IGNORED

Incident ongoing in Manchester, UK

JabberJabber

Waking up to the increased fatality and casualty numbers. 

And of course people are using this as a chance to spread more hate and vitriol on social media.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far 22 dead :(. Many of them are bound to be kids (given the concert). A lot of parents were waiting outside for their kids. I can't imagine standing outside and not finding your kid. Or not knowing which of the 6 hospitals to go to. 

This makes me so sad and angry. What kind of person would target a concert for children and teenagers? What kind of message would you want to send through this act? I feel sick. 

I know this fucker and those like him can't hear me, but: What will you gain from this? Do you think this is going to make rational people in a position to make policy decisions say 'hmm, this fellow who straps explosives filled with sharp metal things to himself and goes and detonates the bomb strapped to him at a concert full of young children has some marvelous ideas for our foreign and domestic policy'? Do you think that the parents you rob of children will come around to your point? Do you think that your side looks better when you argue your case by ruining everyone's fun night out?

All you've done is blow yourself up.

Go to hell. You're already on your way.

Woke up to it this morning :( 

It's just so awful. 

39 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I know this fucker and those like him can't hear me, but: What will you gain from this? Do you think this is going to make rational people in a position to make policy decisions say 'hmm, this fellow who straps explosives filled with sharp metal things to himself and goes and detonates the bomb strapped to him at a concert full of young children has some marvelous ideas for our foreign and domestic policy'? Do you think that the parents you rob of children will come around to your point? Do you think that your side looks better when you argue your case by ruining everyone's fun night out?

All you've done is blow yourself up.

Go to hell. You're already on your way.

This this so many times. Is basically what i find my self asking every time i hear about something like this.

I can't understand 

My gorgeous daughter just went up to her study and I thought she was doing homework. But then I saw this on her instagram account and realised what she had been doing. Amongst all the shitty, awful, nasty, dangerous things that happen in this world are kids trying to make sense of it all.

My girl is 12. She should be giggling on the phone with her friends, not painting tributes to dead and injured victims. I love her to pieces for being such a beautiful person but the fact that she needed to do this breaks me.

IMG_0831.thumb.PNG.f9074bf5a63f382ead95f861ec7be27d.PNG

Kids should be able to go to a concert & have fun, not be afraid of being killed. My heart truly goes out to the victims and their families. Whomever did this is sick, sick, sick.

I heard about this last night/early hours of morning and couldn't sleep a wink til 6am and even then, I had some pretty scary dreams. This is just awful. It always is of course, but all these innocent youngster listening to music as the targets? Can't understand this at all, never will.

Scrolling through twitter seeing all these missing children is making me sick to my stomach. Just now I read that the second victim named was an 8 year old little girl. Her mother and sister still in bad way in hospital.  

RIP Georgina (18) and Saffie Rose (8) and the other 20 victims who lost their lives last night. Every announcement today is going to be really hard. 

How do you think that blowing up a bunch of preteen and teen girls will accomplish anything? They're kids! The only thing that you've shown Manchester Bomber is that you're a sadistic bastard. I hope you rot in the bowels of hell. 

As a parent of young girls, 12 and 15, this has shaken me to my very core. I can't even begin to understand the minds behind this or more so, how the families of those who have died or have been injured are feeling right now. I've been crying for the victims since the news broke last night.

We are a concerty type family. If my girls had wanted to go to see Ariana ( they didn't ) and we hadn't been able to get tickets for Dublin on Sunday night, then I would probably have flown to Manchester with them. I feel physically sick, to think that families like my own, with beautiful daughters like mine are going through this living hell as I type this. 

My eldest girl and her best friend are flying over to my husband in Amsterdam, to see Pierce the Veil and Sleeping with Sirens next week. While I know they'll be fine, my gut is just screaming at me to keep them close and not let them go.

My heart is broken for everyone who attended that concert last night, including Ariana Grande, who must be devastated. I hope that those who survived can get through this in time, and find there way back to living their lives, travelling and going to concerts again. Never give in, never let them beat you and never, ever let them break your spirit.

18 minutes ago, ShadowCat said:

(snip)

Never give in, never let them beat you and never, ever let them break your spirit.

Truth!

But more importantly my heart is aching today for all those affected. My thoughts are with the families, friends, the rescue teams, and everyone else who has been or will be affected. My heart goes out to everyone who suffers.

And my hand goes out to anyone who stands with me against terrorism of any sort!

IS confirmed it's theirs and claims it's not a suicide bomber but an explosive was placed in the foyer. :-\

Those poor, poor kids. And their poor, poor parents. Kids should be able to go to a concert and their parents' shouldn't have to worry they won't see their kids again.

I have no words for this entire thing. 

Saw on Buzzfeed they're starting to identify victims. 

Rest in peace Georgina, Saffie, John, everyone else. And thoughts are with their families, Ariana, the survivors, and teen girls everywhere.

Whoever did this was a hateful misogynistic fuck , targeting teen girls. 

3 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

IS confirmed it's theirs and claims it's not a suicide bomber but an explosive was placed in the foyer. :-\

They identified the bomber, so likely just claiming to claim?

Per CNN, ISIS has claimed responsibility.

5 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Per CNN, ISIS has claimed responsibility.

They claim responsibility for everything. I'll wait for them to find some evidence linking the bomber back to them. I have no doubt he had leanings, but I dont know that its part of a bigger plot just yet.

Unlike other card carrying, terrorist organisations, ISIS will inspire people to commit atrocities, even if those people have no formal ties.

ISIS is an ideal in a radical's mind, therein lies the danger.

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

They claim responsibility for everything. I'll wait for them to find some evidence linking the bomber back to them. I have no doubt he had leanings, but I dont know that its part of a bigger plot just yet.

The name of the bomber was realised earlier but I don't have the article close by. Born and raised in a Manchester, son of Libyan refugees. It's suspected that he has ties to Islamic extremism. 

A neighbour of the family was interviewed on the news and he was just in utter shock. I can't imagine the feeling in the community now, one of their own committed such an evil atrocity. Someone they walked past everyday! 

A few friends of mine live by the arena and were terrified when they heard the bangs. Most have booked flights home for tomorrow because they just want their families. 

12 under 16's confirmed in the group of 59 people injured. A little girl of 8 dead and her mum in a coma. It's sickening. I just can't concieve how someone could be so evil as to target children! They knew that concert would be full of children and they didn't care. It's disgusting. 

I acknowledge that this is smaller potatoes compared to the victims who lost their lives or are injured, but I cannot imagine what it must be like for Ariana Grande right now. I hope she has a good support system in place and gets help if she needs it. I know that I would feel a tremendous sense of guilt in her place, even though she is not at all responsible. 

18 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I acknowledge that this is smaller potatoes compared to the victims who lost their lives or are injured, but I cannot imagine what it must be like for Ariana Grande right now. I hope she has a good support system in place and gets help if she needs it. I know that I would feel a tremendous sense of guilt in her place, even though she is not at all responsible. 

Yeah I've been thinking about her all day. According to the daily mail she's back in the States and hopefully surrounded by family! 

I just made the mistake of reading comments on this on WaPo. The rampant Islamophobia from the right is horrifying.The calmest, and making most sense, are Brits actually in and around Manchester,who are saying that , amongst other things, Muslim taxidrivers worked for free all night helping those affected, and some Muslims are not all Muslims.

Many on WaPo are calling for tRump's ban on immigrants - they don't even seem to know that the greatest financiers of the extreme Wahabi mosques which are most likely to preach Jihad are the Saudis. That 17 out of the 19 on 9/11 were Saudis. But Saudi Arabia is not on the list of banned countries......

The Saudis, FFS, are Sunni. ISIS is Sunni. So the best thing to do is sell very large amounts of arms and weaponry to ..Saudi!

Sorry for the rant. But the sheer waste of life makes me so angry - and to see those poor parents still searching for their children, hoping against hope...breaks my heart.

Archived