IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

The weird little girl voice that both Anna and Sarah (and I'm gonna assume Mary, too) are really off-putting and make them seem slow, for lack of a better word.

This little girl voice is cultivated among fundy women to connote submissiveness.  It's a repellent form of learned idiocy to make sure that no woman is threatening to any man, ever. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

I refuse to even look at the damnable thing so tell me, is the voice similar to Priscilla, AKA OfTFDW?

I would say that they seem about the same mental age, but Anna has greater fluidity with her speech. 

The Maxwells and their ilk are the most ignorant twats. 

Fuck. Them. All.

I watched the video for about 30 seconds before I had to turn it off.  I take a deep personal offense to those who compare abortion to the Holocaust.  My great uncle was murdered for being disabled and a Jew.  He was 9 years old.

I found Anna's speech a lot more disturbing than I did Sarah's. Maybe because Sarah was selling children's books so it came off more kindergarten teacher-ish, while Anna is attempting to make a very serious point?

In any case, there is some major developmental stunting in that family. 

I can not get angry with Anna because she has been programmed to say what she says, those are not her words, It's Steve's speech.

You can see it in her expression, her despair is tragic.

The most cowardly thing is that he puts a video of his daughter saying what he thinks but when it's his turn it's when the video ends.

Urp, slop, bring the mop!!!

When I saw the title "Voice For The Speechless" I knew what it would be. I wish I was wrong. I wish it was a video about Anna being touched by the struggles of the nursing home residents who had suffered a stroke and lost their speech and now she wants to study speech pathology. Or something like that. But, no. We get a child-woman with zero life experience comparing a fetus to a Holocaust victim, showing no empathy for the pregnant woman and what she must have gone through.

Anna's entire life is anti-choice, which is fine with me as long as she minds her own idiot business.  Stick with the ceiling fans, Anna.

Anna can not form her own opinion on anything.  Steve probably figured he has to push his daughter to be part of a cause. 

So, is parading Anna as the voice of anti-choice supposed to make her more marketable for marriage? Or serve as evidence that the Maxwell method works (thereby selling more of whatever it is they're trying to sell these days)?

Her voice was more palatable than JRod's or the JRod kids, so I'll give her that. The video would be easier to watch if she at least had some passion. The whole thing was completely over-dramatic, with absolutely no passion. And what was the deal with Steve and Teri being on the stage? I couldn't figure out what they were supposed to be doing.

Did they say anything about the context of this? Was it part of a presentation that was done somewhere, or did they stage it all just for the purpose of making this video?

I found it neither heart-wrenching nor powerful, but it did indeed take six minutes (that I will never get back).

What pisses me off about these anti choice cunts is that they would  NEVER offer to adopt a child to save it from an abortion.  Then they bitch about there tax dollars going to public assistance and Medicaid so the mother can get medical care for her and baby.

4 hours ago, molecule said:

Did they say anything about the context of this? Was it part of a presentation that was done somewhere, or did they stage it all just for the purpose of making this video?

It looks like Steve and Teri brought Anna on stage at some point during the IBLP conference. For what point - since their presentations were about parenting - I'm not sure. 

Photo of Steve and Teri at conference is towards the bottom of this album:

https://m.facebook.com/pg/familyconfs/photos/?tab=album&album_id=762531087253500

They're wearing same outfits and same background as in Anna's video.

I couldn't understand why Steve and Teri kept shuffling backwards and forwards across the stage. Were they part of the 'drama'? Or were they just getting out of Anna's way? They had a spotlight on them as though they were either part of it (which made no sense) or they couldn't let Anna have the stage to herself.

Awful video. Not sure how I got to the end. That breathy over the top voice is going to haunt me all day.

I had to skip through the video. I couldn't watch it straight through. The cringe was just too strong! 

I did catch the fakey-fake applause edited in at the end. That made me chuckle a bit, at least. 

On 5/14/2017 at 2:23 AM, anjulibai said:

According to my spreadsheet, just about, but it's hard to say given her track record. The first two took a while for her to conceive, but the second two she got pregnant very quickly. Daniel is 10 months, though, so if she isn't right now she will be very, very soon. 

Elissa is also due for a pregnancy. Calia is 19 months. 

Hmm, perhaps they are both pregnant. 

What spreadsheet is this? Is it posted here?

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I'd like to congrats Elissa for not being pregnant!

I'd say hold that thought.

4 hours ago, meee said:

What spreadsheet is this? Is it posted here?

No, it's just something I, on my own, keep to keep track of fundie families and kind of figure out when one might have a baby. I keep track of anniversaries and wedding dates, and use those to see how quickly some couples conceive. A lot of people here have them; I think FJ used to have a page devoted to them, but I'm not sure. I know @Bethella might keep track of dates for FJ now.

I don't keep track of a lot of families. Just Maxwells, Duggars, Bates, the 3 fundie Keller daughters, the Ardnts Courtney Rogers, the Rodrigueses, the Andersons, the Coralls, and the S'morton clan. 

3 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I know @Bethella might keep track of dates for FJ now.

Yep, I maintain the "official" FJ list and keep the list threads updated. I do find tracking all these people kind of creepy, but they're putting the information out there themselves and I find it absolutely fascinating. 

Just now, Bethella said:

Yep, I maintain the "official" FJ list and keep the list threads updated. I do find tracking all these people kind of creepy, but they're putting the information out there themselves and I find it absolutely fascinating. 

It is absolutely fascinating, but definitely creepy. 

And yet I have no intention of stopping. :D

I stopped it at the beginning before she got into the anti-choice spiel...and here I was giving her credit for not talking about abortion.

On the quality of her voice- I have a very high, little girl's voice, so at age 58, I try to decline any public speaking gigs. Every time someone asks me to read at their wedding or at a funeral, I cringe. Mine is similar to Anna's, not quite as bad as Pricilla's.

15 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I stopped it at the beginning before she got into the anti-choice spiel...and here I was giving her credit for not talking about abortion.

On the quality of her voice- I have a very high, little girl's voice, so at age 58, I try to decline any public speaking gigs. Every time someone asks me to read at their wedding or at a funeral, I cringe. Mine is similar to Anna's, not quite as bad as Pricilla's.

Same here. Never had a mature voice. I avoid speaking in public. I feel bad for Anna. She would have been a great pre school teacher...or something.

Just now, Tangy Bee said:

I feel bad for Anna. She would have been a great pre school teacher...or something.

Or even a nanny for a family where she can paid. But she is not allowed to get a job. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived