IGNORED

Seewalds 22 - Funerals and Embryo Cake

choralcrusader8613

^seriously. I dig her look. I love a soft, faded black T. Shes hanging out with her friends ffs, looks like shes comfortable and being herself.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand people who wear shoes indoors. Surely that would be the one place to take your shoes off. *Shrug* 

I'm slipper girl myself, but I don't have issues with bare feet in the house either.

35 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't understand people who wear shoes indoors. Surely that would be the one place to take your shoes off. *Shrug* 

NOOO! Do NOT restart the Great Shoe-Wearing-Indoors debate!!! Rufus, protect us! :pb_lol:

But as a fellow Canadian I'm totally there with you. Shhhhhh....

Just now, singsingsing said:

NOOO! Do NOT restart the Great Shoe-Wearing-Indoors debate!!! Rufus, protect us! :pb_lol:

But as a fellow Canadian I'm totally there with you. Shhhhhh....

Haha! I am not starting any debates! Simply my opinion! :P 

I think it's just different strokes for different folks! Meh!

Her t-shirt is from the Magnolia silo/Joanna Gaines place they went to... what gives you the impression that it's Ben's shirt? Are girls not allowed to wear t-shirts? 

No. We just generally don't see Jessa in men's style tees. That's all. 

And the no-shoes thing was more of a reaction to bare feet on those filthy Duggar floors. Just icky IMO. Heck, I don't wear shoes in MY home unless it's freezing cold, then I'll put on some socks or slippers. But I keep my place neater than the Duggars do. 

Look here's the thing, bare feet in doors is normal. Bare feet in the Duggar's house is likely disgusting because those kids always seem to have filthy feet. I doubt whoever's jurisdiction it is to mop floors does a very good job. 

43 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Look here's the thing, bare feet in doors is normal. Bare feet in the Duggar's house is likely disgusting because those kids always seem to have filthy feet. I doubt whoever's jurisdiction it is to mop floors does a very good job. 

Considering  it seems like the Duggar kids frequently run around outside with bare feet it is really hard to tell where their dirty feet come from.

And I must be really not picky about floors because I haven't seen anything that would make me feel uncomfortable running around barefoot in their homes. I would wash my feet/shower before bed, but I do that every night since we have year round tropical weather and I am barefoot or wearing flip flops 99% of the time. 

19 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

And I must be really not picky about floors because I haven't seen anything that would make me feel uncomfortable running around barefoot in their homes. I would wash my feet/shower before bed, but I do that every night since we have year round tropical weather and I am barefoot or wearing flip flops 99% of the time. 

I just don't pictured the Duggars being as diligent as you are with it.

Admittedly, I am somewhat of a clean freak, so the thought of running around barefoot all day then not washing your feet before you get into bed is so gross to me. Camping is like a nightmare for me. 

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I love eating peanut butter while barefoot...

I am barefoot watching Iron Chef Eats 

The floor looks fine and that shirt looks like a women's fit. I don't see anything that indicates it's Ben's. Not gonna get into the shoe thing, wouldn't want to displease Rufus.

On 5/26/2017 at 8:29 PM, Shadoewolf said:

Oh and Virginia. In some areas there residents seem to drop the first R, so it comes out vig-in-ya. And Norfolk is no-fuck. 

Oh noooooo..... I say Norfolk the way you describe but I'm going to have to stop because I will literally laugh from now on bc all I will see in my head is "No fuck" 

On 5/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, Shadoewolf said:

Oh and Virginia. In some areas there residents seem to drop the first R, so it comes out vig-in-ya. And Norfolk is no-fuck. 

No...Norfolk is Nawrfuck. I grew up in Newport News (aka Bad Newz, home of Michael Vick). 

I also speak "Spanglish"...

My ex was stationed at Eustis for 2 years. It was...interesting. Best part was going to the beach and working at Busch Gardens.

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I love eating peanut butter while barefoot...

On my way to circumcise my son, who I haven't decided to bottle or breastfeed yet. :pb_lol:

20 minutes ago, Shadoewolf said:

My ex was stationed at Eustis for 2 years. It was...interesting. Best part was going to the beach and working at Busch Gardens.

We lived just south of Eustis off Jefferson...15 min to Busch. I worked at Newport News Shipbuilding and hubs was stationed (at various times) at Norfolk Naval, Little Creek, St Julien's Creek, Yorktown Naval Weapons Station. Then he retired and went to work at the Shipyard (like all good squids do upon retirement or getting out of the Navy). 

Were you there before or after the new commissary at Eustis? 

On the pronunciation topic: my mother who is from Brooklyn says "drawer" like "draw". I kinda do something in the middle. I, as well as everyone else in my family and everyone I grew up with (NJ very close to NYC), pronounce "forward" like "fo-ward". Incidentally I often spell that word wrong. We also say marry/married differently. It's hard to explain in text but it's not pronounced the same way as merry or Mary. From what I understand this is a purely NYC area thing. I use it to determine if an actor grew up near me :)

This is my best contribution to the conversation about differences in dialect: https://www.pbs.org/pov/americantongues/

But if you can't watch it on PBS (like me, though I watched it twice in various linguistics courses), there's also the youtube clipped up version: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA5A8E4EA074CD3F3

Regional differences are pretty amazing. There are people on that documentary that I truly struggle to understand, though we're all speaking English.  Dialectical differences can be incredible. 

I think my biggest pet peeves is Nuc-u-lar for nuclear (nu-clear). And maybe 'cutter' for Qatar (ka-tar). That might be a Canadian vs American difference.

I've noticed a change in the hard vs soft 'T' sound in words recently. For example, I say 'impor-ant' with a really soft 'T'. But I've been hearing more of 'impo-TINT', 'cur-TIN'. To me it sounds like really over-exaggerated pronunciation but now I wonder if it's regional to the US Midwest just like my soft 'T' is to southern Ontario? 

Ps Canadians do NOT say 'oot in aboot' for out and about. Although apparently there is a linguistic term for how Canadians say the 'ou' sounds higher or lower in the mouth than most Americans that gave the basis for that accent stereotype.

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Sorry to get back on topic. Apparently, this is Jessa's "tribe." The other girl is Kristen Young, the Tacos4Life wife. Check out the nasty floor. Love how Jessa entertains people (hey, she still practically lives there) in Ben's tee shirt and bare feet. At least put on some flipflops and maybe on of her OWN shirts. You certainly fit into them, since we see her wearing them when she's 9 months gone. 

isn't she at her parent's house? it seems perfectly reasonable to go barefoot in a family home... 

Thanks to being constant practice because of my English in laws I think I have a rather strange accent that is not German but not really British either (although they all think it is very good and still work on it). But there is one word I just can't say correct to save my life: regularly 

How the hell do you come from the la- to the -rly??????

Jessa has a tribe because it is part of her brand.  They are her hanger on tribe.  At least she is not in the middle like she usually is.  They also have the "values" she has.... Sierra is probably her Guru being pregnant constantly. It's an annoying tribe imo because it's so obvious they are humpers and she just says she needs a tribe. 

49 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Thanks to being constant practice because of my English in laws I think I have a rather strange accent that is not German but not really British either (although they all think it is very good and still work on it). But there is one word I just can't say correct to save my life: regularly 

How the hell do you come from the la- to the -rly??????

I have no clue how "correct" this is, but I pronounce it reg-you-lar-lee. So I move the r and make it lar-ly instead of la-rly. (midwestern US)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived