IGNORED

Joy and Austin: It's the Final (Wedding) Countdown!

choralcrusader8613

@newyorkgirl52Thanks for the info! I knew she attended the Women's March but I didn't know about her blog posts. It appears she still follows the Duggars on IG (I don't think they ever followed her). I guess we'll see if she got an invite at some point this weekend!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't imagine she'd make a point of flying to AR this week if she wasn't invited to the wedding.

Well Pickles intuition is rarely wrong (according to her) and she thinks it's either tonight or tomorrow.  Not that she could have read the speculation here or anything...

its 5.44 am Sydney time and it's too early to think about whether Pickles should have an apostrophe.

I wonder where her intuition was when she was convinced the wedding was last weekend... I kid, I kid. I do wonder what was up with her "source" though. Was it someone intentionally playing her, or what?

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

I think you are generalizing a bit. You don't know with 100% certainty that ALL people who had a goal of getting married prior to being in a relationship are not happily married. I'm sure some, even many of them are.  There are practical things someone can do to increase their chance of finding a partner to marry like only dating people who are interested in a serious relationship and not just a casual fling. 

She didn't say that ALL people who did that are unhappy, she said the people she knows personally who did that aren't. I have to say it's the same observation for me.

And yes, there are things you can do to increase your chances of finding a partner, but unlike goals of losing weight, starting a business, or saving money, there is a lot outside of your control. And that is a frustration and anxiety that people who are single for an extended amount of time struggle with and it is very difficult for the Marshall and Lilys of the world to fully understand.

I find your input on marrying young interesting, our situations being so different (I believe you are one of the posters who married their very first boyfriend at nineteen or twenty?). But perhaps on this topic, which you have zero direct personal experience with, you could try to listen rather than preach? 

21 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I find your input on marrying young interesting, our situations being so different (I believe you are one of the posters who married their very first boyfriend at nineteen or twenty?). But perhaps on this topic, which you have zero direct personal experience with, you could try to listen rather than preach? 

I've been reading this whole thread so I have been listening and my post wasn't even remotely preachy, just my thoughts on the topic but take it however. 

8 hours ago, BobTheWalrus said:

Is it weird that I now want a raccoon headship? I know they can be dangerous and all but still...

ATI brainwashing or rabies, which is more dangerous?

Dunno. Wonder if we can find a massively brainwashed fundie from a family large enough that it doesn't count if an experiment goes wrong, then pop them in the room with the raccoon... ...ah, small snag - that'd be very unkind to the raccoon... ;)

4 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

it'll probably take place after sunset though, or not?

Hope it turns out the way they want it to.

Nope, but i would bet the wedding pictures will be sunset pictures. I'd be shocked if they did formal pics before the ceremony. I can't wait to see her dress! 

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I wonder where her intuition was when she was convinced the wedding was last weekend... I kid, I kid. I do wonder what was up with her "source" though. Was it someone intentionally playing her, or what?

I've been wondering if someone is trolling her. I found her post today laughable after her "confirmed" information last week. But my curiosity is so high right now!

10 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Nope, but i would bet the wedding pictures will be sunset pictures. I'd be shocked if they did formal pics before the ceremony. I can't wait to see her dress! 

So now that it's basically happening, can you tell us where and what time? :my_rolleyes: Understand if you don't want to though! 

Creepy Cooper is in Arkansas. There's an Instagram story of him at the Duggar's house and another one of him "getting hay for the stage" with Jed in it I believe. If it looks like they they're preparing for the wedding right now, wouldn't it make sense that it'd be tomorrow? Unless it's tonight. Has anything been confirmed by outside sources? Duggar friends that live outside of AR are starting to arrive based on social media.  

5 minutes ago, Pasta said:

What's creepy Cooper?

Sorry, Cooper Dauer. He was being called that here at fj during Jinger's wedding and I thought it was a funny name. He and his family have been friends with the family for a long time.

Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 6.14.52 PM.png

35 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

So now that it's basically happening, can you tell us where and what time? :my_rolleyes: Understand if you don't want to though! 

Less than an hour to go!

45 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Please tell us anything you can tell us without giving yourself away, even if not tonight.

Ahh, Cooper Dauer! Forgot about him till now, but I'm weirdly interested in what happens to him. He's kind of an odd duck, isn't he? From what I recall, his parents are older and he's either an only child or significantly younger than his other siblings? And his mother obviously has her sights set on a fundie royal bride for her son. I'm really curious to see if he winds up with anyone interesting. Sadly for his mum, all the eligible Duggar brides are taken now (I think Jana's a bit out of his age range) unless he wants to hang around till Johannah's 18.

11 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

Less than an hour to go!

Aaaah, I love inside info. Thanks! Can I ask you if you'll be attending?

8 minutes ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Aaaah, I love inside info. Thanks! Can I ask you if you'll be attending?

Will Lawson have another meltdown, Will Spud smile or wear shoes ?

the thoughts are endless

6 minutes ago, nst said:

Will Lawson have another meltdown, Will Spud smile or wear shoes ?

the thoughts are endless

Lawson had a meltdown?  Do tell.

Yeah I remember Lawson acting like a little bitch during Jinger's wedding. @onekidanddone He posted a lot of weird and telling messages. It made it seem like he was really upset that Jinger married Jeremy since it was rumored that he had something with her.

52 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

From what I recall, his parents are older and he's either an only child or significantly younger than his other siblings?

I believe he has one older sister who is married to RJ Keilen, Brandon's older brother.

ETA picture.

Spoiler

Yeah, Lawson was being all vaguely angsty and passive aggressive on social media during Jinger's wedding. Even I thought it was obvious, and I'm usually the one saying, "You guys are reading too much into this." But my personal conspiracy theory is that he wasn't in love with Jinger, he was in love with Joy, and he was upset because Jinger's wedding was around the time Joy started courting.

7 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

On a side note I see Noreen Gosh around town a lot and she still wears her hair just like she did in the early 80's, though I suspect it is a wig now, after standing behind her in line at Target a few weeks ago.  She still had blue eye shadow on too. Kind of sad that she's never been able to get on with her life, even as a mother myself, I would think at some point you have to try and make a new normal life for your other kids and yourself.  

Noreen Gosch wasn't able to grieve (no body) and on top of that there were the sightings and photos. And supposedly he came to visit her when he was or would have been 27. Such a sad, tragic, fascinating case. 

This time last year we didn't even know Jinger was courting. Who would have thought a year later Joy would be married??

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived