IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Jeremy has had sermons about anti-Catholicism and quite possibly anti-Derick style missionarying. 

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jeremy has had sermons about anti-Catholicism and quite possibly anti-Derick style missionarying. 

Don't forget the anti cancer and aids research sermon!

@fluffernutter: My guess is Jeremy(and the rest of the family want the Dillard to stay in the US. Jill seems miserable. I think she really believed that they would stay in the US if she got pregnant.

My second theory:  Jeremy is trying to convince everyone that he is different than his in laws. He preached that pants on women was fine(but he added that women should be careful about how they dress). I wouldn't be surprised if his next sermon is " You don't have to have 100 children for the Lord, but birth control is evil"

My last theory: They are trying to get us to watch their show?

57 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

@fluffernutter

My last theory: They are trying to get us to watch their show?

Who's show now?  Who are the people that will be on it, is it still just the girls?   Ive been away from the board for the last few months and I don't know the latest. Except about the lawsuit and that Josh joined it now, but they're really going to keep the show going with that stuff going on in the background??

@MadeItOut, you comment on the last Jinger thread about reading something as "secret sauce" reminded me of the famous scene in Fried Green Tomatoes where Idgy serves the sheriff the special barbecue that Sipsey made after she hit Ruth's abusive husband in the head with a cast iron skillet.  "The secret's in the sauce".

15 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@MadeItOut, you comment on the last Jinger thread about reading something as "secret sauce" reminded me of the famous scene in Fried Green Tomatoes where Idgy serves the sheriff the special barbecue that Sipsey made after she hit Ruth's abusive husband in the head with a cast iron skillet.  "The secret's in the sauce".

Off topic, but my 17 year old son is a real movie nerd and every so often I treat him to a classic that I know he's not watched. It's getting hard to think of good ones - that is going straight on the shopping list. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@PennySycamore  I was about to post about this movie it is one of the greatest.   Have you read the book?

Quick clarification point w/r/t Jeremy's shade from the last thread: 

Jeremy talks about people not being supported by a church. The Dullards were commissioned (or whatever it's called) by a church.

The Dullards were NOT commissioned by Derick's church. Neither Jill nor Derick have the training that the SBC requires. Ronnie "blessed" them, nothing more. If they have a sending church, it would be Caldwell's church, but Derelict has never acknowledged them in his writings.

@onekidanddone,  I have read the book!  It's great and goes into much more about Ruth And Idgie.  It makes it clear that Ruth and Idgie were lovers whereas the movie skirts around that. 

@Kak sorry to be so slow getting back to you. I'm on vacation. Colin Dexter was a great teacher. He was quite a small man. He used to play field hockey with the 6th form girls during games. He started to go deaf in my last year of school.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@onekidanddone,  I have read the book!  It's great and goes into much more about Ruth And Idgie.  It makes it clear that Ruth and Idgie were lovers whereas the movie skirts around that. 

I loveeee the book! The movie was great but oh the book! Definitely a recommendation! :) 

9 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Is this where Jinger and Jeremy live now? It's in need of repairs.

Screenshot_20170611-204402.png

I think it's Jeremy's Church.

Yes, that's the church. They were still in their apartment not long ago when they made a video for someone's birthday. 

12 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Is this where Jinger and Jeremy live now? It's in need of repairs.

It looks like it is missing gutters?

42 minutes ago, Palindrome said:

Jinger looks so young in that photo! 

And what the heck is she wearing? It looks like a long sleeved, turtle neck body suit with a dress over it. In June in south Texas? Yikes.

9 hours ago, Purrl said:

And what the heck is she wearing? It looks like a long sleeved, turtle neck body suit with a dress over it. In June in south Texas? Yikes.

I think it is short sleeved, look at her arm closest to Jeremy's mother. Still, that looks warm with all those dark colors in such hot climate. I live in Northern Sweden which today offers 10*C (50*F). I would still consider that too much. The dress and tights might work though.

1 hour ago, elliha said:

I think it is short sleeved, look at her arm closest to Jeremy's mother. Still, that looks warm with all those dark colors in such hot climate. I live in Northern Sweden which today offers 10*C (50*F). I would still consider that too much. The dress and tights might work though.

Ah...just hearing about 50* temps makes me feel better! Love Sweden!

Folks, I do believe she's wearing a sleeveless dress, similar to the elder Mrs.Vuolo's, over a short sleeved top! Layers! Now I feel worse again. Dislike Texas summers.  

Jinger does look younger. Maybe she enjoys having some space, and not having to share her clothes.

I think it was shared here before but I think Jeremy did not appreciate DWrecks antics at his wedding processional.  Who would, it's so tacky.  Just a thought.  Maybe he already had issues and that pushed him even more.

I think she's still learning how to dress herself. I mean - with real choices and options.

Maybe she is someone who gets cold easily? Yesterday it was 86 degrees out but we had the central air running so in the house I was under a blanket. I also usually bring a sweater with me wherever we go in summer in case the place is freezing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived