IGNORED

Duggar Real Estate 1

Taylurker

Scrubbed this because someone mentioned that something I saw could be from the previous owners and not updated records. Nevermind. :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if they have another blessing soon, where will they put the little tyke? There must be a larger plan. Now that they own it, they can sell it? To buy a bigger house? This is a mystery that needs to be solved 

Maybe they plan to add on to this one?

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

Maybe they plan to add on to this one?

I thought of that. But I don't know what the other houses mentioned look like. I watch HGTV and am such an expert. Given that real estate is not that high there, adding on might be more expensive than moving to a larger place. Why am I thinking about this.

I thought of that. But I don't know what the other houses mentioned look like. I watch HGTV and am such an expert. Given that real estate is not that high there, adding on might be more expensive than moving to a larger place. Why am I thinking about this.

Lol I don't know but I am too. As you said before, it is a mystery!

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/07/2017 at 6:50 AM, 2manyKidzzz said:

My mum watches those flip programs when my dad goes out. If I happen to be visiting I don't mind watching them with her. They do such cool things with houses.

In Australia we have a "reality" show called the block. It is an absolute joke. The teams on the show do hardly any of the work, it is done by tradies who don't get paid in money, but "exposure".

The last time scouts from the block came to my work (we are tradies) my boss kindly told them to F off. We can't work for nothing!

I think that the older kids who were crammed into 3 ro 4 high bunk beds in 8x10 rooms will absolutely NOT want to do that to their children.  They all loved the space of that big house; luxury vs poverty tends to grow on people.

And I don't blame them for that.  Two kids in a room is plenty, if they can't have their own rooms.  No reason to skip if you don't have to. 

On 19.7.2017 at 4:45 PM, SapphireSlytherin said:

Why she's jealous of Jinger/Jeremy having a mortgage is beyond me. 

Are we positive they have a mortgage? Seems like breaking an awfully important Duggar rule... Would Jeremy go that far after probably vowing to never borrow a dime from anyone for anything at any time in that famous pre-engagement questionnaire?

3 hours ago, prayawaythefundie said:

Are we positive they have a mortgage?

Whether they have a mortgage has been discussed a lot. I think most of us assume they do, unless one of them had rat-holed a ton of money.

5 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Whether they have a mortgage has been discussed a lot. I think most of us assume they do, unless one of them had rat-holed a ton of money.

Public Records {through the recorders office} show a Mortgage in Jinger & Jeremy's name through a local Texas Based lender.

I'm curious to see where you guys find these property owner records and info? I've been trying to find them for a while with little luck... I even searched the recorders office but I'm not sure if I did it right! Will a kind soul help me out please?

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

I'm curious to see where you guys find these property owner records and info? I've been trying to find them for a while with little luck... I even searched the recorders office but I'm not sure if I did it right! Will a kind soul help me out please?

Nope. I'm not going to post how to find it, here. I don't want to be responsible for some lurking yahoo who might have ill intentions against these people. 

I think Jessa's little house is actually pretty cute.  They did a good job with the updating of it.  I could see why she would be happy there for awhile.  It seems like it is on a good sized lot, so maybe adding on would work.  There is a whole crew of unemployed Duggar boys who could help build a master bedroom/bath addition.  That would give them space for a few more kids before having to move out to a bigger home altogether.  While Jessa likely remembers the lack of privacy from the small house, she also probably remembers having to help clean that huge TTH monstrosity.  So in her shoes, I could see sticking it out in a smaller house as long as practical for her family size.  Plus,  she can take her kids to the TTH for toys and play and keep her little place fairly neat and orderly.  Her kitchen looks to be a decent size, especially for someone who doesn't do much cooking. 

How did Ben and Jess's buy Grandma Mary's house? They don't do debt but I'll be damned if they have $100k under the mattress. Mortgage like J&J or a gift? 

The flipping houses reminds me of a TV programme here called Homes Under the Hammer. It's classic BBC daytime TV that I got addicted to during maternity leave. Basically houses are bought at auction (mostly used for house repossessions or a quick sale as part of a deceased's estate) and turned around to rent out or sell. It's strangely addictive viewing mostly due to the music used during the show: Martin will mention the kitchen being good for parties and they'll play Jona Lewie as the camera pans across a truly awful 70s type kitchen with cupboards hanging of the wall.

10 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

How did Ben and Jess's buy Grandma Mary's house? They don't do debt but I'll be damned if they have $100k under the mattress. Mortgage like J&J or a gift? 

3 years worth of shows, speaking engagements and people articles seems more than enough

14 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

It's possible they did something like what my husband's Grand Parents did for us.  They did a Quit Claim Deed that showed they gave us the property for a sum of $1.00.  They had almost 3 acres of land and as they got older it was harder and harder for them to maintain.  My husband spent a lot of time helping them keep up with the maintenance and yard work and his grandfather really wanted him to have the land.  A few years before they passed away they deeded the property to us but they continued to live there until they died.

A little research shows that Arkansas has a similar option called a Warranty Deed so maybe Grandma Mary just signed it over to them in a similar fashion.

On 8/15/2017 at 11:22 PM, FeministFunPolice said:

I don't think that Jessa and Ben are hurting for money, especially for 2 people who don't really have traditional jobs. 

I think that Jessa probably makes decent money from the shows.  The first year of CO, was Jill and Jessa, counting on, so chances are they made a bigger slice of that pie.  In the subsequent seasons, it was expanded beyond Jill and Jessa, but Jessa tends to get the most screen time, and if it is based on screen time, she still probably makes a good amount.  She probably makes 10K or so for her speaking engagements.  And, they have been living there rent free since they married.  So they have not had monthly rent, and it seems as if they are always driving some used cars that JB probably lets them use until he is ready to sell them.    So really their monthly expenses might include utilities, unless those are covered by JB,  and groceries, which knowing how much Jessa does not cook, is probably not much.  I think they probably eat at the TTH a few times / week.  They may have health or life insurance to pay into, but again, I bet they are covered by some sort of group plan that JB has through his business.   We see from Jessa's wardrobe on TV that she wears the shame ugly brown skirt most of the time, so I doubt she is spending a ton on clothes.  Her biggest luxury expense is probably her make up and hair care items. Ben is a t-shirt and jeans or shorts guy, so again, not expensive.  Much of their travel has likely been covered as business travel because they promote locations, or do speeches, etc. 

I think all of the adult kids are fine with money.  Now, if they remain fine, who knows.  If they lost the show, or if another big scandal rocked the family reputation enough that it would damage all of JB's network of businesses,  then maybe they would be impacted, but I think JB has them woven into various businesses that he runs, etc and they are fine. And I imagine he has taught the kids how to grift and skirt ethics well enough to start and stop businesses, to keep them afloat. 

And remember many of their social circle exist in similar ways.  The Bates family has their grifting and trading for services kind of life and likely others they hang out with do as well.  Probably few are as successful as JB has been, but it feels to me that this kind of method to making money in their cult is a common as shaming children for masturbating. 

• 4 months later...

Have there been any updates on the estate front lately? What distance is Joy's fixer upper to the TTH? Where is Joe's house? Where does Turd reside? Im so curious!

On 8/13/2017 at 12:48 PM, FreeCalifornia said:

Public Records {through the recorders office} show a Mortgage in Jinger & Jeremy's name through a local Texas Based lender.

Wow! This really surprised me, considering how much JB preaches about going into debt. I'm sure he didn't like this. Plus I figured that Jinger probably just had the money from the show. I know it's divided amongst a ton of ppl and we don't know how much, but I always figured the older ones had to have like $100-200k from it. Pure speculation.

6 hours ago, Jaeniduggar said:

Have there been any updates on the estate front lately? What distance is Joy's fixer upper to the TTH? Where is Joe's house? Where does Turd reside? Im so curious!

Joy and Austin are about 30-40 minutes away from the TTH and the same distance from his parents. We don't know where Joe and Kendra are living yet. Josh and Anna are in the Siloam Springs house- the fixer upper they purchased just before coming back from DC, although it has been transferred to an LLC.

59 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Joy and Austin are about 30-40 minutes away from the TTH and the same distance from his parents. We don't know where Joe and Kendra are living yet. Josh and Anna are in the Siloam Springs house- the fixer upper they purchased just before coming back from DC, although it has been transferred to an LLC.

During the wedding episode I think it was implied Joe and Kendra were living on the Duggar Property or nearby. One of the boys said he would be practically nextdoor or something along those likes (don’t remember the exact quote).

2 hours ago, FreeCalifornia said:

During the wedding episode I think it was implied Joe and Kendra were living on the Duggar Property or nearby. One of the boys said he would be practically nextdoor or something along those likes (don’t remember the exact quote).

I don't watch the show so I don't know what was mentioned. My suspicion was that they were living in the log house (owned by Grandma) that was moved to the TTH property but the Duggars own a ton of rental properties and Joe and Kendra could be living in any of them. 

• 6 months later...

So as of May 22nd, for $5,000, Joe and Kendra now own a piece of land in Benton County that was previously a Duggar property. I wonder if they'll build a house on the show.

Did Joy and Austin flip the house they started off with? It looks like they don't own it anymore. I thought they were keeping that one. Hmm. Recently, they were laying down gravel for another house.
Edit - Found it. It sold on June 20th

Archived