IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of the clips. I will try to find it. I think it was the one with the girls moving chairs or the one before or after it.

And the fact that they still have the buddy system with a young kid in charge of younger kids speaks volumes about JB and Michelle's utter failure at parenting.  They've got so many kids and this is the last batch (so to speak).  You'd think they'd be able to handle it by now.  Ridiculous.

I would imagine that Jana has plenty of horror stories she could tell about growing up in that sick environment.  I wouldn't wish that lifestyle on any body.  "Family values", "loving children", "living morally" my ass.  JB and Michelle are complete failures as human beings, and even as kind people. 

It also speaks volumes that Josh stopped being placed in the buddy role years ago.  

So if Johanna is in charge of the girls now, what exactly is Jana's purpose? Is she relegated to Grandma Duggar status and is simply locked away in the laundry room till they need a legal-aged babysitter?

I am relieved that Jill/Jessa/Jinger/Joy weren't forced to include Josh in their bridal party, but weren't all the sisters bridesmaids for Josh?? After he assaulted them??? Joy is so close to Josh in this picture...JB and Michelle were/are so concerned about their precious show, and not their victimized daughters! 

storymaker-josh-and-anna-wedding-pictures5-515x363-1.jpg

7 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Doubt it. That would require belief that they have personal agency &/or intrinsic value.

The girls get a practical exam from Jichelle that includes large volume Tater Tot Casserole making and questions about joyful availability. The candidate must also chart her cycles on the Duggar family calendar during the courtship period to prove her intention of making babies.

As for thinking about all of Josh's victims being in his wedding party. Seriously icky.

6 hours ago, neurogirl said:

I am relieved that Jill/Jessa/Jinger/Joy weren't forced to include Josh in their bridal party, but weren't all the sisters bridesmaids for Josh?? After he assaulted them???

I would assume they were definitely forced to do it - they were younger then, and if JB/Michelle told them they had to, they had too, with shining joyful countenances.  The patriarchal aspect of their cult does at least mean that while a daughter saying to her father "I don't want him in my wedding party" could be over-ruled, because the groomsmen are traditionally more of the groom's picks, there'd be a great excuse of "my future headship says no"

17 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I also wonder what sister's from the Duggars that she'll have as bridesmaids. I know Joy for one, but since we haven't really seen her interact with the duggar girls yet, I'm curious.

I'd hope that Jinger would be one considering how close she and Joe are/were.... I hope they still have a close friendship, that seemed to be such a genuine, loving sibling relationship.

I'm hoping at least one of the Duggar siblings has a really small wedding party with no siblings, perhaps a friend each. They always get group family photos at weddings anyway. 

2 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

I'd hope that Jinger would be one considering how close she and Joe are/were.... I hope they still have a close friendship, that seemed to be such a genuine, loving sibling relationship.

I'd hope so too, though Jinger did not have Joe in her wedding party, It's understandable that Jeremy wouldn't include him as a groomsman if they're not close, esp since Jeremy is such a social dude with a lot of friends it seems, but I just thought that was a teensy bit sad for Joe lol...

2 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I'd hope so too, though Jinger did not have Joe in her wedding party, It's understandable that Jeremy wouldn't include him as a groomsman if they're not close, esp since Jeremy is such a social dude with a lot of friends it seems, but I just thought that was a teensy bit sad for Joe lol...

Yeah, but at the same time. Jinger included his sister. He could've accommodated her by including her favorite brother, IMO. 

Duggars and manners don't belong in the same sentence.

12 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

though Jinger did not have Joe in her wedding party,

Yes, I always thought it was strange they had JD and not Joe after all the hype (I felt) they made about Jing and Joe being so close. 

On another note, I wonder if Jessa ever feels bad she's the only sister to not include Anna as a bridesmaid? I thought Jinger or Joy might not have her, but Jana definitely will so literally Jessa is the only one who left her out.

12 minutes ago, Berty K said:

Yes, I always thought it was strange they had JD and not Joe after all the hype (I felt) they made about Jing and Joe being so close. 

On another note, I wonder if Jessa ever feels bad she's the only sister to not include Anna as a bridesmaid? I thought Jinger or Joy might not have her, but Jana definitely will so literally Jessa is the only one who left her out.

I thought if any of JInger's brother's would be in Jeremy's wedding party it would be Joe but seeing JD's interaction with Jeremy at the wedding it makes sense that it's him.  They're close in age and had a nice rapport.

After the scandal and Anna moving into the girls dorm I can see how Anna became closer to all the sisters.  Makes sense that the sisters who married after the scandal felt closer to her and included her while Jessa who's wedding was pre-scandal didn't. 

Potentially between Jeremy and Joe there could be a difficulty at this end of the relationship. Joe may well resent him for 'taking' his favourite sister - especially so far away, while Jeremy has had really very little time to know so many people to a deep degree and could be forgiven if somehow in the mêlée their extra specially close connection didn't stand out to him. Particularly if Joe did, as it appeared, give him a hard time. They may well not manage to bond properly until a year or so down the line when both men are fathers and as secure in themselves as it's possible to be. Then they stand a chance of understanding each other.

I assumed JD had to fly Jeremy back to Arkansas quite a bit and that's why he was there, but it's almost sad from a Joe POV. Unless he did resent him a bit, or Jeremy didn't like how close he and Jinger were. 

It will be interesting to see which of the Duggar girls Kendra will include. I'm guessing Joy since they are close in age and Joy had Kendra as a bridesmaid. I'm not sure about Jill or Jessa because I'm guessing in the fundie world that must seem ages older then Kendra. Add in the fact that Jill is in SCA, I don't think Jill will be included. Jana and Jinger, I'm not sure about. As it was stated Jinger and Joe were close, but that doesn't all seem to mean anything. Toss up for sure. 

The biggest question is, will Josie have a super special crown again? :P 

Personally I don't find it that strange that Joe wasn't a groomsman. I think a lot of couples go with the closest friends/family members of the groom for him and the closest friends of the bride for her. When a family member is picked from the future in-laws, I think it's usually whoever is closest to them as a friend. JD is much closer in age to Jeremy and they may have spent more time together. And it doesn't stop Joe and Jinger being close. It's not a slight if you look at it that way.

2 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

Personally I don't find it that strange that Joe wasn't a groomsman. I think a lot of couples go with the closest friends/family members of the groom for him and the closest friends of the bride for her. When a family member is picked from the future in-laws, I think it's usually whoever is closest to them as a friend. JD is much closer in age to Jeremy and they may have spent more time together. And it doesn't stop Joe and Jinger being close. It's not a slight if you look at it that way.

This is so true and I totally get that, especially in the normal world. but fundie weddings are so huge anyways, Jeremy could've included Jinger's (supposed) favorite brother, esp since Jinger had Valerie Vuolo as a bridesmaid...

that by no means implies any sort of problem/discord between Jeremy and Joe. I just thought it was weird. haha.

Didn't JD have knowledge if the courtship in the beginning? It's possible that he bonded with Jeremy and Joe didn't try. I think Jinger and Joe were close but she might have also been close to JD. 

Maybe the whole "being so close, brother-sister bond" was just exaggerated, like so many things in this show?

On 5/29/2017 at 10:12 PM, Mela99 said:

Verrrrry curious to see how much TLC will spend on a Duggar son. 

They didnt spend much on Joshly.  Unless Kendra turns over the reigns I dont see it being a big deal, like the engagement at an event they were already filming.  The humpers dont know Kendra and arent emotionally invested in her dress, her story, etc.  I dont know that they care too much about Joe, either.  His wedding will be one episode in the season of Jessa and Jill's babies.

I don't think TLC gave Smuggy anything. In that book Anna said most people form the church volunteered to help/give them things. 

And I sincerely doubt JB and OfJB kicked in a dime what with that 'leave and cleave' crap. They'll probably put all the costs on the Cauldwells. 

18 hours ago, Berty K said:

I wonder if Jessa ever feels bad she's the only sister to not include Anna as a bridesmaid? I thought Jinger or Joy might not have her, but Jana definitely will so literally Jessa is the only one who left her out.

My only thought on that is, Ben had more sisters than Jeremy and Austin who had 1 each. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived