IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

2 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

I just got married and most registries actually send the gifts when they are ordered, not near the date of the event. ~So romantic~ lol

Yeah--husband and I started using our wedding gifts before we actually got hitched. Felt a bit guilty, but it was good to get a jump start on the thank you notes too.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK one more recipe then I will get out of here so you guys can discuss these chadults getting married in peace.

Soup

Ingredients:

*Can of soup

*Water

*Can opener

*Pot

*Bowl

*Spoon

*Ladle

Method:

*Take can opener and clamp to top of can then turn handle clockwise until you get all around the can and the lid springs up.  Use spoon to fish lid out of soup can if you go too far.

*Pour soup into pot and add one full can of water to soup unless you are using Campbell's Chunky, which eats like a meal, and is easier to prepare because you don't have to add any water.

*Heat soup gently while stirring and be careful not to burn or boil over.

*When heated to your desired temperature ladle into bowl and eat with spoon.

*Soup can also be poured directly from the pot into the bowl if mastering the ladle is too complicated.

*Garnish with a dill pickle and enjoy.

2 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

If it IS Joy's wedding weekend they're doing a great job keeping it under wraps. No hint-hints from Jill Rodrigues or anything!

Very good point. If it actually was this weekend, JRod would be posting all about a "secret" trip to Arkansas. Instead, she's promoting a meet and greet Friday to get more suckers roped into her MLM scheme. 

Unless the Duggars got so annoyed with her antics at Jinger's wedding, they just didn't invite her. Then again, even if that were the case, she'd prob still try and crash it. 

20 minutes ago, pook said:

Pour soup into pot and add one full can of water to soup unless you are using Campbell's Chunky, which eats like a meal, and is easier to prepare because you don't have to add any water.

*Heat soup gently while stirring and be careful not to burn or boil over.

*When heated to your desired temperature ladle into bowl

My pot won't fit in the microwave,  what do I do?!!

I have an automatic ice maker. I'm worried that this makes me less of a woman. Should I turn it off and make my ice from scratch? Is it healthier that way?

29 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

I have an automatic ice maker. I'm worried that this makes me less of a woman. Should I turn it off and make my ice from scratch? Is it healthier that way?

Handmade ice taste better because it has more soul and love in it.

2 hours ago, pook said:

@Georgiana With all do respect the recipe I posted was for ice "cubes" not ice "water" which should only be undertaken by advanced chefs, like those who have mastered the donut cake or Julia Child.

This is what my parents get for sending me to Ebil Catholic School instead of educating me at home like Good Christians!  I can't even read a recipe properly! 

1 hour ago, zygote373 said:

I just got married and most registries actually send the gifts when they are ordered, not near the date of the event. ~So romantic~ lol

I never knew that! Now realizing I am probably the first gift-giver for every wedding I attend then, because the second I get the invite I go online and order the gift off the registry! 

12 minutes ago, eleanora3 said:

New pic on their registry (sorry if already posted)

81RzhokMoIL.jpg

That's a good picture of them. I am surprised that they were allowed to pose like this. It looks like his shoulder is dangerously close to her boobs. Isn't that the reason for side hugs only? I don't mean to be weird about it, I'm genuinely surprised. 

1 hour ago, eleanora3 said:

81RzhokMoIL.jpg

Is it just me, or do they look like siblings? I always find it funny/weird when I see a couple that look alike. 

They look nothing alike. I think it has more to do with the awkward posture they have. They are trying to touch as little as possible and it shows. That screams brother/sister. 

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

You nearly killed me. Really!! I can't stop laughing.

I'd totally buy your cookbook, y'all! Go for it!! :D

13 hours ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yes it is. Personally, I don't think it's Joy's wedding (just a hunch) but I could definitely be wrong. My guess was that the wedding will happen in June, which is around the time the Dillards are supposed to come back from CA. I don't know if they would wait until after Jill gives birth, but she is Joy's sister-mom so who knows.

If it IS Joy's wedding weekend they're doing a great job keeping it under wraps. No hint-hints from Jill Rodrigues or anything!

I don't think Jill will be on anymore invitation lists to events meant to be under wraps after how she alone blew the cover for Jinger.  I feel bad for Jinger.  She looked riddled with anxiety when she looked outside and saw the paps.  Her post-marriage life of trying to stay under the radar makes me think that a private wedding was important to her, and Jill ruined that.

1 hour ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I don't think Jill will be on anymore invitation lists to events meant to be under wraps after how she alone blew the cover for Jinger.  I feel bad for Jinger.  She looked riddled with anxiety when she looked outside and saw the paps.  Her post-marriage life of trying to stay under the radar makes me think that a private wedding was important to her, and Jill ruined that.

And another thing that I missed. What did Jill do?

Just now, ophelia said:

And another thing that I missed. What did Jill do?

Jinger and Jeremy's wedding was supposed to be kept quiet.  Everyone who was invited was invited confidentially.  No one who wasn't invited knew when the wedding was or anything at all about it.  Really impressive for how big it was going to be.

Then Jill posted a photo of her invitation when bragging about being invited to the wedding, and the cover was blown.  The paparazzi and media crawled the place.  Literally only because of Jill.  No one else revealed any details, even though something like 1,000 other people were invited.  It's really impressive how, if Jill hadn't been invited, that wedding would have happened before we knew about it.

Some pictures of Jinger looking upset when looking out of the church, and Jeremy looking pissed off, had people speculating that he was being a jerk to her, but really, they were probably understandably angry that their special day became a media circus.  ALL BECAUSE OF JILL.

7 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

81RzhokMoIL.jpg

I still don't want her to get married because she is way too young (maybe not in age -- plenty of 19-year-olds marry -- but definitely in terms of life experience and emotional/mental maturity), but I can't deny that this is a lovely picture and Joy is a beautiful young lady. I hope Austin tells her so, and makes her feel special and loved. But after being wrong about Derick and wishing I wasn't right about Jeremy, I'm just going to go ahead and steel myself for the revelation that Austin's a creepy, controlling dickwad.

@Jug Band Baby, thank you! Jill is even more stupid than I expected her to be.

I really hope that Austin in fact manages to surprise is and is going to be a good husband. Only time will tell and maybe we'll never now.

@Jug Band Baby you can't give all the credit to Jill R for blowing the cover on that wedding. Certainly she gave it away when she teased that they were on their way to a big event in Arkansas that weekend but she wasn't the only one. I don't remember her posting a picture of the invitation but I do remember Jonathan Hartono doing so on Instagram. The photographer had an exchange with Whitney Bates on Instagram asking her if she would see her at the wedding next weekend which we interpreted as Jinger's and there were airport pictures of jeremy's family on the way to Arkansas for the wedding. There were small clues from several sources. It was impressive that something that big was kept under wraps as much as it was.

I don't even know who Jonathan Hartono is, and can't find any reference on this forum to him posting it, but did see the invitation posted by Jill.  I think it was her Facebook page.  A photog asking Whitney if she'd see her soon and Jeremy's family traveling don't confirm anything.  The photo Jill posted did.

Who is Hartono?

5 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

I don't even know who Jonathan Hartono is, and can't find any reference on this forum to him posting it, but did see the invitation posted by Jill.  I think it was her Facebook page.  A photog asking Whitney if she'd see her soon and Jeremy's family traveling don't confirm anything.  The photo Jill posted did.

Who is Hartono?

Friends of the Duggars, he posted the wedding invitation on instagram letting the paparazzi know just where and when the wedding would be. Jill didn't post the invitations nor give away the location until well after the wedding. 

14 minutes ago, Jug Band Baby said:

Who is Hartono?

Jill didn't post any photos until after the wedding already happened. The only thing she did beforehand was write in her blog about going to a SUPER SECRET SPECIAL EVENT in Arkansas. She didn't say where or who it was for (although it was obvious to most of us on FJ it was most likely Jinger's wedding.)

From what I can recall, the reason we confirmed where it was was because of people who actually attend the university posting online about the wedding setup that was going on.

ETA: I forgot about Jonathan posting the invite! So if anything he was the one who outed them. Not JRod, much as I enjoy snarking on her.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived