IGNORED

Ask A Manager crossover: "I called my boss's daughter a whore"

AuntCloud

My apologies for the click-bait-y title, but that is essentially what happened.

Here's the link to the poster's update, which contains a link to the original post:

Ask A Manager

The saddest thing is, although the poster states that the word "whore" was yelled at her numerous times for any infarction of the Good Christian Girl code of conduct, she truly believes this was beneficial for her and that dating is immoral. Read the comments, they're gold. 

The Duggars and FJ are mentioned, by the way. It's a very relevant post with lots of good comments.

There were so many comments that I ended up skimming most of them, but I did catch several Duggar mentions and one Recovering Grace mention, but I must have missed a reference to FJ. Ah well...

This quote from the original poster/letter writer made my jaw drop:

To all of those saying my behavior is not Christian or that I am not a “true Christian”: I am well aware that Jesus was a friend of prostitutes, but Jesus is not all there is to Christianity. Read your Bibles.

(my bold)

I know many of the fundamentalists we snark on value parts of the Old Testament and some of Paul's letters over Jesus' words, but I don't remember ever hearing one of them state so baldly their disdain for Christ. Just, wow.

Yep, Jesus is not all there is to Christianity, that statement wowed me. I would love to ask little miss smug what else is it, since being a Christian is supposed to mean being a follower of Christ.

I actually think she hit the nail on the head. So-called Christians who hate are actually bible idolaters and followers of Paul and the Old Testament. They don't measure against the principles Christ taught (LOVE, eleventy!!!) because of considering every word in the bible as having equal value.

Just ugh. This is why, as a Christian, I have such low regard for fundies as they totally misrepresent Jesus and work counter to his cause. 

Holy shit this whole scenario is wrong on so many levels. She thinks it's ok that she was called a whore? And that it helped her be a moral person? Her boss was ok with it after an apology? !?! Wtf! Her parents were clearly verbally and psychologically abusive, at the very least. I'm surprised she was allowed to get an education and go work at a major corporation. 

Archived