IGNORED

Incident ongoing in Manchester, UK

JabberJabber

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been a number of fatalities. Ariana herself is OK.

MNSBC is saying at least 20 fatalities, though they added Manchester Police didn't give exact numbers.

So very, very sad. 

Why, why, why??? I don't know what else to say.

I know that there are so many reasons why people turn to violence, but I still just can't wrap my head around how someone could go from being a normal, average, rational person to deciding to bomb a public place and kill and maim god knows how many people.

Greater Manchester Police aren't giving numbers of fatalities/injured. 

Lots of fantastic people are offering help - places to stay / lifts home ect.

The bomb squad has just arrived, so it's looking more likely to be a terrorist attack.

Its full of kids ffs!

The council spokesman has just made an announcement that the police are treating it as a live site, meaning more attacks are suspected. 

Local hospitals have put out a statement asking people not to attend unless life threatening. 

they've just closed the MRI  hospital. No confirmed numbers but this is looking huge casualties. 

Sorry if I'm waffling, this is about 15 mins from me and I feel so utterly helpless 

Everyone seems so confused about what's happening.

Twitter has video of someone on the loudspeaker asking people to file out slowly once the initial panic had subsided. And another tweet said a speaker exploded?

I guess I just hope it was some kind of freak accident and not terrorism, and that they're treating it as a live site as a precaution.

Either way, this sucks so much. My thoughts go out to all the victims.

This is crazy. My thoughts are with anyone injured and anyone on here who's in Manchester stay safe.

22 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I guess I just hope it was some kind of freak accident and not terrorism, and that they're treating it as a live site as a precaution.

When that car jumped the sidewalk in Times Square last week, that was what I hoped too. Please let it just be some drunk/drugged out asshole (thank god it was) and not a terrorist. This time, please let it just be some bad pyrotechnics or a gas leak, not terrorists.

I was just looking at the "manchester" tag on twitter and I had to close the page because it was too hard to look at all the posts about people looking for friends with pictures of those currently missing little girls. It's heartbreaking.

I'm watching CNN now and they're saying they have three sources saying it was a suicide bomber.

I have no words. I feel ill just thinking about those poor people. 

When I saw that it was an Ariana Grande concert my heart sank because I knew that was a young audience. My heart is breaking for all those people. :( 

What bothers me is that now it looks like a deliberate attack all the usual idiots will come out of the woodwork use other people's tragedy to stir up hate. People shouldn't go for a night out and not come home and idiots shouldn't be allowed to use things like this to prove some twisted point.

Up in the middle of the night dealing with hungry babies and wet beds. Then saw this. There'll be people whose kids don't come home from this. So bloody wrong and so tragic.

Thinking of everyone affected and our Manchester FJers. And like @unsafetydancer hoping that the inevitable hatemongers are ignored. 

I can't even begin to comment. Kids should be able to enjoy a concert by a favorite performer without the threat of something like this.

My thoughts and prayers to the victims and the people of Manchester.  No doubt Trump is gonna be insincere about this.

Thoughts and prayers to the people of Manchester tonight.  I have tickets for 2 concerts this summer in the Midwest and after seeing this my near 17 year old is almost afraid to go.

No words. Will never understand. My childhood was so carefree but my own kids are scared to go on holiday, scared to fly in a plane, scared of so many things. And now this at a concert aimed squarely at their age group. And with technology being what it is you can't hide anything from them these days.

Archived