IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 29 - A Very Inappropriate Lawsuit

Coconut Flan

Also, one of the boys said his jurisdiction was the boys bathroom. Which must be a lie, because Jessa said she LOVES!!!11!1!11! cleaning because it's FUN!!!1!1! to help out. Except when she has to clean around the boys toilet. Why oh why was that poor little girl responsible for cleaning around a toilet that several little boys probably missed. This actually made me really sad for her.

Smash the patriarchy! 

I have 4 brothers. We didn't have jurisdictions but we did have weekly chores that rotated. Re chores were washing dishes all week, drying dishes all week, vacuuming, dusting and cleaning the bathrooms. I hated cleaning the bathrooms because boys.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On July 6, 2017 at 3:25 AM, kacarlton said:

I hated cleaning the bathrooms because boys.

In Germany men are often encouraged (or told in no uncertain terms) to sit down to pee.  I think this is the best idea ever. 

3 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

In Germany men are often encouraged (or told in no uncertain terms) to sit down to pee.  I think this is the best idea ever. 

It also makes Steve Anderson apoplectic!! hence his pissing preacher monicker! Real men pisseth up walls!!

On 7/3/2017 at 8:00 AM, Antipatriarch said:

What's even worse about Costco is that they move everything around from time to time. I talked to a stocker about it one day; it's an intentional corporate strategy. They aren't catering to convenience store type shopping where you dash in and grab your bread eggs and milk; they want people to walk the whole store, and notice new stuff they're offering.

I hate shopping, and I want to run down my list and get in and out as fast as possible. So I just love it when it's Saturday and you can hardly move for all the people crowded around the product demo stations, and you get to play where'd-they-move-the-bread-now. :annoyed:

People who treat grocery stores like an experience to be had drive me insane and I had that stores cater to that behavior. I hate getting stuck behind someone just moseying about!

i do most of my shopping at Costco and this drives me bonkers. The 6-pack of unsweetened almond milk has literally never been in the same place. But dang, it saves me a lot of money so I keep going.

When we first married, my straight from his mother who used to iron his undies, husband tried to do a load of washing.

No separating whites from coloureds and we got grey as a result.  He looked at me and said 'you will never let me do the washing again.' I replied ' it just means you need more practice.'

After nearly 30 years together he can do anything I can do around the house, but I make better mashed potato.   :my_biggrin:

According to Pickles, Josh has a new lawsuit. Same complaint, just on his own rather than tagging along with his sisters.

On 7.7.2017 at 10:22 AM, lumpentheologie said:

I am in Germany and have 3 boys....the only time they pee standing up , is in "public" places, like restaurants, the movies, on trains etc.  At home or at friends places they sit down . I am known for making my sons friends clean my bathroom if I catch them standing while peeing :evil-laugh:

36 minutes ago, NanisBlessing said:

I am in Germany and have 3 boys....the only time they pee standing up , is in "public" places, like restaurants, the movies, on trains etc.  At home or at friends places they sit down . I am known for making my sons friends clean my bathroom if I catch them standing while peeing :evil-laugh:

Haha, I feel like if your sons' friends make a mess with their urine, they should definitely wipe it up instead of leaving the drips on the rim to dry. It's just polite!  My MIL is a task master and made her 3 boys (and husband) learn to pee as much in the toilet as possible, clean up any stray drips, and put the toilet seat AND lid down. This is one of the few areas where I've learned to appreciate her controlling ways since the only time we have pee drips on our toilet is when we have guests over. 

On 7/7/2017 at 5:28 AM, jerkit said:

People who treat grocery stores like an experience to be had drive me insane and I had that stores cater to that behavior. I hate getting stuck behind someone just moseying about!

i do most of my shopping at Costco and this drives me bonkers. The 6-pack of unsweetened almond milk has literally never been in the same place. But dang, it saves me a lot of money so I keep going.

Word. I loathe grocery shopping and have it down to a science. I can get 2 weeks worth of groceries in 1/2 hour. The worst is when my husband goes along. He can take 1/2 hour just looking at damn cheese. 

5 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Word. I loathe grocery shopping and have it down to a science. I can get 2 weeks worth of groceries in 1/2 hour. The worst is when my husband goes along. He can take 1/2 hour just looking at damn cheese. 

Good Lord, you've just described all three of my sisters. Shopping for one item can turn into an hour ordeal and it drives me insane. Especially so since they seem to only give me a few minutes in the book store. 

I do as little shopping as humanly possible in stores.. I will shop online.

My sister, however, LOVES shopping. So last time we were at her Super Duper Deluxe Huge WalMart, I got into one of their electronic carts and drove myself around. If not, my knees would have given out in ten minutes. We spent nearly an hour in there and she had a wonderful time.

I doubt Josh had to hire 24 hour security due to death threats. Sticking a dummy in a police vehicle daddy owns doesn't count.

52 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I doubt Josh had to hire 24 hour security due to death threats. Sticking a dummy in a police vehicle daddy owns doesn't count.

Now now. Josh is an ass, but there's no need to tease poor John-David :pb_lol:

Has anyone seen the actual motion to dismiss in the girls law suit?  Have answers been filed?  

I'm actually shocked he is going forward with this, it will stay in the news, more information will come out. I can't see it ending well for any of them.  

I also feel sorry for Jill this came out the day her son was born.

49 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I also feel sorry for Jill this came out the day her son was born.

You assume that the Duggars care about anyone besides the All Mighty Dollar. They only take feelings into account if it will make them $$$$.

10 hours ago, albanuadh_1 said:

According to Pickles, Josh has a new lawsuit. Same complaint, just on his own rather than tagging along with his sisters.

There's a Fark thread about that today, based on an Inquistr article.

His face seems to be shrinking into the middle.

Was I just saying the other day we should be kinder about their appearances? I can't count him, at least at present.

I have some very choice words to express my feelings regarding Josh filing a lawsuit.  Oh.My.God.  Dear Rufus-- are you effing kidding me?????????????

That Pickles post and subsequent comments with WOMEN DEFENDING him -- just about put me into orbit.  I'm still ready to lose my shitz.

Been trying to read about baby Dillweed on my phone.  Either FJ is breaking the internetz again ... or my brand-new phone already needs replacing.  Maybe it's telling me to step away from the madness.  
*backs into corner with pillow and blankie*

I saw the one woman defend him then get all pissy when people called her out on it. I really hate to say it but I hope the defense attorneys use have a field day doing depositions. Break it all open for the world to see and send their purity tower crashing into oblivion. 

On 7/9/2017 at 1:05 AM, Shadoewolf said:

I saw the one woman defend him then get all pissy when people called her out on it. I really hate to say it but I hope the defense attorneys use have a field day doing depositions. Break it all open for the world to see and send their purity tower crashing into oblivion. 

They are, I actually hope that we get quotes of the depositions in motions and that we are able to learn more of what on earth is going on.  Thats just from the point of view that I want to understand these people.

Mostly I hope that the depositions plant a seed of questioning in their heads. Its possible...

On 7/8/2017 at 7:01 PM, backyard sylph said:

There's a Fark thread about that today, based on an Inquistr article.

His face seems to be shrinking into the middle.

Was I just saying the other day we should be kinder about their appearances? I can't count him, at least at present.

Fark is where I learned about FJ. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what is happening with these law suits?  Has the motion to dismiss been opposed?  Has Josh's suit been answered?  Does anyone have access to the docket or a pacer account and can find out?  I'm surprised how quiet this has been and assume there is more information somewhere.  

6 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Does anyone know what is happening with these law suits?  Has the motion to dismiss been opposed?  Has Josh's suit been answered?  Does anyone have access to the docket or a pacer account and can find out?  I'm surprised how quiet this has been and assume there is more information somewhere.  

They still have lots of time to oppose and it's normal to give an extension or two of extra time is asked for. It's going to be a lot of waiting with months between having things to discuss. If it goes to trial and appeals we are looking at years before things are finished. 

17 hours ago, sunshine said:

I would love to be in the room to see Josh's thought process that he thinks he honestly has a case.

This is why I'm trying to keep up with it, the pleadings are the closest we are likely to get to this.

On 7/19/2017 at 9:27 PM, sunshine said:

I would love to be in the room to see Josh's thought process that he thinks he honestly has a case.

Josh withdrew his motion to intervene so hopefully someone explained why he has no case to him.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived