IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's Official

Coconut Flan

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even seeing what little of the dress we can makes me feel bad for Jill. Her dress was a frumpy mess compared to her sister's. 

Thanks to @FrozenSmile for being a better insider than Pickles' "source."

And thank me for getting the time and date correct so she could verify it with little fuss. 

I like Joy's hair, she's so young and so not a "fussy" young lady, so the natural look to her hair and just a heavier make up for the photos suits her.  I need a better pic of the dress but what I can see I don't like it, the sleeves look badly added after the fact, and she looks I don't know but the dress isn't flattering at least in that angle, we need a better shot of it.  The flowers are very pretty and I like the lace on the veil, can't wait to see all of it and the bridesmaids, and all of it really. 

Does anyone recognize the church from the picture? Pickles says it's Cross Church in Springdale but it looks different from where Jill got married...

1 minute ago, eleanora3 said:

Does anyone recognize the church from the picture? Pickles says it's Cross Church in Springdale but it looks different from where Jill got married...

Looks like Cross Church's 3 big crosses in the window behind them. 

@ViolaSebastian no no no! Keep those colors for your living room. They are a beautiful, classy combo, but not over done. That these cowpokes chose these colors is simply a fluke and not indicative of enlightenment with the color wheel.

I hope Joy and Austin's wedding day was what they wanted and that they are very happy together. 

Also, please Rufus can she not be pregnant by the end of the year! Is that pushing it? 

Just now, Carm_88 said:

I hope Joy and Austin's wedding day was what they wanted and that they are very happy together. 

Also, please Rufus can she not be pregnant by the end of the year! Is that pushing it? 

She's 19 and from a hyperfertile family.  I think end of summer will be pushing it.

I'm reserving judgement on the dress. It's not the best angle and her flowers are blocking part of it. I like it from what I see so far though. It seems very "Joy-Anna" and suits her in a way her sisters' dresses wouldn't have.

I'm a big fan of bride's looking happy, healthy, confident, and like themselves. She hits all those marks with her hair and makeup. 

(And by "like themselves" I mean your grandkids can look back at your wedding pictures in 50 years and immediately recognize who the bride and groom are.)

6 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

So is the hay on the stage for the reception? Please tell me they didn't put hay on the stage at Cross Church.

I really hope everyone chills on criticizing her hair...it looks very nice and perfectly on trend for someone getting married this summer. I think she looks great! I just wish it was for prom and not her wedding.

Her hair looks nice. She was obviously going for that natural look. I can't see the dress well enough to know whether I like or dislike it. Her style does remind me of Jill's quite a bit. She looks really beautiful, actually!

I wouldn't judge people's happiness based on their expressions in wedding photos. A lot of people find their own wedding to be extremely stressful and exhausting. A lot of people hate posing for pictures, and even those who don't tend to get tired and strained after the billionth taken that day. 

I think Joy looks gorgeous! It's her special day. While I'm sure it's not what people here would have chosen, I genuinely hope it was a great day for her and Austin. This officially makes Jana Duggar the last single daughter (of the older group) left to get paired off. Who would've guessed it would've panned out like this?

I think Joy looks beautiful. Can't really see the dress but it seems pretty. But, holy shit, this makes me sad. She is just too young. Our little Joy-Joy.  it's really sad. 

3 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So is the hay on the stage for the reception? Please tell me they didn't put hay on the stage at Cross Church.

It must be really weird for Jill if they did get married there. Just three short years ago she was standing on the stage getting married and now she's a 26 year-old Mother of the Bride.

"Watching my sisters go through that with their courtships sets a really good example,” added the Counting On star. “I was able to ask them just a lot of questions and wisdom about what they did and didn’t do and then just making it special. Showing him how much I appreciate him, it’s been amazing."

It's like they're parodying themselves now. I swear the only thing missing from this quote is, "Aaaaaand yeah!"

A bit of a damper here.

This makes #4 of 4 of Joshley's victims married.  And isn't there some talk about him making a return to TV?

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

It's like they're parodying themselves now. I swear the only thing missing from this quote is, "Aaaaaand yeah!"

Don't you just love how they think getting married makes them relationship-experts right away?  

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And for it to start with "Sooooo..." 

I'm more surprised at the style of the dress than at her hair. I think the loose carefree hairstyle suits her. From what I can see of the dress it's more similar to Jill's than I was expecting (but she took after Jinger with the sleeves). Very interested to see the whole dress!

love Joy's hair. I really like that it looks so normal and natural, not full of hairspray and other product. She looks very relaxed.

Okay guys, I edited it just a bit to make it as Duggar-esque as possible:

"Soooooo, Watching my sisters go through that season of life with their courtships sets a really good example,” added the Counting On star. “I was able to ask them just a lot of questions and wisdom about what they did and didn’t do and then just making it special. Aaaaaaand, yeah! Showing him how much I appreciate him, it’s been amazing."

So Joy is officially a teenage bride.  She looks very pretty.  Hope we'll get some more details tomorrow and not have to wait til the premiere.  Wonder why they went with a Friday evening instead of the usual Saturday daytime. So many questions.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived