IGNORED

Sierra - Return of the Strawberries and New Babies

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, potato said:

I definitely misread Mark's shirt as "Let's settle this like idiots" :laughing-jumpingpurple:

Me too. And even though I now get it as a rock, paper, scissors, thing, I don't why he didn't think of wearing a more family photo-worthy shirt for a baptism. Perhaps his "I'm with Stupid" shirt was dirty? : )

@HereticHick I totally agree!  I understand that he probably wore clothes that he didn't mind getting wet, but I don't know what was stopping him from wearing a shirt that was more appropriate for the event, like a plain t-shirt!

It's interesting she's wearing shorts there and in a picture she posted. If it was just 'giving in' for comfort while pregnant and she never plans on doing it again then I doubt she would have posted it (in the era of 'look at my perfect life' instagram). Since fundies are judgey I doubt she would want to publicize a "failing" of modesty standards? Makes me think it's more of a conscious decision to loosen up on the clothing restrictions. Obviously this doesn't mean anything about a change in her beliefs.

I get the feeling that most of her fundie pals, including the ones who are personally 'skirts-only', don't care nearly as much about pants-wearing as we tend to think they do.

On 23/08/2017 at 11:18 AM, singsingsing said:

I get the feeling that most of her fundie pals, including the ones who are personally 'skirts-only', don't care nearly as much about pants-wearing as we tend to think they do.

Sierra and Jessa's mutual best friend Nicole wear modest but still fashionable clothes, much the same style that Jinger has taken to wearing. I imagine it's just personal preference, Jessa is likely free to wear much less modest clothing but is more comfortable in what she is used to. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:45 AM, FeministFunPolice said:

Jessa is likely free to wear much less modest clothing but is more comfortable in what she is used to. 

I bet Jessa wears yoga pants or leggings around her house, just not in public. After all she has an image to maintain. 

Her girls have shorts on too in Ellyn's birthday photos on instagram . Not super short but above the knee. 

It's nice to see them get a regular type birthday party too. Although it makes me wonder how long that'll last when Sierra pops out number 10+

Does anybody how big their house is? Anyways - it's really nice AND christian to help their relatives in this devastating situation!

Just now, ophelia said:

Does anybody how big their house is? Anyways - it's really nice AND christian to help their relatives in this devastating situation!

Its pretty big, but I doubt it has more than 4 bedrooms, so the kids are doubled up anyway. Perhaps it has a basement too?

This is very impressive by Sierra and her husband. Really. I'm guessing this is done through their church, I don't remember their church.

I had thought that connecting families to host through churches would be an excellent plan. 

1 hour ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

This is very impressive by Sierra and her husband. Really. I'm guessing this is done through their church, I don't remember their church.

I had thought that connecting families to host through churches would be an excellent plan. 

I assume many churches are doing this in the area. I really salute Sierra and her family for doing this. They don't have tons of extra room; this is a true sacrifice on their part.

I thought Sierra went to Cross Church just like Derick and Jill. Which makes Derick's current begathon look even worse by comparison.

Wow. No snark here. That was a wonderfully kind thing for them to do. Kudos. Derrick could take a lesson on what true Christians and or decent human beings consider worthwhile charity. (Hint, Derrick, it's not lining your own pockets to advance your dream of never working again)

45 minutes ago, Jessalyn said:

When is sierra due? Has she said?

Somewhere around her son Asher's birthday, January 21, 2018.

Sierra did an instagram live to announce the winner of some giveaway. 

She said she was due January but expected to deliver in December and does not do home births.

She is homeschooling using Abeka and Math-U-See.

She's working on a book and the subject is *drumroll*.... Choose Joy. 

It was boring and I skipped most of it, when asked if girls or boys are easier she said "having so many kids you're just in survival mode all the time". I hope she stops at six.

On 9/5/2017 at 7:28 PM, Jessalyn said:

When is sierra due? Has she said?

She said in her live video that her official due date is January 5, but she expects to go in mid-December, as she usually delivers early 

So if looking at your phone while your kid is strapped into a stroller and can't see you is a no-no how do we feel about a boozy lunch date with a friend while your kids and hers play nicely together on the restaurant's nanny-staffed playgroud while you and the other mom break into the bubbly and shoot the breeze?  OK so long as you put the phone away and chat with Jr. while you're waling home?  I'm asking for a friend.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived