IGNORED

Race to the Altar: Unmarried Fundies 3

Bethella

That puppy is adorable. But I don't think it will heal the part of her heart that is broken. Let's assume she was really in love with that red haired guy she was supposed to marry and for somewhat reason it all went south. She has every right to mourn her broken heart. My heart has been broken a few times and it hurts like hell and damn a puppy might be able to cure some of the pain. But nevertheless she won't ever be allowed to have any other aspect of the things "normal" people do that recently experienced some fundamental break-up. She'll never be allowed to reinvent herself, try something new, not even a tattoo, piercing or haircut. And that's makes me sad. I don't say that everybody deals with a breakup by getting a new hair cut ( I do it every.single.damn.time) and that is totally okay. Every person has their own way of dealing with shit like that. But most of us have at least the opportunity to get over it the way we like and I think Sarah's options in that case are quite limited when it comes to that. And that is fucked up IMHO.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

smorton adjacent couple mark barry and breanna alexandar (older sister to tayte alexander, married to martha morton) got married last week. http://thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/joyful-pictures.html (anyone else think martha miiight finally be cooking #2? she's normally so thin).

ETA: Also i wonder if there's an engagement in the works for older sister brittany, since she's standing next to a n unidentified guy in this family pic. 

8 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

smorton adjacent couple mark barry and breanna alexandar (older sister to tayte alexander, married to martha morton) got married last week. http://thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/joyful-pictures.html (anyone else think martha miiight finally be cooking #2? she's normally so thin).

ETA: Also i wonder if there's an engagement in the works for older sister brittany, since she's standing next to a n unidentified guy in this family pic. 

According to the knot their wedding was September 9. https://www.theknot.com/us/mark-barry-and-breanna-alexander-sep-2017

Brittany has been on the speculated relationship list for a while. 

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Campbell Roberts seems to be in a rs with a guy named Hugh Morris based on her latest Instagram picture

https://instagram.com/p/BaXXPoEDq42/

Oh man, she recently posted something hinting she was in a relationship but I thought she was fucking with us (there were comments below that made me think it was a joke for sure). Is she the one that was rumored to be dating a Bates?

On 10/15/2017 at 7:48 PM, BullyJBG said:

It seems that this relationship was more relaxed than her courtship with Zach Bates. Her smiles were bigger, she'd be linked-arms, side-huggy, and handholding, as well as all the "I love you, you're my best friend, I can't wait till forever, I miss you" comments. The engagement WAS over a year, which is long for everyone; especially fundies. There's no way to know who called it off and why, right? My theory is, the family band is too tight. Sarah's the second oldest and the only one, that we know of, who's ever even been in a relationship. Now she's in her late 20s, Lindsay's in her early 30s, and the badn bios say NOTHING about hoping for marriage and a family. Did the parents contribute to that? Possibly. It's too bad.

I didn't realize that yall were still keeping tabs on Sarah Reith, I thought I was the only one! I've checked in on her IG every couple of months, and when I went to look the other day, I saw that all the photos of Caleb were gone. I feel really bad for her, especially since (of course, given her upbringing) she made a HUGE deal about Caleb and all those posts were oozing with cheesy love sick adolescent sentiments, and I wish I had screen-shot a couple to illustrate this. Sarah was head over heels for him, she couldn't wait till forever to begin, to get married, so excited to spend time together, beaming in all the photos they took together. My impression is that he possibly called it off, he began to smile less and less in their photos, and Sarah seemed so darn EAGER AND ECSTATIC to be his fiance, I have a hard time believing it was her this time who called it off. But that's just my hypothetical.

It is a shame though, this is the second relationship which progressed to the engagement stage, only to fizzle out, or end for whatever reason. It's also sad she got a puppy to help her heal her broken heart pieces, and still enmeshed with her family and traveling with the family band......wonder what will become of Caleb. He doesn't seem to have social media, I've tried finding him, but if anyone else can, it would be interesting to see how soon he enters another relationship.

12 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

@picklepizzas they promise "another exciting announcement" in the next post, so yeah, I can totally see it.

Or if their wedding was actually Sept 9th the announcement could be a pregnancy!

And according to the comments Addie was the photographer. 

9 hours ago, Feministe9000 said:

this is the second relationship which progressed to the engagement stage

This was her only engagement, the relationship between Zach and Sarah never got past courtship.

Is there a quick link where i could inform my self about smortons?  I feel i'm ready to go down another rabbit  hole  after the maxwell

Is there a quick link where i could inform my self about smortons?  I feel i'm ready to go down another rabbit  hole  after the maxwell

There were a website, Mortonclanthree, managed by Adeline Morton but it's mute since august 2015 (Andrew and Kennedy's betrothal).

I think that all informations since this period were from different FB and IG post, public or not....

Oh ok so there isn' t a summary like for the Bates, Duggars and maxwell where i could start, to know them better. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

It's a rabbit hole with trigger warnings in neon on the top.

In a nutshell:  2 families of different flavours of Quiverfull Patriarchy (the Mortons are farmers/builders with a cosplay ball once a year, and a lot of the family moved to set up a compound in Paraguay; and the Smiths are headed by self-styled "Captain Bret", who runs various online businesses, but fancies himself as a popstar/filmstar).

They were very enmeshed, with the oldest Smith son (Bret Alan Jnr) marrying Katie, the oldest Morton daughter.  There were then 2 or 3 more marriages between Morton sons and Smith daughters, before the Mortons moved onto other families.

BUT it all took a very dark, nasty turn when Brett Alan Smith junior was arrested for child rape/incest, leaving Katie pregnant with her (IRRC) 7th.

The threads which talk about this start here and include a lot of links and FJers doing run-downs of the many, many, red flags.  The only thing is that a lot of the things we talked about, especially the Captain Bret videos, have been scrubbed from the internet:

If you want to go back further, the sub-forum dedicated to them is here (though it doesn't seem to have all the posts)

http://www.freejinger.org/forum/307-smortons-smiths-mortons-and-sanders/

20 hours ago, JMO said:

Or if their wedding was actually Sept 9th the announcement could be a pregnancy!

And according to the comments Addie was the photographer. 

Yes, Addie was the photographer and John was her 'assistant'. 

The wedding was the weekend of Irma. She & John both made IG posts about going to Florida while everyone was leaving. 

There are 3 Morton/Smith children marriages. And then the grandparents got married. I believe it was the father of the Morton mother and the mother of the Smith father. Katie is now divorced with 8 children. But the other two Smorton marriages seem to be doing ok. The Smith daughters have cut off their parents because they are taking the side of their child rapist son. Mother Smith likes to passive aggressively complain about that on fb. She hasn't seen her grandkids in over a year. The Smiths have 8 adopted children still at home. Of course they now have a prison ministry. Since one of their children will be there for a long time. 

@Italiangirl

If you really want to fall into the rabbit hole, google them and read their blog. Mortonblogthree is their third one and the others one are snarkworthy AF, too. So if you have time to kill, I highly recommend that :-)!

The SMorton marriages were full of cosplay and could be discussed for hours.  Sadly Kressant's marriage was taken down from youtube.  It was filled with ridiculousness, including the fact that no one was allowed to know the time the wedding would start, they just had to wait around all day until the fathers decided it could start. And Brett bragged about how sheltered and submissive he raised his daughter.  So much so that she would follow her hubby anywhere he damned please,  through whatever deprivation,  with as many kids as the Lord should provide, without a thought otherwise. It was gross. He also bragged that he was the keeper of her heart and affection and that she never even thought about any boys until he allowed her to court Michael. Katie's was it's own brand of wtf when she washed his feet while playing a recording about how submissive she'd be to him and he weirdly stroked her face. 

7 minutes ago, JMO said:

And Brett bragged about how sheltered and submissive he raised his daughter.  So much so that she would follow her hubby anywhere he damned please,

I bet he regrets that now! His daughters are so submissive and follow their husbands so fully that they now follow their husbands away from the Smith family. 

Sorry your shitastic parenting came back to completely bite you in the Ass Captain! 

So I don't know all the S'Morton details but is Katie now officially divorced? Meaning she is not standing behind her husband?

Or is @JermajestyDuggar just calling her divorced because Alan is not around?

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

So I don't know all the S'Morton details but is Katie now officially divorced? Meaning she is not standing behind her husband?

Or is @JermajestyDuggar just calling her divorced because Alan is not around?

We don't know if they're legally divorced, although her FB page says "divorced" as @JustAnotherMaiden mentioned. Either way, Katie is definitely not standing behind her husband. She has cut all ties to him and his entire family (minus the Smith daughters married to Morton sons, who stand with the Mortons), and the Mortons have very publicly condemned what Alan did. The one good thing this family has ever done. Sadly, this horrible revelation does not appear to have challenged any of them in their fucked-up beliefs.

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

If you really want to fall into the rabbit hole, google them and read their blog. Mortonblogthree is their third one and the others one are snarkworthy AF, too. So if you have time to kill, I highly recommend that :-)!

The best way I can describe Addie Morton's writing style on the blog is teenaged Anne of Green Gables dialled up to eleventy.  Tons of gushing, and some very specific language tics, including combining gushing gooey cutesiness with baby talk.  It pretty much has to be read to be believed.  I don't follow her insta, so I always wonder if the style has followed over there.

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

I don't follow her insta, so I always wonder if the style has followed over there.

There's still the occasional baby talk, but she's definitely dialed it down from the blog.

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

We don't know if they're legally divorced, although her FB page says "divorced" as @JustAnotherMaiden mentioned. Either way, Katie is definitely not standing behind her husband. She has cut all ties to him and his entire family (minus the Smith daughters married to Morton sons, who stand with the Mortons), and the Mortons have very publicly condemned what Alan did. The one good thing this family has ever done. Sadly, this horrible revelation does not appear to have challenged any of them in their fucked-up beliefs.

Wow that is good to know, did not expect that. I was really worried that both families would support him.

At least they have a spark of sanity somewhere in their minds.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived