Trying to get to know/recognize the younger ones; can someone list who's on the right side of this pic?

Josie is wearing pink. Jennifer is in the blue striped dress. Johanna (Hannie) is wearing the pink shirt and blue skirt (side note - shit! She really did get tall!)

Not sure about the other two girls. I want to say the one on the far right is Mack (SmugAnna's eldest.) I can't tell who the girl with the hat is though. I'd guess Jordyn, but I can't tell.

Yeah my guess is Jana, Jordyn, Jennie, Josie, Hannie, someone and Macky. 

And yeah Jill is huge. Like last time. Personally I think it's gorgeous but in her case it probably means another 9 pound boy. The TDF blog said she still had some weeks to go, but early July is almost here so I guess she's 38 weeks now? 

@AntipatriarchHere are the younger Duggar daughters:

Spoiler

IMG_8716.thumb.JPG.8ccac7ca52cfcd6f2b4957bd15d8b33f.JPG

Johannah (solid pink shirt) is the eldest of the four younger daughters. I believe she was one of Jinger's buddies. Born October 11, 2005 - so she turns 12 this fall.

Jennifer (pink and white hearts shirt) is the second eldest and was Jill's youngest buddy. She appears to have been very attached to Jill. She was born August 2, 2007 and will turn 10 this year.

IMG_8724.JPG.8e4e7604f8be114bcb8065771d0c606f.JPG

Jordyn (pink shirt) is the second youngest. She was in Jessa's buddy group. She was born December 18, 2008 and turns 9 this year.

Josie (floral shirt) is the youngest surviving Duggar child. She's often referred to as the Miracle child on here - mostly because her parents often over emphasized her extremely premature birth to promote bans on abortion (she was born at 25 weeks gestation and weighed about 1 pound 6 ounces; I believe she was actually due in March 2010.) She was Jana's buddy, but Michelle seems to have paid her more attention than the other kids. She was born December 10, 2009 and will be 8 this year.

The younger Duggar sons:

Spoiler

IMG_8738.PNG.2790489b6ced212aada95f32aa99eab2.PNG

Jedidiah and Jeremiah. Don't bother figuring out which is which - I'm pretty sure no one actually knows, including the Duggars. They were born December 30, 1998 and will turn 19 this winter.

IMG_8741.JPG.38832c5a3b00b9930a17bebf8a1eab60.JPG

Jason (maybe?) was born April 21, 2000 and is 17 years old. No clue about buddy groups, though he was likely part of one. He resembles Josiah.

IMG_8740.PNG.c46602c0ff56ea7a3d595ffd1d3db056.PNG

James was the only male in Jill's buddy group and he spent a good amount of time with her and Hippy Jesus during their first year of marriage. Cousin Amy has joked a lot about how James is her secret child because they look very similar. He was born July 7, 2001 and will be 16 this year. 

IMG_8739.PNG.7029bc8a2a7981e2b3a379e83f913716.PNG

Justin, who is clearly the best Duggar because he appreciates just how wonderful pizza is. His buddy was likely Jessa or Jinger. He was born on November 15, 2002 and will turn 15 this year.

IMG_8742.PNG.d3ef729a698ecd1fc84c3550facf7351.PNG

Jackson was the first Duggar born during filming (14 Children and whatever.) He was born May 23, 2004 and is 13.

I thought Johanna looked tall at Joy's wedding, but with the older sisters who aren't very tall, it didn't seem weird... but seeing her next to the 3 younger girls is such a stark contrast. She really shot up. 

Oh my, Jill definetley carries them babies big.

I hoped for her that the next child wouldn't be so big but I guess she's going to carry big in general. 

Samuel is ready to pop out any minute!

Every time I see a picture of poor Jordyn I just wanna snatch her take her home with me. I don't even want children!

Anybody else have a Duggar they'd just like to adopt? 

9 hours ago, feministxtian said:

DerJill never bothered to put any effort into doing something worthwhile...

None of the Duggars, except JD ever have.

I get it with the Duggars...JB tree and all those apples, but what about the males, who are now purported headships? How did they all seemingly get dumb and lazy once they became attached to the Duggar parasite?

22 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

Every time I see a picture of poor Jordyn I just wanna snatch her take her home with me. I don't even want children!

Jennie, Jordyn, and pretty much all the minor Duggars who aren't already turning into douchebags. :pb_lol:

27 minutes ago, KelseyAnn said:

I'd love to adopt Jenni, take her to Germany and show her all the possibilities she has in life aside from being a baby machine. I'd give her all my attention and make her feel special every day :)

On 2017-06-21 at 11:39 PM, LittleOwl said:

I'm feeling nauseous.  It could be the heatwave or it could be that every suggested video on my YouTube it the "All about Jill" episode.  Not sure  :pb_rollseyes:

That might be a sign you're watching way to many Duggar videos. 

On 2017-06-23 at 1:26 AM, FleeJanaFree said:

Embarrassing truth moment: I didn't have my first kiss til I was 21! I am no fundie, extremely liberal.

He was not worth the wait. Not at all. Just get that awkward moment over in middle school, folks, so it doesn't hang over your head.

I had mine at 17 and it was very much worth what I at the time thought was a horribly long wait but now as an adult realise wasn't actually a wait at all ... oh to be a crazy teenager again and think that everything is all about you and that you know everything ...

I mean for like an hour or so just to really understand how much better life is now. :)

I am on the fence as to whether I want children or not, but I'd gladly take Johannah, Jenni and Jordyn, fix their educations and save them from the inevitable 'future wife and baby machine' training they are about to start getting. They deserve so much better! 

I believe the woman on the right side of that photo is Laura DeMasie, Joy's "wedding planner."

somebody correct me if im wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Seculardaisy said:

I believe the woman on the right side of that photo is Laura DeMasie, Joy's "wedding planner."

somebody correct me if im wrong. 

I think you're right. 

Maybe if Jana puts off getting married for long enough, she and Laura will be allowed to rent a house together and actually live their lives. 

Silver Dollar City is an amusement park, right? So the kids are probably running around all day, climbing in and out of rides etc... and they decided that flip-flops would be a good choice of footwear for the kids? Even Izzy seems to be wearing them (can't tell for sure, though) and Josie's look like they are at least one size too big...

I just recently came out of lurkdom and don't comment much on the Duggars' appearance but Josie's flip-flops caught my eye immediately. With all those piles of shoes we saw in the last episode(s) of Counting On, don't tell me they could not find anything sensible for them! :my_huh:

They said in their long-ago first book that  they buy season passes to Silver Dollar City every year. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the sort of deal where you can renew at a lower price than new customers. Probably a group rate too.

19 minutes ago, DillyDally said:

Silver Dollar City is an amusement park, right? So the kids are probably running around all day, climbing in and out of rides etc... and they decided that flip-flops would be a good choice of footwear for the kids? Even Izzy seems to be wearing them (can't tell for sure, though) and Josie's look like they are at least one size too big...

I just recently came out of lurkdom and don't comment much on the Duggars' appearance but Josie's flip-flops caught my eye immediately. With all those piles of shoes we saw in the last episode(s) of Counting On, don't tell me they could not find anything sensible for them! :my_huh:

Izzy does appear to be wearing flip flops as well, and you're right, Josie's flip flops look huge! In general, there seems to be an epidemic of small children wearing flip flops. I think it's because they're cheap and essentially disposable (the flip flops, not the kids) - never mind that they're uncomfortable and cumbersome for toddlers who are still mastering walking. :pb_rollseyes: 

Anecdotally, I just went to our local zoo with a friend and her 3 year old - jelly sandals were the choice of the day. That child has never been comfortable in those godawful things that seem to rub off the first layer of skin after taking 10 steps. For whatever reason, my friend is absolutely committed to her child wearing jellies or slide-on sandals that seem to cause her to trip over her feet.  My friend even told me how her daughter hates those shoes (but they go better with her summer clothes than sneakers so.....:roll::pb_rollseyes::puke-front:).  

Getting back to the Duggars...I could see how some of the little girls might want to wear flip flops to emulate their older sisters. I do, however, think it's more than likely that flip flops are just cheap and the Duggars have their heads for far up their butts they don't see the impracticality of them. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived