IGNORED

Denver Post writer celebrates Takuma Sato winning Indy 500 with douche-nozzlerly

47of74

Denver Post reporter Terry Frei celebrated Takuma Sato - the first Japanese man to win the Indy 500 - with a spectacular, career derailing piece of douche-nozzlery which got him canned from said Denver Post.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/05/terry-frei-tweet-indy-500-takuma-sato-denver-post

Takuma Sato knew how much his Indianapolis 500 victory meant to his Japanese fans. “This is going to be mega-big,” the driver said Sunday. “A lot of the Japanese fans are following the IndyCar Series and many, many flew over for the Indianapolis 500. We showed the great result today and I am very proud of it.”

But for Terry Frei, an award-winning sports writer for The Denver Post, all that celebration meant nothing. Frei hopped on Twitter to express his discomfort with seeing a Japanese man win America’s most prestigious auto race.

Frei’s explanation was about what Memorial Day and, by extension, the Indianapolis 500, mean to him. His story of his father leaving for the war and losing friends along the way was something many Americans can relate to.

But Frei also lost sight of the true history of the Indianapolis 500. The race predates not only World War II, but also World War I. The first Indy 500 was in 1911, and the idea was to create a race for the world to come compete in. That 1911 field included drivers from all over Europe, as well as an Australian driver who failed to qualify. By 1913, three of the top five finishers were from Europe.

My Grandpa fought in WW II too but I don't use that as an excuse to be a douche nozzle like this guy did.

How long until the orange tapeworm taps Frei to take over for Spicer?

Archived