IGNORED

The Grab Family

I just heard about another fundy family in Texas who have 18 kids. Mr. Grab is a pastor purportedly recommended by Steven Anderson, although I couldn't find any reference on Anderson's website in just a quick skim. Anyone ever heard about them?

http://newson.us/ctx-couple-welcomes-home-18th-child/?utm_content=bufferadf89&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I wonder if they have a blog. That might be a new fundy rabbit hole to fall down, although there are plenty to explore already.

19 minutes ago, Bethella said:

From the Church website: "In a time where preachers are compromising and afraid to preach it straight, our pastor stands firm on the unchanging Truth!"

Yep, fundies.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Their social media links are just links to the social media sites, and not individual accounts. Too bad.

And she even looks like a younger version of Michelle Duggar!

Edited by keen23
because I forgot my chain of thought.
  • Upvote 1

I see a lot of linguistic consistencies between the Grabs and other families discussed here: calling it the "buddy system," referring to children as "blessings" almost synonymously, putting emphasis on being "taught a lot about relationships" (to quote eldest Anna Grace, which made me think of this). Add in the girls' curled hair, homeschooling, and (admittedly nifty) musical education and I can't believe that this sort of family structure could ever be seen as a non-Gothard offshoot.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, in the 2013 article, the mother, Linda, is 36 and the father, Joseph was 43 (as of that May). That means, she's now 40 and he's 47.

The recent article for their 18th child says she and Joseph have been married 24 years. That means, she got married when she was 16 and he was 23! WTF?! 

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Okay, in the 2013 article, the mother, Linda, is 36 and the father, Joseph was 43 (as of that May). That means, she's now 40 and he's 47.

The recent article for their 18th child says she and Joseph have been married 24 years. That means, she got married when she was 16 and he was 23! WTF?! 

Based on their ages in several of the articles, Joseph was born about 1970 and Linda about 1977. In the 2011 article it says the oldest child was born in May 1995. The 2017 article says the first child was born 10 1/2 months after they got married which puts their wedding in approximately August 1994. I suspect she would have been 17 when they got married but it's yucky because she was still underage and they have a seven year age difference.

• Upvote 4

• 6 months later...

I think my favorite quote from one of the articles was "they do not allow fighting".  Yeaaahhh.  I'm sure that they are punished for fighting but let's be real. 

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

"Even our handicapped child has been a blessing" I do get the spirit of what she was trying to say but it was a little jarring to read. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
  • Upvote 2