IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

15 hours ago, flycat said:

Any chance that the ranch is blocked out for next weekend so they can go to Big Sandy?

Thats a good point. And I can't see them getting married next weekend since so many friends will be at Big Sandy: http://familyconferences.org/events/family-conference/big-sandy/

Unless they are getting married at Big Sandy

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Thats a good point. And I can't see them getting married next weekend since so many friends will be at Big Sandy: http://familyconferences.org/events/family-conference/big-sandy/

Unless they are getting married at Big Sandy

JB & DQ are speakers in Big Sandy so no Duggar wedding this weekend. 

21 hours ago, CatchThatCow said:

That's a good picture of them. I am surprised that they were allowed to pose like this. It looks like his shoulder is dangerously close to her boobs. Isn't that the reason for side hugs only? I don't mean to be weird about it, I'm genuinely surprised. 

Same - I don't understand how they can say they won't hold hands (IIRC) but can have this kind of photo - much more physical contact than a sidehug.

Co-signing that they look like siblings, except she's the attractive sib...

2 minutes ago, Lurky said:

I don't understand how they can say they won't hold hands (IIRC) but can have this kind of photo - much more physical contact than a sidehug.

Now that they're engaged they are holding hands.  

People thought Mr. Wolf and I were siblings when we first met. I guess I hadn't  mastered looking adoringly at him. Hmm. Still haven't.

It would be nice if Joy asked cousin Amy to be a bridesmaid. They were so close as children. Amy was a positive, fun friend for the girls. It's sad that they can't remember that and forgive these rocky resent times. As Christians they are told to forgive, so why can't they forgive Amy? She should be there. I always thought Joy and Amy were sweet together.   

2 hours ago, GreenTea said:

It would be nice if Joy asked cousin Amy to be a bridesmaid. They were so close as children. Amy was a positive, fun friend for the girls. It's sad that they can't remember that and forgive these rocky resent times. As Christians they are told to forgive, so why can't they forgive Amy? She should be there. I always thought Joy and Amy were sweet together.   

Sorry if I'm not totally recalling my old-school duggar-knowledge well, but when were Joy and Amy ever close pals? Joy was like 7 when the TV specials started, Amy was already an adult when the show started. there's 10+ years between them.

I remember Amy and Joy having a close bond when Joy was around a pre-teen(?).  Joy was left out of the older girls' club back then, and seemed more free spirited and carefree which probably meshed well with Amy. It was probably more of an older sister/younger sister relationship, and I think Joy got attention she was otherwise missing. 

I always felt like the older girls judged Amy pretty harshly where as Joy seemed like she didn't. 

I still don't think they are going to get married in October. I think it'll be sometime in April, May, or even during the summer. But no way are they waiting till her 20th birthday (although it'd be nice).

Jill is due in June? I'm guessing that Anna is July/ Aug; announced sex of child around Josh's b'day. A wild guess of 20 weeks which would make due date approx. end of summer.

7 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Jill is due in June? I'm guessing that Anna is July/ Aug; announced sex of child around Josh's b'day. A wild guess of 20 weeks which would make due date approx. end of summer.

Jill is due in July.

On 4/20/2017 at 10:32 AM, SuchABlessing said:

Isn't the family camp closed this weekend for a "private" event?

Next weekend. 

eta: Big Sandy runs through the 29th, but JB and Mechelle could fly down with JD, speak, and come right back home without the rest of the family traveling there this year. eta: Found the speaker itinerary. Boob/Mechelle speak jointly on Wednesday, and Boob speaks solo with the Maxwells Friday morning. Plenty of time for JD to fly them home for a rehearsal dinner. 

http://familyconferences.org/events/family-conference/big-sandy/#schedule_hook

Not very likely, but possible. It's not like they're needed for wedding prep or anything. 

On 4/20/2017 at 11:31 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They look nothing alike. I think it has more to do with the awkward posture they have. They are trying to touch as little as possible and it shows. That screams brother/sister. 

I think they look alike - pointy chins, same hair color, and similar noses. Pretty much everything except slightly different eye color.

9 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I think they look alike - pointy chins, same hair color, and similar noses. Pretty much everything except slightly different eye color.

i think she same. it's not that photo that has made me think they look alike, but most others. they aren't identical, or anything, but if two strangers saw a photo of each of them in it they'd likely think they were siblings.

when the babies inevitably come (shudder - to think she'll be knocked up by 2018), i don't think they'll be much surprise as to what the baby will look like... unless they take after other relatives.

On 4/22/2017 at 6:20 PM, season of life said:

I still don't think they are going to get married in October.

They put on their registry that her bday in October is NOT the wedding day. Prob just a decoy and it's actually much sooner.

1 hour ago, snickers34 said:

They put on their registry that her bday in October is NOT the wedding day. Prob just a decoy and it's actually much sooner.

I'm guessing they will marry in early June, that is 3 months from engagement and at least a month before her moms Jill's due. if they don't marry in June, I would guess late August or early Sept, but I doubt they will wait until Sept. UNLESS Joy is wanting to wait until she is closer to 20 to marry so she isn't a pregnant teen? Perhaps that is something important to her? And the longer she waits to marry and have kids the better as far as I'm concerned. 

Based in her upbringing, a pregnant teen (married) Is an achievment unmatched by her sisters. I dont see that being something they would want to avoid if possible. 

The wedding still could be at the end of July or early August and be several weeks after Jill and before Anna give birth. It really depends on the specific due dates. I also think since Jill probably won't be very involved with the wedding planning (because of her baby and the potential for another cesarian), her role will probably be to just show up on the wedding day (even if she is official matron of honor). 

I know I'm a little late for the water discussion, but if you don't know how to make it from scratch then don't worry, you can always buy some Dehydrated Water.

Water.jpg

On 4/22/2017 at 6:05 PM, marmalade said:

Next weekend. 

eta: Big Sandy runs through the 29th, but JB and Mechelle could fly down with JD, speak, and come right back home without the rest of the family traveling there this year. eta: Found the speaker itinerary. Boob/Mechelle speak jointly on Wednesday, and Boob speaks solo with the Maxwells Friday morning. Plenty of time for JD to fly them home for a rehearsal dinner. 

http://familyconferences.org/events/family-conference/big-sandy/#schedule_hook

Not very likely, but possible. It's not like they're needed for wedding prep or anything. 

And I remember they were on the campaign trail until the Thursday before Jessa's wedding. IIRC, Jessa was also out campaigning that week too.

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And I remember they were on the campaign trail until the Thursday before Jessa's wedding. IIRC, Jessa was also out campaigning that week too.

probably because it was good pr for her to be seen as getting married that week and for the courting and engagement vibe that works

nothing is not planned between these people 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived