IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers Engaged

Bazinga

Very beautiful tent! Grooms walked grandma (assuming) down the aisle.

Both Grooms spoke, asked for God's presence during this holy institution...

After brides "given away", crowd sings "How Great Thou Art." very rousing rendition I must say, with no hymnals for multiple verses!

The Father of the Brides welcomed every guest, saying they rejoiced over every RSVP, and choked up talking about how his daughters asked him to speak at the wedding. He talked about the importance of marriage and family...how his new sons love the Lord...prayers for God to direct and bless their lives...praying for these sons for their daughters for their whole lives...God is so good...good marriage is closest thing to Heaven...live according to the Bible because man's ways all fail (getting darker now)..."even before the Fall we needed women...the different role [of men and women] complement each other, GIVING brides away as good wives"

oh boy. "Our only purpose here on earth is to glorify God. We honor God with cheerful, instant obedience like a child obeys a parent."

"Jurisdiction/duty of the man to lead but also responsibility. Whatever area in which the family is failing, it is your fault...Keep your home a refuge of purity...some people might think you're too legalistic, but we do it out of love for the Lord" There are some real gems here.

"We've been praying for 10 generations of 10 children and that they all fear the Lord."

"God is blessing you [the brides] with marriage for honoring your father and your mother." And...he's done.

Father of the Groom praying now.

The two families are going to sing together now. Great Is Thy Faithfulness. Apparently the parents of the couples prayed together that their children might marry each other. The singers are not as good as I had hoped...

One of the grooms speaking..."love bride as Christ loved the church" and also "I hope you find the love of God." Is there anyone at this wedding that isn't religious??? And he goes on and on about being saved.

Pastor and his wife sing "About the Cross" while brides and grooms do something unity related.
Eek have to get back to work!

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.16.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.18.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.19.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.20.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.26.58 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.27.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.37.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 2.53.33 PM.png

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No veils and why does the bride on the right have her train untidily bustled ...

Fundies are massacring "How Great Thou Art."

24 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

It's on the YouTube channel bontragerfirstborn ... I'm watching right now but the ceremony hasn't started

I arrive just as they are starting!

I like what I see of the dresses so far

Come on Bowers senior, move it along. 

Why is he giving a full-on father of the Bride speech at the top of the ceremony?

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:

The brides do look very plain.  Nothing special with the hair or dress either.

I think ultimately this shows what a normal fundie wedding looks like where the families aren't rolling in the $$$$. Even then the Bontragers are probably more well off than many others. 

Just now, Bazinga said:

I think ultimately this shows what a normal fundie wedding looks like where the families aren't rolling in the $$$$. Even then the Bontragers are probably more well off than many others. 

I guess so, there is no TLC team here :)

I think papa bowers is going to talk for awhile....

5 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The brides do look very plain.  Nothing special with the hair or dress either.

I need a closer look. They might be more detailed on closer inspection. 

I don't think the singing is that bad--its just a congregation singing a capella. Why would we expect professional results?

I'm shocked at how informal some of the attendees are--polo shirts with sunglasses on your head? jean skirts? did you just swing by on the way to the grocery store?  Is that Michelle Duggar in jade green? I only see the back of her.

I hope all the nice Mennonite ladies snub her at the reception.

My video has pretty poor resolution, but I think the bridesmaids dresses look pretty decent by fundy standards.

3 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

I think we are also seeing the Bontrager's Mennonite background of plainness (and timeliness!!) on display here. And did you see in the Live Chat that someone named "His Way Services Blog" just said Hi to the Maxwells?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

I don't think the singing is that bad--its just a congregation singing a capella. Why would we expect professional results?

I'm shocked at how informal some of the attendees are--polo shirts with sunglasses on your head? jean skirts? did you just swing by on the way to the grocery store?  Is that Michelle Duggar in jade green? I only see the back of her.

I live in the Midwest and that's fairly typical for outdoor weddings. There are always a handful of people in jeans and polos. 

2 minutes ago, seraaa said:

What is this Homily/ Father of the Bride speech that is happening right now?

Is this a Protestant thing or a fundie thing?

Fundie, usually the groom speaks.

4 minutes ago, seraaa said:

What is this Homily/ Father of the Bride speech that is happening right now?

Is this a Protestant thing or a fundie thing?

Fundie.

I'm out.  Mr P came home from work early.

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I live in the Midwest and that's fairly typical for outdoor weddings. There are always a handful of people in jeans and polos. 

That is so weird to me... in my country (Colombia) weddings are always dressy! Even if they're at the beach or outdoors people wear elegant outfits 

Just now, SallyDraper said:

Fundie, usually the groom speaks.

Gah. Is there going to be a Father of the Groom homily too?  Although, to be fair, it is a double wedding so it is entitled to be superlong.

Am I wrong, but has all of the music so far been recorded? I was kinda shocked by that-- I know that none of the Bontragers and Bowers would be available to perform beforehand, but I am surprised that there was no one else to play harp or piano.

Oh lord your sons weren't stuck up! They just didn't know how to talk to girls because you people put courting and marriage on this ridiculously high pedestal! That would make anyone self conscious or nervous to talk to girls their age! 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived