IGNORED

Family Living on Purpose (FLOP) : Erika Shupe Pt 11

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If girls need to sleep in nightgowns to get used to providing "leg" access, wouldn't it be more logical to practice by sleeping naked?

Summary: Karen has Facebook. Erika hasn't updated on the blog for a long time. She continues to be a mystery with regards to exactly why she sent the kids to public school. Melanie clearly wants out of Casa Shupe.

Oooopsie, the answer to my query was on the locked thread. Never mind!  Carry on.  #shupe #180degrees #we-haven't-changed-our-beliefs #pants! #public school! #snacks! #TV #waiting-to-pick-up-kids!  #No!Really!WE-HAVE-NOT-CHANGED-OUR-BELIEFS! #privacy #none-of-your-damn-bidness

1 hour ago, older than allosaurs said:

If girls need to sleep in nightgowns to get used to providing "leg" access, wouldn't it be more logical to practice by sleeping naked?

I'm surprised anyone ever gets married in the fundy world, if you can't even pick your choice of nightwear without your husband's "needs" in mind.

I'm sad for all of these people who can't figure out sexy-times when pants are involved.

Indeed. Surely you can make unzipping and taking off your pants into something quite sexy? 

Or is it that blokes are supposed to want quick access? (Trying to think from a fundie perspective here). I can't imagine there's much foreplay or consideration for the woman when fundies have sex, it's just ten minutes and coconut lube (to use Lori as an example).

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Oooopsie, the answer to my query was on the locked thread. Never mind!  Carry on.  #shupe #180degrees #we-haven't-changed-our-beliefs #pants! #public school! #snacks! #TV #waiting-to-pick-up-kids!  #No!Really!WE-HAVE-NOT-CHANGED-OUR-BELIEFS! #privacy #none-of-your-damn-bidness

Not a problem. I was too lazy to go back and cut and paste the quote I was responding to. To avoid other confusion, here it is now:

"  2 hours ago, EowynW said:

My mom said you would have to wear nightgowns anyway when you married so your husband could acesss your legs lol"

21 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

ten minutes and coconut lube (to use Lori as an example).

I feel like there is a story behind this reference that I desperately need to know. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I'm surprised anyone ever gets married in the fundy world, if you can't even pick your choice of nightwear without your husband's "needs" in mind.

Due to those fundie teachings my first few months of marriage I was so paranoid about dressing to make sure I pleased my husband. Even in nightwear I would worry about if he'd find it sexy enough etc. poor guy. 

Somewhere, I read a story about some fundy college girls that were almost prevented from leaving a dorm during a fire drill at night. They were wearing pajamas instead of gowns and the dorm mother was not going to let them out of the dorm in their "immodest clothes."  Maybe I read that here. 

Anyway, my daughter went to a pretty conservative university. The girls could wear pants but dresses had to be a certain length, all students had a curfew, students were not allowed in the dorm rooms of opposite sex students. Her dorm had a fire alarm go off at about midnight and there were several girls taking showers, just then changing clothes, etc. Thankfully, the RAs and dorm mothers just yelled "grab a towel and go!!"  So there were girls standing outside at midnight in various stages of dress - but nobody was at risk of burning to death because of some idiotic belief that modesty is more important than the lives of our children. 

I will say that some girls got in lots of trouble for dropping their towels and skinny dipping in the nearby campus fountain while the firemen searched the dorm for flames.  :dance::dance:

Edited because auto correct changes "fundy" to "funny."

1 hour ago, closetcagebaby said:

I feel like there is a story behind this reference that I desperately need to know. 

Lori Alexander, who is much discussed on FJ, said that sex with her husband takes only ten minutes, and that they use coconut oil or something for lube.

37 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Somewhere, I read a story about some fundy college girls that were almost prevented from leaving a dorm during a fire drill at night. They were wearing pajamas instead of gowns and the dorm mother was not going to let them out of the dorm in their "immodest clothes."  Maybe I read that here. 

Maybe you were thinking about this http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/orphans-died-because-nuns-didnt-want-them-seen-in-nightgowns-26418353.html

THIRTY-five orphans who perished in a blaze in Cavan more than 60 years ago were locked into their dormitories as the fire raged because nuns didn't want them seen in their nightgowns.

Spoiler

45 minutes ago, EowynW said:

The dorm fire drill story was also on stuff fundies like. 

I miss the sfl blog, it was enlightening and so funny.

56 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Lori Alexander, who is much discussed on FJ, said that sex with her husband takes only ten minutes, and that they use coconut oil or something for lube.

So, discretion (or enjoyable sex) isn't Lori's strong point?  

4 minutes ago, Howl said:

Hell no. Check out the Lori threads (if you can bear it, she's incredibly rage-inducing). The latest one is very new so check out the previous one (part 19). 

20 minutes ago, Howl said:

Got it in one.

Oh... and Feminism will make you infertile.  Self-pity is satanic. Depression is not real, so choose to be happy.   You should defer to your husband (your headship) in everything and we mean every thing.

Just thought you should know the Lori rules. There are 100s

19 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Just thought you should know the Lori rules. There are 100s

And none of them actually applies to Princess Spoiled Rotten aka Lori Alexander.

4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

it's just ten minutes and coconut lube

Wasn't it down to 5 minutes in the morning? as she is so submissive she controls everything

5 minutes ago, Red Jumper said:

Wasn't it down to 5 minutes in the morning? as she is so submissive she controls everything

Lori needs to read the book recommended by the Duggars. I can't say for the whole book (since I didn't finish reading it yet), but from what I have read so far....Ken needs to work harder. (The book is "Intended for Pleasure" and was played on audio on the J$A wedding episode).

But back to night gowns. My husband really doesn't care between gowns and pants. Actually a lot of my fundie friends who wear skirts wear lounge pants even at home.  But in our circle, we do have a lot of pants wearing fundie friends. "The Modest Mom" blog has a lot of good, more level headed commentary on modesty in the bedroom and in general. 

Which is why I wannnnnnt to know about the switch. Seriously, you don't go from A to Z overnight. You don't call public school kids "little fools" and then send your kids there the next day.

4 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

I miss the sfl blog, it was enlightening and so funny.

I'm working my way through the archives.  I discovered it shortly before Darrell decided to move on.

ETA:  And I can't see the white piano. :pb_lol:

Theoretically, wouldn't pants be better for the sexy time since they accentuate the crotch and thus make men think about it more? 

I can arrest to coconut oil making excellent sex lube ;) as long add you don't use any kind of latex products. And don't mind smelling like suntan lotion.

Honestly, I never though about pants accentuating my crotch until I started reading this fundy shit. They are the most sex obsessed people ever.

15 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Honestly, I never though about pants accentuating my crotch until I started reading this fundy shit. They are the most sex obsessed people ever.

Yeah, if I thought about it,  I always saw trousers as less sexy than skirts, because of the whole "easy access" thing with skirts, but most clothing is not sexualised to me.  The weirdest thing is how Fundies are ALWAYS looking out for things they find sexy (eg Duggars so they can NIKE! their menfolk) so they must continually be living in a hyper-sexualised world, while everyone else just walks around getting on with daily life.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived