IGNORED

Joe and Kendra: Holding Hands and Saying I Love You

choralcrusader8613

Last thread:

Joe and Kendra are engaged, and just like last time, the title is what Kendra says she's looking forward to. Joe's choice of proposal location? His sister's wedding. Some of us called it tacky, some didn't care, but the important thing is that now we're getting ready for the first wedding for a Duggar dude since 2008. Hold onto your butts, y'all. :P

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel Joe's wedding will be much different then Josh's. :P I hope he doesn't sing the loyalty/faithful song to Kendra! 

@Carm_88 let's hope our ears are spared!

Their engagement announcement video just makes me incredibly sad. They are both so young and awkward, it seems more like they're committing to prom than the rest of their lives. She seems like a very sweet and pleasant child. I can barely believe she's 18.

I kept expecting her to say that being engaged means that they would be planning a wedding and it felt odd that wasn't mentioned. 

49 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I feel Joe's wedding will be much different then Josh's. :P I hope he doesn't sing the loyalty/faithful song to Kendra! 

OMG. If he does sing the loyalty song to her, I will legit DIE. :laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, lizzybee said:

I kept expecting her to say that being engaged means that they would be planning a wedding and it felt odd that wasn't mentioned. 

Exactly! She's just excited for saying "I love you" and doing ministry together. You can (and should) do those before you even consider getting engaged!

As much as I don't want anybody to get hurt, I'm really hoping that once a little of that reality tv sparkle fades away, Kendra or a family member will stop or at least delay this wedding.

Where's Marjorie Jackson at? 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I think we can safely assume that we will never, ever hear that song at another Duggar wedding.

16 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

As much as I don't want anybody to get hurt, I'm really hoping that once a little of that reality tv sparkle fades away, Kendra or a family member will stop or at least delay this wedding.

Do they will even have the time to think about? I mean if they follow the line in 3 months they will be married when they could think about delaying the wedding?  

1 hour ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Where's Marjorie Jackson at? 

Marjorie is going to college and publishing coloring books about Jeebus. Good on her for having some initiative and drive, but she's basically Pinterest made flesh.

At least Marjorie isn't engaged to be a baby factory right now. I would rather she be annoying on social media versus being saddled with 87 kids.

I forgot for a second that Joe Duggar will be the first boy after Josh to get married. Wow, it really has been the daughters getting married for years. I am definitely going to highlight the elements of Joe's wedding. I hope Joe doesn't sing a song and just sticks to the vows. I think Kendra will have some of the Duggars as her bridesmaids, but I wish the brides would start including more non-Duggars in their bridal party.

45 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think we can safely assume that we will never, ever hear that song at another Duggar wedding.

I wouldn't assume anything. I mean I wouldn't have thought that one Duggar would propose at another Duggar's wedding! And yet here we are! 

It would be awesome if they had a more normal-ish wedding. Like less than 500 people, with an actual dinner. Wonder if the boob can relinquish control to the bride's family or will puppet-string this too? Hell who am I kidding. Of course it will be standard digger style.

I should probably know this but does Marjorie go to an actual college or just some Bible study group that mascarades as college?

I think Joe and Kendra will have lots of guests, nothing small. I hope Joe gets himself a good suit and Kendra doesn't have to share their wedding day with someone else popping the question.

She turns 19 in August, I believe, and if they get married before then, she and Joy-Anna become the youngest brides to marry. If not, then Joy will still be the only teenage bride.

2 minutes ago, season of life said:

I think Joe and Kendra will have lots of guests, nothing small. I hope Joe gets himself a good suit and Kendra doesn't have to share their wedding day with someone else popping the question.

She turns 19 in August, I believe, and if they get married before then, she and Joy-Anna become the youngest brides to marry. If not, then Joy will still be the only teenage bride.

I doubt they'll wait. I think it's likely they'll stick with an engagement around three months like the others. So likely sometime between mid-August and mid-September.

August 11th is a Friday this year. They could get married on her birthday. 

4 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I doubt they'll wait. I think it's likely they'll stick with an engagement around three months like the others. So likely sometime between mid-August and mid-September.

Yep gotta make it fast in case all that hand-holding leads to sinful debauchery. 

13 minutes ago, elvirajane said:

I should probably know this but does Marjorie go to an actual college or just some Bible study group that mascarades as college?

I think she goes to John Brown University, which is Christian but is a real college.

To confirm - Marjorie goes to an accredited college, John Brown University, in Arkansas. According to the school newspaper, she is a graphic design major. SO MUCH BETTER than any opportunities she would have as a Duggar. I wonder if she still would've gone to college?

13 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

I wonder if she still would've gone to college?

By this time, she would be joyfully available, married lady with two kids and a boring tv show. 

Yay Marjorie! 

We can be pretty sure  Joe will be the best Duggar husband seeing as Josh has pretty much dug a hole and thrown the bar in to it.  It just really feels like children playing house. And seeing that this engagement pretty much means they'll be together until they die I just hope they did get it right on their first try.  I'm pretty sure I could have lived a decent life if I had been forced to marry my first boyfriend. I still like him as a friend and he is a nice man. Still pretty glad he's not my husband though.  What's really scary is me and ex-boyfriend spent more alone time together in our first week of dating then Joe and Kendra will do before they are tied to eachother for ever. How can they gamble with their lives like that? I know, I know. Jesus. 

I like to think that Marjorie realizes that she dodged a bullet by not marrying into the Duggar family as she never would have been able to go to college if she did.

Anytime I think about fundies rushing into marriage I'm reminded of a specific "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" quote from old SNL episodes. The one that goes, "Just because swans mate for life, I don't think it's that big of a deal. First of all, if you're a swan, you're probably not going to find a swan that looks that much better than the one you've got, so why not mate for life? -- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey" :pb_lol:

18 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I like to think that Marjorie realizes that she dodged a bullet by not marrying into the Duggar family as she never would have been able to go to college if she did.

I'm sure she does. If they had gotten married I wonder if she would have had a child by now. 

1 hour ago, season of life said:

Don't forget there was a teenage groom! 

Bin.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived