IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 5 Defrauding the Entire World?

Coconut Flan

@DomWackTroll, that article is beyond cringey. Pretty sure I just rolled my eyes so hard that I saw the inside of my own ass. 

One thing that always strikes me about the first generation fundies is their weird belief that their inability to make good decisions (usually about sex, relationships, and reproductive choices) means that no one can make good decisions in those areas and that they should therefore deprive everyone else of the ability to make said decisions. Since they haven't managed to institute Gilead (yet) and force their beliefs on other adults, they instead focus on ensuring that their kids have marginal educations, minimal exposure to the world, and nonexistent ability to self-determine so that they'll "do the right thing" or whatever-- all in the service of, in their minds, making it so that nothing bad ever happens to them. 

It's not only illogical. It isn't Biblical. Sure, Jesus and the Disciples would tell people they saved or helped to stop sinning, but it's not like they were following people around and coercing them away from sinful behavior. They also never made an effort to compel non-Christians to follow their laws. It was always, "My people don't do this," not, "My people don't do this, and they go out and make sure that no one else does it, either." Not to mention all the times Jesus condemned the Pharisees for being too focused on laws and punitively enforcing them at the expense of love, grace, and focusing on your own damn self and shortcomings. 

Beyond that, the belief that, if you always do the right thing, nothing bad will ever happen to you, doesn't bear out anywhere in the real world or in the Bible. The book of Job is a great example of this; Job was as good as a man could be, and that didn't stop him from losing his home, livestock, and children. Jesus was tortured and crucified. Most of the Apostles died horrific deaths, as did numerous other early Christians. The idea that Christians can and should be bubble-wrapping their kids from the world is just ridiculous.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JesusCampSongs said:

The book of Job is a great example of this; Job was as good as a man could be, and that didn't stop him from losing his home, livestock, and children.

The message of the Book of Job is: The reason is there is no reason. Yes, believe in God but don't expect that to save you from disaster & misfortune.

Re: Stacy's pontificating: what an asshat. Amazing how many digs she worked into her whine. She never loses an opportunity to be spiteful.

Does anybody have any clue about the "depravity" that supposedly tainted her personal life? Did she and her husband get it on while he was married to someone else? She's laying it on a tad bit thick here.

3 hours ago, Hane said:

She's laying it on a tad bit thick here.

Stacy is a past mistress of vague-booking but this part of her lengthy explanation on "grace widows" probably holds some clues:

Those who have never endured the wrenching pain of an adulterous betrayal cannot fathom how truly devastating it is. James and I have both experienced it first hand. You see, we were both married before. Though we each bear the scars inflicted by infidelity, we also carry the indelible mark of healing that comes from the One who gave us beauty for ashes—the One who did not leave us hopeless and forsaken; but, instead blessed us by bringing us together and choosing to use us as a couple—as a family—for His glory.

This does not mean that James and I were blameless in every aspect of our past relationships. We made mistakes, sinned, repented, and were forgiven, fallen creatures that we are. There is no question of whether or not we were perfect spouses—we were not! But that does not negate the fact that we were both the “innocent victims” of adultery.

James's first wife had a blog at one point. She appears to have had no contact with their children (James V, Christa, Tiffany & Melissa) after she & James divorced.

22 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

So jealous of Stacy's kitchen, and it's not even finished. I just can't help it.

Shilling for Young Living must be working for her. She's exactly the kind of person that can succeed in a MLM. Just look how many women and girls she used to influence with her blog and "Passionate Housevives Desperate for God"

On 7/23/2017 at 8:34 AM, DomWackTroll said:

So jealous of Stacy's kitchen, and it's not even finished. I just can't help it.

Was this just MLM money or was there an inheritance involved as well?

One thing for sure, this didn't happen on a "pastor's" salary!

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Was this just MLM money or was there an inheritance involved as well?

One thing for sure, this didn't happen on a "pastor's" salary!

Especially not since he has not been a working pastor for some time, if I understand aright! ...and I might not ... but I'm pretty sure he retired or something.

i refuse to look at any more pictures of the McDonald manse. It's not that I begrudge almost people a beautiful home -- I just begrudge con-women making bank on the backs of sheep-people a beautiful home.  

I can watch 'Home Town' and such like and never need to know where the homeowners got the $ to pay for the reno.

23 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

It's not that I begrudge almost people a beautiful home -- I

Make that "proofread thrice, post once".  :-)

2 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Make that "proofread thrice, post once".  :-)

I'm hopeless and I own it!

;-D

(just lookit that typo...!)

Beall hopes that she and Doug have over 70 years together (in comments). But where is Doug? How many months has it been since we've seen a cuddly photo of just the two of them? 

On 7/16/2017 at 2:39 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

And - JMHO - Dougie is acting like he's on drugs. 

Well, pot IS legal in Colorado.  They may live closer to a pot shop than to their church. 

1 hour ago, DomWackTroll said:

But where is Doug?

Maybe using his mad photography skilz to snap the shot?  Or, maybe off with Flo.  Hoping the former, most likely the latter.

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Well, pot IS legal in Colorado.  They may live closer to a pot shop than to their church. 

Too bad he'll have to make his own snacks when he gets the munchies, because we all know that Beall "isn't domestic"! I mean, why in the world we would we think she'd be domestic? How very silly

Lots of new Phillips family pics on the "Liberty Jubilee Faith" and "Peoria Honor Flight" Facebook pages, too. And no evidence of DPIAT.

Am I the only one bothered by how aged-before-their-time the Phillips daughters look? Do they know any males, other than immediate family, under the age of 80??

37 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Or, maybe off with Flo. 

You called it, Maxwell! He's in Cannes with Flo: 

How does Doug afford this shit? I know Howard had a lot of money, but he left a widow and a zillion kids! And I know Doug made a good living at VF, but surely it wasn't millions, was it? 

There's no fool like an old fool. Beall, your husband is out chasin' the P while you remain in the States, comforting elderly veterans. For God's sake, at least fake an affair or something. Fake it with Bradrick!; he's got nothing better to do right now. Just stop playing the damn martyr. 

@DomWackTroll I'm 100% down with a faked affair with Bradrick!! DPIAT...what a dweeb. 

Also, all of the Phillips daughters got the best damn dimples. 

40 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

@DomWackTroll I'm 100% down with a faked affair with Bradrick!! DPIAT...what a dweeb. 

Also, all of the Phillips daughters got the best damn dimples. 

They're so cute but the smiles look a bit forced don't they?

6 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Lots of new Phillips family pics on the "Liberty Jubilee Faith" and "Peoria Honor Flight" Facebook pages, too. And no evidence of DPIAT.

20246174_1649281775084871_62499840988933

Looks like DPIART left the emergency contact info, just in case Beall needed to get in touch with him.

I just checked out Beall's Instagram. Taken as a whole, one could easily come to the conclusion that DPIAT has ditched his family. Beall looking a little desperate there with the hashtagging, damn. I hope he's at least supporting them, even though Beall is complicit as hell in Dougie's machinations and EVEN NOW continues to present the family like "Oh look we're a totally normal big Xtian family, there's CERTAINLY no indication that the Lord Patriarch has fucked off to Europe to do crap short films and left us high and dry!"

Of course Honor and Providence are allowed to dress like normals while poor Viriginia has to walk around looking like an extra in an Andy Hardy movie, even though she's not part of the act. 

One can only guess the depths of denial Be All is swimming in. And showing an example to her daughters on what to do in a bad relationship...

Long gone are the days of The Titanic Society of Manly Men who lay down their lives for women and children.

Fuck you, Doug (or what the hell you call yourself today), fuck you very much.

Further proof of DPIAT's whereabouts, from Lady Flo's Instagram page:

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 7.54.23 AM.png

Hey, Doug! You left something off your mid-life crisis list:

red-corvette-4-640.jpg

Doug’s relatively advanced age gives new meaning to the lyrics, “Baby, have you got enough gas?”

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived