IGNORED

Maxwell 9: Woks and spices - what's next?

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Sarah still can't write.  Christopher's kids are still in bibs.  Anna has an outdoor wok style cooker and actually used some spices. 

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In response to @meee on the other thread:

NR-Anna isn't the only daughter, she has a younger sister (who may be adopted, I can't quite remember). Her sister was one of the bridesmaids in the wedding. NR-Anna also has a brother who seems slightly more worldly. She raised goats and sold goat's milk products at a farmer's market and online before getting married. She was steeped in the Kool-Aid even back then. 

10 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

In response to @meee on the other thread:

NR-Anna isn't the only daughter, she has a younger sister (who may be adopted, I can't quite remember). Her sister was one of the bridesmaids in the wedding. NR-Anna also has a brother who seems slightly more worldly. She raised goats and sold goat's milk products at a farmer's market and online before getting married. She was steeped in the Kool-Aid even back then. 

Anna has a sister who is adopted and may have some health issues.  You can see her in the blog posts on the Anna-Chris nuptials. 

According to a reply to a comment, Sarah is amazed at all the tools that exist to make food tasty. Knowing the Maxwells, it'll be the fact that food can be tasty (and not just be bland bean burritos) that's the surprise. 

Thanks - I thought I remembered one of them having a sister named Sarah who they renamed.  

Re: Anna's hair and the cooking - do they have rules against doing things with hair?  It seems that the most they ever do is headbands and we don't ever see any of them in ponytails or braids (Sarah's recent small braid aside) and mostly they just kind of have their hair down.  I mean, I know Anna Marie is an exception, but as she married in....

(Sorry.  Their legalism and seemingly arbitrary rules in a religion that supposedly doesn't need the rules anymore fascinate me.  Ankle-length skirts, no contrasting buttons, chaperones, no fiction, bean burritos, 2 animal crackers... etc.)

1 hour ago, meee said:

Re: Anna's hair and the cooking - do they have rules against doing things with hair?  It seems that the most they ever do is headbands and we don't ever see any of them in ponytails or braids (Sarah's recent small braid aside) and mostly they just kind of have their hair down.  I mean, I know Anna Marie is an exception, but as she married in....

Reminds me of when my ex and I were first dating.  He took a job at a ranch, room and board provided.  But the food was cooked by a woman with long hair and the ranch hands were constantly finding hair in their food.

Mary's had her hair tied up before. As has Sarah- in that post about the family BBQ she's got her hair in a side ponytail, as has Anna I believe. In fact, in the post about Resurrection Sunday both Anna and Mary are pictured with ponytails whilst in the kitchen.

https://blog.titus2.com/2017/04/20/sunday-recap/

Ok, WTF is this sentence Sarah? 

Even Buddy “reads”: he repeats after an adult his verse.

It doesn't even make sense FFS! 

Who taught her how to speak? Yoda? At least Yoda would impart wisdom. Sarah just parrots Stevehova and Bitch Ass Teri. 

And let's look at this gem while we're at it...

Almost two weeks ago, a 30 pound kettlebell rolled out of a vehicle onto my foot and made its impression on my big toe.

"it made its impression on my big toe..." Does she have the imprint of the kettlebell on her toe? Was her toe impressed by the kettlebell? Does her toe want to invite the kettlebell to dinner? Ask it to court her? Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, Sarah, you're a shitacular writer. 

If Jesus really favored the Maxwells he would have kept that kettlebell from rolling out of the car and onto Sarah's foot. See Maxwells, you're mere mortals like the rest of us. #NewsflashYoureNotSpecialStevie

Sarah dear, when you have a bunion removed, two toes broken and realigned (on each foot) in the span of seven months then we can talk about being still and taking it easy. Try going back to work 6 days after the surgery and wearing a big boot for 5 weeks, while taking care of yourself, and running your house. Sarah, you make my ass hurt. Also, your hair looks shitty. Grow the flock-a-doodle-do up, get a haircut to get rid of your shitty split ends, and stop trying to be "trendy" with the 80's side ponytail and the girly random fucking braid in your shitty split end bird nest of a hairdo. You're 30-something.... start dressing the freaking part. 

Sorry, the Maxwells make me stabby. I really don't like them. In case you hadn't figured that out. 

I asked a very innocent question on their blog, if Smoky Chipotle Chicken would be just as tasty without the chicken? It got rejected - Hi Stevie!

wasn't NR Anna's sister the one who had the same Christian name as one of the Maxwell daughters and when she visited chez Maxwell was renamed Grace so not to confuse them all?

3 minutes ago, johnhugh said:

I asked a very innocent question on their blog, if Smoky Chipotle Chicken wo uld be just as tasty without the chicken? It got rejected - Hi Stevie!

wasn't NR Anna's sister the one who had the same Christian name as one of the Maxwell daughters and when she visited chez Maxwell was renamed Grace so not to confuse them all?

Yes on Amish Anna's sister.  They called her Gracie.  Why not call her Sarab H?

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

They seem to have solved that problem now by not naming anyone who isn't family. "Gracie" would just be "Anna-Marie's sister".

Hell, I'm sure they'd refer to Elissa as "Mrs Joseph Maxwell" if they could get away with it.

6 hours ago, divadivine said:

And let's look at this gem while we're at it...

Almost two weeks ago, a 30 pound kettlebell rolled out of a vehicle onto my foot and made its impression on my big toe.

"it made its impression on my big toe..." Does she have the imprint of the kettlebell on her toe? Was her toe impressed by the kettlebell? Does her toe want to invite the kettlebell to dinner? Ask it to court her? 

I personally cannot wait to see all the different shades of beige featured on Kettlebell and Big Toe's wedding registry. 

@divadivine and @johnhugh,

You two got me laughing so hard I woke the cat *and* had to get out of bed to visit the loo!

TMI? Forgive me -- but please know, there can never be TMsnark from either of you!!!!!

5 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if the Maxwells see Anna's family often enough for the sister's name to be an issue?

14 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

According to a reply to a comment, Sarah is amazed at all the tools that exist to make food tasty. Knowing the Maxwells, it'll be the fact that food can be tasty (and not just be bland bean burritos) that's the surprise. 

I imagine that eating a decent hamburger (with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms) would produce waves of orgasms at chez Maxwell...

Just now, Granwych said:

I imagine that eating a decent hamburger (with bacon, cheese, and mushrooms) would produce waves of orgasms at chez Maxwell...

I doubt they even know what one is. Especially the unmarrieds.

6 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I doubt they even know what one is. Especially the unmarrieds.

Remember how Steve "treated" the family to lobster in New England, and how nobody liked it?  He must make any semi-forbidden foods (like meat) seem awful so that nobody misses them.  (More for Steve, I say!)

As for orgasms, most likely none of any Maxwell females, married or single,  have ever experienced one.

13 hours ago, divadivine said:

If Jesus really favored the Maxwells he would have kept that kettlebell from rolling out of the car and onto Sarah's foot. See Maxwells, you're mere mortals like the rest of us. #NewsflashYoureNotSpecialStevie

If the Maxwells avoid something bad it's because Jesus is faithful.

If the Maxwells don't avoid something bad it's because Jesus is trying to teach them something.

Jesus gets away with murder with this family.

I went to my friend's house yesterday to bake brownies and her daughter has the exact same stiff trough bib as Chris's kids!

My friend's daughter just turned one.

13 hours ago, johnhugh said:

I asked a very innocent question on their blog, if Smoky Chipotle Chicken would be just as tasty without the chicken? It got rejected - Hi Stevie!

Why couldn't they just call her Sarah Grace?! These people are all kinds of odd. I swear the Maxwells are from another planet. Called planet Maxhell of course. 

And do they call NRAnna "Anna Marie" or am I remembering wrong? 

If they can call their daughter in law by her first and middle name to avoid confusion, they most definitely can do it for a random family member they rarely see.

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why couldn't they just call her Sarah Grace?! These people are all kinds of odd. I swear the Maxwells are from another planet. Called planet Maxhell of course. 

And do they call NRAnna "Anna Marie" or am I remembering wrong? 

If they can call their daughter in law by her first and middle name to avoid confusion, they most definitely can do it for a random family member they rarely see.

Yes, Mrs. Christopher Maxwell is Anna Marie in Maxhell.

And Sarah sister of Mrs. Christopher (Anna) Maxwell was Grace during the family's visit to KS because there was already a Sarah.

What it is, you see, is often the common cultic practice of stripping the newby of her former identity by giving her a new name!

OK, maybe I exaggerate.  Since it was kind of obvious that Sarah Grace (Sister of Mrs. C. Maxwell) had a few maybe-cognitive problems, possibly they had to get really stern with her to prevent her from thinking they were calling her and not Sarah Maxwell.  Or maybe she chose to be Grace for the duration of the visit to KS.  I tried to go by my middle name when I was in middle school.  Almost worked, too.  Then the BigJBs found out and set my teacher straight and I asked why they'd given me a middle name if I couldn't ever use it.

But I digress.

I really think the re-naming of non-Maxwells is a cult and control thing with them.  I really do.

Do any other of the FJ OG remember if that was the visit in which the visitors scrubbed down the MaxMothership?

I'm remembering the photo essay of HAPPY SMILING house guests scrubbing down the Maxstairs and other fairly heavy chores that you'd think 10 adults could've completed on their own ... but I'm not recalling faces. 

Honestly, there are lots of things to do and see in NE Kansas that even a cultist like Stevova could not find fault with....deep-cleaning your host's house should not be an option. 

21 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Do any other of the FJ OG remember if that was the visit in which the visitors scrubbed down the MaxMothership?

Yes, a few months before Priss & PraireAnna's wedding, the Hamilton family came to Kansas and together with the Maxwells scrubbed down the soon-to-be-newlyweds' home. 

Damned if I'd have my parents and siblings fly to my soon-to-be honeymoon palace just to spiffy the place up.  If that was the best opportunity for a photo shoot, well then, yup, that showed what a stultifying life awaited me.

1 hour ago, Granwych said:

Yes, a few months before Priss & PraireAnna's wedding, the Hamilton family came to Kansas and together with the Maxwells scrubbed down the soon-to-be-n

Holy moly, THAT was it? 

First, I can't imagine the Maxwells letting any house get Grammy.

Second, why couldn't the cleaning  have been a wedding gift from the Maxwells to Chris and Anna?

Third, any prospective in-laws of the Junior Junebugs suggest we all come down and clean up the house together – – I claim mom immunity and say exactly what I think of the prospective in-laws. 

Again, the cult thing – – see how much we can con you into doing, how low you will go to curry our favor. Gads, I've always disliked Steve Maxwell innately, but I'm getting to the point where I hate the guy. Shudder.

Photo up of Daniel posing with a weights bar. It's only a side on photo, but he looks a lot like Joshua.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived