IGNORED

Joy and Austin: Getting Married is Too Much Work!

choralcrusader8613

Previous thread here:

Shoutout to @albanuadh_1 for reminding us of retro Joy-Anna quotes!

There's not a ton of news about the couple currently. They went on a plane ride together, and we discussed recipes at the end of the last thread. Maybe this thread will see the couple married. Who knows?

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SuchABlessing said:

Isn't the family camp closed this weekend for a "private" event?

Yes it is. Personally, I don't think it's Joy's wedding (just a hunch) but I could definitely be wrong. My guess was that the wedding will happen in June, which is around the time the Dillards are supposed to come back from CA. I don't know if they would wait until after Jill gives birth, but she is Joy's sister-mom so who knows.

If it IS Joy's wedding weekend they're doing a great job keeping it under wraps. No hint-hints from Jill Rodrigues or anything!

I am home sick today with terrible anxiety among other things.  @harleyquinn Thank you!  Your recipe for water made me LOL and I really needed that.  I will now offer you my family's tried and true recipe for ice cubes.

Ice cubes:

Ingredients:

*water

*jug

*fridge with freezer

Method:

*Fill up jug with water.

*Carefully pour water from jug into ice cube tray or trays if you are feeding a large crowd.

*Fill each little ice cube square to the brim - that's the edge.

*Transfer to freezer with slow and cautious steps so as not to spill any water.

*Freeze until firm.

*Enjoy ice cubes on their own or with your favorite beverage.

*Leftovers can be frozen and stored in an ice bucket.

9 minutes ago, pook said:

I am home sick today with terrible anxiety among other things.  @harleyquinn Thank you!  Your recipe for water made me LOL and I really needed that.  I will now offer you my family's tried and true recipe for ice cubes.

This is far too vague. What kind of water? Bottled, or will tap do? And how big a jug do I need? Ugh, so confusing.

9 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

If it IS Joy's wedding weekend they're doing a great job keeping it under wraps. No hint-hints from Jill Rodrigues or anything!

Jill R is off to NY to shill Plexus this weekend.

1 minute ago, VineHeart137 said:

This is far too vague. What kind of water? Bottled, or will tap do? And how big a jug do I need? Ugh, so confusing.

Oh dear, sorry about that.  If you use bottled water you don't need the jug.  I should have been more clear.  For special occasions I like to serve the firm little square icy morsels as a side to a doughnut cake such as this:

donuts21.jpg

My big question is does cousin Amy make it into the Bridal party this time around? 

I have never been in the presence of a donut cake. How does it work with the icing possibly sticking to the other donuts?

This could potentially be abusive. Just sayin'.

23 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Yes it is. Personally, I don't think it's Joy's wedding (just a hunch) but I could definitely be wrong. My guess was that the wedding will happen in June, which is around the time the Dillards are supposed to come back from CA. I don't know if they would wait until after Jill gives birth, but she is Joy's sister-mom so who knows.

Yeah, no way Joy will get married with out her mom sister Jill being there.  Carlin Bates hasn't said anything about road trip to AR, and she would be all over that.

4 minutes ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I have never been in the presence of a donut cake. How does it work with the icing possibly sticking to the other donuts?

This could potentially be abusive. Just sayin'.

Donut cakes are NOT for beginners.

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

My big question is does cousin Amy make it into the Bridal party this time around? 

I doubt Amy will be a bridesmaid since she hasn't before and none of them were in hers. Plus Joy is almost 10 years younger than Amy & while Joy seems to be very outgoing, she doesn't strike me as a Famy type. I wouldn't have her in it for fear of her blabbing about the details for the attention. 

Didn't I read somewhere that they set the wedding date in late October, around Joy's birthday, or is that just smokescreens/unconfirmed? 

I kind of like Joy but not sure how I feel about the fiance. 

52 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

^ I wonder if after the whole Jinger-wedding-date-outing ~ if the Duggar family will conveniently "misplace" Jill R.'s invitation :P

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I've only made ice-water for large groups and mega-families!  How will I know how to cut down the recipe to make it for only a couple of people?!?!?!?!  

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

With only Tessie and Kaylee and NursingToddlerSophia.  

There's NO way Jill R would EVER miss bringing ALL her elder children to a fundie wedding.  How else will they catch spouses?!?!

@Georgiana With all do respect the recipe I posted was for ice "cubes" not ice "water" which should only be undertaken by advanced chefs, like those who have mastered the donut cake or Julia Child.

2 hours ago, pook said:

This showed up on my Facebook today, and seems appropriate for this thread: https://www.facebook.com/meh.cooking/videos/1878202539061454/

5 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

This showed up on my Facebook today, and seems appropriate for this thread: https://www.facebook.com/meh.cooking/videos/1878202539061454/

Thanks so much for that!  Evidently I forgot the step of smoothing out the water with a spatula before freezing!

"There are only four great arts: music, painting, sculpture, and ornamental pastry ice making." Julia Child

1 hour ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Didn't I read somewhere that they set the wedding date in late October, around Joy's birthday, or is that just smokescreens/unconfirmed?

The date in her registry is her birthday, which is late October. But we think that's not the real date, just a placeholder so the date doesn't become public.

Are donut cakes usually made with iced donuts, or not?

I will search for my old recipe for cereal with bananas. 

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

I'm quite curious about Joy's wedding and what kind of style/theme she will choose. 

I see a lot of black and white and broomsticks and cowboy hats 

14 minutes ago, zygote373 said:

The date in her registry is her birthday, which is late October. But we think that's not the real date, just a placeholder so the date doesn't become public.

There are too many items already purchased for the wedding to be in late october. my bet is on that they are getting married in may and will recieve the gifts on Joy's birthday.

9 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

There are too many items already purchased for the wedding to be in late october. my bet is on that they are getting married in may and will recieve the gifts on Joy's birthday

I just got married and most registries actually send the gifts when they are ordered, not near the date of the event. ~So romantic~ lol

How many ice cubes per cup? Are portions to be larger for a headship? Is this more of a Maxwell question, since they know the correct number of animal crackers a person should be granted? Am I allowed to consume ice cubes as a submissive woman? Will the cold liquid affect my potential as a broadmare? What if I make an idol of the ice cubes? I am scared and need answers. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived