IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

No actually the Duggars posted something on the official Facebook page along the lines of "weeping when others weep" and that they were praying for the Orlando victims (it pisses me off because its majorly hypocritical to be extremely homophobic/queerphobic/transphobic and then be "weeping for victims" when violence is perpetuated against them. The Orlando attack was also partly racially motivated because most victims were black and brown)

They've gotten flack from commenters in the past for being unaware so for about over a year they've consistently post their condolences for (Western) terror attacks.

Thanks for the correction!! After 2 kids and a boatload of weed my memory is sometimes hazy !

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

How could they not write anything their fellow Christians who were murdered during a bible study?

Well, ahem, there was something a bit different about those Christians... :my_confused:

(But seriously, good for Ben. Who would have thought he would turn out to be the best Duggar husband so far?)

5 hours ago, subsaharanafrica said:

Is this what Jill posted? Because that is John Piper. He's not their pastor and he's not a pastor at Cross Church. He's a pretty well known Reform conservative Evangelical somewhere in the upper Midwest. His books are really popular among the more mainstream Evangelical crowd. 

As @Antipatriarchpointed out, the link included in my post was from Jessa - I specified it was from Jessa right above the link. I did not include the one from Jill because the video isn't available anymore due to her post linking to what had been a live feed of the service. 

2 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

No actually the Duggars posted something on the official Facebook page along the lines of "weeping when others weep" and that they were praying for the Orlando victims (it pisses me off because its majorly hypocritical to be extremely homophobic/queerphobic/transphobic and then be "weeping for victims" when violence is perpetuated against them. The Orlando attack was also partly racially motivated because most victims were black and brown)

They've gotten flack from commenters in the past for being unaware so for about over a year they've consistently post their condolences for (Western) terror attacks.

Yeah, none of them get any credit from me for saying anything about Pulse. Their disgusting beliefs have helped create a dangerous environment for LGBTQ people in this country. If they truly cared they'd shut the fuck up with their homophobic and Transphobic bullshit.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, VineHeart137 said:

I don't think he was necessarily preaching AGAINST cancer research, I think his point was that sin is just as big a problem as cancer so we should be just as focused on the problem of sin as we are on cancer. At least that's how I took it.

Sounds like Germie doesn't subscribe to John Wesley's emphasis on sanctification.  (The believer's glass is half full.) Germie's sermon appears to reference Jonathon Edward's "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."  (The believer's glass is half empty.)

24 minutes ago, Drala said:

Sounds like Germie doesn't subscribe to John Wesley's emphasis on sanctification.  (The believer's glass is half full.) Germie's sermon appears to reference Jonathon Edward's "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."  (The believer's glass is half empty.)

Of course Jeremy doesn't subscribe to John Wesley's teachings. Wesley was only 1.5 steps removed from the ebil pagan Catholics. 

I admit to having a soft spot for Ben. He is very young and bound to say and do stupid things as young people often do. But he appears generally good-natured, and it seems his mind isn't entirely closed (yet). So there is hope.

If Jeremy helps Jinger break away from the family, that is something. But other than that, I don't find him likable in any way. Derick - let's not even go there.

Bouncing off what @MadameOvary said; I think  Jeremy is older and set in his ways. This is as good as it get for him. I do think it is a major life improvement for jinger but I dont expect anything other than very conservative Christian values with maybe a few less rules and regulations. However, Ben and Jessa are both young. Jessa is the stubborn one of the family  and seems to be able to hold her own opinions while barely toeing the line. Ben I don't think is naturally closed minded. I think it will be a very slow drawn out process but over time I think they could branch out quite a bit. Always religious, but I could see them letting their kids have more normal lives and listening to different types of music. I think jessa actually is turning out  to be the best mom so far IMO. In earlier episodes I thought she seemed like she felt like the sister mom business was BS and i could see her trying to be better than that. 

Derek is just an ass now and while I started out with a lot of hope for him he just keeps getting worse.

I just finished listening to Jeremy blab on about stuff.

Regarding the Catholic one a couple of thoughts.

1. Religion in any form is a personal decision, not everyone is going to want to be Catholic and it's great his parents had the choice to find a religion that worked for them. I couldn't tell from all the talking if they were just telling their story or trying to convince people to NOT be Catholic. If they were, they didn't do a good job. 

2. Kind of confused on the rules. Yeah Catholics have rules but oddly enough they don't seem nearly has strict as the Duggars have.  Maybe the extremely devote Catholics but I was raised Catholic and felt I had tons of choices on what I wanted to pursue, wear, live. 

3. Playing the violin was bad for her, in most places if you don't use your God given talents, it is a "sin."

4. If they truly believe this, then I can kind of understand them wanting to save so many people because they want people to get to heaven. It is obviously very narrow minded but if that is what they believe then I can do the mental gymnastics to understand that one. 

The other video.

1. What in the world?!? Do people go and leave or should they stay. Talk about major mixed messages. My goodness.

Ok those are my thoughts!

On 6/13/2017 at 5:54 PM, Coconut Flan said:

CPMs are not licensed to do anything in Arkansas.  She HAS to be licensed by the state to practice any form of medicine even delivering babies.  She has not done so ergo the CPM is basically useless to her in Arkansas.  She obtained a qualification that does not qualify her to practice midwifery anywhere she has lived.

This is confusing to me because I read this page http://narm.org and it seems to disagree with you even if only slightly.

Then, I read this: 

"But interest in midwifery — a highly educated class of health professionals specializing in home-based prenatal,  delivery and post partum care — continues to rise. CNM's, or Certified Nurse Midwives, are allowed to practice in medical centers and homes in every state in the country, but fewer than 30 states license CPM's--Certified Professional Midwives.

There are just 27 CPM's, also referred to as licensed lay midwives, practicing in Arkansas. They delivered 250 babies in 2015.  "

http://arkansaspublicmedia.org/post/arkansas-midwives-face-new-regulatory-restrictions

I have a hard time believing her CPM was not worth the certificate it was printed on. I understand it may be invalid at this moment.

My question about her being banned was never answered. If Jill was not banned from practicing Midwifery that means she has an opportunity to right her wrongs. Furthermore, if she wanted to, she could further build on the work she has already started in the field. 

This means Jill can get paid to work in the field. She may not be eligible to do the medical portion at this moment for various reasons. However, if needed to she could get out there and hustle. She can answer phones or do clerical work in a private practice or maybe in a hospital until she straightened out her CPM issue because she does have background in the field. That was my point. My point is she and Derrick (as a combo) have the most professional skills out of the group. Doesn't make them better. Just means they have done some work out in the real world so to speak.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:27 PM, CreatedToBeACritic said:

I actually think Ben did take some of the criticism to heart, I remember him tweeting about something very liberal and supporting it, though I'm not sure what it was. Someone else, a self-identified Christian, commented that it wasn't something Ben should be promoting.  I know very vague, I'm sorry! I just explicitly remember being surprised he supported something liberal. Of everyone Bessa seems the most 'free' couple but who knows what goes on behind closed doors!

If I recall correctly, Ben said something supporting the Black Lives Matter movement. He has also posted a picture of Obama and requested for people to pray for him because was was the president at the time and he posted a Bible verse about respecting your leaders.

His friend Flame (the Christian rapper) might have opened his eyes. I hope they continue to be friends. 

Meanwhile, Derick's mom tweeted that he is boycotting the NFL until football player Colin Kaepernick is fired for his protest supporting Black Lives during the National Anthem.

29 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

I have a hard time believing her CPM was not worth the certificate it was printed on. I understand it may be invalid at this moment.

Well, she can't work in Arkansas so that's why it's useless. She's not likely to live anywhere else in the US and she can't work in Arkansas, hence not worth the paper it was printed on. 

12 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

My question about her being banned was never answered. If Jill was not banned from practicing Midwifery that means she has an opportunity to right her wrongs. Furthermore, if she wanted to, she could further build on the work she has already started in the field. 

This means Jill can get paid to work in the field. She may not be eligible to do the medical portion at this moment for various reasons. However, if needed to she could get out there and hustle. She can answer phones or do clerical work in a private practice or maybe in a hospital until she straightened out her CPM issue because she does have background in the field. That was my point. My point is she and Derrick (as a combo) have the most professional skills out of the group. Doesn't make them better. Just means they have done some work out in the real world so to speak.

Jill's NARM certification is worth something. It qualifies her to work as a midwife in several states. Arkansas is not one of those states because she has not completed the requirements to be licensed by the state. She does need the NARM to be licensed in Arkansas BUT she also needs to successfully complete her apprenticeship and pass the Arkansas Midwife Regulations exam. As far as we know Jill has not been banned from practicing midwifery in Arkansas. It appears that Jill's apprenticeship under Venessa Giron is not going to qualify since Venessa lost her license; we don't know if the births attended under Joy Coonfield and Shelley Wasson could still count towards the apprenticeship.

This is the official state page with links to the currently licensed midwives, the currently licensed apprentices, the current regulations and draft versions of new regulations. 

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Pages/LayMidwifery.aspx

Given Jill's connection to Venessa and the malpractice suit, I suspect that she would have difficultly being hired by a hospital or private practice. She might have better luck working as a doula/birth coach.

Let's start a poll. Who here would want or would hire Jill to attend their home birth as a CPM?  SassyPants, says no.

1 hour ago, TatiFish9 said:

This means Jill can get paid to work in the field. She may not be eligible to do the medical portion at this moment for various reasons. However, if needed to she could get out there and hustle. She can answer phones or do clerical work in a private practice or maybe in a hospital until she straightened out her CPM issue because she does have background in the field.

Jill is not licensed in Arkansas.  She can take any midwife exam she wants and she still cannot practice as a midwife in any form in AR and be legal until she is licensed by the state of Arkansas.

With her involvement with the legal mess of her mentor - she was present when a mother was denied hospital transport for her obviously ill newborn (according to the mother) she might have to redo all of her hours.  I don't know what she would have to do to resolve her situation.  As far as doing clerical work she could have done that without any midwifery training.  If she does anything listed under midwifery practice in Arkansas as she is currently unlicensed she can be prosecuted.  I don't think Jill ever expected to practice midwifery after she was married anyway.  It was something to do until Derick came along. 

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Let's start a poll. Who here would want or would hire Jill to attend their home birth as a CPM?  

Keep her far, far away from me and mine.  She made a huge botched mess of her only delivery so far so I wouldn't trust her to attend a hamster.

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Let's start a poll. Who here would want or would hire Jill to attend their home birth as a CPM?  SassyPants, says no.

I also say no. 

I wouldn't let Jill deliver me of (or from) anything.

I would not want Jill as at either end of my delivery.  Not as a doula and certainly not as a midwife.

43 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Jill's NARM certification is worth something. It qualifies her to work as a midwife in several states. Arkansas is not one of those states because she has not completed the requirements to be licensed by the state. She does need the NARM to be licensed in Arkansas BUT she also needs to successfully complete her apprenticeship and pass the Arkansas Midwife Regulations exam. As far as we know Jill has not been banned from practicing midwifery in Arkansas. It appears that Jill's apprenticeship under Venessa Giron is not going to qualify since Venessa lost her license; we don't know if the births attended under Joy Coonfield and Shelley Wasson could still count towards the apprenticeship.

This is the official state page with links to the currently licensed midwives, the currently licensed apprentices, the current regulations and draft versions of new regulations. 

http://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/programsServices/familyHealth/WomensHealth/Pages/LayMidwifery.aspx

Given Jill's connection to Venessa and the malpractice suit, I suspect that she would have difficultly being hired by a hospital or private practice. She might have better luck working as a doula/birth coach.

Thank you.  Jill said she passed CPM testing as well. There are many professions where someone has their initial qualification but need to complete xyz to receive and maintain licensure. 

The point is, she has the paper which she earned fairly. She has the experience. She may need to reapply, get more/new training, etc. but she still has the paper per her account.

At this point the conversation is becoming circular. The only confirmation is that she is currently not licensed to practice in AR. That fact does not disprove my overarching point. Jill has professional experience. *If* she wants to, she can build on it. She could also get work in the field.

It really is totally moot as Jill herself has shown zero sign or inclination to practice midwifery since before Izzie was born.  It's completely up to her to take care of getting licensed and she's to all appearances done nothing to further that since she was pregnant with Izzie.

I don't know Arkansas or NARM rules,  but in many fields that don't include deciding if someone is in a life or death situation, testing expires.  

For example, I took passed the Federal and State written tests to be a Mortgage Loan Officer.  I had a certificate issued by the testing entity stating that fact.

But, I needed to do other things to work in the field. I needed a  FBI criminal background check, fingerprints plus arranging a credit report.  All of these needed to be reviewed by NY Dept of Banking.   There was an expiration date on the validity of the testing, so if all the other components were not completed, reviewed and approved within the time frame, I would have to study and redo the testing.  Even though I had over 20 years of practical experience in the field, I would need to update the paper work.  

IF, IF, IF- I was an nicu nurse for 35 years, and IF I went to medical school, and pediatric residency and neonatal fellowship, and passed the boards, I could be a neonatologist.

IF, IF, IF...the sky's the limit, except if you're a Duggar spawn, and especially a female Duggar spawn.

I have  greater chance of being a neonatologist (no chance at all), than Jill has of being a certified midwife any time soon.

RE: the adult kids financial situation

I saw Jim Bob is worth 3.5million. I am not sure where this information comes from but it would be great if TLC released the net worth of the individuals in the family or at least announced their pay by episode. That would cut down on the speculation. I know it's a different network but I've seen various housewives salaries listed. I guess it's not important in the scheme of things.

41 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Jill said she passed CPM testing as well.

The NARM exam is the CPM testing.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I wouldn't let Jill deliver me of (or from) anything.

You have me replaying Rev. Richard Coles first QI appearance now - on the subject of exorcism: "Of course we call it deliverance now. Rather like the takeaway man on the moped".

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

It really is totally moot as Jill herself has shown zero sign or inclination to practice midwifery since before Izzie was born.  It's completely up to her to take care of getting licensed and she's to all appearances done nothing to further that since she was pregnant with Izzie.

Jill took the NARM exam when Izzy was an infant so she has shown a little career aspiration as a mother. All the back and forth to Central America, raising a toddler and being pregnant again is probably preventing her from seriously pursuing a career at this time. And it might never happen.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived