IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

Is anyone else gonna mention the fact that NR Anna, Ruthie and Lydia were all wearing matching frumpers??

It's so depressing to see long skirts on kids that age. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Is anyone else gonna mention the fact that NR Anna, Ruthie and Lydia were all wearing matching frumpers??

It's so depressing to see long skirts on kids that age. 

I imagine that's all we'll ever see on the ladies in that branch of Maxhell.

By chocolate sauce, do they mean chocolate pudding? I couldn't imagine eating a bowl of chocolate sauce with nothing else!

29 minutes ago, bertnee said:

By chocolate sauce, do they mean chocolate pudding? I couldn't imagine eating a bowl of chocolate sauce with nothing else!

That picture does look like pudding, but there have been a few days when the PMS gets really bad and I'll eat fudge sauce for ice cream by the spoonful. :icecream:

On 5/23/2017 at 6:12 PM, bluelady said:

I'm really curious as to why John is *never* with them on excursions, etc., anymore. And never a mention as to why he's missing!

He's away at reprogramming camp.... I mean, he's super busy with his many jobs. 

Nathan and his family weren't there either, maybe they went to Melanie's side of the family and actually had fun. John may be on another secret trip overseas or said screw it and left and is living his own life (inserts john in next blog) hi Steve!

she needs those rain boots for that long walk across the street...

I have the same top that Teri is wearing in the Mother's Day post. I hold most of the same modesty standards as the Maxwells and NEVER thought to bring up the neckline...yikes.

4 hours ago, divadivine said:

He's away at reprogramming camp.... I mean, he's super busy with his many jobs. 

Stud John might be the one taking the group picture.  Nice to see Gigi is still alive.  And Griselda Teri still sucks as a mother.

I think it's terrible that Terris depression is so covered up and overlooked as if it's something to be ashamed about. 

Here we go with the Mother's Day post. What is interesting is how when a family member posts about her, it's all about how she loves being a mother and grandmother. 

When Terri posts anything related to motherhood, it's all about being "in the trenches" and scheduled time with each grandkid and how awful having young children, but if you persevere long enough they'll turn into adults you can tolerate being around. 

Its all very telling. 

Oh and little Ruthie is absolutely gorgeous. 

On 5/23/2017 at 6:37 PM, anjulibai said:

Yeah, it seemed weird to me. Out of all them, only one kid wanted ice cream? No one even asked for a different snack? That's just odd. I know some people don't like ice cream, but not that many kids would say no. 

I read this thread before I looked at the blog post, but I just KNEW the kid who said yes to the ice cream was Bethany. That little girl hasn't been worn down yet. I hope she hangs onto that spark.

16 hours ago, VodouDoll said:

Maybe a Maxwell kid has finally gotten up the gumption to bolt.

If that were the case, you would think he would create a Youtube or blog or something, especially with their background in tech. He could be really successful with an Ex Fundie series.

"Ex Fundie goes to [place]" where he goes to the library and looks up sex ed material. Like even if he had been to a library at some point, and even if he had some sex talk (which is likely considering they talk about The Reversal) I don't think he would have been exposed to a book like this

"Ex Fundie tries [activity]" like where he plays a sport, especially a "girly" thing or something that pretty much every kid has played at some point.

"Ex Fundie watches [TV show or movie] for the first time" especially if it's a show like Mr Rogers Neighbourhood or some other show that is considered wholesome.

I would totally watch a series like that! There's lots of people - blind, deaf, LGBT, expats, big families, etc... - showing their day to day lives. But no Former Fundies, at least from what I've seen.

5 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I would totally watch a series like that! There's lots of people - blind, deaf, LGBT, expats, big families, etc... - showing their day to day lives. But no Former Fundies, at least from what I've seen.

Maybe it's that if they lay low, they're harder to find.

The first post about the Colorado trip has been published. Mostly it's about Colorado. I live here too, and totally understand Sarah's love for the state. But what's depressing is that I was transferred here (and moved my husband here) for my career when I was 28 years old, younger than Sarah and after I earned my MBA. I chose to move here; I chose to stay here. And, some day when the winters get too rough, I'll choose to move away. 

Sarah will never have that opportunity. She really is Sarah.  Flee, Sarah!  Move yourself to Colorado!  Eat bean burritos on Wednesday! 

PS- aren't antlers plural?

Doesn’t his antlers look so fuzzy?!

:pufff:

Before I leave to jump off the tallest building around here in frustration , I will say this:

Good Steve, Teri! Are you so blamed precious and big-headed that you couldn't even take ONE photo of your assistant mother with the fans of HER books?  

News to no one, but so boldly shown lately: Teri Maxwell's ego is at least the size of her husband's.  And the children she birthed are to her nothing but minions and props. And sparsely fed servants. 

Ok. All right. I'm not gonna jump. But only because I'm too lazy to take the stairs. And also -- come to think of it -- because I'm more annoying to Steve & Teri alive, than I would be dead AND IN HEAVEN, YES I know I'm going there when I die, Steve!

Hot John has been missing a lot lately. I'm calling it. He's dating someone. And we will get a wedding announcement by the end of 2017.

9 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Yeah, they are... I understand she didn't get the best education, but I would have hoped she would have known that. 

In English, a good way to tell a noun is plural is by the last letter being S. With nouns that normally end in S, like "cross" (which I'm sure she is very familiar with) or "glass" the ending of the word usually changes to "es" Of course, English is a messed up language where there are quite a few exceptions, so sometimes a word changes to "cacti" or just stays the same (like with pants; an item she is not so familiar with)

13 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

The first post about the Colorado trip has been published. Mostly it's about Colorado. I live here too, and totally understand Sarah's love for the state. But what's depressing is that I was transferred here (and moved my husband here) for my career when I was 28 years old, younger than Sarah and after I earned my MBA. I chose to move here; I chose to stay here. And, some day when the winters get too rough, I'll choose to move away. 

Sarah will never have that opportunity. She really is Sarah.  Flee, Sarah!  Move yourself to Colorado!  Eat bean burritos on Wednesday! 

HoneyBunny, may I ask you about Colorado?  We are thinking about taking a 2 week roadtrip next summer to CO, and possibly Utah and/or Yellowstone in Wyoming.  We live in a flat part of TX, and the kids haven't really even experienced mountains.  What are your recommendations for the best places to visit in CO?  I've only visited for work, and it's been many years.  We want to experience scenic areas on this trip.  Do you have any recommendations?

When my mother was a child, her father would take the family and some cousins for a 4 week roadtrip out west.  He had a brother who had a ranch in Montana, so they would spend a week there, and then spend 3 weeks wandering around that part of the country.  People prefer to fly now (frequently due to limited vacation time), so I've never taken such a long car trip.  Hope we can handle so much togetherness....  :my_smile:

What a SHOCK! Teri and Sarah read their Bibles while enjoying Colorado's scenery....then they listened to a PSALM! :my_rolleyes:

3 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

HoneyBunny, may I ask you about Colorado?  We are thinking about taking a 2 week roadtrip next summer to CO, and possibly Utah and/or Yellowstone in Wyoming.  We live in a flat part of TX, and the kids haven't really even experienced mountains.  What are your recommendations for the best places to visit in CO?  I've only visited for work, and it's been many years.  We want to experience scenic areas on this trip.  Do you have any recommendations?

When my mother was a child, her father would take the family and some cousins for a 4 week roadtrip out west.  He had a brother who had a ranch in Montana, so they would spend a week there, and then spend 3 weeks wandering around that part of the country.  People prefer to fly now (frequently due to limited vacation time), so I've never taken such a long car trip.  Hope we can handle so much togetherness....  :my_smile:

If you want to combine a visit to Colorado with Utah, I'd focused on the southwestern part of the state. Durango, Silverton, the Million Dollar Highway, a side trip to Telluride.  Lots of history and scenery and the  Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Then it's a quick drive (1/2 day or less) to get you into the canyon lands of Utah. 

Yellowwtone is a trip on its own, unless you have a lot of time. It's a long day's drive from Denver, and there is so much to see and do there that I can't recommend going for less than 5 days in the park (preferably 7). 

I have a hard time believing that any family that allows their females to wear pants also forces the Moody books on them!

4 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

If you want to combine a visit to Colorado with Utah, I'd focused on the southwestern part of the state. Durango, Silverton, the Million Dollar Highway, a side trip to Telluride.  Lots of history and scenery and the  Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Then it's a quick drive (1/2 day or less) to get you into the canyon lands of Utah. 

Yellowwtone is a trip on its own, unless you have a lot of time. It's a long day's drive from Denver, and there is so much to see and do there that I can't recommend going for less than 5 days in the park (preferably 7). 

Thanks for your input!  Hopefully we'll finalize our plans soon.

7 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

What a SHOCK! Teri and Sarah read their Bibles while enjoying Colorado's scenery....then they listened to a PSALM! :my_rolleyes:

Jesus the Maxwell life is so damn BORING. They must get bored of reading the Bible, surely. Steve says that you should read it every day for spiritual health or some shit, but they literally read NOTHING else. I've read the Harry Potter books (le gasp!) multiple times buuuuuuuuut I've read a lot of other things too. 

Of course Anna watched Calia so Elissa could ride with Joseph. It sure wouldn't be Joseph who had to stay behind with the child. I'm guessing that chocolate sauce that Terie likes is what is called 'chocolate gravy'. And people do eat it on biscuits. Surely Terie can't actually be surprised by a group outing to the zoo anymore. if so I bet she's also completely caught off guard every time the jack-in-the-box pops out  Sarah, it's okay to just say you've been wanting to improve your writing skills and found a conference you wanted to attend.  God allows you to think for yourself even if your father doesn't. 

4 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Thanks for your input!  Hopefully we'll finalize our plans soon.

If you go to Yelloestone go to the Tetons as well.  Much better than Rocky Mountain Nationak Park.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived