IGNORED

Daniel Brooker engaged

LilMissMetaphor

Daniel is engaged to a Brittany Price.  Both of them have posted about it on their FB pages.

I feel like it's really soon for both of them.  But maybe I'm just being judgy? 

I looked at his blog one day it looked like he was hanging by a thread.   It had not been updated in a long while.   It is soon but hopefully she is a young woman who can help him put his life back together.

• Upvote 1

It looks like his wife died in august of 2015. So I'm not sure it's too soon. Men remarry sooner than women after divorce and the death of a spouse. Plus he has two young children and probably feels they need a mother. 

Does anyone know anything about the girl he's engaged to?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3

Brittany's husband died (unexpectedly, it seems) in September of 2015.  She has a blog and sings worship music.  

Jencendiary, we mostly discussed Daniel in relation to Lyndsie.  I'm wondering how her family feels about it; I haven't had time to read the comments on FB to see if they're congratulating/liking the post or not.  I think if it was my daughter that passed, I would feel not even two years is quick for a son-in-law to remarry, but maybe they are thinking it's best for both sets of kids to have a mother/father.

• Upvote 2

I don't think it's too soon but I do think there relationship has moved super quick. He said 'the past few months' and then a commenter said looking forward to July wedding. 

So that's less than 6 months from dating to engaged to married. 

Hopeful that it will give them all much happiness. 

• Upvote 2

I had a coworker ( IFB) who lost her husband in December to cancer and was engaged by the next summer to another 
godly" man. She has four children who I always wondered how they thought about having a new stepdad when they had not even had a chance to grieve their dad. He also died very quickly...it was like 3/4 months from diagnosis to death.

• Upvote 1

Sadly, they both understand profound early loss, and their values are parallel.  I've known people with lovely marriages who lost a spouse and went on the have a second lovely marriage.  I wish them well. 

• Upvote 19

1 minute ago, Howl said:

Sadly, they both understand profound early loss, and their values are parallel.  I've known people with lovely marriages who lost a spouse and went on the have a second lovely marriage.  I wish them well. 

I also knew a very religious man with 4 grown children that was suddenly and unexpectedly widowed. He remarried a woman who lost her husband suddenly as well. I think it was about 2.5-3 years after he lost his wife and a little longer for the woman. They had a lot in common and I think that was part of their bonding so quickly. 

• Upvote 2

Watched the video and all of this made me really sad on so many levels.  I wish them the best.

• Upvote 1

What about freckled fox who married her new husband a few months (less than 3 I think?) after her husband died. She had 5 kids 5 & under

These two seem much more measured. I do wonder how long they will wait to have more children though, surely it's best to have the 5 kids settle into a new family before adding to it. 

• Upvote 11

Yeah, I was thinking about the Freckled Fox as well. It does look like they're doing OK though. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like his wife died in august of 2015.

I didn't realize it had been that long. In my mind it was more recently. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, wikinggirl said:

Yeah, I was thinking about the Freckled Fox as well. It does look like they're doing OK though. 

It seems so - yes. But their freaking gun accident gave me some bad vibes. Maybe it is because I'm German and having a gun at home is sort of a nightmare for me. http://www.freckled-fox.com/2017/03/accident-update-and-healing-progress.html

• Upvote 5

I feel like I'm in another universe. Who blogs about their husband accidentally shooting them?

• Upvote 7

Checking Daniel's fb page I saw that Lyndsie's was still online and available. Am I the only one who is irritated?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

It seems so - yes. But their freaking gun accident gave me some bad vibes. Maybe it is because I'm German and having a gun at home is sort of a nightmare for me. http://www.freckled-fox.com/2017/03/accident-update-and-healing-progress.html

Yes, I'm from Norway so I totally understand what you mean. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

I feel like I'm in another universe. Who blogs about their husband accidentally shooting them?

I think she felt like she had to, she shared some information on FB and people just went crazy, so she had to tell the whole story. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

Checking Daniel's fb page I saw that Lyndsie's was still online and available. Am I the only one who is irritated?

No. It's nice for those of us who lost someone to be able to look at their very precious posts, photos & messages. 

• Upvote 9

Oh my gosh. As a gun owner it's obvious that her husband is an effing moron. you clear, check, double & triple check the chamber before breaking the gun down and you point it in a safe direction before doing so.  This wasn't an accidental gun discharge but a straight up negligent  one because he wasn't following proper protocol.

Edited by EowynW
Format.
  • Upvote 12

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

You mean he hasn't deactivated her FB?  No, I don't blame him at all.  In fact, it makes perfect sense to me.

I bet he still reads it sometimes, and one day, maybe her children can read it and almost feel like they are "talking" to their mom.  Kind of a way to know her better...

• Upvote 14

1 minute ago, Koala said:

You mean he hasn't deactivated her FB?  No, I don't blame him at all.  In fact, it makes perfect sense to me.

I have two relatives who died unexpectedly; both of them had FB accounts that were active for 2-3 years after they passed.  a lot of family & friends found comfort in looking at them for a long time.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, catlady said:

I have two relatives who died unexpectedly; both of them had FB accounts that were active for 2-3 years after they passed.  a lot of family & friends found comfort in looking at them for a long time.

Yes, I've even seen them used as "memorial walls".  People go in and write notes of comfort to the loved ones, or memories of the person who's passed away.

I lost a parent last September, and I wish they'd had a FB for me to look over.  I certainly wouldn't be deleting it.

• Upvote 11