IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

18 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Joy looks totally normal to me? She doesn't look too thin at all. Maybe she's lost some weight, but come on, she's hardly the first woman to lose weight before her wedding, and that's definitely not a practice exclusive to fundies. She hasn't 'lost all her curves' - she looks perfectly healthy to me, anyway. 

Pickles, as always, remains an idiot.

Agreed on all counts. I also don't think Jinger is too skinny? They both look fine.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Joy looks totally normal to me? She doesn't look too thin at all. Maybe she's lost some weight, but come on, she's hardly the first woman to lose weight before her wedding, and that's definitely not a practice exclusive to fundies. She hasn't 'lost all her curves' - she looks perfectly healthy to me, anyway. 

Pickles, as always, remains an idiot.

I don't think she looks *too* skinny either, but the thing for me is we know how much pressure these IBLP women get to be thin when they're about to walk down the aisle, and Joy has obviously lost a decent amount of wait. It's just sad to see someone succumb to pressure like that. 

Oh Pickles. Just admit that your "source" isn't reliable and you don't know the date any more than we do.

Personally I'm guessing the people who guessed Memorial weekend were right all along.

How about Joystin for Joy and Austin? 

I don't think she's too thin either. She used to be curvier than her sisters, yes, but what woman doesn't want to look good and trim on her wedding day? Like others have said, it's no big deal as long as she's comfortable.

Plus, Joy wouldn't be the first to lose weight due to the stresses of wedding planning. Given how little there is between an engagement and a wedding and considered that they have no concept of how stressful it would be if they had to actually go to work everyday as well, it doesn't surprise me that they're thinking wedding planning is the worst and it wears them out.

I think Joy looks fine. I just hate the expectation from our culture (not just gothard culture) that women need to lose weight for their wedding. I swear it is almost normalized. And I don't like it. I think Joy looks lovely no matter what weight she is.

Coming to say that I find the media speculation of Joy being pregnant pretty disgusting. That's all. 

There will be cowboy boots, burlap, and mason jars.

Rufus told me this in a vision.

And I [who do not have an Instagram account] can no longer see Sierra's Instagram account.  Wedding blackout?

I would say that it will be next weekend, there's just not enough time for Jill to get her dress done in two days. We know that she will want to show how pregnant and godly she is. :pb_lol: 

Joy's weight looks fine to me, sure she has lost some but it's a wedding. It's the only day that it gets to be all about them and I get wanting to look your best. No big deal. 

8 hours ago, marmalade said:

The "source" seems to have told her "next weekend," which to me means not this weekend, but the NEXT one. Otherwise, you say "this" weekend. How does a woman live into her mid-late 50's, become a teacher, and not get this? 

I understand that to be the proper way as well - this weekend, next weekend, etc.   When I am around people whose intelligence and/or common sense is highly suspect to me, I've been known to go so far as to say "this weekend coming" or "this <whatever day> coming" or if next weekend, then "blah will happen next weekend, not this weekend coming" and sometimes ask them to repeat when the event is.  Grumble!!!

I absolutely love all the mystery behind this. I do still think next weekend just makes more sense, but I'm ready for all the snarking so I'm cool with this weekend.

51 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I would say that it will be next weekend, there's just not enough time for Jill to get her dress done in two days. We know that she will want to show how pregnant and godly she is. :pb_lol: 

Joy's weight looks fine to me, sure she has lost some but it's a wedding. It's the only day that it gets to be all about them and I get wanting to look your best. No big deal. 

Cinderjana can fix her dress in an hour so everyone knows she's EXTRA SUPER PREGNANT OMG LOOK AT JILL!

Does this mean there's still time for Jill R to mosey into town for the wedding?  Anyone think that she'll try to attend even if she wasn't invited?  I bet she's counting on showing up with her wan and hopeful children knowing that most people would shake their heads and let them in anyway

15 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Cinderjana can fix her dress in an hour so everyone knows she's EXTRA SUPER PREGNANT OMG LOOK AT JILL!

I think Miss Renee has taken over. I would assume that she made the bridesmaid dresses along with the wedding gown like she did for Jinger. Jana can just sit back and relax. Oh, who am I kidding.

SmugAnna, DerJill, Benessa, JinJer, Joystin, Joendra! There. I hope Joy gets married tomorrow. My nephew is getting married next weekend and I just don't want them marring up the weekend.

35 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

SmugAnna, DerJill, Benessa, JinJer, Joystin, Joendra! There. I hope Joy gets married tomorrow. My nephew is getting married next weekend and I just don't want them marring up the weekend.

I hope its not this weekend just because I want pickles to be wrong.

My anniversary is Sunday the 28th. How precious to share it with a Duggar. :laughing-jumpingpurple: Where is this picture of her you are all talking about? I can't find it anywhere.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Oh Pickles. Just admit that your "source" isn't reliable and you don't know the date any more than we do.

Personally I'm guessing the people who guessed Memorial weekend were right all along.

And she will be so kind and not reveal the time and church if she is given the info.

Someone who is friends with at least one of the Websters is arguing it's not this weekend on the Duggar Family Blog facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/duggarsblog/posts/10155246482537719?comment_id=10155247167852719&comment_tracking={"tn"%3A"R9"}

Hopefully that shows up.

This is the most exciting that this couple is ever going to be. Debating over their wedding date.

13 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

JoStin works for Joy and Austin.

As for Jill and Derick, I just call them The Dills.

How about Jill Ick?

5 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

How about JillIck?

I call them The Dullards. 

12 hours ago, marmalade said:

The "source" seems to have told her "next weekend," which to me means not this weekend, but the NEXT one. Otherwise, you say "this" weekend. How does a woman live into her mid-late 50's, become a teacher, and not get this? 

Did you see the movie "Mom's Night Out"?  There was a hilarious scene in a restaurant around the whole "THIS weekend" "NEXT weekend" thing. 

I would like Joy and Austin to have a small wedding party with close friends as their attendants, so no siblings are singled out. 

I see a western theme with wild flowers. 

I hope they go on fun Honeymoon courtesy of TLC.  Perhaps the big Island of Hawaii. There are ranches there and lots of outdoorsy things to do. This will be their only chance to do fun things together without family or kids tagging along. (Well, unless you count a TLC film crew).

Joy looks a lot more like Jessa in the face since she lost some weight, like a dirty blonde-haired version of Jessa. Joy is only 19 though, so while she might have been deliberately trying to lose weight for her wedding, at her age, I think its just as likely that she's losing her baby fat. I remember gaining 10 pounds at the age of 18 that was all gone by the time I was 20; it was just one last growth spurt, I suppose. I don't think puberty stops 100% until you're 20-21.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived