IGNORED

JinJer: Now with Social Media

Destiny

Continued from here:

JinJer have made a miraculous appearance on Instagram. We are all hoping that doesn't mean what we think it means. 

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, he's just kitschy bible quotes with no commentary. One of which is from  months ago. I guess he decdided to repost it, since his account was scrubbed when that half nekkid pic came out. 

Why do you think it took them so long? I feel like Jill and Jessa's social media was instaneous with a courtship! 

2 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Why do you think it took them so long? I feel like Jill and Jessa's social media was instaneous with a courtship! 

Jeremy wanted to be different for a while to create hype? That would be my best guess. I would say that they weren't interested but why would they all of a sudden be interested? It's crafty. Whatever it is. 

1 minute ago, Carm_88 said:

Jeremy wanted to be different for a while to create hype? That would be my best guess. I would say that they weren't interested but why would they all of a sudden be interested? It's crafty. Whatever it is. 

She's probably preggo. Boo.

5 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

She's probably preggo. Boo.

Oh I assumed that was a given. :P 

2 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh I assumed that was a given. :P 

I just hope they stay in TX and don't move near the compound.

58 minutes ago, nst said:

Perhaps Jeremy will be less intense than Ben with his posts. 

No way. Have you seen Jeremy's sermons? Hour long expository preaching that really gets into particular theology. He sent JB over 100 pages of questionnaire where he claims the most important section was about "how he came to know the Lord"

Buckle up nst, he's gonna take us for a theological ride.

13 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

No way. Have you seen Jeremy's sermons? Hour long expository preaching that really gets into particular theology. He sent JB over 100 pages of questionnaire where he claims the most important section was about "how he came to know the Lord"

Buckle up nst, he's gonna take us for a theological ride.

I am buckled and ready to interpret for you :D

43 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

they really needed the 6 months off what with Jinger working during her childhood. 

and Jessa needed to train them.... 

and yes the new season starts and because Jill is MIA 

29 minutes ago, nst said:

I am buckled and ready to interpret for you :D

they really needed the 6 months off what with Jinger working during her childhood. 

and Jessa needed to train them.... 

and yes the new season starts and because Jill is MIA 

Hey, I never thought for a minute that Jeremy would pass up easy TLC money. They will outgrow that apt pretty fast. Buying a house will probably be his next big step.

@VelociRapture said:

Hey God, if you're listening... I'll take that pony she asked for... 

@OyToTheVey said:

I'll take the Disney trip @neurogirl asked for!

Personally, I'll take @Cheetah's 

"sexy fries" - waffle-cut sweet potato fries with an Indian curry sauce

Yum!  :curry:

Someone who  condemns women who have abortions and gays is not going to free anyone.

Since I refuse to participate in baby speculation at this point, I'll redirect the thread drift back to the beauty of "skorts", for @Scrabblemaster and any others who are interested.

Sure, the very name sounds stupid and gooberish.  It's essentially a golf skirt -- above-the-knee length skirt front & back with lightweight shorts sown into the waistband on the inside.  (The shorts portion is completely invisible on the outside.)

I find skorts cooler than capris and way more comfortable than shorts.  As with anything else, they can be dressed up or down. 
Once summer hits, my skorts ARE my casual summer wardrobe.

(My first attempt at doing a spoiler. Dear Rufus, please help.  If he screws it up -- Dear Mods, please forgive.) I'm trying to show the current selection available at Christopher & Banks/CJ Banks.

4 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Joy still doesn't have one, and she's engaged.  Maybe they have learned from Jill & Jessa's mistakes with jumping into social media and talking to people like they speak with their like minded family and friends. So Jinger & Joy were/are getting lessons in talking to the public without coming across as self righteous assholes.  I'm thinking Boob & the PR team are schooling the ladies in their public persona to help pick up the pieces of Joshlygates and the damage done by Jessa and Jill being so acrimonious 

i think it's no coincidence that they've pulled back the crazy since the josh sagas..

I don't necessarily think that the Duggars are as smart and strategic as some of you do, I do think that while they have horrible beliefs they are still humans and can make decisions that are not part of the show and just theirs. Jinger and Jeremy said they wanted their first six months in more privacy and they have now had that period and have decided to be a bit more open. I really don't think that it is that much more to it. Yes, she might be pregnant but even with no social media ever we all knew that would happen sooner rather than later. Even if they are going to go more mainstream I don't see a baby 1-2 years after being married as strange. 

@BabyBottlePopJill and Jessa both joined Instagram in mid-May 2014 - about a month before Jill's wedding and over 6 months after Jessa's courtship announcement. It seemed like Jill's relationship moved really fast because, like JinJer, the Duggars were able to keep things very quiet. The distance between the couples likely worked to their advantage here. The reality though, is that both couples seem to have had some sort of precourtship phase and we have no clue when it started.

Jill and Derick courted sometime in November (after Erin Bates Paine's wedding early in the month) through late March, then had a three month engagement. So around seven months total for them.

Jessa and Ben also had a getting to know you phase, but their courtship announcement was forced after the news was leaked. They courted around eleven months (September 2013 to August 2014) and we're engaged just under three months for a total or around thirteen to fourteen months.

So while they joined at the same time, neither of them really jumped onto social media super early in the relationship either.

I love Instagram and I've decided to follow Jin and Jer for a period of two months. If by then they've posted anything that amused, intrigued or entertained me, I'll give them a two month extension. And so on.

I've a funny feeling though that they won't make it past my first hurdle. It'll be all religious spew and loved up selfies promoting whatever coffee/tacos/cupcakes in a jar that sheared being paid to shill.

Over it  :annoyed:

Not a skort fan. Give me a skirt or shorts but I don't need both.

I don't buy the whole six months of privacy thing. No doubt TLC was filming much of it for next season. Jeremy doesn't seem to want the quiet private life. If he did, he wouldn't post videos on the internet or have married someone he knows will be on a crappy cable show with her famewhoring family. Jinger will do whatever Jeremy wants so she is going to continue to film as a godly perfect wife. 

Chickenettiluvr, I've never heard of skorts. What a good idea! Smart skirts for summer/work etc with no thigh rub! 

Genius. 

Thankyou for the pics.

Well if Jinjer intended to wait for that 6 months, they are very precise and perhaps anxious? Tomorrow, would be exactly 6 months, right?

@ChickenettiLuvr, I think some skorts are divided on back, but I like the ones that look like regular skirts all the way around.  I have a couple of running skirts which are basically skorts  that I bought at Target.  I wear those when it's too hot to wear jeans.

I'm in the boat that they "purposed to work on our relationship for the first 6 months of marriage" and that is why not only were there no social media accounts until now, but there was that passing comment on the show about no visitors for 6 months.  I'm betting on a visit to Laredo soon from some of the Duggars.  I know Jessa etc was just down in Waco for the girls' Magnolia trip but I'm talking a full purposeful, "Let's go to Laredo!" trip.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived