IGNORED

Formerly respectable people who have sacrificed themselves on the Trump altar

apple1

Trying my hand at starting a thread.

Let's compile a list of those who were formerly considered respectable but have sacrificed their respectability on the Trump altar. (Yes, I know "respectable" may be debatable, but...) Sadly, I think these people may never regain their former respectability post-Trump (whenever that might happen).

Starting with:

Sean Spicer. I know it seems like he never was, but I have heard a large number of reporters say that Spicer had a very good reputation among reporters and commentators before he was hired by Trump.

Looking forward to seeing who else might fit this list.

I think I'm most upset about McMaster. He had a strong reputation, but by half-denying the whole telling secrets to Russia issue, he just jumped headfirst into the tangerine swamp.

At America's expense! Who the hell do you think you are to sell America down the river to cover for that vile, vulgar bully of a man? All of the people that will eventually populate this list - just who the hell do you think you are to betray your nation like this?

And for who? Trump - how could you ever be so stupid, so careless as to think he or anything about him could be worth more than your reputation, your career, your ability to hold your head up high amongst your fellow countrymen? How could you sell yourselves like this?

And for what? Money? Power? Recognition? Fear of Trump's wrath? At America's expense??? 

None of us is this country are as safe as we used to be, and it absolutely infuriates me that we all have to sit here, watch this happen day after day, know we're being exploited, and then have to deal with that however we can because of YOU!

Rod Rosenstein is a probable candidate for this list. I don't know what is motivation was for that... memo... about Comey, but it could be a sign he jumped into the swamp. Time will tell.

Tillerson?  ANYONE assigned to Trumpsplaining duty is compromised.  From the Washington Examiner, or any other major newspaper: 

President Trump's meeting with the Russian foreign minister this month was meant to discuss the frayed relations between the two countries, not to discuss the firing of FBI Director James Comey, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday.

"The president I think re-emphasized the message to the Russians that the relationship is at a low point and we need to change that, we need to both work towards trying to improve that," Tillerson told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace.

It's a slippery damn slope, Rex, and you're not tied into a safety line. 

@Howl I wasn't under the impression that Tillerson was respectable to start with.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

I think I'm most upset about McMaster. He had a strong reputation, but by half-denying the whole telling secrets to Russia issue, he just jumped headfirst into the tangerine swamp.

NPR had a segment on this morning in which this was discussed.

What a waste.

Do you think that, maybe, he feels he needs to be there? And if he hadn't made that weird defence he would have been out? Or at least without any influence.

I do think he is not only one of the few grownups in the WH, but also a strong patriot - I can't say that about more than one or two of the others. The rest are there for the money......and to advance their own agendas.

ETA Towards the end of Nixon's tenure, Kissinger (Secretary of State) and the then Secretary of Defence instructed the military that any military orders from the president must be checked with them. I do wonder if McMaster and Mattis have a similar protection in place - which would be weakened by McMaster's absence?

It's hard to come up with people since most everyone he surrounds himself with was vile from the get go.

Add Nikki Haley to the list.  She's now busy Trumpsplaining why Lord Dampnut thinks the climate really IS changing and pollutants are one element of that and why we're (!) really, really going to do something about that, we just don't need to be part of a club (club being, apparently, the rest of the world) to accomplish this. She said this with a straight face, apparently not realizing she has sold her soul to the devil.  
I, personally, feel confusion about this because everyone appointed by Lord Dampnut is trying to dismantle environmental law and the EPA.  

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Add Nikki Haley to the list.  She's now busy Trumpsplaining why Lord Dampnut thinks the climate really IS changing and pollutants are one element of that and why we're (!) really, really going to do something about that, we just don't need to be part of a club (club being, apparently, the rest of the world) to accomplish this. She said this with a straight face, apparently not realizing she has sold her soul to the devil.  
I, personally, feel confusion about this because everyone appointed by Lord Dampnut is trying to dismantle environmental law and the EPA.  

I actually had a fairly high opinion of her before she accepted Trump's appointment. She had exhibited rather good leadership in the wake of the Charleston shooting.

She will never get her "soul" back now that she sold it to Trump.

Lindsay Graham and John McCain. Two republicans I really didn't mind until they showed their spineless selves. Saying they denounce Trump and yet have nothing to prove and show for it.

3 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Lindsay Graham and John McCain. Two republicans I really didn't mind until they showed their spineless selves. Saying they denounce Trump and yet have nothing to prove and show for it.

McCain is notorious for saying the right things and then doing something completely different.  This happened when W was president also.  The man has no spine whatsoever.

21 hours ago, Howl said:

Add Nikki Haley to the list.  She's now busy Trumpsplaining...

I saw her on TV this morning.  I wondered who the smug, snotty woman was, and then I saw her name and thought "Wait, isn't she supposed to be one of the good guys?  What happened to her?"

There's something about being in close proximity to Trump that twists people's minds and sours their soul.  It's scary.

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

There's something about being in close proximity to Trump that twists people's minds and sours their soul.  It's sc

Yes, it's amazing how quickly people are compromised by the giant sucking sound that is the Trump presidency. 

Archived