IGNORED

Adoptive "Mothers" 3: Women Who Don't Deserve Mother's Day

FundieFarmer

Kimi's blog is still dark?? Has she ever gone this long without a blog post? :/ I hope the girls are okay. 

Re: special needs adoptions, it's not super ideal to have one family overloaded with more needs than they can reasonably fill, but there are a lot of kids out there who need homes. It's hard to find foster families for older kids, let alone older kids with special needs. We have a severe shortage of foster families; last time I looked it up I think there was something like 400,000 children in care. It's kind of a rock and a hard place situation.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Some of it depends on the special needs and the family, I think. For instance, if you're Deaf, you're probably not going to see any additional work or issues in adopting a child who is consider special needs due to hearing loss.  If a member of the family already uses a wheelchair, it's not as big a deal to adopt a child who uses one. The problem comes when people are already looking to the next adoption before the most recent one is integrated into the family. I would give just as much side eye to a couple who immediately started trying for another baby as soon as they brought the last one home from the hospital.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, FecundFundieFundus said:

Kimi's blog is still dark?? Has she ever gone this long without a blog post? :/ I hope the girls are okay. 

I know she posts in bursts, but this is unusual; I'd like to be optimistic and assume she's wised up regarding how she talks about her daughters publicly, but I'm also worried that she'd treat her girls worse if she had no other outlet. Maybe one of the older girls moved out, is doing stupendous, and Kimi's too embarrassed to come on and talk about it. Who knows; the whole story with her still boggles my mind.

8 hours ago, Terrie said:

The problem comes when people are already looking to the next adoption before the most recent one is integrated into the family. I would give just as much side eye to a couple who immediately started trying for another baby as soon as they brought the last one home from the hospital.

I somewhat disagree about the trying for a baby part, given lots of families want their children to be close in age and some feel like they have to start trying immediately to ensure that. I'd be inclined to agree, though, if there were extraneous circumstances that would make back-to-back pregnancies a bad idea, such as financial straights or health problems. (See the controversy where it was suspected that Jill Dillard didn't wait the recommended two years before trying again after her C.)

The thing with adopted children is that you don't know how they're going to fare in your home environment until they're there. The same can technically be said for any child, but there are so many factors about adoptees that make them less predictable for the average prospective parent, including age, number of placements under their belt, special needs, abuse, etc. A first-time adoptive parent attempting to adopt back-to-back children (or adopt several unrelated children at once) might be in over their head, and a veteran adoptive parent who's gotten "lucky" with several low-risk adopted children in a row might overestimate their ability to handle a more challenging child. Kimi was notorious for this; what was especially spooky was when she continued to brood over the specific daughter that God promised her (yes, seriously) for two years as she adopted each of her first three daughters.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

Wow, I just fell down this rabbit hole today. I am without words, especially upon learning that Kimi is right here in our area!! I'll keep an eye out for her pvc pipe contraption. The ice cream shop she posted on the blog is near where I grew up.

I have been reading back but who is Vickie with Avery? And also I don't understand "rehoming" a child. I don't even like using that word in regard to animals! I am a proud adoptive mom of a child who was rehomed many times throughout her short life as a result of her shitty mom making some shitty life decisions. She asked us if we would take her child in last year and I fully expect she thought we would give her back when she wanted (as was always done in the past). Nope. Based on her pattern, Mr. Puma and I went out and got court appointed guardianship. Her mom continues to make shitty decisions and put a sleazy guy above all her children, so she is no longer in our daughter's life.

My daughter has been in therapy for a year and still deals with her demons, despite being in a stable and loving, nurturing home. My heart breaks for the adopted children I'm reading about here in this thread that don't have that.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

I really wish we could split this thread into two threads - one for Avery/Vickie, and one for the train wreck of Kimi. 

Where is Kimi, btw? She hasn't updated since August! Not even a "i bought this useless toy for my next blessing" post!

• Love 1

4 hours ago, PumaLover said:

Wow, I just fell down this rabbit hole today. I am without words, especially upon learning that Kimi is right here in our area!! I'll keep an eye out for her pvc pipe contraption. The ice cream shop she posted on the blog is near where I grew up.

I have been reading back but who is Vickie with Avery? And also I don't understand "rehoming" a child. I don't even like using that word in regard to animals! I am a proud adoptive mom of a child who was rehomed many times throughout her short life as a result of her shitty mom making some shitty life decisions. She asked us if we would take her child in last year and I fully expect she thought we would give her back when she wanted (as was always done in the past). Nope. Based on her pattern, Mr. Puma and I went out and got court appointed guardianship. Her mom continues to make shitty decisions and put a sleazy guy above all her children, so she is no longer in our daughter's life.

My daughter has been in therapy for a year and still deals with her demons, despite being in a stable and loving, nurturing home. My heart breaks for the adopted children I'm reading about here in this thread that don't have that.

Vicky is a piece of work. She adopted Avery from China. She was her 5th Chinese adoption. She decided before she got Avery home that she would pass her off to another family (rehoming). Avery was in a psychiatric hospital before she was rehomed. Vicky blamed Avery for her behavior. The new family did not work out so Vicky took Avery back. Vicky now says that Avery was her forever daughter. Avery has continued to have problems. She has been hospitalized since coming home. Vicky has made her blog private after Avery came home.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1

Thank you Dark Ants. That's even worse than what I had thought. :(

• I Agree 1

My heart breaks for Avery. I hope Vicky is just keeping her information off the internet because medical professional told her to stop. I worry that Avery was abandoned at some unlicensed facility like momma D did to her daughter.

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

I worry that Avery was abandoned at some unlicensed facility like momma D did to her daughter.

I guess it's either this or another rehoming to another family.

I truely hope that Avery is doing fine. She seems to have gone through a lot in her short life and does not deserve to be treated that way, regardless of her illness. This girl deserves love, care and all the help she can get.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

My heart breaks for Avery. I hope Vicky is just keeping her information off the internet because medical professional told her to stop. I worry that Avery was abandoned at some unlicensed facility like momma D did to her daughter.

Mama D! She was one of the first people I followed here. I’ve often wondered what became of that mean old so-and-so and her track and field obsessed family. She adopted three kids from Africa, ‘rehomed’ the boy, sent Rachel to a shady rehabilitation place, and systematically eliminated Sarah from pictures and the online family narrative. 

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

Mama D! She was one of the first people I followed here. I’ve often wondered what became of that mean old so-and-so and her track and field obsessed family. She adopted three kids from Africa, ‘rehomed’ the boy, sent Rachel to a shady rehabilitation place, and systematically eliminated Sarah from pictures and the online family narrative. 

We missed some drama I think. She made her new journey of faith private. I hope Sarah and Rachel are safe. They should be close to being legal adults. Anyone remember her last name? I wonder if she or Sarah and Rachel are on Facebook.

Edited by DarkAnts
Spelling
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

We missed some drama I think. She made her new journey of faith private. I hope Sarah and Rachel are safe. They should be close to being legal adults. Anyone remember her last name? I wonder if she or Sarah and Rachel are on Facebook.

Her last name is Diacogiannis (with a C, I’m fairly sure). Her older stuff is still all over the internet, but nothing new. Her name always stuck out because I know some Diakogiannises (with a K), but they’re all on the east coast and she’s on the west. 

On 12/15/2017 at 3:38 PM, littlemommy said:

Not a picture or mention anywhere. :( It’ll probably be “Avery? Avery who?” on this blog.

Someone asked her about Avery this morning. The blog is now private. My worst fear seems to have come true. Avery was probably passed on to an unlicensed facility.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

10 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Someone asked her about Avery this morning. The blog is now private. My worst fear seems to have come true. Avery was probably passed on to an unlicensed facility.

It says a lot that other people can’t forget about Avery as easily as Vicky appears to want to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2

On 12/18/2017 at 8:32 AM, littlemommy said:

Her last name is Diacogiannis (with a C, I’m fairly sure). Her older stuff is still all over the internet, but nothing new. Her name always stuck out because I know some Diakogiannises (with a K), but they’re all on the east coast and she’s on the west. 

Yes, it's Diacogiannis. And Sarah is of age now. I can't' remember the age gap - I think Rachel is 17 or so now. 

And it's cute if Vicky thinks she can keep making new blogs and people will just forget about that other "forever daughter" she had.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Oh man I missed the new blog before Vicky went private again.  What a piece of work.  Just up and delete her from your family online?

@PumaLover I live near her too.  I have driven by her house when I was visiting a friend in the area.  Did you hear about what happened to one of owners of the ice cream shop?  I keep hoping I will run into Kimi at Costco or something just so I can see her girls for myself.

Keepercjr no I didn't! I love that place. I have some catching up to do here but every story I hear about is so heartbreaking! I'm an adoptive parent myself. Yes it's hard but you don't just give up on the child you've brought into your life.

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:23 PM, Stormy said:

I somewhat disagree about the trying for a baby part, given lots of families want their children to be close in age and some feel like they have to start trying immediately to ensure that. I'd be inclined to agree, though, if there were extraneous circumstances that would make back-to-back pregnancies a bad idea, such as financial straights or health problems. (See the controversy where it was suspected that Jill Dillard didn't wait the recommended two years before trying again after her C.)

March of Dimes recommends if you are under 35 and have not experienced infant loss, you should wait 18 months to reduce the risk of premature delivery.

https://www.marchofdimes.org/pregnancy/how-long-should-you-wait-before-getting-pregnant-again.aspx

• Love 1

On 12/24/2017 at 9:12 PM, PumaLover said:

Keepercjr no I didn't! I love that place. I have some catching up to do here but every story I hear about is so heartbreaking! I'm an adoptive parent myself. Yes it's hard but you don't just give up on the child you've brought into your life.

Very sad http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article184445888.html