IGNORED

John Shrader Part 12: Empty Baptismal, Empty Brains

FundieFarmer

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a weird sort of announcement. Just sort of throw it in casually like that. I wonder if he was trying to make a point, with his "we consider them our children from conception". However, he's usually not that subtle. Weird - I would think he'd want to shout from the roof that he's got another blessing coming. 

BTW, Esther conceives like clockwork! My spreadsheet predicted she'd have another baby at the end of November this year, and here she is due in December. They are going to have 15 kids at this rate. :(

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

What number blessing will this one be? I've lost count.

What's funny to me is that I bet half his followers have lost track too. If I hadn't already seen the news, I may have scrolled right past the post mentioning eleven children.

That aside, I really worry for Esther. I don't know how it's possible to do what she does with no help from family and obviously no help from John. And there's never any end in sight. I couldn't live that way. I'm really glad I was able to recognize early on that I could not live this way and rejected their beliefs. Esther never got that chance.

WHat a dickhead that he changed the quote from rules the world to impacts the world.

of course a women can't rule the world in john's view. Only a white Christian man. Say...John. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

That's a weird sort of announcement. Just sort of throw it in casually like that. 

I felt like it really shows how unimportant his children are to him aside from the fact he can toot his own horn about the number he's procreated. 

Esther hopefully for her sake will see a drop off in fertility as she ages. Seems the only thing Johnny boy can stick to is sticking it to his wife.

On 5/12/2017 at 9:40 AM, slickcat79 said:

Oh, for sure. They found someone who was already shipping a container and arranged to toss it in there. I'm hoping Daddy Shrader offered to contribute SOMETHING towards the shipping costs, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been thinking about this - that trailer has to be large. I mean it's going to carry lots of Bibles & stuff "to the bush" for John, supposedly. I wonder how much he inconvenienced that lady to send the trailer in her container? It sounds like it was pretty last minute & not well planned... Did John's dad just show up & be like "hey can you move stuff around to fit this huge trailer in your container?"

I just feel like she was probably really taken advantage of as a single woman, because of course Shrader isn't above that type of behavior. 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yeah, his letter was basically saying "this isn't fun anymore, I want to go somewhere else." He travels around not converting folks and then the few converts he did gain jump ship and declare him a con artist. Things are not going well in Zambia at all. 

I know his dad's church basically fully supports him, but you'd think they would be getting tired of supporting an ever-growing family while he produces nothing but extra people to support.  Are they really going to support him indefinitely?  What happens when his dad dies?

sort of a side question - I've heard that some members of the Keller family have come on to FJ to clear things up. Does anyone know how to find those pages? 

I rise up and call them blessed. 

Bro. Jon Shrader

Zambia

Knock of the goddamn rising up, John.  Esther's tired.

Oh, FFS, he knocked up Poor Esther AGAIN? I swear, John's "little johnny" is the only thing doing any work in Zambia. 

(I'm sorry. Here you go::brainbleach::brainbleach::brainbleach:)

Prayers for Esther. The poor woman is going to need them, with now TWELVE children  (counting the one she married). :-(

2 hours ago, Curious said:

I know his dad's church basically fully supports him, but you'd think they would be getting tired of supporting an ever-growing family while he produces nothing but extra people to support.  Are they really going to support him indefinitely?  What happens when his dad dies?

I'm interested in seeing how this all pans out as well. People only have so much money to donate. After a while I imagine they want to either spend their own money, or contribute to other important causes. Not to mention that life happens and things change. I wonder if people's le feel pressured into giving to John and if it drives people away. It's actually fascinating to me.

For all we know Pappy Schrader is loaded and has embezzled and scammed all sorts of money from his church members. I'm sure every penny would go to John. His wife likely won't be trusted with anything. John probably learned his gritting ways from Dad.

2 hours ago, Freejin said:

sort of a side question - I've heard that some members of the Keller family have come on to FJ to clear things up. Does anyone know how to find those pages? 

Which ones?

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Which ones?

I remember a brother. But it was more about Anna Duggar & the wedding when people made fun of Anna's dad. Could be wrong.

god I've been on FJ for so long. How long has it been going? I joined when Arby's engagement happened @3_and_counting when was that? I think I was at university...or living in london. So at least 8 years ago. 

8.46 years is a really big chunk of your life to spend pregnant. 

4 hours ago, PopRox said:

Oh, FFS, he knocked up Poor Esther AGAIN? I swear, John's "little johnny" is the only thing doing any work in Zambia.

Damn it, @PopRox. I nearly choked on a cashew.

I'm feeling really sad for Esther. She was raised in this lifestyle, never had a chance and was sold off to a total douchebag.

2 hours ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

I remember a brother. But it was more about Anna Duggar & the wedding when people made fun of Anna's dad. Could be wrong.

god I've been on FJ for so long. How long has it been going? I joined when Arby's engagement happened @3_and_counting when was that? I think I was at university...or living in london. So at least 8 years ago. 

I think that was Anna's BIL. Was married to Rebekah, but now divorced? I don't know if it was here or a blog post though. 

24 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

I think that was Anna's BIL. Was married to Rebekah, but now divorced? I don't know if it was here or a blog post though. 

Yeah that's right. 

For long-term John-watchers, how do his mood cycles go with the pregnancies?  I was wondering if his depressed-manic phase in the last month was related to this announcement? 

Does he tend to slow down the trips to the bush when she's pregnant, or wouldn't that occur to him?

I don't really remember him paying much attention to pregnancies. 

9 hours ago, Curious said:

Daddy Shrader is a miracle worker at managing to find money for John. He isn't getting all of the money from his church members, he managed to get hold of money from a fund set up to assist IFB missionaries and it sounds like he networks to find ways to get John what he wants. No way this will go on forever, but as long as Daddy Shrader is alive and kicking about he is going to work hard to keep John in Zambia. 

I suspect after he died John will "feel called" to come back and be the pastor of his father's church. He will run it into the ground and then who knows what he will do. Without his dad John would have failed BIGLY a long, long time ago. 

I'd not thought that far ahead, but yes, Daddy Shrader can't keep going for ever. His church is the perfect legacy for John to inherit. 

Years ago, doofus sons were only recalled from exile when the family needed them. 

If there were other more sensible sons around then they took over the family estate, business etc.

The doofus son was sent an allowance to keep him AWAY from the family and OUT of the country.

This is exactly what Daddy Shrader is doing.

Unforunately for Daddy Shrader, John is the only son who will want to take over the "family  business".

@Gobsmacked Yes! John is a classic remittance man!

It's interesting that remittance men were usually the black sheep of the family, though, while John is Daddy's golden boy. Poor Johnny, no one sees how wonderful he is except Big Daddy.
I'm sure he's in line for the throne of daddy's church. It happens all the time around here. A preacher's son is given a small church to keep him busy, then takes over his father's church when dad retires or steps down. Only in IFB or non-denominational churches, though, because they have no oversight from a larger group to hold them accountable, and the pastor's word is law. They treat these churches like a family business.

3 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Unforunately for Daddy Shrader, John is the only son who will want to take over the "family  business".

Is John the only son who still gets along well with Daddy Shrader?  I recall one of John's brothers struggling with drugs(?), and didn't John chastise the brothers for not keeping to the straight and narrow?  It will be interesting to see if John's own children keep to his specific brand of religion, or if they scatter to the wind, ala Poisonwood Bible.

John, the doofus son in exile, so apt!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived