IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

6 hours ago, EowynW said:

She has such an easy life. 

Tell me about it. And she always has. I was recently in Santa Barbara--one of the most beautiful places in the country. Right on the ocean, perfect weather. To my surprise, I saw a sign for Westmont College. This was where Lori went to college, in this dream town on a gorgeous coastline. 

Four healthy kids, summers in Wisconsin, financially stable in childhood and adulthood, college in Santa Barbara,  supportive extended family living nearby--Lori has had every advantage in life and she still isn't happy. Sometimes I feel jealous of the support she has from her parents, the wonderful climate she lives in, etc, but then I remember: she is miserable, she has to "give" sex to her husband, her husband is a jerk, and she doesn't know the joy that comes from working hard at something.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure Lori would approve of my life up to a certain point. I'm a stay at home wife. Since we only have one income, home is my job. I cook from scratch, do all the laundry, iron, have a canning garden, bake every Sunday for the week ahead, pack my husband's lunch, and sew my own clothes, all to save money because I respect that my husband works hard to support us financially. Mr. Nova handles the money because he's better at finances and I trust his judgement in most things. We both like traditional roles. I never take out garbage or pump my own gas and we both think it would be funny if I mowed the lawn. I wear skirts 90 percent of the time. I suppose that on the surface I would appear submissive by Lori's definition. 

Mr. Nova is a man who's actually worthy of love and attention, unlike Ken or Trey or any of other of Lori's fanboys. I am home full time due to a car accident and before I recovered to the point that I could run my household, Mr. Nova took care of me. For more than five years I was virtually incapable of doing much more than feeding myself and basic hygiene. He never complained or made me feel like a burden. He bought a book on healing foods and would cook anti-inflammatory meals for me. He cared for me, our daughter, and our home with a loving and supportive attitude. He still does. I go through long stretches where I relapse and I can't do anything and he's right there for me. We never take each other for granted. 

It is not a lifestyle I would advocate for everybody because life is not the one size fits all, black and white world that Lori makes it out to be. I live this way because it makes me happy to have some control over my life since I can't work outside my home. I don't do it because I revere my husband or to glorify god. Indeed, I don't even believe in god.

They say that those that are hardest to love are usually the ones the need it most. Her life must be miserable to spread such a hateful message devoid of any sympathy or understanding or most important, love. She literally cannot conceive of a healthy, happy partnership where people act from mutual respect so therefore it does not exist and those who think that these earthly feelings brings them closer to god are somehow guilty of her imaginary rules. For abused women she is yet another abuser disguised as a mentor. She has no problem shitting all over these women, or should I say pooping on their lawns? What's worse is there's no reason for her to stop because she gets plenty of positive reinforcement. 

If it's not coherent, please ignore my insomnia induced rant. Sorry for the novel, Lori infuriates me like no one else. 

@SuperNova, welcome! I always enjoy reading other people's thoughts on LoriKen- it gives me hope for humanity. :) 

It's been said before, but it bears repeating: Lori believes that feminism means women must work outside of the home. In her black and white, all or nothing world, if women have the choice to work outside of the home, it's a mandate. 

Nothing could be further from the truth. I was a SAHM for 10 years, and after this week, I'll be a SAHM again. Still a feminist. There's probably a lot of SAHM's who support women having a choice to work or not work. 

The only bad thing about not working anymore is that my home computer is ISP blocked (from commenting) on Lori's website. I can only comment from work. Bummer. 

Today's notebook doodle :shock:  How can Ken feel good about this situation?

She basically says that you have sex because it's what the LORD would want, and maybe eventually you'll get a "reward".  How sick is that?

I guess when she's not busy taking digs at Ken, she moves on to other family members.  Today she wrote a (public) birthday letter to her son.

When I was so sick, you were the one who seemed to care the most. (I know your siblings cared a lot but they didn’t seem to know how to express it like you did.) 

Why was that necessary?  

Her post today is a love letter to her son. No fooling who the favorite one is. Really it sounds like something she should write to Ken.

"When I was so sick, you were the one who seemed to care the most. (I know your siblings cared a lot but they didn’t seem to know how to express it like you did.)"

I'm sure the siblings will love to see that! !!

43 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Her post today is a love letter to her son. No fooling who the favorite one is. Really it sounds like something she should write to Ken.

"When I was so sick, you were the one who seemed to care the most. (I know your siblings cared a lot but they didn’t seem to know how to express it like you did.)"

I thought the same thing - that parts of it read like something one spouse would (should?) write to another. I had the same thought when she told us how her dad rubbed her feet when she was so sick. Why wasn't Ken rubbing her feet?  I know he traveled a lot but it seems, with a very sick wife, he might have looked for a way to be home more. Maybe that's why Steven took care of her; he knew his dad certainly wasn't going to do anything. 

I'm sure the other three kids already know Steven is the favorite. Hopefully, they read that and jus rolled their eyes instead of being hurt by it. One of my brothers is the favorite and when my mother makes it obvious (again) we just quietly look at each other and whisper "of course...The golden child."  Luckily, we don't resent him for it. He can't help it and he is uncomfortable with the obvious favoritism too. 

17 hours ago, Georgiana said:

Oh, we're modeling our marriages on Abraham and Sarah now?  Are we also going to hire some attractive, young household staff for our husbands to sleep with?  You know, LIKE SARAH DID?

And let's not forget that he TWICE lied to another guy that Sarah was his sister so that they would have sex with her. 

The perfect model of a healthy marriage, that one. 

I wonder if Lori inspects her kid's homes for cleanliness  when she goes over. Idle wondering as my own T2 mother is unexpectedly dropping in for a quick day/overnight visit and my house looks nothing like a godly clean home right now. :-/

Her love letter today is creepy. I've never seen her express that much emotion about anything or anyone before. When she writes about Ken's good qualities, it sounds more like she is going through a checklist of what she is supposed to say. It's like she doesn't truly see him as a real person. Seeing her say all this about her son actually makes me feel bad for Ken. (Hopefully the feeling will pass soon.)

Oh lord. Lori has been introduced to SM Davis now by commenter. She's just gonna get worse now. I grew up surrounded by the pearl's teachings, SM Davis and Denny Kenastan's teachings. 

Thinking about what @SuperNova wrote...every couple has to find what works for them. If the more "traditional" roles work for a couple, then that's what works for them. However, unlike what Lori wants to believe, not every couple can or should embrace those roles. My marriage is the exact opposite. My husband got sick...it was up to me to keep the money coming in. With these women that Lori "counsels" to quit their jobs and stay home, what happens if hubby gets sick? What happens when his income is cut by half? Trust me, you don't want to know what happens! Thank God we didn't have children when all this happened, it would have been a disaster. The only reason we had a place to live that wasn't an SUV was because hubs is a veteran and we qualified for a special section 8 program. 

Ken's weighed in with his usual weirdness.

What a terrific Son! I echo all Mom’s words and have loved every stage of life with you. We make a great team as you do most of the work and I cheer you onward and upward. I thank God every day that He entrusted us with you and your siblings… and wish we had more kids in whom we could invest our lives and love.

Happy birthday Mobeave and may this be a fun day and week of celebration. You are a terrific son, husband, father, friend, dentist and orthodontist … but most of all a tried, tested and proven man of God. May the Lord bless you richly this coming year as you seek to love and serve Him

Ken?  He's 30.  You aren't a "team".  He doesn't even live in the same state.  

I swear these people have no concept of boundaries.  It's just creepy.

3 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And I'm sure all four of them, Steadfast Son included, will love this line by Ken:

I thank God every day that He entrusted us with you and your siblings… and wish we had more kids in whom we could invest our lives and love.

Those two are surely a match made in... somewhere. But a match! 

Thinking about it a bit more, not that I think it would have been a good idea, but Lori likes to tell women that they can always adopt if they can't have kids.  Both Ken and Lori have said a lot about wishing they'd had more kids. Why didn't they adopt? 

Maybe Lori's post and Ken's comment were made to ensure that their steadfast son would support their retirement. 

7 minutes ago, Joyce said:

Maybe Lori's post and Ken's comment were made to ensure that their steadfast son would support their retirement. 

Well she does say kids are your best retirement plan. 

21 minutes ago, Koala said:

What a terrific Son! I echo all Mom’s words and have loved every stage of life with you. We make a great team as you do most of the work and I cheer you onward and upward. I thank God every day that He entrusted us with you and your siblings… and wish we had more kids in whom we could invest our lives and love.

Ken's words above, specifically the bolded, just seem like he is desperate for attention and recognition. 

"Don't forget how much I have encouraged and helped you along the way."

Similar words, coming from Steven would seem more sincere - perhaps in a Father's Day note - "Thank you, Dad for cheering me on in all that I do."  I have no doubt Ken and Lori will request such tributes in the upcoming weeks. Remember Steven's wedding day letter to them? I think his bride even wrote one. I always thought Lori requested those so she could publish them and sit back and read all the accolades. 

ETA: "What a terrific Son!" makes it seem like Ken's never met him - like this is the first he's heard of this wonder boy, Steven. 

Also, there was no need to capitalize "son," unless, of course, they think he is The Messiah. 

19 hours ago, Pammy said:

This idea flows from belief in "inerrancy" of scripture. It's a bastardized belief that 'all reality is being accurately described' in the Bible, therefore no instructions can lead to unmentioned consequences, and no exceptions are possible. If any particular consequences or exceptions (or whatever) were truly possible, they'd be mentioned: because 'all reality is being accurately described'. Since this-or-that possibility isn't mentioned, God is obligated to "protect his word" by manipulating reality around people who are following the instructions to prevent that possibility.

I just want to respond here:  Not everyone views the doctrine of inerrancy as you describe here.  Many more mainstream evangelicals will talk about context and original meaning, and even include aspects such as literary device to begin to discuss inerrancy and the interpretation of Scripture. (i.e.  Not all Creationist toss out the theory of evolution)  Many hold that the Bible is "without error"; but would not say that a poetic expression of love is the same as a across all times/cultures/circumstances command.  Allegory, history, poetry, prophecy all have literary elements which inform interpretation.  To hold to this type inerrancy is to seek intellectual context and resolution to the question of "what can 1st century culture contribute to me today"?  Most of us holding to this idea have no desire to return to living like 1st century palestine, or even the Little House on the Prairie days Lori seems nostalgic for with her beloved dictionary.

I think it's more that the particular crazy Lori ascribes to does not believe in anything like the nuance of literary style impacting the message.

@TeddyBonkers Thanks for the welcome :) 

And I agree, feminism is about choice, not hard and fast rules. Before the accident I worked full time in a job that also included a lot of travel for business and I loved it. Enjoy your new SAHM status! 

In regards to the notebook doodle, is there really a bible verse instructing women to be a "living sacrifice"? If so, in what context? 

6 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

@TeddyBonkers Thanks for the welcome  

And I agree, feminism is about choice, not hard and fast rules. Before the accident I worked full time in a job that also included a lot of travel for business and I loved it. Enjoy your new SAHM status! 

In regards to the notebook doodle, is there really a bible verse instructing women to be a "living sacrifice"? If so, in what context? 

Yes, and no. The verse is there, but it is directed to all believers, not just married women. And the sacrifice is 'to God' not to your spouse. Romans 12:1. 

3 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I think she is trying to quote a phrase from Romans 12:1-2 into her thought.  As normal, it's completely isolated/out of context/applied arbitrarily.

57 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I just want to respond here:  Not everyone views the doctrine of inerrancy as you describe here.  Many more mainstream evangelicals will talk about context and original meaning, and even include aspects such as literary device to begin to discuss inerrancy and the interpretation of Scripture. (i.e.  Not all Creationist toss out the theory of evolution)  Many hold that the Bible is "without error"; but would not say that a poetic expression of love is the same as a across all times/cultures/circumstances command.  Allegory, history, poetry, prophecy all have literary elements which inform interpretation.  To hold to this type inerrancy is to seek intellectual context and resolution to the question of "what can 1st century culture contribute to me today"?  Most of us holding to this idea have no desire to return to living like 1st century palestine, or even the Little House on the Prairie days Lori seems nostalgic for with her beloved dictionary.

I think it's more that the particular crazy Lori ascribes to does not believe in anything like the nuance of literary style impacting the message.

Absolutely...I have a BA in Biblical Studies from Liberty University...and, in ALL my classes, to defend the meaning of a particular passage of scripture, especially in the Old Testament, there were numerous factors involved in the interpretation. Literary genre, historical context, application to the 21st century, understanding that history was recorded MUCH differently in ancient times than in modern times. My professors demanded quite rigorous research for all the freaking papers I wrote. The issue of "submission" was my final NT class paper. Yeah...that took me a month to research. I can tell you that my conclusions were the complete opposite of the bullshit Lori spews. But, I did what she would never do...RESEARCH. 

Also, what Lori and many others don't understand is the revolutionary description of the empty tomb. The gospels state that WOMEN found the tomb empty. Hell, Peter and crew were hiding and shitting their pants. The WOMEN went back and told the apostles in the upper room. Jesus appeared to the women FIRST. That is HUGE considering the time and culture. 

::::::steps off soapbox:::::

51 minutes ago, EowynW said:

But your husband is God, don'tcha know. 

But if God's all-knowing, then why does my husband always forget an item or two from the shopping list? :my_angel:

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived