IGNORED

Lori Alexander 19: Hating Birth Control, Consistency, and Logic

I agree.  She'll make some bizarre quip about the Bible saying we only get ____years, and then she'll start collecting the things she wants.  I honestly don't think Lori is capable of caring for another person, much less grieving their loss.

A perfect example of how callous Lori is:

Reader:

This does not apply to legitimate clinical depression due to chemical imbalances. I have a friend who is a dear sister in Christ and she suffers from depression through no fault of her own. She needs medication to help her sick brain wiring the same as I do to help with my sick thyroid wiring.

Lori:

Why is depression in women skyrocketing, Joy? Many, many women are on drugs for it which a side effect is depression! God tells us in His Word that He gives us a “sound mind” so I believe and trust Him.

“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7) and that we are transformed by renewing our minds with truth so I believe a lot of these “depressed” women would find a lot of relief if they would take their eyes off of themselves and their circumstances and put them on Christ and who they are in Him instead.

I am sure no further comments will be allowed.  Lori always gets her way!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Hane said:

A bit OT: Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute, and was not the woman who bathed Jesus' feet with her hair (that woman is not named in the Bible). Mary Magdalene was one of his disciples, functioning much as a deacon might today.

Oh my goodness!  Thank you!  I've read my Bible many times and never caught that. Must be something I was taught in church as a child and just absorbed as a 'true thing'.  It states Christ delivered her of 7 demons.

The person I was thinking of was the woman caught in adultery, who is NOT Mary Magdalene.

I apologize! Thank you for showing me that.  I love learning new truths.

I was banned today on the Facebook chatroom because of what I wrote regarding Lori's insensitive comment to Joy. Here's what I wrote on Facebook, YouTube, and her blog:

Hi Lori, thank you for your post, but I found your comment to Joy in “Make Sure Your Heart is Happy in God!” unusual since you had or maybe still have an illness in your brain. If people have a sickness, besides seeking the help of Jesus, won't you also tell them to seek medical help, just as you did? If I remember right, you sought several medical opinions about your illness since your initial physicians did not find anything wrong with you. Jesus said, "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."  Mark 2:17

Of course, the comment only showed up on YouTube.

I also had a conversation with Lori on Instagram about women being silent in church, but she deleted them as well. From what I remember, I first asked if Paul meant those verses literally, can women sing and pray aloud in church? I said women pray, read, and sing in our church. I am Catholic, by the way.

Lori said that women can sing because singing is not speaking, but not pray or read aloud. Why is the men not praying or reading?

I said that the men pray and read, but the entire faithful is called to read and pray. I wanted to explain that this was allowed by the Church since the Second Vatican Council, but it may be too much to bring in tradition since she seems to base everything just from Scripture.

Lori asked me for a verse that supports that women are not to be silent in church, and I said that in 1 Corinthians 11:5, Paul shows that women pray and prophesy in church: “But every woman that prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head: for that is one and the same as if she were shaven.”

Lori pointed to her blog post, “Women Prophesying in the Church” but of course, this conflicts with Church teaching and tradition. The one that remains is my last comment:

I read the post; however, this conflicts with the teaching and practice of the Church, which teaches us that the context of Saint Paul is limited to the church of Corinth at that time. I will just continue reading your other posts, but I cannot disobey the Church on this and other doctrines. Thank you for your time.

She always ignores that women prayed and prophesied. Saying women cannot read scripture aloud in church is such bullshit. 

2 hours ago, slp said:

Oh my goodness!  Thank you!  I've read my Bible many times and never caught that. Must be something I was taught in church as a child and just absorbed as a 'true thing'.  It states Christ delivered her of 7 demons.

The person I was thinking of was the woman caught in adultery, who is NOT Mary Magdalene.

I apologize! Thank you for showing me that.  I love learning new truths.

This first dawned on me as I was reading the Gospels during a church retreat: these women were not mentioned by name, but Mary Magdalene was. Surely if one of them was Mary Magdalene, the writer would have said so?

The myth of Mary Magdalene the reformed prostitute was promulgated by Pope Gregory in 591 A.D., jump-starting the dreaded "virgin/whore" dichotomy.

To be fair, I never learned the truth about her despite years of Catholic catechism classes!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived