IGNORED

27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)

choralcrusader8613

21 hours ago, Greendoor said:

I think JD was missing on Mother's Day.  Perhaps there is something to a Bate's connection?  

I believe JD flew Josh and Anna down to FL to see the Kellers. He then probably went to where the Bates and Websters were. What would he do at Anna's family? If there hasn't been anything between a Duggar and Bates, there most likely won't be. At least for the older kids. They've had years and years to observe and if anything hasn't solidified, it probably never will. 

Trace is seeing someone and is t true that Ashley was with Nathan again? I know she was hanging out with some Bates but I didn't know Nathan was with her (!).

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Trace is seeing someone and is t true that Ashley was with Nathan again? I know she was hanging out with some Bates but I didn't know Nathan was with her (!).

Just speculation so far. She's shared photos and videos of her with the Bateses recently. Could be because she's back with Nathan or it could just be because they were all at Big Sandy and they're mature enough to be on friendly terms.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:13 PM, Mrs. Figg said:

Maybe he's flying people home for Joy's wedding....

Do we know who the other people are in the photo? 

10 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Just speculation so far. She's shared photos and videos of her with the Bateses recently. Could be because she's back with Nathan or it could just be because they were all at Big Sandy and they're mature enough to be on friendly terms.

Uhm mature and Bates or Duggar teens in the same prhase seems how can i say, strange? Contraddictory? 

I Think i have understood why they have been spot toghether again latlely....they are searching the pieces of their heart that they give away to the other! So they heart will be as new for their spouse

12 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Could be because she's back with Nathan or it could just be because they were all at Big Sandy and they're mature enough to be on friendly terms.

I thought they all believe that women and men can't be friends, though? I guess I could see that eg Josie and Ashley are friends and want to hang out, but need a chaperone (although I thought the Bateseses were more relaxed about accountability partners than the Duggars, what with the girls being allowed to go to college (presumably) alone). 

But I don't think, in the context of the Bates' toxic views, it's a  case of ISB every time people wonder about the young men and women spending time together, because Gothardism and Quiverfull are ALL about weird gender notions, and the hyper-sexualised context that if any man & woman were to become friends, sex is inevitable.  I'd love it if it was letting them be friends, but it seems so unlikely.

3 hours ago, Lurky said:

I thought they all believe that women and men can't be friends, though? I guess I could see that eg Josie and Ashley are friends and want to hang out, but need a chaperone (although I thought the Bateseses were more relaxed about accountability partners than the Duggars, what with the girls being allowed to go to college (presumably) alone). 

But I don't think, in the context of the Bates' toxic views, it's a  case of ISB every time people wonder about the young men and women spending time together, because Gothardism and Quiverfull are ALL about weird gender notions, and the hyper-sexualised context that if any man & woman were to become friends, sex is inevitable.  I'd love it if it was letting them be friends, but it seems so unlikely.

Not saying it's ISB at all. It's absolutely natural to wonder and they have only themselves and their stupid rules to blame.

I was just saying there's no confirmation either way. Friendly terms could mean that they're just mature enough to be able to hang in the same group together (for instance, if Ashley and her sister are hanging out with a bunch of Bates girls and Nathan is there too.)

22 hours ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Trace is dating? I had no idea. Do we know who it is?

33 minutes ago, SuhrEnity said:

Trace is dating? I had no idea. Do we know who it is?

It's just speculation at this point.  Campbell Roberts had a few pictures with him from a Bates family ski trip which was shown last season.  She was invited along with her brother Edgar as his friends.  It looked like Edgar was her chaperone. Could be something was going on and is now over or they're just not ready to go public.

Just saw a report by TMZ that Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy Anna are suing the Arkansas city, county, law enforcement and In Touch magazine for releasing the molestation police report.

20 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Just saw a report by TMZ that Jill, Jessa, Jinger and Joy Anna are suing the Arkansas city, county, law enforcement and In Touch magazine for releasing the molestation police report.

I know  i shouldn't be surprise bit i truly am! Seriously? After everything is happen?  

So they were mad that it came out and there was a media frenzy.  I wouldn't say we , (the public) have not by any means forgotten but it wasn't foremost and center.    Oh wait, there it is again.  The secret that can't be tucked away .  This time they can't blame the media for bringing  it out again.

Poor Joy, all this right before her wedding. 

1 minute ago, Gillyweed said:

Aren't police reports open to the public?

Yes, through the FOIA, which you can play hokey pokey with, according to Jill and Jessa. The report was about Josh, and the minors names were redacted. I don't know how much of a case these girls have. Any FJ lawyers have more insight than my armchair law degree?

I do love how some people are commenting that if these girls are sooooo concerned about molestation victims, if they win, they should donate the money from the case. Yeahhhhh riiiiiiiight

28 minutes ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

Yes, through the FOIA, which you can play hokey pokey with, according to Jill and Jessa. The report was about Josh, and the minors names were redacted. I don't know how much of a case these girls have. Any FJ lawyers have more insight than my armchair law degree?

I do love how some people are commenting that if these girls are sooooo concerned about molestation victims, if they win, they should donate the money from the case. Yeahhhhh riiiiiiiight

In their defense, more details about them could have been redacted to make them less easily identifiable; however in a situation where it happened in their house within the family, most people would have put the pieces together even if they cover up more context clues. 

How about they sue JimBob and Michelle for putting them on TV and making them identifiable in that redacted report. A girl can dream...

They're only suing to  protect the victims of childhood molestation  get their names out there in public one more time.

They have no shame whatsoever and they will whore out their daughters' privacy to prove it.

Way to keep it in the forefront of everyone's mind. We'd pretty much quit snarking on that. Wonder how it will affect Anna and the M kids. I guess we were ready for a new scandal.

This doesn't make any sense to me. I get that they want to stay relevant but, why would they want to bring this up now? I guess they really aren't bringing Josh back because well, the molestation is back out there now. 

18 minutes ago, Casserole said:

In their defense, more details about them could have been redacted to make them less easily identifiable; however in a situation where it happened in their house within the family, most people would have put the pieces together even if they cover up more context clues. 

How about they sue JimBob and Michelle for putting them on TV and making them identifiable in that redacted report. A girl can dream...

The long list of redacted sibling names was enough of a giveaway. No amount of redacting was going to prevent people from knowing that there were sisters assaulted. And anyone doing basic math would be able to eliminate the four youngest daughters since they weren't born at the time.

50 minutes ago, Incognito22 said:

Poor Joy, all this right before her wedding. 

Joy is an adult who would have needed to consent to a lawsuit being filed in her name. Sorry, but no sympathy here. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Way to keep it in the forefront of everyone's mind. We'd pretty much quit snarking on that. Wonder how it will affect Anna and the M kids. I guess we were ready for a new scandal.

Not to mention that now people are going to wonder why Jana is the only sister, who was alive at the time of the interviews and old enough to be questioned, who is not included in the lawsuit. 

Maybe this is their way of reintroducing Josh? Like they hid him away for awhile and now they're going to use the lawsuit as an opening to bring him back and have him apologize or something?

I'm not sure how brining on a suit time wise works.  Is it possible it was filed when all this stuff started and just now made it to the courts?    Duggar timing for news is usually suspect  but I didn't know if this was something that happens right after you file or can take months to years?

Well now we know who the 4th victim was. No need to speculate anymore. Way to go Duggars.

The lawsuit is ridiculous. They act like the cops were the ones who victimized them and not Josh. I can't believe these people. They're just angry they lost their first show and the money that came with it. And instead of putting the blame on Josh and their rug sweeping parents they point the finger at someone else.

• Destiny changed the title to 27 Dresses - I Mean Duggar Threads (Now, with Duggar women lawsuit discussion!)
  • choralcrusader8613 pinned this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unpinned this topic

Archived