IGNORED

Jana's Future 4 - Family Ties

choralcrusader8613

There was an episode where JD and Joy talked about how Jana used to be very outgoing but was now very quiet. I believe it was the one where she installed lights at Jessa's house. I didn't understand at the time and still don't, why this was important enough to be discussed like this by 2 of her siblings.  Like it was a good thing. It just bothers me.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, CatchThatCow said:

There was an episode where JD and Joy talked about how Jana used to be very outgoing but was now very quiet. I believe it was the one where she installed lights at Jessa's house. I didn't understand at the time and still don't, why this was important enough to be discussed like this by 2 of her siblings.  Like it was a good thing. It just bothers me.

That what all those Journey to the Heart sessions will do to you.  Isn't having a "meek and quiet spirit" one of the highest compliments for women in fundiland?

Jana is lovely. I don't know what's wrong with these fundie men. They should be knocking down the door to get to her. They are idiots if they don't, and I don't want them on my team. Cannot believe she is still single. Someone get a grip!

I would love it if she really is just not interested.

Some of the stuff that's been said on telly, especially that time JB was asked about it, has given me the sneaking suspicion that on top of any survivor guilt/desire to protect the younger ones, she might just have something on her parents. Something that lets her effectively say 'screw you' to JB at any selection. - I notice she hasn't seemed to JTTH in recent times? Perhaps the folks are finally scared to mistreat her for fear of what she could say/do?

...I can't help it, I'm still hoping for at least one woman strong in herself coming out of that house regardless of how long it may take.

9 hours ago, Rio said:

They should be knocking down the door to get to her.

Who says they're not? Maybe she doesn't want to be with some fundie freak. Jeez. 

We have no way to know what Jana thinks or feels. I doubt she's blackmailing her parents. I doubt she's staying to protect the littles. I doubt there are no men interested in her.

The sad truth is that Jana is most likely pretty faithful to the cult, her family, and her beliefs. I think it's understandable people are hoping for something different because she does seem like a lovely young woman... but for all we know she's secretly a horrid person who uses every minor transgression to beat her siblings into compliance.

Note, I don't actually think that, just that it's possible. We see very little of their actual lives and what we see is highly sanitized. Jana could very well be wonderful, but she could also be pretty terrible too.

I think people mean well, but the unintentional infantilizing of these unmarried daughters in their late 20s or 30s needs to stop. Jana is an adult who is more than capable of making her own choices at this point. If she isn't married yet it's probably because she's chosen not to for whatever reason. 

@CatchThatCowYour avatar is phenomenal. That is all. :pb_lol:

6 hours ago, Rio said:

They should be knocking down the door to get to her. 

I bet they are but apparently she's not interested and I love it.

Jana is probably waiting for the perfect, godly man that God I mean Jim Bob, sends to her. Until she marries, we won't truly know Jana. We may never know. 

I'm pretty okay with not knowing the real Jana. She's like schrodinger's cat, she might be nice or she might not be. Until someone opens her box, we are in limbo. 

I really doubt she is blackmailing her parents. Not only is it a terrible transgression to her beliefs but what evidence is there of unusual freedoms that she gets away with compared to her siblings? She seems to be want to be married but isn't desperate to leave the compound, so won't marry just anyone in order to escape. While her sisters seem carried away by fairytale endings and eager to believe that their own relationships had romantic beginnings (that in some cases seemed like a crush mistaken for star crossed love), I think Jana is not going to fall in love with the idea of love. In other words, she isn't going to turn a slight crush into a love story just because she wants her fairytale ending. She seems cautious and reserved so it would be consistent to wait. I think having her twin around also gives her some companionship of someone her age. If John David got married, I feel like she might have more impetus to find someone herself. 

1 hour ago, PainfullyAware said:

While her sisters seem carried away by fairytale endings and eager to believe that their own relationships had romantic beginnings (that in some cases seemed like a crush mistaken for star crossed love),

Yeah, I mean it was Jill that said she was in love with somebody had never met before! Talk about modesty. They say guarding your heart, I say bullshit. Not even the heathens go about it that way! 

I think you nailed it. Jana's the most cautious out of her sisters and it makes complete sense that she will wait and will continue to do so. I agree that Jana will not get married from just a crush but rather from a life changing divine intervention where every bit of godly inclination within her will tell her it's the one. They say the patient get the best love story and the best are saved for last. I hope it's true for her. 

What a bummer if she ends up with a guy like Pecan or Tabitha's husband. No one deserves that. 

While I dislike the guy and think he's insane he's a heck of a lot better than Tabitha husband. 

@Eatingintheprayercloset  Pecan is the best of the married Keller girls husbands.

I'd take him over Schrader in Africa or cheaty molesty Josh.

I'd be interested to know what impact Josh's courtship has had on Jana. She watched him woo Anna and hide/minimise his scummyness, she's also watched the fallout from the cheating. She knows more than anyone that good girls who do what daddy says can still be duped along with their daddies and courtship is no guarantee of a good marriage.

She also saw her other brother JD have a failed courtship, so she saw that courtships don't always end with marriage. That and the scandals involving Josh probably made her extremely cautious, so even if there were fundie suitors banging on the door, she's not interested in any of them. That doesn't mean that she'll never get married, as she might do what others who aren't fundies do, wait until their 30's at least before getting married.

1 minute ago, ADoyle90815 said:

She also saw her other brother JD have a failed courtship, so she saw that courtships don't always end with marriage.  

When did John David ever have a failed courtship??

6 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

She also saw her other brother JD have a failed courtship, so she saw that courtships don't always end with marriage. That and the scandals involving Josh probably made her extremely cautious, so even if there were fundie suitors banging on the door, she's not interested in any of them. 

If I was brought up in their culture and lived to experience what she's seen, including situations like these that obviously contradict everything they've been taught ("be good and quiet and submissive and good things will happen to you", essentially), I sure wouldn't be in a rush to marry either. 

Im guessing she either just isn't interested right now or hasn't found anyone she's been interested in enough to pursue it.   

Im guessing you meant Josiah, not JD with the failed courtship?

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Josiah was the one with the failed courtship.

'Failed' in fundieland. Also known as 'healthy, normal process of growing to understand oneself and what you're looking for' in the real world.

Josiah's courtship failed because he was probably forced into it after his long ass ALERT stay but that's none of my business. *sips iced tea*

And let's also not forget that before Anna, Josh had a failed engagement to that Holt girl. 

The Holt thing was confusing. Wasn't Josh only 14 at the time? That's too young for  courting, let alone being engaged.

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Josiah's courtship failed because he was probably forced into it after his long ass ALERT stay but that's none of my business. *sips iced tea*

Savage!

But please don't...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived