IGNORED

Latest fashion trend: jumpsuits for men.

47of74

The latest fashion.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Emerging-Fashion-Trend-Puts-Men-in-Jumpsuits-422762724.html

A fashion trend that jumped from the runway to Instagram popularity may be emerging into the real world: jumpsuits for men.

That’s right. The one-piece is no longer just for mechanics, bee keepers or race car drivers. The 70s-inspired couture that's now popular among women is also being revived for men.

Andy Cohen, the host of Bravo’s “Watch What Happens Live,” has professed his love for the one-piece, and Jonathan Skow, designer of Mr. Turk, a line of men’s clothing, says the jumpsuit is one of his best sellers.

The men's jumpsuits in the Mr. Turk line come in a range of styles and fabrics -– from the classic khaki, to the poolside romper (the shorter version of the jumpsuit), to a holiday-inspired, Elvis Presley-style piece.

Personally, No.  Because no.

If Mr. Four gets and wears one of these, it will be grounds for divorce. Mental cruelty and all that.

Rompers are for babies.
Jumpsuits are for toddlers when playing in the snow and for certain kind of tasks/jobs f.i. mechanics, astronauts, bee keeping.
They make everyone look heavier than the person is. They never enhance the best physical features of a person.
Very, very skinny women might wear them.

I don't know anyone IRL skinny enough but not struggling with anorexia. To the latter I will certainly not suggest something that makes her think she could loose one more pound.

Luckily for my taste Mr. Green Jumper neither looks starved nor wants to look like Humpty Dumpty. So he will pass and I will continue to enjoy his looks.

Them's fancy coveralls!!! LOL!!!! The original redneck ones look like high fashion compared to whatever the hell this is!! LOL!!!

I don't know about anyone else, but the jumpsuits remind me of the movie version of 1984 with John Hurt. Then again, I saw that movie recently, so it's still fresh enough in my mind. Either way, it's a big nope from me.

My dad was a hobbyist beekeeper and he never wore a jumpsuit.  He just wore a long-sleeved shirt tucked into long pants with a bee veil and beekeeper's gloves.

I understand overalls but hate jumpsuits on both men and women.  I don't know about you, but I don't like wearing garments that make it hard to go to the bathroom.  Overalls are easy to lower to your knees.  

Just because one *can* doesn't mean one *should*.

:jawdrop:

Oh come on girls, you know  that deep down you can't resist. I mean, really, check out these. How could you refuse him?

IMG_0802.thumb.PNG.d1305f95c0f161be262f9319bfe20231.PNG

Anyone else immediately think of a prison uniform?

Let's hope they don't come in orange.

6 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

Oh come on girls, you know  that deep down you can't resist. I mean, really, check out these. How could you refuse him?

IMG_0802.thumb.PNG.d1305f95c0f161be262f9319bfe20231.PNG

CANNOT UNSEE THAT BULGE.

:brainbleach:

DAMN! Please put the buldge pics on a spoiler. Some things don't need to be seen.

@Jug Band Baby, Sean Connery at that age would look good in damn near anything!

(I'm listening the the Memphis Jug Band at the moment on "The Big Bang" about the early recordings of country. folk and blues.  It made me think of you, @Jug Band Baby!)

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:41 AM, mango_fandango said:

CANNOT UNSEE THAT BULGE.

:brainbleach:

Reminds me of a picture that I've seen of a chimpanzee lounging around with his package displayed for the world to see. Someone made a meme out of it, & it said something like: "Look at my balls. LOOK AT THEM."

It looks like Mr. 70's is saying that too, especially in the second picture. :leghumper:

50 minutes ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Reminds me of a picture that I've seen of a chimpanzee lounging around with his package displayed for the world to see. Someone made a meme out of it, & it said something like: "Look at my balls. LOOK AT THEM."

It looks like Mr. 70's is saying that too, especially in the second picture. :leghumper:

I think I need that meme in my life @LadyCrow1313 please locate and spoilerize pretty please!

Between tasks on the Great British Bake Off they tend to have shots of the countryside around the tent. During the final of series two there was a much gossiped about shot of a squirrel proudly displaying his nuts- the anatomical kind...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/media/mediamonkeyblog/2011/oct/05/great-british-bake-off-squirrel

My first cosplay was the uniform from the Enterprise tv show. My friend found two Navy jumpsuits at Goodwill & I worked my magic with zippers and bias tape. We wore them at DragonCon 2014. They were the most uncomfortable, unflattering things ever. Especially in Atlanta on Labor Day weekend. Plus, mine were high-waters. Much too short.

The best part? We wore them in the parade, and when we watched the video later, the camera focused on us and the commentator said "Look, it's crew members from Enterprise! Or janitors. It's hard to tell."

@FeministShrew,  I think my son-in-law was at DragonCon in 2014.  I'll have to ask him if he saw two crew members from the Enterprise, one of them in high-waters while he was there.

5 hours ago, pook said:

I think I need that meme in my life @LadyCrow1313 please locate and spoilerize pretty please!

Look-at-my-fucking-balls_o_9042.jpg

As I just discovered, there's more than a few versions of it. Enjoy.  ;) 

@PennySycamore my male friend has long hair, mustache, & beard and has been told he looks like Jesus, lol. That should narrow it down!

On 5/19/2017 at 10:36 AM, FeministShrew said:

My first cosplay was the uniform from the Enterprise tv show. My friend found two Navy jumpsuits at Goodwill & I worked my magic with zippers and bias tape. We wore them at DragonCon 2014. They were the most uncomfortable, unflattering things ever. Especially in Atlanta on Labor Day weekend. Plus, mine were high-waters. Much too short.

The best part? We wore them in the parade, and when we watched the video later, the camera focused on us and the commentator said "Look, it's crew members from Enterprise! Or janitors. It's hard to tell."

I remember how the actors didn't care too much for some of the uniform designs.  For example George Takei said the ones from the first movie were really uncomfortable and they needed assistance getting in and out of them even for using the restroom.  The snazzier uniforms used for the rest of the original series films were brought about because the cast wasn't too up on the idea of any more filming in those uniforms.  

Then there were the tight spandex uniforms in the first and second seasons of Next Generation.  Patrick Stewart claimed his chiropractor thought he should sue Paramount because the small uniforms caused strain on his back.

I guess my favorites would be the ones from the third through seventh season of TNG, followed by the ones the original cast wore starting with the second Star Trek movie.

Rompers for Men make more sense than Rompers for Women. I mean, men can pee without having to get stripped down, provided the romper has buttons.

Archived