IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jinger has natural wave to her hair so a wavy bob in hot Texas wouldn't be that hard for her to deal with every day. And I think it would look great on her facial shape: 

IMG_3208.JPG

I disagree jingers hair is way too thin for this. I think Jessa should do this and she has the face for it.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, snickers34 said:

I've never understood their logic on this. They seem to always announce things before it airs. Isn't that the opposite of building suspense? Like wouldn't it make more sense to just say they have a HUUUUGE announcement, & tune in to learn more? I mean that would drive us all even more nuts of course, but just seems counter intuitive...

I could be wrong but I think it is to ensure people will watch for the details. True we know what has happened, but we do not necessarily see the logistics until the show airs.

I personally prefer to see/learn it all together, but TLC doesn't care enough about my feelings. lol

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I disagree jingers hair is way too thin for this. I think Jessa should do this and she has the face for it

I don't think her hair is as thick as the model but I do think her hair would appear thicker if she cute it like this. I remember chopping my hair off and it made it look so thick. I couldn't believe it.

Oddly enough I never remember my hair ever being  an issue. My mom picked my hair style til I told her what I preferred around age 9 or 10 ( my mom kept it longish and always put it up or had it braided). Then she was like whatever it's not my hair and took me to great clips twice a year and I picked something from that catalog they use to hand you lol. Once before picture day at school at once at the beginning of summer so I wouldn't be hot. My grandma on the other hand loved my hair because it "grows really fast and always looks healthy" so she had a fit anytime it was cut lol 

DWreck is apprehensive because SintralMurica is dangerous.

So, he thinks he'll take his preggers wife and toddler there to save those Catholics. 

I just can't even think about this.

And Jeremy works at his holy books 30-40 hours a week. Again to save those pesky unsaved Catholics. 

I just never knew this before, really and find it unbelievable. 

So my mom wasn't the only hair bitch. My sister and I always had to have short hair, because she wasn't dealing with it.  She's given up nagging me about my hair, because she knows it is pointless. Right now my hair is long, the only time it was longer was in my early 20's and away from her. Its out of control honestly it is 1/2 down my back curly gray/brown/bleached mess.  I know it bugs her I'm 46 and she thinks that it too old to have long hair. 

Ben looks older than Austin to me, but sure enough, he is younger.

If Jeremy wasn't talking about the Dillards he could have easily mentioned that he has family that spread the word about Jesus in CA. I'm just assuming he didn't though. I'm not watching that. I have better things to do with two hours.

I think a lot of us was hoping Jeremy would be slightly better then the other inlaws and the Duggars themselves. We are on Free Jinger after all. I'm disapointed but not surprised. 

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So my mom wasn't the only hair bitch. My sister and I always had to have short hair, because she wasn't dealing with it.  She's given up nagging me about my hair, because she knows it is pointless. Right now my hair is long, the only time it was longer was in my early 20's and away from her. Its out of control honestly it is 1/2 down my back curly gray/brown/bleached mess.  I know it bugs her I'm 46 and she thinks that it too old to have long hair. 

My late mother in law felt the same way about long hair on middle-aged women.  I am not sure where that idea came from. Come to think of it, I never saw a picture of her with long hair at any age.   I like long hair but mine won't grow long. I tried 5 years ago, it didn't look good.

One of my favorite memories of visiting  my Mema is driving her the hour to walmart, her getting excited at pineapples being on sale and asking if I could cut them up so she could give some to all of her friends and she said, "Well if you know how to cut a pineapple you should know you need a haircut. If your parents won't put their foot down, I will."

.....but they were danger pineapples, turns out she knew a lot of eligible Godly men in her area who absolutely loved pineapple and we should fellowship with. I was fifteen or sixteen at the time and she wasn't abashed at all that she thought I should get married and come live near her over being half a country away. Preferably to the nice Mennonite baker she sat next to at church. So I had summer love with strawberry bread.   

As I typed that I just realized how supremely weird it is that my first kiss was with a widower almost twice my age. :my_huh:

We see all this talk about fundamentalists being very anti-Catholic , anti-everything not fundamentalist and Jeremy's sermons about it, but when the Mennonite church burned down in her little town her church (devout Southern Baptist) opened their doors right up to share space and help them rebuild. I don't get the sense Jeremy (or GCC) would do the same without trying to convert. There'd be no 8 am Mennonite service, 10 am Baptist service, fellowship for whoever in the hall. 

When I was fourteen I was home alone and bored one day so I shaved the sides of my head. In my defence, it was the 80s and that whole Flock of Seagulls long-on-top thing was going on. My mother's reaction: "Um, that's lovely; it'll be nice and cool for the summer...." Said with a straight face before her and dad left the room and, with hindsight, probably collapsed with with laughter in the kitchen...

The hair grew back (as it tends to) and when I was eighteen and bored again I dyed my waist-length hair from light brown to jet black. My mother's reaction: "Lovely! Makes your green eyes really pop!"

Two years later my hair was purple for a couple of years, then black again, then brown. To celebrate turning thirty I got it chopped to my shoulders and dyed it screaming red. My mothers reactions on all occasions: "Gorgeous! It's lovely to do something different!"

I'm now 46 years old and have copper curls hanging down past my bra strap. My darling mama will be dead ten years in September and never got to see the current 'do' but I know exactly what her reaction would have been - the same uncritical love and confidence-boosting that she greeted everything else I did with my look.

The older I get, the more I realise how wise she was. I see my friends rowing with their teenage daughters about hair/clothes/makeup and I want to beg them to stop! Crazy clothes, crazy hair; what does it matter? The clothes end up in the laundry basket at the end of the day, the makeup gets washed off, the hair will grow back and it's NEVER worth a falling out.

Save your bullets for the battles that matter, I say. My mama wasn't shy about making her feelings known on the inappropriate boyfriends or the college choices or the crazier holiday plans. But because she wasn't always on my case about the petty stuff, I paid more attention to her when she did speak out!

:my_heart:

When my mother was young, girls had long hair until they were teenagers. Then they switched to shorter hairstyles and slept in those awful pink plastic rollers. 

My little sister and I have always had long hair and my mother used to nag us about it.  I showed her some magazine covers in the 90s with my hairstyle at the time and she finally changed her mind. :)

I still have long hair and I love it. I can blow dry it or let it air dry. No pink curlers needed. 

I use to have long hair. My mother has curly hair and could never get it to grow long. Since I was 8 (I am now 36) I have had shorter hair. 

RE: Jill and Jinger

Can someone please fill me in on Jill and Jinger? I keep seeing around that they're having problems but nothing is quoted for a source of this belief.

I did notice Jill had a little cry in her voice when mentioning Jinger last night. I also noticed last season something that I found to be a point of interest, but not sure if it hints at anything.

At Jingers paint party, Jill& D made a portrait of Jinjer that seemed to mock them in certain ways. I thought it was odd that the Dills painted Jinjer's faces without eyes and with brown skin. Also, I noticed they kept joking and laughing to themselves about it. I also don't think Jinger was feeling it. But I can't be 100% sure because she will respond positively no matter what the case. Outside of that, I never really noticed tension between those too. 

Did I miss something?

9 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Can someone please fill me in on Jill and Jinger? I keep seeing around that they're having problems but nothing is quoted for a source of this belief

I believe it stems from a sermon Jinger's husband gave that criticized missionaries who aren't doing much good and it seemed to hint at Jill and Derick and their fake "mission work" in central America. There is also the fact that they don't follow each other on Instagram (I think) that hints at a dislike of each other.

Don't fundie churches teach that the world needs many kinds of workers? Rich men, poor men, preacher men, thief, doctor, lawyer, Indian Chief? I know the Duggar's brand of religion lacks common sense, but come on. 1) Someone in the family needs to have a paying job, and a really decent one if the family is going to let God decide on the # of blessings procreated. 2) Not everyone in society, even in religious society, can be a preacher. Didn't the Duggars or any of their ILs see Fiddler on the Roof? 

Derick, you studied accounting and have a degree, go get a job in your field of study. Ben, you have a business degree- explore a specialty and either get a job, or get back to school and get your Bachelor's degree. Jeremy- if you want to read books for 40 hours a week, get back to divinity school and do what it really takes to become a preacher.

Use some common sense Duggars et al!!!!!!

5 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Save your bullets for the battles that matter, I say. My mama wasn't shy about making her feelings known on the inappropriate boyfriends or the college choices or the crazier holiday plans. But because she wasn't always on my case about the petty stuff, I paid more attention to her when she did speak out!

:my_heart:

This is the kind of mother I wished I had, and the kind I hope my kids remember me being.  I constantly remind myself to pick my battles. While my daughter and I are alike in many ways we are vastly different in others and we but heads about it a LOT, but I've learned I made her into this head strong independent young woman for a reason, I just didn't think I'd do such a good job at it. LOL! 

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

1) Someone in the family needs to have a paying job, and a really decent one if the family is going to let God decide on the # of blessings procreated. 2) Not everyone in society, even in religious society, can be a preacher.

I think these exact thoughts constantly. It is so unbelievably unrealistic to think that a preaching husband with no real degree and a stay-at-home-wife is the answer to supporting a mega family, or any family really. It still takes money to raise a family, even a "godly" family. 

1 minute ago, infooverload said:

What was Jeremy ' s reason for preaching against cancer research?

Because sin is a bigger problem? I'm not sure. :my_confused:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived