IGNORED

Racheal, the middle child, misogynist, anti-intellectual, and incredibly racist

NachosFlandersStyle

I believe the evil people in charge are trying to push us over the edge before they find themselves out of power--just as firmly as I believe that Obama's reelection was achieved only by fraud. 

I think that "Middle Kid" needs her brain tested because that is some serious paranoia right there. I mean the whole blog is a bunch of crap, she's just trying to justify her own racism. She's not brave or anything else, she's biased and stubborn. Whoo hoo, I can do searches for why I am right as well. Doesn't make me right. 

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I also find it frustrating that a lot of fundegelicals think that the only people who are racist are Klansmen and other "lifestyle racists."

It's essentially gaslighting on a national/historical scale. For the past, oh, fifty years the entire conservative wing of American politics (not to mention quite a few people who are otherwise farther left) have been repeating over and over again that racism-- the defining force of hundreds of years of US history, a history that continues to shape just about every institution in this country from the neighborhood level on up-- is a myth, an exaggerated fringe phenomenon, or something totally trivial that people are overreacting to. You can say any kind of hateful thing, support an entire platform of policies that are designed to disenfranchise and impoverish "certain people," segregate yourself and your family as much as humanly possible, and yet there are mainstream voices in American politics who will jump right in to say that "ACTUALLY that's not racist at all. There's probably a reasonable explanation. Stop being paranoid." 

I recently saw someone pointing out that many of the people you see photos like this and this are alive today, and they'll probably swear up and down that they don't have a racist bone in their bodies. And the worst part is, a huge segment of the American public is primed to believe them without hesitation.

This girl is certainly a piece of work.

4 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

recently saw someone pointing out that many of the people you see photos like this and this are alive today, and they'll probably swear up and down that they don't have a racist bone in their bodies.

I've never considered this point, but you're absolutely right! I'm from an area where many racists are "loud and proud", but they tend to be on the much older end of the spectrum; I wonder how many folks I know from the younger end are just keeping their mouths shut on the subject.

/edit - I also think people like those pictured tend to not see themselves as racist because they "work with black people" or "it's what was done at the time", but that absolutely doesn't excuse it. Hopefully someone has/will set them straight on that.

I'm reading her account of going to a WWII reenactment (probably the one from last year that many former VFers went to.)

The morning battle saw the Krauts taking over the town and in the afternoon battle the Allies took it back.

. . .

Speaking of motorcycles, the German medic rode one...and there is a story to go with him.

. . .

Well, that there Kraut Medic pointed him out to the troopers in front of him--and they shot the poor fellow!

Why the fuck can't she call them what they were--Nazis?  This isn't the first time I've seen fundies call them "Germans" and other terms to avoid the word "Nazi."  Why?  My grandfathers and other male relatives did not enlist in WWII to fight "the Krauts."  They enlisted to FIGHT FUCKING NAZIS.

POC me is not on this planet to out-breed anyone. I didn't even ask to be here, for that matter.

Mum saw white dad, and decided that he was the one for her. So, she threw herself a birthday party, where he was the only guest. Her agenda was to nab the guy she was in love with. She didn't wake up one morning thinking "let me out-breed everyone else". No, she just fell in love with a person, got married, and they decided to start a family.

When I first met my white husband, I didn't think "oh, I'm going to out-breed everyone with him", I thought "he's hot". We fell in love, and then I made an honest man of him. We want a family. No agenda beyond that.

Just like my mother and my father, we just want a family. Just like my parents, we just want kids, a safe environment for them to grow up in, and a dog for when they leave us. Pretty pedestrian, if you ask me.

Not very difficult, is it? We're not fundie, we don't have a 200 year plan, we aren't about to build an army for some deity. It's just two love stories, nothing more, nothing less.

My only agenda is to grow old with my husband. And, obviously to get a dog! I can't wait for that one!

tl, dr: POC...something...something...love...I'm getting a puppy! :)

A random sampling of quotes that are driving me crazy. Please note-- I am quite testy with this bitch. 

As my sister says, ever since Obama was elected the first time, it is as though the nation has just been waiting for the other shoe to drop. I believe the evil people in charge are trying to push us over the edge before they find themselves out of power--just as firmly as I believe that Obama's reelection was achieved only by fraud. 

Of course, why else would a highly educated, charismatic, intelligent, popular (BLACK!) man be able to be reelected president? Maybe you should step out of your bubble and carpet bag it up north, to a coast, or to a city to get an idea of how other Americans think. He was actually quite popular and Romney had an uphill battle in that race. I do wish I could have seen the look on your pudgy face when he won in 2008. 

Well, as I have become more and more confident in my Confederate-ness and more and more nailed to my gray heritage (to the extent that I barely ever introduce myself to anyone without pointing out the fact that I am a Southerner)

That's...kinda weird and sad. I'm a Southerner too and it never comes up when I first meet someone. Then again, I have a job, a place of my own, and an education to talk about, and so I don't have to go on and on about what some great-great-great uncle did in a war over 150 years ago...

Also, there's a fuckton more to the South than just being "gray." There's an amazing musical history, cuisine, storytelling traditions, geography, architecture, and literature. For someone who is so "Southern" you sure seem to be unaware about major elements of it. 

Could slaves own anything of their own? Yes. In fact, I've seen where slaves had enough gold stored up to have purchased their freedom and THEY DID NOT. 

I want sources on this claim. With full context. 

Was there justice for black men--free and slave? More or less. I confess I need to do a whole lot more study on this particular question, but I suspect that law and order applied to them in much the same way as it did to whites. (Going back to the video I mentioned at the beginning, one of the claims the host made was that the "police forces" were really more "slave control". I honestly doubt that. White people are just as prone to thieving and murdering and arson as persons of different colours.)

Yeah, you do need to do a whole lot more study on this, since your dumb Southern-history loving ass has apparently never heard the term "lynch mob." You honestly don't get that blacks were treated differently under the law than whites were? Good Lord, it was legal policy that they were only 3/5 human!

And by the way, I've noticed that the seceshes, like me, drop out of the conversations sooner. Maybe it's because we know we can't force people into our way of thinking and that we are a minority (THANK-YOU Government Education!) and it's really not worth our time banging away at a wall of abolitionist thinking.

In 2017 "abolitionist thinking" is being used to categorize people? I would hope that would be as inclusive of a club as "humans who undergo cellular osmosis." And yeah, my government education (which you know nothing about, having never gone to public school) allows me to actually cite sources when making historical arguments. 

Does this delicate Christian values chick really not understand that white slave owners repeatedly raped their female slaves? Does she not get that children were ripped from their parents and husbands from wives? That parents were blackmailed with the sale of their children? That they were only allowed the religious freedom that their owners decided to allow them (it's the rare slave who was allowed a Christian wedding ceremony or to get their children baptized or read the Bible -- since that would require them to be taught to read). Where the hell are the Christian values in that

I really hope she visits here. She probably won't, or if she did it would be the most epic Scarlet O'Hara flounce after one post. But I'm ready for her. 

She's the living embodiment of the LBJ quote about convincing the worst white person to consider themselves above the best black person. At least she, like the wretched Reins sisters, will never marry or procreate. 

14 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

(THANK-YOU Government Education!

Well Racheal, I didn't get a government education, live in the South and still managed to realize that:

~slavery is wrong

~the Confederacy was evil

~it is stupid to pretend the Civil War was about state rights.

If she shows up I am 100% sure she couldn't defend her beliefs. She might try to pass it off as she not wanting to, but I bet she couldn't. I also bet she hasn't actually studied the Confederate constitution because if you do, it is clear that the war couldn't have been about defending state rights since the Confederacy removed some state rights. She is just another racist defending a tyrannical government that was built on oppression. 

40 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

At least she, like the wretched Reins sisters, will never marry or procreate. 

I also think it's unlikely since she looks 40 at the age of 25 but you never know. She could find some fundie that looks like Sloth from The Goonies to marry her racist ass. 

5 hours ago, Hmmm_idolatry said:

The American definition of who is white and who isn't has also changed numerous times over the years.  There was a Supreme Court case in the 20s (US v. Thind) where an Indian man tried to argue that he should be included in the description of white (at the time only "whites" were eligible to immigrate to the US).  He argued that the anthropological belief that Caucasians were people of the Caucuses region and speakers of Indo-Aryan languages meant that he, as a High-Caste Hindu should be included under that definition.  He lost.  

At the time of the Gadsden Purchase, Mexico got the US to agree that Mexicans living in the area were white, in order to prevent them from being deported due to being non-white.  My great great grandmother was born in Mexico, moved to Arizona with her parents as a child, and married my great great grandfather who was a Ukrainian Jew.  If you saw pictures of my relatives, you'd realize that they aren't what we would consider to be white.  However, on the censuses from 1880 onward, they're all listed as white.  Italians, southern European immigrants, and even the Irish have all been considered non-white at certain points in US history.  

My very-long winded point is that if this idiot knew about the arbitrary and political use of the term "white", her head would explode. 

Totally, of which I have in me as well, Italian and Irish-who weren't considered "white". Native American also-Shawnee and Cherokee. Yet she would totally consider me white by modern standards. As said I have blue eyes, light brown hair (was born blonde), fair skin. But I am not 100% white based on my known ancestry. I know someone who is "white", married a "black" man and their son looks very white by today's standards. If he's with his mom, you wouldn't know he's "mixed". He's got strawberry blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin. 

My fiance had black hair, tan skin and brown eyes. It's quite unlikely any children we may have will have blue eyes or blonde hair, but it's not impossible. If they did or ended up with fair skin, they could look "white" by today's standards, but they would not be "white" in reality. Doesn't matter how "white" they look, they wouldn't be so. There are many historical pictures showing slaves that we would classify today as white, but were actually mixed. Because of the "1 drop rule" as it were, any known bit of "non-white" would put you in a lower position, didn't matter if you looked it or not. 

3 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

Why the fuck can't she call them what they were--Nazis?  This isn't the first time I've seen fundies call them "Germans" and other terms to avoid the word "Nazi."  Why?  My grandfathers and other male relatives did not enlist in WWII to fight "the Krauts."  They enlisted to FIGHT FUCKING NAZIS.

I've been reading my dad's letters home from boot camp in 1943. He was a pretty political guy, and he was surprised that the "why we fight" training videos didn't talk about Fascism or  Nazi views on racism and anti-Semitism. He said their emphasis was on Germany wanting world domination--not on what kind of world they wanted to build once they dominated it. He said there was almost no talk in the barracks about what was actually at stake. And given the degree of anti-Semitism and racism he heard among his regiment, probably that was no accident.

Likewise, I'm guessing the majority of Union soldiers were fighting for the Union (or because they had no choice) rather than for the emancipation of slaves. Especially when a draft is involved, It's always going to be a minority who care about any moral issues involved in a war.

Having said all that, here's a quote for Ms. Rachael from, I'm assuming, one of her heroes:

The prevailing ideas entertained by [Jefferson] and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the “storm came and the wind blew.”

Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

from The Cornerstone Speech

Alexander Stephens, Confederate Vice President

Savannah, Georgia, March 21, 1861

bolding mine

So is Miss Rachael southern in that she was born in the south, all her ancestors were born in the south, she lives in the south, has a southern accent?  Or...... Did she grow up somewhere else, doesn't have an accent and is claiming her "Conferderate-ness"  and nailing herself to her "gray heritage" because some random ancestor was southern?

If it's the first then Rachael honey, no need to tell the world you're southern, people already know. If it's the latter that's a rather tenuous, wishful thinking pose. As much of a pose as playing Miss Belle, southern belle at her reenactments.  

Rachael, that makes you a poseur. You're still a racist, but you're also a poseur.

I guess that's not surprising for soldiers at the time, @older than allosaurs.  Our family is Jewish and they didn't have the privilege of turning a blind eye to what was going on.  When my grandfather was stationed in North Africa, his commanding officer told him that if it looked like their base was going to be taken over by Nazis, "Throw away your dogtags so they don't know you are Jewish." (Even the larger population wasn't completely ignorant.  Disney had a 1943 animated short called "Education for Death" that made it abundantly clear that they knew the Nazi's true agenda.)

My opinion is that even if they want to reenact the costumes and battles, the dedication to historical authenticity shouldn't extend to their attitudes and mindsets.  We can't unlearn what we now know.  I feel like it's irresponsible for reenactors to ignore that context.  I read a very interesting book called "Man of War," where the author spent a year visiting with different historical reenactment groups.  He visited with a group that was trying to reenact the march on Stalingrad from the Nazi side.  The participants swore up and down that they were not Nazi sympathizers and that they were just interested in the history and military strategy.  However, they changed the subject whenever the author tried to bring up the Holocaust.  They didn't want to confront anything that took them out of their play-acting.

Ugh. I'm Southern, but I don't tell people when I meet them. Actually, since I sound like Charlene Darlin' from the Andy Griffith Show, I don't have to. It's pretty obvious. But, because of people like Racheal, I feel like I do have to point out that I am not a racist fundiegelical, actually am not religious at all, do not worship the Confederacy, and am pretty damn liberal. 
Also, idiot (Racheal, not anyone here), just because slaves might be able to save money to buy their freedom doesn't mean they were allowed to. There are plenty of primary accounts of slaves whose owners refused to allow them to buy their freedom, or kept raising the price, and also of freedmen and women who desperately tried to buy their families.
I'm so sick of people defending the Conderacy and insisting slavery was a jolly old time. 
I'm also interested in her Southern credentials. My mom's family has been in SC since the Revolution. Half my dad's side as well. His paternal grandfather was from Marion, NC, and his family immigrated there from PA in the early 1800s. 
Hell, my maternal great-grandfathers were named John Calhoun X & Jefferson Davis X, and their father was killed in the Civil War. So if anyone had the right to spout off about the Confederacy, I guess it would be me. And I choose to say they  were wrong, they lost, get over it.
Sorry for the rant, I've been following a FB battle on a friends page on this subject & trying hard not to participate, cause my buddy is schooling them. Better to let off steam here.

I hope she realizes that not all Southerners fought for the South. I have an ancestor who was killed here where I live because he was a Union soldier (but born and raised right here in east tennesseee) and came home on furlough to see his family. The Confederates came and accused him of being a spy and hung him. Many young Southern men ran a north to fight. There's a reason they say that the war pit brother against brother and fathers against sons.

I don't think she'll realize that there were white Southerners who fled north to fight on the Union side. It would go against her fantasy about the Confederacy and her racist views.

Like @FeministShrew, I am a born a bred Southerner and like @FeministShrew, I'm a liberal, an LGBTQ and immigrant loving', pants-wearing, pro-choice, non-racist atheist feminist, .  The only thing "gray" about me is my hair!

And I keep wondering, how come "Southerner" seems automatically to mean "white" when people start getting sentimental about their Southern heritage? To state the obvious, most black Southerners have a longer tenure in the South than most whites do, not to mention the millions of Southerners who are other ethnicities. Does Rachael consider them her comrades?

12 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I think a lot of modern-day racists find racism attractive because it soothes a sense of inadequacy. She's a very plain, prematurely aged woman in a subculture in which women are only really given attention for being pretty and producing children. I suspect the "protect lily white womanhood" rhetoric of White Nationalists appeals to her and makes her feel desirable and attractive. 

Her website screams, "I might not be all that successful in anything, but look y'all, I'm white, I'm really, really white!" Her chemical sensitivity and military family posts echo this as well. She is just so special, so so delicate and special. 

(I would normally hesitate to pick apart someone's looks like this, but she's a freaking slavery apologist, so screw her.)

This is brilliant, and spot-on. Her vanity and delusionment over her perceived value to followers of the "lost cause" is pitiful. It's hard NOT to bring her appearance into this discussion. So much of the drivel on her blog is based on her fond delusion of the importance of her genetic and cultural background as represented by her physical attributes. 

What makes it even more egregious is her blatant and pathetic need to be seen as "unique". She wants it to be known that she's different from the other people she comes in contact with up North  ("First of all, you need to know that I'm a southerner!"), and even different from her sisters ("I'm the MIDDLE child, but I could have said middle DAUGHTER since we are all girls, though I'm not REALLY a girl since I'm technically an adult, which somehow doesn't preclude the use of the word 'child'... but anyway, here's some hate!"). Yet she can't allow other ethnic, cultural, and racial groups to have autonomy? They don't have the right or reason to be treated with dignity, distinction, and respect, yet she can discern that she should be entitled to all of this special and unique treatment?

I found the monologue over her "sensitivity to chemicals" particularly irritating. So basically, she doesn't care for bad smells, but instead of acting like an adult with a speck of common sense, she has to "run to fresh air" in a dramatic fashion so that everyone else can appreciate how very sensitive she is. I'd call this a "classic middle child" need to be attention-seeking, but generally, the middle children in question grow out of this kind of idiocy around the time they get their driver's license. 

She's a caricature of ignorance.

Okay, all the talk about her appearance made me curious, so I had to go look, and uh, you guys really weren't exaggerating. She really does not look her age. Her most recent post with the barn photoshoot has some photos that should really be cute or lovely, but it just doesn't work. Her precious white genetics really aren't doing her any favors-- I think my mother looks more youthful and she's almost 56. I can actually sympathize with her desperate need to find a way to value herself. 

Just, uh, not the rest of her personality. She must have absolutely not self esteem under all the disgusting bluster and bigotry. I don't know. Reading about her opinions makes me sick to my stomach with anger, but I can't really silence the part of me that pities her either. I wonder if she would be less virulently awful if she was more at peace with herself, or if she's just rotten to the core. Of course, that's a moot point, because a truly un-rotten person would not form these opinions or figure out how to move past them regardless of how they view themselves. 

Man. This is just depressing. :tw_expressionless:

Oh, speaking of white supremacists-- I am fond of the theory that humans and neanderthals once interbred. Thing is, neanderthals lived in Europe. So who were they breeding with? That's right, the proto-proto-proto-proto-third reich. So much for those pure genes. From a Smithsonian Institution page on the subject....

The draft sequence of the Neanderthal genome provides more evidence that interbreeding between Neanderthals and modern humans may have occurred. It showed more similarities between non-African modern humans and Neanderthals than between African modern humans and Neanderthals. This difference between regions is consistent with interbreeding between Neanderthals and the ancestors of Eurasian modern humans before they branched off into regional groups. Approximately 1 to 4% of non-African modern human DNA is shared with Neanderthals.

It's small, and it may not have ever happened, but it does make me cackle with poetic justice.

These type of people really really annoy me, because they are so obviously using their "faith" to justify their own racism. They have completely missed half of the gospel even though they say they're Christians. They miss the fact that their own beloved Jesus was a dark haired, olive skinned Middle Eastern guy that probably looked more like their idea of a terrorist than the All-American bigot they imagine. They miss that Jesus had foreigners and prostitutes in his family tree, and that under Jewish law at the time his mother was in danger of being stoned to death for being a slut and getting pregnant outside of marriage. And they miss that whole part about how Jesus came to make the two one, to unite Jews and Gentiles in a "new man", ie when you become a Christian you prioritise that identity over race, colour, ethnicity, gender, anything like that. God may have scattered the nations in Genesis, but it was a curse, not a blessing, and it is undone (and the nations reunited) by "in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek....."

11 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

There are many historical pictures showing slaves that we would classify today as white, but were actually mixed. Because of the "1 drop rule" as it were, any known bit of "non-white" would put you in a lower position, didn't matter if you looked it or not. 

I highly recommend The Lost German Slave Girl: The Extraordinary True Story of Sally Miller and Her Fight for Freedom in Old New Orleans by John Bailey (2005).  

Blurb: 

A tour de force of investigative history that reads like a suspense novel, The Lost German Slave Girl is a fascinating exploration of slavery and its laws, a brilliant reconstruction of mid-nineteenth-century New Orleans, and a riveting courtroom drama. It is also an unforgettable portrait of a young woman in pursuit of freedom.

And yes, Rachael is an ignorant twit.   It really is that simple. 

I was embarrassed when Hope Pennington showed up because I made fun of her Mom's clothes. When Hellenna showed up I felt a liitle bad for some of the things said. I have no problem with Rachael reading me calling her ugly. Not only outside but she may possibly be more ugly on the inside. Sadly, she lacks charm and intelligence too. I shudder to think of what kind of monster would marry her. Certainly they would have to share her value of ignorance and hate. She will likely be treated like, well........a slave. At least she doesn't think it's so bad to be a slave.

My absolute best friend in the world, whom I met on the school bus in Kindergarten (we both rebelliously sat on the boy's side) is what I suppose would be considered plain. She is smart and adventurous and a great person. I never thought of her as 'plain' and still don't. 

13 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

My absolute best friend in the world, whom I met on the school bus in Kindergarten (we both rebelliously sat on the boy's side) is what I suppose would be considered plain. She is smart and adventurous and a great person. I never thought of her as 'plain' and still don't. 

I think that is likely the same for many people. Some of the fundies we snark on are so ugly on the inside that even if they are conventionally good looking, I often can't see it. Ugly on the inside often permeates to the outside. And the opposite is true as well. If a person is lovely on the inside, it shows on the outside.

Since this woman has never seemed to step foot into the real world, I take it she doesn't know that in general, the southern US is actually more integrated than its northern and Midwestern counterparts.  The most segregated cities in the US are in the north and Midwest-Detroit and suburbs, Milwaukee, NYC metro along with Newark NJ and Nassau and Suffolk counties in NY outside the NYC metro, Chicago and Philadelphia top the list, but aren't alone with Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati-all Ohio, Boston, St Louis, Baltimore, DC area including suburbs in VA and MD, Pittsburgh, Kansas City MO-KS, and Indianapolis in the top 25.

Personally, I have lived in Pennsylvania and North Carolina in metro areas and would say that the neighborhoods in PA are more racially segregated than in NC. Charlotte-Mecklenburg was once a bused city to help give more diversity in the schools and that was forced to stop from parents and has been slowly getting more segregated as a result along with the rapid growth of the location. Many transplants come from the north and Midwest, so it makes you think. 

Many other southern cities have issues and honestly, many cities still have to work on this, but that southern cities seem to have less, I think that shows she really doesn't get it. I think she just doesn't get that we work, live, play, marry, have families with people of all races and ethnicities and that's just normal for the US. I have to wonder where she lives exactly. 

Archived