IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

Joe, if I remember correctly, cried when talking about Josh and his scandals. I don't think that he will have Josh as a groomsman. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

BUT at least she waited nearly 4 years before she had a kid.

We know none of her children will be using evil birth control though :-/

I would love to sit in on the negotiation with JB and Kendra's dad regarding the wedding. Does Kendra get a free wedding dress? Will we see Kendra make each of her bridesmaid's dresses?

I also wonder what sister's from the Duggars that she'll have as bridesmaids. I know Joy for one, but since we haven't really seen her interact with the duggar girls yet, I'm curious.

15 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

AND JOSIE. 

Don't forget Josie! I envision that she will  shape up to be a professional flower girl extraordinaire under Michelle's tutelage! (and shameless promotion)

:(

If Duggar females were allowed to work they'd rent Josie out for other Godly weddings.     Extra for the hair wreath that lights up

32 minutes ago, sunshine said:

I would love to sit in on the negotiation with JB and Kendra's dad regarding the wedding. Does Kendra get a free wedding dress? Will we see Kendra make each of her bridesmaid's dresses?

Do you think Kendra's dad will be allowed to question Joe about his finances and prospects as Bobblehead does to the guys who are applying to be his daughters' headship?  

Does Bobble have a questionnaire for the girls to complete?   

3 hours ago, KelseyAnn said:

Personally, I'm still waiting on Jessa and Jinger to fly the coop and move off to NYC with or without their headships. Now THAT would get some ratings. 

Jessa and Jinger Take New York.

JD and Joe always did their Beavis and Butthead talking heads together.  He'll be best man. 

I think maybe that Hartono guy will be one of the groomsmen.  He's always around the family, it seems. 

Before the scandals became public, were any of the boys close with Josh?  

23 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

Jessa and Jinger Take New York.

So will Bin be playing the role of Scott Disick?

I don't think Josh will be in the wedding. The law suit has brought everything to the front again. Without the law suit they may have been able to ease him back in, but I don't see it now.  JMHO.

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

If Duggar females were allowed to work they'd rent Josie out for other Godly weddings.     Extra for the hair wreath that lights up

Do you think Kendra's dad will be allowed to question Joe about his finances and prospects as Bobblehead does to the guys who are applying to be his daughters' headship?  

Good question. Let me refer to Whitney Bates as a reference. I believe that girls as well as the mother play a significant role in gleaning the prospective wife for the son/brother. Will the girl adhere to their families standards i.e. dress like them, act like them? Whitney wore a skirt after awhile. Oh, yeah the Bates girls loved her no matter they way she dressed. *wink* *wink*  Yeah, they may be laughing and having fun but those Duggar and Bates girls have claws. So, in a way, yes, the potential wives are heavily scrutinized as the guys...I believe.

I think that JD and Josh were close. They were the main ones (because the others were so young) to help building of the house. When they did an interview with JD post scandal he said he had to tell his brother he no longer respect him and wanted to be like him.  

1 hour ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

Before the scandals became public, were any of the boys close with Josh?  

Josiah seemed to really look up to Josh. 

3 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Which buddy team was Joe in?  I wonder if his sister-mom will be part of the wedding party?

If Jill was Joy's, then Jana? Was Joe on a buddy team? 

@Carm_88 I thought Jessa and Jill shared the twins, so Joe was Jana's, but according to @HarleyQuinn back in 2014 he's not in a team

This is from 2011 so it's probably out of date, but

Jana - Josie, Jackson, Jason

Jill - Joy, Jenni, James (Guessing Joy has these two now)

Jessa - Jordyn, Jer, Justin

Jinger - Johannah, Jed.

ETA lower down that thread it has a Michelle quote saying this:

Joshua, our 16 yo son, his buddy was Joseph... But now Joseph no longer needs a buddy

So Joseph would have been around 11 when he stopped having a buddy? 

I think Josh was responsible for JD, Joe, and Josiah. Everyone from Josiah on down seems to have gotten passed onto a sister mom and they stopped having Josh be a buddy. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think Josh was responsible for JD, Joe, and Josiah. Everyone from Josiah on down seems to have gotten passed onto a sister mom and they stopped having Josh be a buddy. 

Further down that thread, Michelle says Josiah was JD's buddy, but at 8 was too old to need a buddy.  It's interesting that the older daughters' buddy teams seem to have lasted longer than the older sons (I wonder if that's to do with Josh's transgressions?  Or the older sons were expected to be self-sufficient earlier?)

That thread also includes discussion of how Michelle said Jackson shared a bed with Jana even when he was wetting the bed...  Ugh, poor Jana, on so many levels, and poor Jackson, having Michelle talking about that kind of thing.

I'd be so annoyed if my parents forced me to share a bed with a child that wet it. I bet Jana got saddled with potty training too. 

Skimming that thread again, Jinger had her first buddy at the age of 5. I have a 5 year old, I couldn't imagine putting him in charge of a baby. 

yeah, Joe was Josh's buddy and Josiah was JD's. I imagine the two oldest boys were friends as well. and Josiah seems very much like Josh in personality and tendency towards (unintentionally i'm sure) dick-ish comments...lol. 

notice: Josh has not been in ANYONE's wedding party. as far as we know. JD was a groomsman for Josh, Derick, Jeremy, Zach Bates, and I'm pretty sure for Austin (he's said on the show that he and austin are pals and he had early info on the courtship interest, and in his "congrats" video he looks like his suit may be a matching outfit...). this says WORLDS to me about the likeability of the brothers, even pre-scandal.....

No matter how much someone had forgiven their molester, having them in their wedding party would be a really odd step.  Especially in their extreme purity culture, where the girls are seen as damaged goods in Gorthardism (oh wait, people who were hurt but it's really a marvellous opportunity to get closer to god, as long as they repent of what they did to cause it - even if they were sleeping at the time - and forgive everything  :my_angry:). 

I'd be more surprised if one of the older JSlaves did include Josh than didn't.  And even if the JSlave did forgive him, it would be too weird for their husbands-to-be to have him supporting them because I bet all of the husbands have strong views about the person who hurt their wife...

IIRC, Josh's role in both Jill and Jessa's wedding was being the MC.  Don't think he was a groomsmen. 

i'm sure none of the girls would want to include their molester in their wedding, but even before we knew about the backstory it stood out to me that he wasn't in any of the wedding parties. more like - yet more indications of "does Josh even have any friends?" and that they probably all think he's a smug asshole, too. lol. 

34 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

i'm sure none of the girls would want to include their molester in their wedding, but even before we knew about the backstory it stood out to me that he wasn't in any of the wedding parties. more like - yet more indications of "does Josh even have any friends?" and that they probably all think he's a smug asshole, too. lol. 

Not to mention that in many years of fundie fellowshipping, he doesn't appear to have made any friends outside his family.

7 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Doubt it. That would require belief that they have personal agency &/or intrinsic value.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived