IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

27 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Wasn't Lawson Bates just in Nashville, too? Omg, imagine if Lawson and Amy were collaborating on something? Bwahahaha!

Per his Instagram stories he was there last night. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

According to instagram Amy, her mom, Grandma Mary and Michelle went on a girls trip to Nashville. 

This can't be right! What if Jim Bob wants some "Hey, Hey, Hey"? Anyone can make him back sandwich, but only Michelle can "please him".

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Wasn't Lawson Bates just in Nashville, too? Omg, imagine if Lawson and Amy were collaborating on something? Bwahahaha!

My ears are clogging up in protest! :P 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gillyweed said:

If only Jana got to go with them...

Do Jana and Amy get along? Which cousins did Amy used to hang out with?

Amy was closest with Joy, I think . I fee like the J'Slaves always lowkey looked down on her. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Oh look, it's Amy being 'free-spirited' but not at all understanding her white privilege or the reality of police brutality in this country.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

tumblr_owx5axg1cG1r8mb1io1_500.jpg

IIRC, Dillon once captioned an Instagram post with "Make America Great Again" (can't be bothered to find it now.

Just because Amy's less conservative than her cult-like family, doesn't mean she's not problematic as hell or a little bigoted. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 8

"I love all the races except marathons..." That is just so fucking flippant. I know it's supposed to be funny but seriously, saying something like that when there is so much inequality and oppression is ridiculous. It's not a joke Amy, it's people's lives. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 7

At the very least, it looks like a lot of people are calling Amy and Derick out about it. I honestly don't think either of them will learn a damn thing, but at least they aren't getting constant validation for their idiocy. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

So women need to be refined and not seek fame or fortune. I wonder how she justifies her Marriage Boot camp appearance. Was that for Jebus?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

So women need to be refined and not seek fame or fortune. I wonder how she justifies her Marriage Boot camp appearance. Was that for Jebus?

Clearly, it's to show that they are not perfect. They are down to earth normal people, who are nothing like the Duggars. But everything is for Jesus. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 7

I love the unapologetic anti-racism here. I haven't looked at Amy's Tupac post in a few days, but when I did, more criticism seemed to be coming from her advertising a worldly (read: black) artist, but if people are calling out the flippancy in regards to racism too, then great. 

It pains me to admit it, but part of me does think she's less bad than her cousins on the racism front, athough it's hard to see nuance past pro-trump behavior. These days, I'm wondering if I should even voice these types of thoughts.

Finally... who is that Tupac shirt even marketed to?? Are mainstream Christian women big on Proverbs 31? I've only seen fundies care about it.

• Upvote 3

I don’t even understand Amy’s shirt. Is the Proverbs 31 Woman at the top of the scale and Tupac at the bottom? Sort of a 10 to 1 scale? Are we all supposed to revere the Proverbs woman and Tupac? What does one have to do with another?

Also, as a black woman, I have never understand why a rapper or athlete is always used to represent us, whether it be in a good or bad light. It’s as though the only thing we can do well involves entertainment or sports and therefore have no other heroes. It also highly annoys me because I grew up during the years of Tupac, Biggie, Snoop and even as far back as NWA, yet I never listened to any of them unless a song just came on the radio because their music was not my thing. Yet, I am supposed to feel some type of connection because they are black and therefore I can relate. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

Screenshot_2017-10-11-20-27-47-1.thumb.png.fa08ab1862b6220437e162db38f723f1.png

Amy throwing shade at her cousins...maybe trouble in paradise? Or just tired of people asking her when she is going to get pregnant? 

Probably the most sensible thing a Duggar has said. 

• Upvote 8

By her own logic and rationale, I'm not sure Amy and her husband are ever going to be ready to have kids. How many more 'Marriage Boot Camp's is it going to take to give them that strong foundation? :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, singsingsing said:

By her own logic and rationale, I'm not sure Amy and her husband are ever going to be ready to have kids. How many more 'Marriage Boot Camp's is it going to take to give them that strong foundation? :pb_rollseyes:

While that is true, I am really glad and give her major props for realizing that they are not ready to have kids. I wish her cousins were as self-aware.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 2

Ok, I need help with the Amy+Dillon marriage (big ups to the poster who recapped their whole special)....but what kinds of problems are they having/did they have? I can't say that I'm shocked there were problems (if I recall correctly, there were some hints of trouble pre-knot tying but I'm not 100% on that). 

I really used to like Amy. She was a Duggar I could relate to in a less painful/awkward way. But I feel like she changed from "different but equal cousin hanging in the background" to "HEYYYYYY! Look at MEEEEE!" and I just don't think that looks good on anyone. Plus, she's kind of a hot mess in a lot of other ways. Whether she has always been and it was hidden or whether it's a new thing for her, I don't know. Maybe someone can help me out.

• Upvote 2

I don't even know where to start with that mess of a shirt. 

Amy, why is the man who wrote these lyrics at the bottom?

"And since we all came from a woman
Got our name from a woman and our game from a woman
I wonder why we take from our women
Why we rape our women — do we hate our women?
I think it's time to kill for our women
Time to heal our women, be real to our women
And if we don't we'll have a race of babies
That will hate the ladies that make the babies
And since a man can't make one
He has no right to tell a woman when and where to create one
So will the real men get up?
I know you're fed up, ladies, but keep ya head up"

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

On 10/12/2017 at 6:52 PM, CorruptionInc. said:

Amy, if you have to say the statement "I'm not racist"; guess what? YOU ARE. :kitty-cussing:

Where did she say this? I can't find it.

• 3 months later...

Amy still throwing shade at her cousins. I imagine the "When are y'all gonna have a baby?" question gets old fast around there. 

Her Tweet:

Love +marriage = baby carriage.
Hmm... 
How about love +marriage = TRAVEL, quality time with your man, making memories and building a strong marriage so you can you can be a great example for your children! It's ok to take your time! 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic