IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

I feel a little bad for her. All her younger sisters are marrying. I think I will be extremely surprised when Jana starts courting.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree it is depressing. Because she is not married she is not viewed as a real adult. Not to mention that all of who would be her friends are married and off in lala land with their husbands. The only time she really gets to interact with them is is when they hand off their offspring for her to watch. For instance, the time when every female down to Joy got to go out and she stayed home to watch the kids. 

7 hours ago, melon said:

On one episode JB was dressing up as a Wiseman,Jennifer was terrified when he put the beard on...he kind of laughed and tried to pick her up,if I remember correctly,and she cried for Dill...(Jill) not MIchelle.

There is a lot of footage of Jennifer reaching for Jill, especially during outings and trips. 

Also, did I dream that there is an episode with Jackson sleeping with Jana? 

14 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Is there video of Jana wishing the young couple well?  I saw JD, but not Jana. 

With Mama. She lets Mama do most of the talking which is the same old yada yada yada.

44 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

With Mama. She lets Mama do most of the talking which is the same old yada yada yada.

Wasn't that the congratulations on Joy's engagement video? I haven't seen one of her from this wedding.

2 hours ago, ariel9 said:

I agree it is depressing. Because she is not married she is not viewed as a real adult. Not to mention that all of who would be her friends are married and off in lala land with their husbands. The only time she really gets to interact with them is is when they hand off their offspring for her to watch. For instance, the time when every female down to Joy got to go out and she stayed home to watch the kids. 

This is the most depressing part for me, as well, that Jana gets treated like a child because she's not married. For God's sake, she's almost 30 and a lot more capable in a lot of ways than her own mother. 

My wish for Jana is that she finds her happiness in whatever way SHE wants. If it's marrying a good guy and having a few kids, great. If it's a vocation or career, or hell, even a really elaborate hobby, then good for her... so long as it's her choice and her doing. It seems at least by appearances that her life is tightly controlled by her parents and if that is the case, I hate that for her sake. 

Jim Bob has Jana's life and hymen hermetically sealed, keeping her under his thumb and allowing the "CinderJana" hype to build. When the show runs out of weddin's and courtin's and REALLY hits rock bottom, he'll roll her out and marry her off in the fundie weddin' of the century. All for the mighty KA-CHING!

It has been the p!an all along.

23 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

I forget, did Grandma Duggar have her own room at the TTH? Cause Jana could move there?

She did. Near the laundry room. 

if gma duggar lived in a separate house on the property, i could see jana possibly being allowed to move into a spare room there, "to help/provide companionship to JB's aging mother" or something of the like, while still being over at the main TTH to cook and mind the little girls and help with projects. but i don't think JB and Michelle would let her move in to a separate room at the house just because. especially since there are several adult boys still living at home. 

I thought GmaMary moved out of the TTH and lives with her daughter, D something. And didn't they just move a house to the TTH property? Was that for GmaMary or someone else. 

Many questions need answers. 

2 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

She did. Near the laundry room. 

i' m the only that always thought that they keep his mother like a laundry lady????

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought GmaMary moved out of the TTH and lives with her daughter, D something. And didn't they just move a house to the TTH property? Was that for GmaMary or someone else. 

Many questions need answers. 

They moved a log cabin onto the property and yes it's for grandma Mary. 

8 minutes ago, infooverload said:

Does anyone know why grandma Mary moved out of the house?

There's likely a list. I'd love to think there's an element of finally being disgusted with her blue-eyed boy, but sadly I doubt it. I know women have it rougher in their world, but I hold her equally responsible as the other adults who enabled everything by saying nothing in an appropriate direction.

Oh, I wish Jana and John David would go off and live in a house together.  And get away!   ....my brother and I were real close, and had I not gotten married, we prolly would've ended up doing that for awhile.  It was another ten yrs after me before he got married.  I think the two of them are close enough that it might be nice.  Especially now that there aren't any more older sisters.  (Let the new crop be sister-mothers....the next oldest is 12, isn't she?!  Lol....jk!)

This is probably off topic to the convo at the moment, but it is Jana related.  I am one of triplets. I have an identical sister and a fraternal brother. I am close to both and share very strong bonds with both. The Duggars have  always made me eyeroll with their militant jinder roles, but today it really got me thinking about Jana and JD. I am sure the only real bonding went on in the womb since God forbid boys and girls get to relate as siblings and friends if they are not the same sex.  I wonder when their closeness as siblings was cutoff?  I wonder if them not being able to be close has turned into them being quite different than the other duggars in that  they are quiet and do more than just talk, how the other kids blather in THs. They are more aloof in general. Even when talked together they seem odd.  It is just an odd dynamic that the duggar parents have created with their rules.  I suppose I am probably reading more into it, but it has always bugged me.

@GotCaughtDancingIt's possible their quiet natures are due to that. Several Duggars are on the quiet side though, so it could just be who they were born.

It seems the separation really begins around the start of puberty.

[mention=19573]GotCaughtDancing[/mention]It's possible their quiet natures are due to that. Several Duggars are on the quiet side though, so it could just be who they were born.

It seems the separation really begins around the start of puberty.

Except that Jana was supposed to be a bit of a more challenging child, before whatever training began. Jana is quiet now, but she wasn't born that way, according to Duggar lore. She's meek by training, not by birth.

Johanna and Jackson just recently reached the point of sibling separation by gender. Around puberty does seem to be the general time, I agree.

7 hours ago, amandaaries said:

Except that Jana was supposed to be a bit of a more challenging child, before whatever training began. Jana is quiet now, but she wasn't born that way, according to Duggar lore. She's meek by training, not by birth.

she was more challenging??why???

On 5/27/2017 at 3:47 PM, Iamtheway said:

Jennie for sure. She seems over it. I hope she's quietly planning her escape. 

Jenni's, what, 10? in a few years she'll get packed off on a few Journey To The Hearts......and there's the end of that. she'll have the sweet smiles and desire to truly know god and find such joy in spending time with scripture and ya-dee-dah-dee-dah.....*sadface* 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:10 PM, season of life said:

I feel a little bad for her. All her younger sisters are marrying. I think I will be extremely surprised when Jana starts courting.

I feel bad for her, too.  At her age it's normal for non-fundies to start feeling a little sad about their lack of dating/marriage prospects (I know not ALL women feel that way, but I certainly did at 27/28 given that there was nothing on the horizon.)  In her case, I imagine most devout fundie men have already married, given the abstinence requirements.  I hope this is something she wants, not something that has "happened" to her. 

45 minutes ago, Closed Womb said:

I feel bad for her, too.  At her age it's normal for non-fundies to start feeling a little sad about their lack of dating/marriage prospects (I know not ALL women feel that way, but I certainly did at 27/28 given that there was nothing on the horizon.)  In her case, I imagine most devout fundie men have already married, given the abstinence requirements.  I hope this is something she wants, not something that has "happened" to her. 

There could always be new converts or those finding their way back *shudder.

1 hour ago, likejana86 said:

she was more challenging??why???

They talked about how Jana would be the one to climb over stuff, etc. as a toddler, while John-David would follow Jana once he saw her do something. I'm assuming by "more challenging", they meant that Jana was always into everything and it was exhausting to constantly get her to stop doing that.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived